Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Thank you to the person(s) who paid for our dinner last night at the Boll Weevil. As RCBOE employees, it was a great surprise when we were told that our bill was paid.

A big rave to the VA Medical Center for first-class care for America's veterans; your efforts are very much appreciated by this Navy veteran.

This is a Rave for Jim Herring and his property in Sand Hills. As a property owner, it has to be frustrating to be broken into and deal with apathetic, and often absent, homeowners. It has plagued my community for years. One person trying to create change can't do it alone. Partnership is key, in addition to becoming involved in the neighborhood.

It's certainly sad to see incorrect English grammar in print. And that includes, "Too bad he or she did not listen ... and improve their English grammar."

Raves and more raves for Andrew Buckner. Cross Creek High School. I wish you well and I know you will go far. Never missed a day of school from kindergarten through high school. Want to be a lawyer, you have the dedication for it takes to be the best. For the last four years at CCHS, I have watched you grow into a mature and responsible young man. I am very proud to know you.

RAVES to Georgia Power! They showed up ASAP after a squirrel caused a transformer outage. Mr. Harper fixed it, told me why it went out, and proved an extreme gentleman.

Let me get this straight. Obama and his henchmen do not want anyone waterboarded to get information because it's cruel and might incite violence from the radical Muslims. However, it's OK to kill four or five civilians, shoot a woman in the leg and throw a body into the sea? I guess that won't incite violence and is not cruel?

This is A RAVE for the men and women of the U.S. Armed forces. I did a little math the other day, and it appears that the combined number of U.S. military killed in Iraq and Afghanistan is currently at 6,943. I, for one, am very appreciative for the sacrifices made by our military. Freedom is not free!

This rave is for the cicadas: Would much rather listen to their "hum " than hear the horrible, grating sounds of humanity - you know, sounds like the insipid boom boom boom of car stereos, the grating squeal of crotch-rockets going down the road at 90 mph, idiots yapping on cellphones day and night nonstop, the wail of sirens constantly going up and down Columbia/Belair roads, the sounds of industrial-size leaf blowers being used by people too lazy to sweep or rake. ... Noise from Mother Nature is most welcome here.

Tell us what you think
american rose
american rose 05/11/11 - 05:59 am
"Let me get it straight".

"Let me get it straight". Are you for real?

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 05/11/11 - 06:40 am
CharlesB, what about the

CharlesB, what about the Dixie Chicks when they spoke out about G. W. Bush, I beleive they were blacklisted, or how about Kanye West when we proclaimed Bush hated black people? Should we blacklist only the people who speak out against the presidents you like and dont like, since YOU are the majority? Is Common a poetic thug, or a ruthless political thug, just maybe a common thug? (LOL) I love how people use certain words to associate with certain people. If you seem to be black pro-Obama, you are classfied as a liberial thug or an entitlement backer. CharlesB, please, go back to Faux News and enjoy living in your bubble where you are the king!

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/11/11 - 07:36 am
The grammar police are alive

The grammar police are alive & well........
A rave for georgia power guys......yeh ...they go the extra mile..:)
Neighbors watching out for neighbors will catch the breakins......try it...
Another beautiful day.......warm but nice.....good am CSRA.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 05/11/11 - 08:07 am
LOL....my rant is for the

LOL....my rant is for the poor slob who is left looking like a raving lunatic
when the AC removes a post....LOL not!
And a wild and wonderful Wed. to all!

justthefacts
justthefacts 05/11/11 - 08:58 am
Saneone, I suppose you would

Saneone, I suppose you would perfectly alright if someone removed Bush's name and replaced it with Obama. "Burn a Bush cos' for peace he no push no button." Anyone who advocates the murder of a president should not be celebrated at the White House. IMO, of course.

dani
dani 05/11/11 - 12:51 pm
"let me get it straight" make

"let me get it straight" make sense even if you don't agree with that point of view.
Either we are better than that (as Obama said when asked about releasing the photos), or we are not. So which is it.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/11/11 - 05:16 pm
Love the last rant/rave in

Love the last rant/rave in the paper.

carcraft
carcraft 05/11/11 - 05:24 pm
Anybody who promotes killing

Anybody who promotes killing police officers should not be at the White House!

nevertoolate
nevertoolate 05/11/11 - 08:04 pm
Kat, I know exactly how you

Kat, I know exactly how you feel, and I have a hard copy subscription. "Nazi Germany" is a great way to put it...but on second our country's current system of taxation may be more in line...squeeze the ones who already pay....
\

nevertoolate
nevertoolate 05/11/11 - 08:08 pm
Yeah, you got it straight.

Yeah, you got it straight. I'm so happy he finally made an executive decision in the interest of the United States of America and her citizens...and this opinion is coming from an Army widow-so go figure.

Coroner granted funds to offset transportation costs

The Richmond County Coroner's Office will get some relief now that it can access funds collected through a partnership with Georgia Regents Medical Center.