Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Motorcycles do not have to be loud. Put tasteful quieting mufflers on your motorcycle. Peace and quiet is better. You will have far more admirers.

Raves to the young man who returned my wallet that I left at Food Lion on Highway 56 on April 11. Many thanks.

Coach Richt, it's the University of Georgia. Remind the players. Play football and quit worrying about your hair. Get it cut. If you want to be a rapper or whatever, give up your scholarship, but cut your hair. And maybe they would win if they would worry about playing as much as they do their hair.

I was reading the Opinion page of The Augusta Chronicle this weekend. The opinion by Bill Maxwell, who states, "I am not a conservative." I never read his stuff because after the first paragraph you realize he is not a conservative. But I'm glad he went into just what he is. And I concur. Bill Maxwell, you are not a conservative. You are the reason why America is going to hell in a hand basket.

Krispy Kreme doesn't need Phil Mickelson to advertise. All they need is the "hot" sign. And if you turn that hot sign on, Krispy Kreme, you don't need Phil to endorse it.

This rant is for all the property owners who have turned their holdings into Section 8 housing: Every one of you should be forced to live next to the house you turned into Section 8 for at least five years.

Sen. Lindsey Graham wants Washington to "invest in infrastructure." When government says "invest," it means take our money - or our credit - and blow it on the big companies or government's pals. When it says "infrastructure," that can mean anything, as long as it's absurd and overpriced.

When I was younger, I wanted to look like the Incredible Hulk. Sadly, in my later years, I've become the Incredible Bulk.

An article listing "losers" in the 2011 Georgia legislative session includes "college students" because some students will get less financial aid from the state. Those students will actually win rather than lose, because they will be forced to learn not to depend on government, a major lesson in the real world.

I am absolutely floored at the racist diatribe coming out of our black ministers. They need to get over the 1950s like the rest of us. We're moving on - with or without them.

President Obama, when asked by somone about the high price of gas, said "If you're complaining about the price of gas and you're only getting 8 mpg - you may have a big family, but it's probably not that big. How many you have? Ten kids, you say? Ten kids? Well, you definitely need a hybrid van." There are no hybrid (vans)! Folks question Obama's mental acumen over Sarah Palin's?

Tell us what you think
Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 04/21/11 - 12:04 am
The local black minsters who

The local black minsters who are currently stiring the racial pot ARE a large part of the problem. Additionally, since they wish to preach politics from the pulpit as well as be very much involved in politics in the official capacity, ALL tax breaks they receive should end immediately.

copperhead
copperhead 04/21/11 - 04:09 am
Tell obama he should be

Tell obama he should be driving his hoovercraft and using his rocket pack for the short trips! Or better yet,use the transporter-beam him up Scotty!

fftaz71
fftaz71 04/21/11 - 04:50 am
The reason the college

The reason the college students will lose is because the costs of education are soaring...again. I go to Augusta Tech, and tuition went up this year already. HOPE is cutting back what is covered, as is their right to do so. Depending on the class, books can be almost as much as the tuition for the quarter. All told, my tuition, books, uniforms and related supplies add up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10K for a 2 yr program. I work part time, but Im a full time student. My income last year did not cover 1/2 the cost of this program. My school schedule kind of precludes me from working during the week because of my job's hours of operation and my workload.

fftaz71
fftaz71 04/21/11 - 04:53 am
Some people make their

Some people make their motorcycles loud so when you dont see them b/c you dont look carefully you might hear them. Maybe if drivers (ALL not just 4 wheelers) were more considerate, this wouldnt be something some bikers feel the need to do for their safety.
However...one thing I do think adds to their visibility is something the Army says they have to do on base...wear something reflective like a vest/ PT belt. It really does make them stand out in traffic.

bclicious
bclicious 04/21/11 - 05:09 am
College is not for everyone,

College is not for everyone, but there is an avenue for each and every person who wishes to go college. Worst case scenario, you end up with a bunch federal student aid loans. No big deal.

Cadence
Cadence 04/21/11 - 10:49 am
My student loans,

My student loans, unfortunately, are a big deal. But nothing pays for grad school; all the freebies go to undergrads.

bigclaude
bigclaude 04/21/11 - 02:59 pm
Is this the "Rants and Raves"

Is this the "Rants and Raves" section or the dumb joke section?? Why the AC published that stupid and worn out "incredible bulk" joke is beyond me!!

rubyjean
rubyjean 04/21/11 - 04:15 pm
Well I guess we could all use

Well I guess we could all use a dumb joke from time to time.

my contribution.

What the Easter bunny taught me...*Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket *You need a friend who is all ears *All work & no play makes you a basket case. *A cute tail attracts a lot of attention. *You are entitled to a bad hare day. *Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits. *Some body parts should be floppy. *Keep your paws off of other's jelly beans *The grass is always greener in someone else's basket. (Thanks to my facebook friends)

CharlesB
CharlesB 04/21/11 - 09:47 pm
Gee...Looky Sean. These

Gee...Looky Sean. These comments in the rants and raves sure are hard to keep a lid on aren't they? Used t be upwards of 500 a day. Now, let's see if I can count em...9, maybe 10?? Come on. Let's cut bacl on the reins some. I agree we should verify the age of people that post, but if everyone is an adult, let's have a little witty repertoire without being banned. Make this section free. We could have a ton of fun. FUN. Or is that a bannable term too?

CharlesB
CharlesB 04/21/11 - 10:18 pm
A motorcycle is a personal

A motorcycle is a personal choice. I chose a truck. Mine is loud. I chose it like that and I paid for it to be that way. My truck is paid for. It is not too loud however. I enjoy hearing a rumbling motocycle and I would be nervous to hear a quiet one. Roll on you Motorheads ROLL ON!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.