Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT to Georgia Power. Why is it every time the power goes out, the people on Clanton Road are the last ones to get service when just up the street half a mile or a mile has power all up and down it?

THIS IS A RANT to many of the area's motorists. The storms that passed through knocked out several traffic lights. I guess it's not common knowledge, but a nonfunctioning traffic light becomes a four-way stop. It does not mean it's OK to drive through the intersection without even slowing down.

I SEE THAT MEXICO and 10 other countries have joined in the legal fight against Georgia's new immigration law. What these countries should be doing is supporting the laws of this country and spending their time in stemming the flow of immigrants to this country.

RANTS TO THOSE college heads for the large raises. They don't deserve or need the money. The system is in the red and they continue to make more and more money. Where is their sense of pride and consideration for others?

THE SAVANNAH RIVER Site says it needs $9.7 billion -- that's BILLION -- to "construct a facility" to get rid of spent fuel. Out of so much, how many mere millions will be pocketed by politicians and politicians' pals before even one tiny little MOX is facilitated? How do you facilitate a MOX?

I ATTENDED THE Augusta Technical College graduation on Wednesday evening and was in my seat on time. Many individuals who did not plan well came in very late and proceeded to sit in an unauthorized area. When the security guard and the sheriff's officer made them relocate, they all decided to stand in the aisle behind us, talking loudly and using cell phones so that we could not hear the commence speaker. And then they had the audacity to tell me to turn around when I asked them to please be quiet. Whatever happened to arriving on time, obeying do not enter signs, enforcing the rules and then allowing others to enjoy the event?

I AGREE WITH Dr. Azziz's analysis of Augusta. It is time Augusta moved forward in many areas to create a safe thriving environment along our riverfront. Many shops, restraurants, entertainment and art activities would stimulate the growth of not only GHSU, but also Augusta State University. Some people in the CSRA are "stuck in concrete" and don't want to see the proper changes take place that will benefit the Garden City. ... Citizens should welcome new growth and different ideas instead of the "plantation mentality" that thrives in Richmond County!

THIS IS A RAVE to the nice person that flashed their lights at me to let me know that there was a patrol car running radar up ahead. I made sure after I passed the patrol car that I flashed my lights for the next couple of miles at oncoming traffic.

paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 06/20/11 - 02:11 am
Plantation mentality? So I

Plantation mentality? So I guess all of us are a bunch of slave owners in your eyes. Look, I'm not saying that Augusta doesn't need change, it doesn't NEED the type of change that you WANT. It needs a political change and some areas need an attitude adjustment. We are not Atlanta, nor do we want to be. If I wanted to be in a city that big, I'd move back there.

copperhead
copperhead 06/20/11 - 07:22 am
mexico and 10 latin american

mexico and 10 latin american countries are correct! The U.S. needs to open our borders so all their criminals can become U.S. citizens. Citizens of all other countries have the god-given right to break any and all U.S. laws.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/20/11 - 09:12 am
Mexico & other countries

Mexico & other countries telling us what our laws should be......it just gets insane everyday.....& JMcCain is saying today that the wildfires in Arizona were caused by illegals........set to signal others-keep warm & divert the law.....my-my---& some want sharia law in this country------did we fight for our freedoms & now we are handing them over on a silver platter???
I can just see our founders flipping over in their graves........will my children have the country I had...........isn't it time we brought resources home & help dig ourselves out of this hole?

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/20/11 - 10:22 am
Rant # 2...Remember, you're

Rant # 2...Remember, you're in the South! Witness the "logic," of the last Rave today.

Last Rave: Where ya been? That method has been ued for 50 years, at least!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/20/11 - 11:28 am
You know what daphne.....many

You know what daphne.....many love it here in the South....

mad mom
mad mom 06/20/11 - 02:45 pm
We could have open borders

We could have open borders and take all comers. In return we can empty our prisons and give them to the neighbors. Instead of Ellis Island being the 'front door' to America, we can make it Rikers Island.
Since when does Mexico make laws in the United States of America?

redshirt
redshirt 06/20/11 - 03:44 pm
This is a rant in relation to

This is a rant in relation to the upcomming "gay" pride parade.
What a disgrace that we,the so-called Christians in the CSRA, are allowing this abomination to take place in the streets of Augusta.
Where are the church leaders and where is the outcry from their followers? We will all pay for allowing this to happen. May God have mercy!

mackit69
mackit69 06/20/11 - 06:02 pm
I can't believe that someone

I can't believe that someone would openly post that they broke the law by flashing their lights to warn other speeders that the police are trying to enforce the law. Wouldn't it be easier to just change your ways and become a law abiding citizen?

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 06/20/11 - 06:46 pm
A comment on the news: For

A comment on the news: For the second time in days, NATO airstrikes have hit civilian buildings without demonstrable military significance. Men women and children are dead. The European response: Muted, oddly so, without the massive rent-a-crowd demonstrations which "spontaneously" happened whenever US strikes hit what where claimed to be civilians.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 06/20/11 - 06:57 pm
"What a disgrace that we ...

"What a disgrace that we ... in the CSRA, are allowing this abomination (gay pride parade) to take place in the streets of Augusta."

How does it feel to be an American who seems to totally agree with the Taliban? What would you do? If you are other than all mouth, you should follow your Bible and go out there and stone the evildoers! Or, you could be a tolerant American and simply stay away; quietly at home, pray for them.

kmmfa
kmmfa 06/20/11 - 08:05 pm
We have open borders in

We have open borders in Georgia, so if you are unhappy here, let your clutch out!