Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for the Augusta Fire Department Firefighters located on Richmond Hill Road who arrived within a few minutes after a tree fell on power lines on Martin Road causing numerous rapid outage explosions of four or five power circuits. This occurred between 11:30 p.m. and midnight during the storm on June 21; and the firefighters stayed right there until the Georgia Power Co. repairmen arrived about a half-hour or so later to make the necessary repairs. Within approximately two hours, our section of this neighborhood had regained power -- yes, I know as a homeowner our taxes are part of this type of coverage protection, but I felt so safe and secure knowing they were all there! What great, great service! Thanks to all of you!

NEWS PHOTO SHOWS somebody supporting lawbreaking immigrants (holding) a sign reading "Brown is beautiful." What does "'brown is beautiful" have to do with rewarding lawbreakers? But aha! The photo caption say this person is a "community organizer." That's what Obama used to be. Is the sign-carrying "organizer," herself, here legally?

THE SUPPLEMENT THAT you included with a recent Wednesday paper, titled "Life After 50!" shows a happy couple in a convertible with the top down, not using seat belts and not wearing hats or sunglasses. The title should have been "Living Foolishly After 50."

THIS IS A HUGE RAVE for the Augusta Commission and the road paving crew that showed up in our subdivision a couple of days ago. We waited a long time to get our streets resurfaced, but the wait was worth it. The crew was working in torrid heat, but their work was perfect. They showed special interest for everyone's property. Thanks to all involved.

THIS IS IN REGARDS to the stadium issue on the river. Really, let's face reality. I've been to Chattanooga to see the stadium on the river there and I had a wonderful time. I've been to Durham. The stadium downtown was beautiful. Augusta, let's have a stadium downtown on Reynolds Street and you will bring more business to downtown. We'd have a wonderful place to visit, go watch the ballgame, eat and relax, and enjoy Augusta.

DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM with cell phones being banned on the campus, but there needs to be a pay phone on the outside for students to contact their parents when they're finished with after-school activities.

I HAVE HAD A COMPUTER for 6 weeks, and all I have gotten from it is headaches, HIGHER blood pressure, and a lighter pocketbook. Like the recent rant from the reader, I read, (books, and the newspaper) There's TV, and I also have a life -- on Earth, not cyberspace.

OUR COMMUNITY is blessed to have 4H's Shirley Williamson supporting our youth. Her tireless efforts to ensure that all participants grow from their experiences should be commended.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4 07/02/11 - 11:18 am
Well ok paul...just the next

Well ok paul...just the next time you have a rant just say "seenit isn't included in this rant." :O)

happychimer
19565
happychimer 07/02/11 - 11:54 am
paul I don't even pay

paul I don't even pay attention anymore to those blaming President Obama for everything wrong in this country and abroad. If they want to live all their time moaning and groaning , then they're the ones with big problems.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 12:17 pm
How can anybody with more

How can anybody with more then one brain cell help but moan and groan when America has a King SMCICBHO that has one goal and that is bring America down to it's knees. Yes, true Americans have a problem.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:18 pm
Just found out today

Just found out today that...

Remeber the84 yr old lady who was beaten & robbed (lived off hy1 & wheeless rd area near Italian restaurant)....it seems another older lady in her 80s had a breakin just right b4 this happened.....(same area of town)my daughter knows her granddaughter & now that granddaughter luves with her granny....this lady escaped out her backdoor when she heard him crash in.....climbed over a fence to safety w/neighbor........this is what A Leaves & others mean when we say NOT ALL crimes are reported & NOT ALL crime make the headlines......thankfully this older lady wasn't beaten.....just robbed.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:27 pm
Hi CG..... We also have a

Hi CG.....

We also have a problem with people living in downtown & think we all will rush down there because they say it is safe/FABULOUS 24 hrs a day....lalaland comes to mind.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 12:29 pm
B4, If we all knew of all the

B4, If we all knew of all the crime committed in Richmond County on a daily basic, there would be no way we could handle it. Life in that county is about the same way the movie, "Good Morning Vienam" was portrayed. 90% is censored.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 12:32 pm
Did you hear that Hartford

Did you hear that Hartford made a statement that anybody going to a 4th of July parade or view Fireworks is being brainwash to become a Republican.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 12:37 pm
If our King SMCICBHO makes it

If our King SMCICBHO makes it past 2012, I can guarantee that there will be no more 4th of July.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:37 pm
I'm afraid you are right

I'm afraid you are right Cg....
The problem in south Rcty is alot of the older residents don't want to move....this has been their home for many years...some just don't have the $$$ to move....such a shame that older folks have to live in fear...that should be the time of their life for peace.

Of course if any thugs are shot while breaking in you can just hear the comments.......If they are breaking in my home ..I will shoot & ask questions later.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 12:44 pm
There is a strong move at

There is a strong move at this time to confiscate that ability to shoot & ask questions later. This action is being kept from the public. NRA is a good place to see what plans are taken place.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:44 pm
I didn't hear about the

I didn't hear about the comment concerning the4th...

Very few have flags out in our neighborhood.....we have our flag flying....kinda makes me sad .......some don't realize these freedoms can disappear in a heartbeat.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:47 pm
I will always have a gun....&

I will always have a gun....& I don't care what the law is....

happychimer
19565
happychimer 07/02/11 - 12:49 pm
No more 4th of July? hahaha

No more 4th of July? hahaha

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 12:51 pm
I read this someplace...."I

I read this someplace...."I don't even pay attention anymore to those blaming President Obama for everything wrong in this country and abroad."

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:55 pm
seenitB4 07/02/11 - 12:59 pm
I also read today that China

I also read today that China sez we better NOT default on our debt...not even for a short amount of time....they own us now!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 01:01 pm
Yes B4, it is all Bush fault!

Yes B4, it is all Bush fault!

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 01:12 pm
Cg....what do you think about

Cg....what do you think about a ballpark going in downtown??

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 01:17 pm
Joke = Stupidity. No common

Joke = Stupidity. No common sense used in making this move.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 01:30 pm
We have here in Gwinnett now

We have here in Gwinnett now & of course the costs doubled what was originally said it would be....& then the economy tanked..

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 01:33 pm
seenitB4 07/02/11 - 01:36 pm
Parking fees are bringing in

Parking fees are bringing in 15% of what was predicted.....amazing how the pr folks can make it sound soooo good when they are selling the thing.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 01:50 pm
The first surgeon, says: "I

The first surgeon, says: "I like to see accountants on my
operating table, because when you open them up, everything inside is
numbered."

The second surgeon, responds: "Yeah, but you should try
electricians. Everything inside of them is color coded."

The third surgeon, says: "No, I really think librarians are the
best, everything inside of them is in alphabetical order."

The fourth chimes in: "You know, I like
construction workers.... those guys always understand when you have a few
parts left over."

But, the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he
observed: "You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on.
There's no guts, no heart, no b**ls, no brains, and no spine, -- and the
head and the butt are interchangeable."

My funnie for today!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 01:57 pm
Ball Park.....Why did some

Ball Park.....Why did some good restaurants on Wrightsboro Rd close within 2 years? Why is the Augusta Mall one step from becoming a Regency Mall? The only way you can answer these questions is by using Non-PC. Ball Park will be just another play ground for thugs and crime and lack of respect for something that could be something nice but will not be maintained.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/02/11 - 01:59 pm
B4, here's my funnie for

B4, here's my funnie for today.

This was written by a black gentleman in Texas and is so funny. What a great sense of humor And creativity!!!

When U Black, U Black

When I was born, I was BLACK ,

When I grew up, I was BLACK ,When I go in the sun, I stay BLACK,When I get cold, I am BLACK ,

When I am scared, I am BLACK ,

When I am sick, I am BLACK ,

And when I die, I'll still be BLACK .

NOW, You 'white' folks......

When you're born, you're PINK ,

When you grow-up, you're WHITE ,

When you go in the sun, you get RED ,

When you're cold, you turn BLUE ,

When you're scared, you're YELLOW ,

When you get sick, you're GREEN ,

When you bruise, you turn PURPLE ,

And when you die, you look GRAY .

So who y'all be callin'

CO L O R E D Folks?

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 02:06 pm
That is funny & true.....haha

That is funny & true.....haha

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/02/11 - 02:07 pm
Independence Day should be

Independence Day should be for Republicans and Libertarians only. Democrats shouldn't be allowed to look at the fireworks or grill anything.

seenitB4 07/02/11 - 02:14 pm
What shall we do with em when

What shall we do with em when they do look & grill...you know they will...nosey yaknow.....

Today I had jalapeno ranch dressing on my salad at lunch....sooo hot & soooo good.......try it ...I think you will like it.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 07/02/11 - 02:16 pm
Off topic, but I just got a

Off topic, but I just got a call from the wife of a retired Richmond Co. firefighter. She said when she went to get a prescription filled today she was told their insurance paid through the city pension fund was cancelled. Likewise so was others she knows as of yesterday.
If true, I guess we know how "Our Dear Leaders" plan to finance their new ball stadium. Anyone with any info on this?

usafvet
usafvet 07/02/11 - 02:24 pm
Good moorning seenit and

Good moorning seenit and George. That was a good one George. The pathetic thing is the wasy we mus sith and decide on what they want to be called at the givdn time. Ic they would only accept a position in life and then build on that position, they too could become someone that they could be of. But that of course means accepting resposibility for their own lives and well being.