Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT: WHO LEAVES a $30,000 necklace and $2,000 in their purse, at work, at the Mall? Sorry, but, you should have known better.

COSTCO EMPLOYEES will most likely reside in Evans and N. Augusta. Costco has no contract to hire Richmond County residents. Half of RC deputies reside outside RC. The backbone of Richmond County gets more fragile every day because of crime and blight!

AUGUSTA IS GOING to be really cool when Ripken moves the baseball team to a city that supports a new stadium.

A GREAT DEAL of Midwest flooding happened because the federal government build too many levees. Now, years later, look at how stupidly destructive the federal government has been with OUR money. And still, politicians are quite certain they can control anything, even the weather, even nature.

I USED TO live in Knob Hill. Despite what has been portrayed in the media, there are many great people who live there, and I really miss some of my neighbors. However, I do not miss the Knob Hill Homeowners Association. I have never dealt with such an unreasonable group of folks in my life. But the HOA is not representative of the neighborhood in general.

IS THERE NOTHING in the whole of the CSRA that is newsworthy enough to feature on the front page of The Augusta Chronicle (June 29, 2011 edition) other than a South Carolina baseball team? I mean really, that's why you have a "Sports" section -- keep it there and not on the front page. I'm seriously considering canceling my subscription.

I NOTICE MAYOR Deke skipped his headline event with the celebrity softball event this past weekend at Lake Olmstead Stadium. Was he afraid that he'd have a backlash from the fans about his new stadium thing that nobody wants?

QUIT FOOLING AROUND with Medicare A and B. If you made mistakes and stole money out of the Social Security, then it's up to you to pay it back, not the senior citizens.

THE CHRISTIAN opinions I've heard aren't so kind. There's plenty of sensitivity towards you, but most of you don't believe that God created us all equal. Those of you who believe that way give Christianity a bad name and that's my reason for no longer attending church.

THIS IS A RANT for KNOB HILL, and possibly Homes for Troops. One, or both of you guys dropped the ball. Y'all should have found a way to make this happen. SFC Gittens: You and your family are formally invited to move to and live comfortably in the CITY OF HARLEM.

Tell us what you think

Comments (37)

etlinks
etlinks 07/04/11 - 07:14 am

Rant#6- It was on the front

Rant#6- It was on the front page because a local team won the CWS not once but back to back. We are lucky to have so many great sport teams close to the CSRA. Be happy, smile and don't worry about the small things.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/04/11 - 07:15 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/04/11 - 07:17 am

Happy 4th of July, America.

Happy 4th of July, America.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 07/04/11 - 07:42 am

KUDOS to the Greater Augusta

KUDOS to the Greater Augusta Arts Council for relocating Arts in the Heart of Augusta to an auto-free Broad Street.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 08:42 am

Willow you asked....where is

Willow you asked....where is riverman......Gone With The Wind for now...

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 08:46 am

Question To AC & esp,

Question To AC & esp, Sean......

Why do we lose good posters....is it because they dare to put their OPINION on here.....why have comments if we are carbon copy robots.......did we step on someones feelings .....did big power-money call & say hush up those posters???? Curious.........because broken record robots are still here......we can cut off the hand that feeds us....ya know whatta mean!!!!!! Seeya later guys.......:()

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 07/04/11 - 09:07 am

Wow...RM gone...how pathetic

Wow...RM gone...how pathetic is that?.........

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/04/11 - 09:07 am

#9 Ranter....using an excuse

#9 Ranter....using an excuse to not attend church is just that, an excuse. Most Christians agree that God has made us all equal, and I don't know the opinions you've heard to know whether those who are calling themselves Christians are actually Christians or just playing as Christians. Our duty as a Christian (I'm assuming you are a Christian) is to pray and seek God's guidance where He wants us to worship Him and to use the talents and gifts He has given us....not sit home and use excuses. There are hundreds of churches in this area and I'm sure out of all those there is at least one place that God wishes to use you. Allowing man to cause you to disobey God's teachings, is placing man before God.

countyman
countyman 07/04/11 - 11:39 am

How do you figure the

How do you figure the employees will reside in either Evans or North Augusta?? The corporate at Costco could have built the store in Columbia or Aiken counties... There's plenty of land near exit 5 waiting for developers to build a large shopping center.. Costco decided it's much better to locate in Richmond County nearby those counties..

The VAR property is located in West Augusta and Martinez is the second closes area... The sales tax money created from the 115 acre Village at Riverwatch stays in Richmond County..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 11:40 am

Thank you to all the veterans....I'm proud to be an American & coming from the South just makes it even better...:)

Pu239
Pu239 07/04/11 - 11:54 am

All of the tax money created

All of the tax money created stays in Richmond County.....I think we know what happened to Joe Isuzu...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/04/11 - 12:10 pm

#2, I know this may come as a

#2, I know this may come as a huge surprise to some, but the world does not end at the Richmond County line.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 12:50 pm

You are funny RK.....growth &

You are funny RK.....growth & business won't stop at the Rcty line either....but for some who don't get it......here ya go.

happychimer
happychimer 07/04/11 - 12:59 pm

I don't have to go to a

I don't have to go to a building in order to be close to God and worship Him.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/04/11 - 01:24 pm

It's a good thing the world

It's a good thing the world doesn't end at the RC line. I would have never met seenit.

Trouble
Trouble 07/04/11 - 01:31 pm

rk, the world does indeed end

rk, the world does indeed end at the richmond county line.......seenit beamed in from outer space...........smooches seenit, love ya

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 07/04/11 - 01:33 pm

Sean, stay away from that

Sean, stay away from that delete key. We are just having fun on a holiday.

Willow Bailey
20240
Willow Bailey 07/04/11 - 02:29 pm

Happy 4th of July, ICL,

Happy 4th of July, ICL, Seenit, Cobalt George, Happychimer, Riverman and others.

I am proud to be a Christian American, and thank each and every veteran who has served and continues to serve our great nation.

A very Special Thank You! to SFC Sean Gittens and his beautiful family for your service and devotion to our country. May God bless you all immensely during this upcoming year.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 02:34 pm

uuuummmm.....You met me

uuuummmm.....You met me inside Richmond county......I was visiting from outer space like trouble said..(hiya trouble) I had my good looking daughter with me....so you didn't really notice my space outfit...lol

Thunder & storms coming up here......windy---& I want to eat that dad burn watermelon outside....

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 02:42 pm

thomson.....I know whatcha

thomson.....I know whatcha mean about the news slant---I get so mad sometimes with msnbc........morning joe is about the best they have anymore....& they get suspended every week for the remarks against libs......

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 02:48 pm

The next time we meet let's

The next time we meet let's meet in Columbia county---tax $$$ can go to that county instead of Rcty.....we also need a poster with the name "columbia countyman"....maybe when river is rebirthed he will be that name....but knowing him he would want to stick river in the name somewhere.....haha.....Shall We Gather At The River.....lol

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/04/11 - 02:51 pm

happychimer, I didn't say you

happychimer, I didn't say you had to go to a building in order to be close to God or worship him.

Christians attend church as an expression of love for the Lord. We gather corporately to "serve" Him, to learn and therefore go out into the world and be a witness for Christ.

Christians attend church to build up our spiritual strength and fellowship with other believers, a time to gather and pray, to encourage and lift up others and also to honor our Lord. The Hebrew epistle tells us not to forsake assembling together.

It's like teaching someone a new job and then never letting them do that job....you soon forget the right way to do the job and start making up your own rules and procedures. How do you use your spiritual gifts if you are not joined with a body of believers?

Willow Bailey
20240
Willow Bailey 07/04/11 - 02:52 pm

Riverman needs to take a

Riverman needs to take a lesson from Tinkerbell!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 02:53 pm

On the margin of the

On the margin of the river,
Washing up its silver spray,
We will talk and worship ever,
All the happy golden day.
Ere we reach the shining river,
Lay we every burden down;
Grace our spirits will deliver,
And provide a robe and crown.

A beautiful song......don't make me sing it though...:)

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/04/11 - 02:54 pm

Happy 4th to you too, Willow!

Happy 4th to you too, Willow!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 02:55 pm

I think he has

I think he has willow.......but he won't fessup.......it seems he wants to stay "undercover."

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 03:29 pm

http://bw.org/end/ In memory

In memory of a poster of the last years........he once told me I could reach the end of the internet....here it is!!!!!

YankeeInvasion
YankeeInvasion 07/04/11 - 03:31 pm

The last rant: Come live in

The last rant: Come live in Harlem.

Ho boy...I take that ranter isn't "in the loop" yet about Harlem. We got ourselves a mayor that sold his personal property to the city at an exhorbitant price. To top it off, the city of Harlem can't get approved for funding or grants to buy this building, but that's okay-they are just letting the mayor PERSONALLY finance the sale for them! Hooray for cronyism! Our city council keeps voting to buy up properties in Harlem, but there's no money to fix them up. The loans that are taken out to buy the buildings just don't cover the cost of repairs. We have a wonderful museum dedicated to Oliver Hardy, who was born here, and it is losing money hand over fist. To top that off, the volunteers who work there are treated so shabbily that they are quitting volunteering altogether, or just limiting their services to a few hours a month.

And because our lovely city is so business friendly, we should really wonder in bewilderment why so many businesses stay for a few months and leave. No, all is not well in Harlem. But it is well hidden.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/04/11 - 04:54 pm

In 2009, the median wealth of

In 2009, the median wealth of a U.S. House member stood at $765,010, up from $645,503 in 2008. The median wealth of a U.S. senator was nearly $2.38 million, up from $2.27 million in 2008.

For all members of Congress regardless of chamber, median wealth in 2009 reached $911,510, up from $785,515 in 2008. This spike in personal wealth represents a notable rebound from the period between 2007 and 2008, when overall congressional wealth slipped by more than 5 percent. Federal lawmakers’ personal wealth climaxed in 2007 -- the pinnacle of nearly a decade’s worth of steady asset value expansion.

Will we ever have any poor people in congress??

Preetorius gets 24-year prison sentence for real estate fraud

U.S. District Court Judge J. Randal Hall sentenced Regina Preetorius, 47, to the near maximum possible, finding that the extent of financial damage she left in her wake by 2008 devastated those ...