Rants & raves

Comments from readers:

For the most part, most of the (Augusta Public Transit) drivers are great. The one or two who seem reluctant to tell me where a bus stop is or tell me the wrong times for the buses instead of admitting if they don't know are the ones that irritate me. Also, if APT could make sure to post in larger writing about any change in schedule instead of in very small letters in front of the driver only at the front of the bus -- where some drivers seem irritated to then read the note out to us riders -- then that would be another big help.

OBAMA PRETENDS to support Israel, then makes a Passover speech that pretends Muslim maniacs are victims as were the Jews as slaves under the Pharoahs. Obama pretends Passover is about the standard Marxist excuses for trouble-making: "suffering, poverty, injustice and hunger." Passover is about God and his grace, period! Why would Obama neglect to mention the main thing, unless Obama has no belief in the main thing?

DONALD TRUMP BRAGS that he has "received many environmental awards." Since the environmental movement is just a cover for communism, to have received even one such reward tells us all we need to know about Trump and his egotistic, big government plans.

I THINK TO KEEP most all politicians honest, we must do away with any lifetime assignment of benefits and scale any benefits to the time truly served. And we should limit terms as well, like the two for the president.

A BIG RAVE TO the homeowner defending his car from the thief. A rant to the ignorant people who claim you cannot defend anything outside the home or that thieves cannot hurt you outside the home. You can never tell who might have what in hand to hurt you or threaten you with anytime, anywhere. And yes, a car is someone's property and, therefore, defensible. I have chased thieves from businesses to stop them at their vehicles. Because I'm a real big woman who can have fire in my eyes when I'm mad (or so I'm told), I have been able to stop two thieves that way to make them stay until the police came to officially arrest them.

IT WOULD BE INTERESTING to know how many more teenage pregnancies there are in our area with all these kids watching shows like Teen Mom , Pregnant at 16 and Jersey Shore , etc. Sure seems like a lot more of them are walking around our high schools. I say these shows need to be taken off the air!

I WOULD LIKE TO make a rant about the Augusta ministers doing their protest against the local government. I think they should stay out of politics and let our local government leaders lead it. It's not scripture.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 04/27/11 - 04:15 am
To the person ranting about

To the person ranting about the teen pregnancies and their association with shows like "Pregnant at 16"....you really don't know what you're talking about. Have you even seen those shows?? Now, Jersey Shore is ridiculous and has nothing to do with responsible behavior. I have watched "Pregnant at 16" and "Teen Mom" with my daughter, we note the problems that each of these girls have because of their poor decisions, and discuss the futures for them, their children, and their future relationships. I've NEVER seen one of these girls on these shows who thinks they did the wise or FUN thing by having a baby so early. Don't blame the pregnant girls walking around the schools on a couple of TV shows. Last time I looked, a TV can't get you pregnant!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/27/11 - 04:47 am
Trump is just getting free tv

Trump is just getting free tv time...imo
We have a lot of crap on tv.....as long as folks watch it, it will stay..
Yeh, ministers should preach more & politic less..
Lifetime bennies to congress....yeh something is wrong with that.....we need to change the way congress works.

Techfan
Techfan 04/27/11 - 07:34 am
" the environmental movement

" the environmental movement is just a cover for communism'??? Maybe the ranter can be the next subject for George Eskola's "Out there somewhere".

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 04/27/11 - 08:24 am
To the RANT about Augusta

To the RANT about Augusta Public Transit: IMO, if you pay full-fare you have a valid complaint. However, since you ride on MY and other A-RC taxpayers 'dime' you should be grateful for what you are getting.

Could someone to tell me how many passengers the Augusta Public Transit System carries every year to justify $5 million a year from us other RC taxpayers who don't even live on a bus route?

It's like solid waste pick-up and water/sewer service where RC residents subsidise the residents of the old City of Augusta.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 04/27/11 - 09:23 am
Surprise news story this

Surprise news story this morning! Obama news. Read it. All the whiners can shut their big mouths now.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/27/11 - 09:23 am
More bad news for the

More bad news for the President: "Telemprompter Inventor "Hub" Schlafly Dies".

happychimer
19347
happychimer 04/27/11 - 09:58 am
Can you memorize a long

Can you memorize a long speech? Y'all" take the cake"!

happychimer
19347
happychimer 04/27/11 - 10:52 am
I am an Obama supporter. We

I am an Obama supporter. We should bring our troops home. Let those people fight their own wars. My opinion on that has not changed.Because of gas prices I have not been driving as much. I shop closer to home. I don't make unnecessary trips. So what. As for financially, we have never been better.I am happy with what I have.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/27/11 - 08:34 pm
I really wish the the library

I really wish the the library staff would pro-actively address people that are talking for an hour in the library. Today a man was talking about his personal life for about an hour to a man using a computer, using inappropriate language for the people in the surrounding area (small children, teens and women, especially). People are studying and reading, (or trying to) they don't want to hear about you while they are trying to concentrate. Please pick up the library patron rules flyer at the desk if you don't know the rules and READ it. Or is actually reading in the library a perishable thought?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/27/11 - 08:39 pm
happychimer, the "whiners" as

happychimer, the "whiners" as you called them were right. The first "birth certificate" that was provided was NOT the original, at least this one looks like the real deal, hope it proves to be because I don't think that is the main thing they are worried about anyway. It was one part of the problem. I think Article I in the Constitution is what they're really worried about. Hope it all gets sorted out properly and that there are no more negative complications. I guess that is a lot to hope for though in this political climate.

Disc golf tournament benefits Augusta charity

APPLING — When Paul Childs runs a disc golf tournament, he wants it to mean something for the rest of the community. Childs he found a cause worth supporting: the Ronald McDonald House Charities.