Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

CONGRATULATIONS TO the Knob Hill Homeowners Association for broadcasting to the world where NOT to buy a new home. That should really have an impact on your precious property values.

BRAVO TO Gov. Nikki Haley for refusing to make the state cover a GOP convention. That's a political event and should not be paid by other taxpayers. This lady impresses me more and more over time with her good sense. Even as a Democrat, I have to tip my hat to her! And a Boo Hiss Boo to those other Republicans that tried to run the cost of the convention onto taxpayers.

REALLY A SHAME all those people had their golf cart batteries stolen and wires cut by thieves in the same community. I honestly hope investigators with the police catch who is responsible and they are given what they deserve times two. I hate a thief.

AZZIZ KEEPS changing the MCG names. Why? Why fix what ain't broke? Carter already did that, and look what a glorious mess he left.

ISN'T IT COSTING the taxpayers money to have Fred Russell draw up a financing plan for this nebulous stadium idea? Last time I checked, the city administrator was a county employee, and I'm assuming all of these negotiations and drafts will occur "on the clock." Can't we just wait until the team owners have a concrete proposal and then go from there?

AS FAR AS I'm concerned, I will continue to say MCG and not GHSU. The same for Clarks Hill. I will never refer to Clarks Hill as Thurmond Lake. I also still say the Civic Center.

REALLY HOPE Richmond County police catch whomever is responsible for stealing those golf cart batteries in the same community on the news. Sad to see all those people have to deal with that type nonsense in their lives.

OUR PRESIDENT reminds me of the man at work who walks around with a clipboard trying to look busy. We constantly see photo ops at factories, at college, at backyard meetings and other such photo opportunities. When does he stay in Washington and do real work?

A SO-CALLED "gay" claims Southerners don't like homosexuals. He (she?) claims we have a "Southern mindset that ... we're all wrong." So, go North, young man (girl, question mark), go North!

PLEASE REMEMBER that the pads of dogs' feet get burned by hot asphalt. Yesterday, when it was 100 degrees, someone in my neighborhood was walking a puppy in the street. The poor puppy was hanging out his tongue and panting. They are so much closer to the pavement that they overheat and they have no protection on their feet. I asked her to walk him in the grass and she thought I was crazy. Have mercy on the poor animals in this heat.

Tell us what you think
Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 06/26/11 - 06:19 am
That's true about the paws of

That's true about the paws of pets on hot pavement. Actually, the same is very true about children, and adults, walking on hot pavement. More dangerous than you think.

myopinion3
myopinion3 06/26/11 - 07:22 am
REALLY?>Clinging to the old

REALLY?>Clinging to the old names is that worth your time to write to the newspaper? Dont you have more important things to do with your time other than show how rooted to the past you are. I also have problem with the new names but its MY problem not something I need to share with the world.

songs09
songs09 06/26/11 - 07:45 am
Lat time I checked this was a

Lat time I checked this was a public forum for people to praise or complain....why do YOU care if they have a problem with the name changes???? Don't YOU have more important things to do than write about how you disagree what peoe spend their time on????? Get a life.

songs09
songs09 06/26/11 - 07:46 am
People

People

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 06/26/11 - 08:23 am
LOL..........................

LOL............................

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 08:27 am
Well aren't we a cheery bunch

Well aren't we a cheery bunch this morning-----lol

This is an opinion page----post away opinion people.......:))
Pleeeeze let that vet get his home built soooooo we can go on with other NEWS!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 08:27 am
wonders never cease....hello

wonders never cease....hello & good am to you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 08:33 am
Atlanta was going to change a

Atlanta was going to change a street name & honor a famous builder....the people didn't want it/didn't like it/never were asked about....some businesses fought it till they backed off---this cost $$$ for business owners-----wake up government employees---these people pay your salary....they said there were other ways to honor the man & hey- they are right!!!

dichotomy
42018
dichotomy 06/26/11 - 09:01 am
Have you noticed that when

Have you noticed that when they get you distracted while arguing about a name change or "reorganization", that's when they slide through salary and budget increases. Just continue to call it MCG and keep your eye on the money. They only thing that improves based on a name change is management's salaries.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/26/11 - 09:02 am
Why do people think that

Why do people think that because someone is a disabled vet he gets to circumvent the rules? I am a disabled vet, I still have to follow the rules, whatever they may be.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 09:11 am
RK...You don't look disabled

RK...You don't look disabled to me....:) good am

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 09:14 am
MCG-Ckarks Hill-Civic

MCG-Ckarks Hill-Civic Center.....that is stuck in my mind anyway.......olddog yaknow........new tricks don't come easy!

WW1949
WW1949 06/26/11 - 10:09 am
People still know what you

People still know what you are talking about when you use the old names.

iLove
iLove 06/26/11 - 11:21 am
...and Cherry Tree Crossing

...and Cherry Tree Crossing is still known as Sunset lol

I have a RN friend who told me that a guy came in with blisters on his feet. He had walked to the end of his drivewy to get the mail BAREFOOT. He was hospitalized for the blisters and was bed ridden seeing as you need the bottom of your feet to stand and walk. Well, because he was bed ridden, he developed blood clots in his legs. . . .one traveled to his heart. . . .and. . . .I guess you know the rest of the story.

Who would have thought that checking the mail could be so dangerous...

Please wear shoes people in this weather.

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/26/11 - 11:23 am
Next to Last Rant: Why "go

Next to Last Rant: Why "go North," when we have you and your ilk here?

happychimer
21946
happychimer 06/26/11 - 11:42 am
the veteran denied the house

the veteran denied the house is severely disabled.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 06/26/11 - 12:43 pm
I can think of five severely

I can think of five severely to moderately disabled Veterans right off the top of my head...not one of them have even heard of this organization...and ALL of them could certainly use a fine new house for free...and they do not care about how upscale or not the neighborhood is.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 06/26/11 - 12:59 pm
Having traveled the world

Having traveled the world more than once and around our Country more than I can count..I am always amused at the sterotypical "Southern mentality" comments made by some ................perhaps the most backward and incestuous places in this Country are New York State and lets not forget PA.....lots of strange folks in those hills.Out West we have the survivors and quasi-millitary types..another very strange breed.....and out of this Country ...while I love the Brits they are a very bigoted people againest almost Everyone!..LOL And forget the French!....But the least tolerant of all are the Middle-Easterners....so pick yourself up out of your little closet and before you speak again.try to get out more....mmmkay?

happychimer
21946
happychimer 06/26/11 - 01:19 pm
A veteran from Harlem who has

A veteran from Harlem who has a house built for him was interviewed by wrdw. He was wounded in Afghanistan by a bomb that exploded under a truck he was in.He lost both legs and was in a coma for 2 months.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 06/26/11 - 02:11 pm
seenit, I prefer to WORK for

seenit, I prefer to WORK for what I have. Not try to live off the government or depend on handouts. I realize the vet in question is severely disabled, but why should that give him permission to bypass the rules. There are two houses on my street for sale, and no home owners association. They can modify one of them to fit his needs.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 06/26/11 - 02:27 pm
They were not trying to

They were not trying to bypass the rules. They did everything possible to meet the requirements. The HOA kept playing dodge ball with them and applying the rules unfairly. Those serving on the committee have no experience or expertise in the matter and operate out of their own prejudices and good ole boy system. If the development were properly managed by a professional developer this would have never happened.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 06/26/11 - 02:51 pm
WOW seenit!...I did not see

WOW seenit!...I did not see your salutations this morning...was not being rude just "old". Hello and a fine PM to you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 02:51 pm
RK I'm certainly not talking

RK I'm certainly not talking against you in any way........as far as the vet goes ....I think the man would be happier if he lived in another area....w/o any HOA involved ....we have HOA right here & with rentals.....let me tell you I want pull my hair out sometimes-----some rules are good////some stink......officers change in the HOA board & with that, desires of the neighborhood change.....some want more $$ for tennis-pool some don't---some want a certain "look" about the area....I doubt I will buy in a HOA again.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 02:57 pm
For instance.....our rentor

For instance.....our rentor in a hoa condo just had a mild disagreement at the pool area (with another owner there) the HOA board emailed me to handle this & they didn't wish to be a referee....I did handle it BUT I did remind the HOA board that we have had OWNERS screaming at each other & at times it was so heated that police had to come to the HOA meetings.....with different personalities there will be some disagreements always.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/26/11 - 02:59 pm
Hi wonders.....good to see

Hi wonders.....good to see you posting...:)

allhans
allhans 06/26/11 - 08:01 pm
I was happy to sell and leave

I was happy to sell and leave a neighborhood with an HOA. The problem is that the elected officers get power greedy and want everything done THEIR way with no disagreements. Some could afford large assessments fees so the board decided to raise them for everyone. NO more HOA for me, although they do keep property values up.
As with most rules there are the good, the bad...The Ugly

robbie1
robbie1 06/26/11 - 09:14 pm
Hey, Knob Hill!!! BUILD THE

Hey, Knob Hill!!!

BUILD THE HOUSE!!!

Yankbabe87
Yankbabe87 06/26/11 - 10:39 pm
Shame on you Knob Hill now

Shame on you Knob Hill now Augusta looks like a disgrace well more like Evans, but still who cares about property values now that you look like crap on national tv. Tour property values definitely hit the toilet nobody wants to live in a community that turns away soldiers in need and defended our country, guess what Knob Hill your neighborhood is now considered both unpatriotic and probably the worst place in the nation to live congratulations!

Yankbabe87