Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Since when is it all right for preachers on television to be selling antibiotic drinks and pills of all kinds? Some of them are selling two or three different kinds of pills. And in between the pill selling, they're worshipping God. That don't seem to be right.

I think it would be great to have Donald Trump as president. He's a good businessman. Right now we're getting the business.

A big rave for all police officers if they get to drive a police car to and from work. That is good. If it takes 30 minutes to get to work and 30 minutes to get back home, that is one hour of free patrolling. If an emergency came in while they were going to and from work, they would take it. Seventy percent of policing is just being seen on the road and observed by the public. It prevents a lot of people from speeding and from doing crimes they would've went ahead and done. Take it from an old MP and a retired deputy of 32 years.

Too many young people are dying in the Augusta area. I have friends from out of town that are amazed at the amount of youthful deaths in this community. There is a serious problem of prescription drug abuse across the country and especially in Augusta. This is a plea to physicians in the area to be conservative in the writing of prescription pain medications. There is a problem when young people can go "doctor shopping" to get the drugs that they want.

The other week, I read in the paper about the arrests of gang members and the large assortment of guns that were taken off the street, and I was so thrilled. Our sheriff's office is doing a remarkable job, however, on the back page where the article continued, there was a HUGE advertisement for a gun show being held in the area. Just wondering what kind of message this was sending out.

Lately, flying in and out of Augusta has become quite frequent. I find the building, airport personnel, TSA personnel and agents for all airlines very helpful. I like the ease of traveling in and out of Augusta very much. Now the rant: The building is nice, the parking is difficult but adequate and the bathrooms are AWFUL - unclean, dirty floors, trash not emptied and in need of fresh painting. I wonder if this will be taken care of by the first day of the Masters?

Earlier today while I was out getting lunch , the guy in front of me yelled and screamed at the cashier and even cussed her out, all because the place she works at charges 15 cents for extra sauce and he didn't want to pay it. People FYI: The cashier taking your order has NOTHING to do with the prices set by the company they are working for!

The Richmond Count y School System employees are making up our two snow days: which we should. But we cannot make up any time unless we are supervised. What I want to know is who is going to supervise the supervisors? The lack of trust and professional courtesy extended to RCSS employees is the major factor in the low employee morale in the system.

Tell us what you think
paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 03/31/11 - 09:38 pm
Donal Trump for President?

Donal Trump for President? You're serious? He does the worst kind of business. Just because he has a show about being a businessman does not make him one. We might as well vote for the kids from Jersey Shore to be president. Thank you for crushing a little more of my faith in humanity.

CharlesB
CharlesB 03/31/11 - 10:34 pm
Donald Trump makes more sense

Donald Trump makes more sense than some might think. He would tax China, take the oil from Iraq, make demands from OPEC as their only export IS oil, and not blink when making deals with foreign countries. Maybe not as President, but the man knows how to conduct business. He deserves at LEAST a look. HE does have a birth certificate after all....

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/31/11 - 11:38 pm
Did Trump actually have a

Did Trump actually have a birth certificate? The paperwork Trump showed was not a legal birth certificate, either. Not to say he doesn't have one, I hope he does, but on the interview I saw, that wasn't it. That has to be embarrassing. Of course, no one seems to have seen President Obama's legal birth certificate and he's had a lot more time to come up with one.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/31/11 - 11:40 pm
The article about the SRS

The article about the SRS concrete pump seems to have closed comments, so I'll say it here: I was praying that they would cover the nuclear sites that are damaged in Japan with concrete. Chernobyl had to do that. I am very thankful if SRS is successfully able to help them with that pump. That would be the miracle I was praying for if they make it over there and accomplish the mission. God bless them.

CharlesB
CharlesB 04/01/11 - 12:15 am
Yes Autumn, he does. He

Yes Autumn, he does. He produced it easily. What you may be referring to was his hospital record of birth which is still more than Obama has produced. But be it as it may, I can't imagine a president NOT having produced a BC at some point, can you? That seems more embarassing for the people responsible for checking records of those things. But still, this has come under fire so many times someone on his staff should just put it up for goodness sakes and hush people up. Something may be up with it.

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/11 - 02:15 am
No i.d. to vote no i.d. to be

No i.d. to vote no i.d. to be elected president-what a wonderful world we live in. anybody should be able to vote no matter their nationatity and the same goes for being president. anybody that wants PROOF of citizenship is a racist and a hater pure and simple.

bettyboop
bettyboop 04/01/11 - 04:16 am
Five years ago I would have

Five years ago I would have said it was impossible for a community organizer with socialist inclinations and a somewhat dubious background to be elected to the highest office in the land....but after watching the liberal media promote barry to sainthood long before the election..I now believe that it's possible that a huge wool blanket has been pulled over the eyes of the American People.........we have been duped.

bettyboop
bettyboop 04/01/11 - 04:18 am
And now since with a few

And now since with a few exceptions.....I have read yesterdays news again today....No need to pay for this.

bettyboop
bettyboop 04/01/11 - 04:42 am
C&P>>"You will love this one,

C&P>>"You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet.

For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately!

Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining for Arizona border guards. 'Times are hard', said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families!' " ( :

ok its a joke....but sadly completly believable.

dani
dani 04/01/11 - 08:01 am
Trump said that he went to

Trump said that he went to the Bd of Health, got his birth certificate and presented it the next day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/01/11 - 08:10 am
dani, do you know what I

dani, do you know what I think, the Kings birth certificate will appear and become public a few months befor the 2012 election. Just a gut feeling.

Jane18
Jane18 04/01/11 - 08:16 am
Re:rant#1.......Your

Re:rant#1.......Your statement is correct! It is not right. These are beggars, false teachers, hypocrits, and very much anti-CHRIST people.

Jane18
Jane18 04/01/11 - 08:20 am
Right now we need a real

Right now we need a real businessman to be president. After all Washington,D.C. is the largest employer in America, and they really think they are conducting business, just look how they spend our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/01/11 - 08:25 am
Rant 5 - Horaaa for the

Rant 5 - Horaaa for the removal of the guns from the gangs but what in heck is wrong with an advertisement of a gun show that us law biding citzens who have the 2nd right to enjoy these shows?

Jane18
Jane18 04/01/11 - 08:29 am
Where is usapatriot? Did one

Where is usapatriot? Did one or some of you complain about him because you can't get over on him? Tell me Sean, did you let some crybaby(ies) cause you to take him off this 'freedom of speech' AC offers? He does not spread hate, that comes from the ones who read and do not want to believe what he says. He, like myself, does not hate anyone, he hates what people say and do(their lies).

XXYY
XXYY 04/01/11 - 09:06 am
Why is the comment section

Why is the comment section closed on article about the gypsy boys going to jail?

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/01/11 - 11:16 am
Rave #3: Please read this

Rave #3: Please read this paragraph from an article in today's Beaufort (SC) Gazette.....So MUCH for your ridiculous Rave!

"Driessen also had a handgun in his backpack that deputies later determined had been stolen recently from a deputy's unmarked patrol SUV, said Sheriff P.J. Tanner. The SUV, which was locked, had been parked in the driveway of the deputy's home in Woodbridge, Tanner said. A Glock handgun, ammunition and a handcuff holster were stolen, according to the incident report."

Read more: http://www.islandpacket.com/2011/03/31/1603764/teens-arrested-with-backp...

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 04/01/11 - 12:09 pm
Criminals don't go to gun

Criminals don't go to gun shows for the most part, frankly, they don't need to. Furthermore, gun shows still require background checks, etc.

As for the police in their cars when off duty, it is the best service any taxpayer could receive and greatly benefits our county as well as many others.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/01/11 - 02:03 pm
Yes, CharlesB, I didn't see

Yes, CharlesB, I didn't see Trump interviewed past the point where he produced the hospital "pretty" birth certificate they customarily hand out. Did he produce the actual (legal) birth certificate later? I can't help but wonder if there is some conflict between the birth information Obama has claimed to be eligible for the Presidency and that which he used for his college eligibility and/or college funds. I can't see any other reason there would be balking about producing such a usually easily obtained document Two of my family members were born out of the country and they've been able to obtain theirs. They couldn't work here again until they could prove citizenship. Should more be required of them than our President? How can anything he does as President be legal if HE is not?

Cadence
Cadence 04/01/11 - 02:43 pm
Just a note for the young

Just a note for the young folks, Donald Trump was around for decades before the tv show (which I don't watch). He has been an incredibly successful businessman, has been bankrupt, and worked his way back to success. He has 2 hard working children and a couple of babies. He was born in Queens, NY. All of his mistakes (i.e. adultery) are right out there to see and I doubt there is much about him be don't know. He is solid and would make no curtsies or apologies to the countries that hate us. Don't really know if I would vote for him but I would definitely trust our country in his strong, capable hands.

CharlesB
CharlesB 04/01/11 - 02:44 pm
I can do nothing but agree

I can do nothing but agree Autumn. I'd make one of those dadgum smiley faces if I could. Nah, I wouldn't. Me big strong man. Haha. I don't know any good reason except for what I think xxyy said said about producing it before the 2012 re-election.

And yeah...why has the comments section closed on the irish travelers? Matter of fact, I can't find the story? What say you, Augusta Chronicle??

CharlesB
CharlesB 04/01/11 - 02:45 pm
Sorry, Cobalt George said

Sorry, Cobalt George said that about the Re-election.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/01/11 - 03:21 pm
CharlesB. I'm not a Yankee,

CharlesB. I'm not a Yankee, but there "be" snipes...LOL

dani
dani 04/01/11 - 04:53 pm
"Mar 31, 2011 ... Look, he

"Mar 31, 2011 ... Look, he cannot give a birth certificate. You can, I can, I got one yesterday, it took me a day, 24 hours, I got one," Donald Trump told ..."

dani
dani 04/01/11 - 04:58 pm
Trump is scheduled to appear

Trump is scheduled to appear on Oprah Monday. I wonder if she will let him talk about the b.c.

CharlesB
CharlesB 04/01/11 - 04:59 pm
Hahahaha Autumn..a reader I

Hahahaha Autumn..a reader I see...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/01/11 - 05:08 pm
dani - can you for one minute

dani - can you for one minute picture what will happen here in America if it is discovered that our King SMCICBHO is an illegal president. The Egypt riot will look like a hockey fight.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/01/11 - 08:47 pm
Ahhhhh! Calm waters! What's

Ahhhhh! Calm waters! What's on the table, CG?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/01/11 - 08:54 pm
Cadence, Trump is a

Cadence, Trump is a businessman! He has wealth of experiences, but world politcs is something he would have to learn. He has no Military experience, period. He's just like Obama in that respect. I don't think I would vote for him to be president, but I would highly consider him to be a replacement for the current Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/01/11 - 08:57 pm
TNTHOMPSON, send me your

TNTHOMPSON, send me your email address and I'll send you a photograph of Obama's real birth certificate!