Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

It is Flag Day , and in my neighborhood, only about one out of 25 houses has an American flag displayed. I will bet it would be the same in any neighborhood. As far as that goes, not too many businesses display the flag, either. Probably will be the same this Fourth of July. "Proud to be an American?"

I WISH THERE was some way they could dock the Augusta Commission's pay for a month for their talking about whether they're going to meet in the municipal building or the courthouse. The municipal building's been a courthouse all these years. I don't understand it. I mean, they spent a whole month.

THE HEADLINE SAYS, Neumar has died, family says. Why is that interesting news? I mean, get a life. Why don't you report something interesting?

THIS IS A RANT to all the drivers who think the ramps have the right of way on the interstate highway. The ramps do not have the right of way. The driver who's already on the road has the right of way.

RANT TO COBRIDGE Communications for refusing to carry the MLB package on Fort Gordon. Being able to watch our hometown teams is a big morale issue.

TO THE RANTER who posted about EMTs leaving dirty medical gloves; I hope you know that EMTs do not take their gloves off while treating a patient. If there is a wreck, you are more than likely going to have first responders who include the fire department, etc. Don't make assumptions that you have no clue about. Worry more about the EMTs and first responders saving a life and not so much about gloves on the side of the road.

ABOUT THIS DOWNTOWN ballpark proposal: Maybe the commission could state up front that no tax money will be used to pay for it. So, if the team owners want to proceed with their own money, then that's fine and dandy. So, Fred Russell can (talk) with them but make it clear that using any tax money is a nonstarter.

PRESIDENT OBAMA recently stated the we got back all the loaned money, including interest, from Chrysler. Well, that's not really true; in fact, when all the numbers are accounted for it means that we will get back about 90 percent of what was loaned. Just like a car loan, we need to read the fine print when Obama speaks.

WHY ARE Evans and Martinez more important to the people than the people in rural Columbia County. Can't even get their roads done, but Evans and Martinez can get riding paths, motorcycle paths. We pay taxes, too. Come on, commissioners. Please take a look at rural Columbia County. Maybe some bylaws need to be changed here.

THIS IS A RANT to the folks who work out there at DFCS: I stood inside DFCS today and called you just to see if you would answer the phone. You said please hold and when you put me on hold, you was eating a sandwich. You know what? Just because I need assistance doesn't mean you can do us people that are getting help from the welfare office any kind of way. We're people, too. How dare you? Oh, and I took your picture, too. Have a good day.

Tell us what you think
tmyboy6988
tmyboy6988 06/15/11 - 06:05 am
To the person ranting about

To the person ranting about DFCS. Its good to know that you seem to be able to afford a cell phone to call dfcs and take a picture. So i guess you don't need their assistance that bad. How about you stop being so impatience and let someone take their lunch break. Seems that you can go to lunch whenever you want. She may not. If you spent more time trying to better yourself than complaining about the people that you are trying to get help from, you may not need assistance.

copperhead
copperhead 06/15/11 - 06:38 am
I STILL want to see ALL of

I STILL want to see ALL of hussein's e-mail! If Palin's e-mail is so important, hussein's are vital to the public.

usafvet
usafvet 06/15/11 - 07:24 am
And of course, the person

And of course, the person inside DFCS ison the government payroll also. And when they want a raise, they simply produce another illegitimate child, then they have so many chilluns that they can't work, so they shaft the taxpayer again by having the granny take care of them, and the woes of the taxpayers forever increase. My answer to it all, and age old expression, "ROOT HOG OR DIE".

Beck Tears
Beck Tears 06/15/11 - 07:33 am
Let me get this straight.

Let me get this straight. This ranter is seeking assistance -read: Money that is not hers- and is upset someone is eating their lunch? They are so upset, they can call on their cell phone- which I'm going to assume is a smart phone, and take a quality picture of the person eating their lunch? For what purpose? To embarrass an individual who decided to take a moment to eat their lunch?

What makes this worse is that writer has the audacity to say vehicles trying to get onto a highway from a ramp must yield, because the writer cannot be bothered to change a lane to make room for a vehicle to safely enter a highway at proper speeds. I guess when you're too busy taking pictures of people because they are trying to have lunch, you can also refuse to be courteous to others while driving.

It's laughable that the writer says no taxes should be used on ball park, and that Obama lied about the money loaned out not being paid back 100%. I wonder how much of that cash you wanted handed to you immediately will you pay back.

How can a person look down on so many people, when they are clearly in a position of needing help from the community that is allowing her to draw welfare? How about eating some humble pie. End of my rant.

allhans
allhans 06/15/11 - 08:12 am
Regarding Palin's email, the

Regarding Palin's email, the Democrats are only trying to have a little fun. It is a great shame that Palin didn't know ahead of time and feed them something juicy...
And "THEY" thought the birther issue was slanderous... :)

tcsnider
tcsnider 06/15/11 - 09:12 am
Perhaps the DFACs ranter was

Perhaps the DFACs ranter was actually using one of those free phones the govt. provides certain people. I got a flyer in the mail advertising free phones with free minutes for people that qualified for other assistance. There seems to be no end to what we provide....

daphne3520
daphne3520 06/15/11 - 11:51 am
Rant #4: AMEN!!!!! Last

Rant #4: AMEN!!!!!

Last Rany: Ditto!

happychimer
happychimer 06/15/11 - 12:17 pm
Government offices hardly

Government offices hardly ever answer phones. As for drivers on the roads have right of way. Anytime you see a car, you better think,"He's gonna try to get me". Even when a light is green, it is best to watch for drivers running red lights.

Cadence
Cadence 06/15/11 - 01:49 pm
I always move over to let

I always move over to let someone enter the highway, but occasionally there is simply no way to do so. In that case, I appreciate it if the vehicle entering the highway does not try to kill me. They just have to use their merging skills.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/15/11 - 03:17 pm
LOLOLOL I LOVE that last rant

LOLOLOL I LOVE that last rant in the paper! Maybe the DFCS worker really was on his/her break/lunch hour, but still, I can just see the whole thing in my mind's eye. I bet the caller was steaming while looking right at the munching, clueless, employee.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/15/11 - 03:19 pm
Do those government provided

Do those government provided cell phones take pictures, too?

sassylassie
sassylassie 06/16/11 - 01:02 am
Individuals who submit rants

Individuals who submit rants like the last one above are the reason this country is in the shape it's in now. You have a cell phone and are taking pictures of someone working at the DFACS office who you think is supposed to be waiting on you hand and foot and making sure you get that welfare money? PLEASE get a life. Your rant is inexcuseable and unbelievable. What else do you demand people do for you? Oh, I guess you "was" just mad because you actually had to wait your turn. And you probably don't even READ a newspaper!