Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS WEEK, IN particular, Dr. Azziz is right. Augusta's anything but cool. It's downright hot!

DO YOU KNOW how sick I am of people telling me what I'm losing by not having the Internet or Facebook or Twitter or a cellphone that does everything except use Charmin for me? I also still subscribe to The Augusta Chronicle and I read books. I'm not a twit or twitterer or whatever it's called. I have a life.

THIS IS A BIG rant for Mayor Deke Copenhaver for snubbing Augusta's gay community. And this is a big rave for Joe Bowles, who will take his place and welcome visitors to The Garden City.

TO THE IDIOT who says the U.S. Open is such a easy course: Why are there only 13 under par and an additional 10 even after 36 holes (out of 150 players)? These are the greatest players in the world! Maybe you should go watch NASCAR and complain about the tracks.

A BIG RAVE TO the Southern Co. crews who worked so hard to get our power back on. Crews from Kentucky and Alabama got our power back on after 36 hours of being without. Great job. Thank you!

HEADLINE: "NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open." Such a cut was obviously on purpose. Thank goodness not so many Americans ever watch NBC these days.

MAKE ME UNDERSTAND. One rant says living in Augusta is like serving time. But on the same page it says, "Augusta makes top 100 cities to live." What gives?

THIS IS A RAVE to Georgia Power men that left their homes at night to come out Friday when we lost all of our lights and Thursday when there was no power and put up new lines and string new cable so that the people of Augusta could have power. Way to go, guys. Thank you for a job well done. You are appreciated.

FRAUD IN THE STATE jobs assistance program? Surprise! Why don't you check food stamps and welfare? They will defraud a work program for welfare people, what makes you think they won't defraud the actual welfare. Someone needs to wake up and save the taxpayers' money. Just think what could be done with the money.

IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING a reverse mortgage, get all the facts (which they won't tell you). "No more mortgage payments." True, but now we call them "finance charges." It's costing me $310 a month to live in my own house. But there's no more mortgage payments, just "finance charge" now. What a mistake!

Tell us what you think
paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 06/21/11 - 12:49 am
"THE USA HAS GOT way too many

"THE USA HAS GOT way too many senators, too many in Congress. We have too many people on the federal payroll. About half of them should be fired. Look what a savings that would be.".... It's called adequate representation. If you feel thatyour representatives aren't doing enough, contact them and tell them so.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/21/11 - 09:19 am
If we kept up with

If we kept up with FB-Twitter-Internet-TV-Papers.....would we have time for a real life??
HAH......

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/21/11 - 09:22 am
Some people like living in

Some people like living in the South---some don't-----we won't mind if the unhappy people leave for greener pastures.......seeya.

stanley
stanley 06/21/11 - 10:10 am
To the MCG student that

To the MCG student that ranted "living in Augusta is like serving time" you are in a graduate level program at one of the PREMIER learning and research facilities in the South and the purpose of your time here is to get the BEST EDUCATION you can. Then to take that knowledge and use it in your chosen field. I'd love for you to stay and learn to love Augusta, but if you choose to leave remember one thing...YOU are taking your attitude with you. I wish you luck.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/21/11 - 10:34 am
J Huntsman just entered the

J Huntsman just entered the race for President....good this will get interesting.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 06/21/11 - 10:43 am
Yes.. living in Augusta is

Yes.. living in Augusta is like serving time! That's the statement that makes the most sense. Obviously whoever put Augusta on a list of best places to live has never lived here.

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/21/11 - 11:18 am
4TH Rant: WHAT uniquely

4TH Rant: WHAT uniquely qualifies YOU to refer to someone as an "idiot?"

jabubbasmama
jabubbasmama 06/21/11 - 03:41 pm
I have a Facebook and a life

I have a Facebook and a life thank you God.

happychimer
happychimer 06/21/11 - 04:17 pm
I have internet, cellphone,

I have internet, cellphone, facebook, and a life.

fftaz71
fftaz71 06/21/11 - 04:36 pm
I have facebook..I use it to

I have facebook..I use it to keep in touch with the many friends Ive made while we were stationed in other cities as well as family. We get to see pics of our goddaughter who lives in Indianna as she grows up. We see pics of our nieces and nephews as they go though life and grow up. Otherwise we wouldnt get to see these things. Yes, I do manage to have a life...oddly enough, it was trying to keep up in nursing school that took away all chances of "having a life" for the last year. I graduated, Im proud of my grades and now life goes on...and I will continue to Facebook!! Its not for everyone, but for the people who do use it, you never really know their true reasons for using it...dont lump us all as idiots.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/21/11 - 04:43 pm
I'm worried about the

I'm worried about the individual who placed the rant about reverse mortgages. What did they expect? This person needs help.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/21/11 - 05:39 pm
Whew......I need a full time

Whew......I need a full time maid.

Cadence
Cadence 06/21/11 - 11:27 pm
It's okay if you have or do

It's okay if you have or do not have twitter, facebook, whatever. Do what suits you and don't concern yourself about what anyone else thinks.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.