Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WISCONSIN NOT ONLY needs a man with guts. They need a man with brains, also.

I'M CALLING IN concerning the former federal judge in Atlanta, Jack T. Kemp, who pleaded guilty to drug charges. Only got 30 days in prison. To me, that's a slap on the wrist because he was involved also with a stripper. Married man with two elder children. I would sentence him to five years at least. It's a waste of time for all that.

I'M 53 YEARS OLD, and there's always been wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, storms, drought, pestilence, plagues, ever since I've been alive. So much for that theory.

RANT TO OBAMA and the Democrats for putting the brakes on nuclear development. They want to end our use of fossil fuels, coal and now nuclear. What are we to do? If we could harness all the hot air in Washington, we would be set for years of living green.

HEADLINE FROM an online column: "Records request issues persist ... City lawyers still provide hefty bill." We've reached the point where government works to hide as much of its actions as it can get away with. Thus, excluding info about innocents, is it not sensible to assume any info a government refuses to publish, or stalls on, contains something that will tend to show that government is involved in some kind of corruption? Otherwise, why do they hide stuff from those they "serve"?

THE U.S. NAVY , under commander-in-chief Obama, sent some ships to help Japan and sent them downwind of the problem nuclear reactor. Finally, somebody woke up and moved the ships out of the path of any radiation that might leak from those reactors. Why did Obama send them downwind to start with?

PLEASE PUT SPEED bumps on McDowell Street between Milledge and Monte Sano. We need them so much.

THIS IS A RANT for Richmond County. Instead of building a pond out there at the old Regency Mall, with all these shootings on Tubman Road and all these robberies on Gordon Highway, why don't you just build a prison out there and then you wouldn't have to transport them as far? That makes more sense than a pond. All they're going to do with that is throw garbage in it or dead bodies or used needles.

THIS IS ABOUT the bicycles. Think about this. The highways were not built for bicycles. They were not built for airplanes. They were not built for boats. If so, why not let the airplanes on the highway, and let the boats on the highway and everything else that comes along? I am definitely tired of this bicycle situation. I'm not completely against it, but the bicyclists should have more common sense.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 06:15 pm
My heart aches for those

My heart aches for those people. A firefighter was working rescue, and when he returned home his wife,son, and grandchildren were gone.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/17/11 - 10:53 pm
Gee, I must have a mind-twin.

Gee, I must have a mind-twin. I could have written that second to last rant almost word for word, just change a street or two. Kind of threw me. By the way, even though I didn't write it, I agree. They're dropping a lot of parolees off at the gas station at Deans Bridge and Wheeless Roads anyway.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 06:24 pm
corgi I think so too. I have

corgi I think so too. I have not watched much about it on tv, but have seen a few videos online. I can't get it out of my mind all the heartache, pain, and suffering those people are going through.It hurts to watch.

KSL
KSL 03/17/11 - 07:23 pm
Geez, Rush didn't mock the

Geez, Rush didn't mock the people of Japan. He mocked Diane Sawyer's comments about their recycling. Good grief.

KSL
KSL 03/17/11 - 07:34 pm
happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 08:15 pm
KSL I disagree with you.He

KSL I disagree with you.He made reference to electric cars made in the spot where the earthquake and tsunami was the worst and laughed about it.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 08:30 pm
On Tuesday the radio host

On Tuesday the radio host chatted with a caller who referenced the irony that “Gaia” (Mother Earth in Greek Mythology) lashed out at Japan. Limbaugh laughed about how the tsunami hit the very same spot where the one of the leading green vehicles was invented.
Limbaugh also took a jab at Diane Sawyer who has been covering the devastation in Japan and, more specifically, at her report on shelter refugees and how they’ve been dealing with waste management and debris.Sawyer was amazed at how a gathering place for people whose homes had been destroyed still made it a point to organize a system for recycling within the shelter. Limbaugh likened her remarks to someone talking to a group of children.“This is almost like a kindergarten teacher talking to the four year olds,” Limbaugh remarked. “That is how old you are in kindergarten, right? Five? Five? Four? Alright. This is -- some of these people here for days and look, look it's recycling, organized for recycling.”

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 08:36 pm
KSL, I'm sure that you're

KSL, I'm sure that you're coming to the National Democratic Convention next year in Charlotte. Please feel free to stay with me.

(I'm ducking here)

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 08:36 pm
I don't hear anyone but Rush

I don't hear anyone but Rush laughing. If anyone here had family and loved ones in the path of the earth quake and tsunami, would you laugh? Would you approve of anyone laughing? I don't have loved ones in Japan, but I have not laughed. There is nothing funny about it.

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 08:37 pm
Well, you notice that no one

Well, you notice that no one is paying Rush to go to Japan and report on things.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 08:41 pm
Those who want to keep their

Those who want to keep their noses clean will not give him a dime to report on Japan.

KSL
KSL 03/17/11 - 08:46 pm
LOL, Corgi.

LOL, Corgi.

KSL
KSL 03/17/11 - 08:51 pm
He wasn't laughing at the

He wasn't laughing at the disaster itself, but at the irony. Got that? My mother's best advice to me was to always look for the humor in a bad situation.

Pu239
Pu239 03/17/11 - 08:55 pm
54% Ignore ratio...ahhhhhhhh

54% Ignore ratio...ahhhhhhhh

dani
dani 03/17/11 - 09:01 pm
It took Obama long

It took Obama long enough...he is the much too indecisive to be a leader.
I don't listen to Rush, and I don't know why anyone would they are getting upset.
I don't watch Chris Matthews and the MSNBC crew because they are so hard on their opponents...cold, man.

Anyhow, Rush has no say say in what happens to us. Obama does, the politicians are the people to be concerned about.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 09:01 pm
My son, who is now not repub

My son, who is now not repub nor democrat, watched the video on that link, and I can't post what he said. He was outraged. At first, he did not believe anyone, not even Rush, could laugh at Japan.I won't watch the video.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 03/17/11 - 09:12 pm
Perhaps the Bible prophesies

Perhaps the Bible prophesies have been occurring for the past 50 odd years. but in my almost 74 years the frequency of wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, storms, drought, pestilence, plagues, has mightly increased. Just saying.....

The final prophesy hasn't happened yet, so all us sinners are still safe. If you read your Bible, you will know what that one is!

KSL
KSL 03/17/11 - 09:15 pm
My father used to say, if you

My father used to say, if you don't vote, you give up your right to complain about the ones elected. If you won't watch the video, you should not comment on it negatively.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 03/17/11 - 09:35 pm
that's ok. I read what it

that's ok. I read what it said. good night

KSL
KSL 03/17/11 - 10:36 pm
Good night, happy. Love that

Good night, happy. Love that cat, Hotrod.

WW1949
WW1949 03/18/11 - 08:22 am
Did Japan send food and other

Did Japan send food and other in kind help to Louisiana? I feel sorry for their people but I also feel sorry for ours but the rest of the world could care less about us except for the money we give them in foreign aid.

KittyW923
KittyW923 03/18/11 - 08:31 am
Rave: Thumbs up for Richmond

Rave: Thumbs up for Richmond Co. Sheriff on the resent raid. Keep it up !

Rant: Trash pickup come out to Clanton Rd. in South Augusta and find out and site the people whos trash is all over the place and white trash bags of leaves thats improperly bagged. I',m sick of looking at it not just now but always.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/18/11 - 02:40 pm
WW1949, Japan DID send over

WW1949, Japan DID send over $200,000 just for starters and other types of help to Louisiana, so YES, Japan DID help Louisiana for Katrina.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/18/11 - 02:42 pm
KittyW923 Call Augusta Cares

KittyW923 Call Augusta Cares 706-821-2300 I believe is the number. They will handle it for you.

dwb619
dwb619 03/18/11 - 03:39 pm
#4 In just the last two days,

#4
In just the last two days, the President and the and the Secretary of Energy have both backed the development of nuclear energy in the US.

justdatruth
justdatruth 03/18/11 - 04:40 pm
onlysane1left::The rest of

onlysane1left::The rest of our borders don't have MULTI MILLIONS jumping our fence I've noticed everytime some one makes a comment about the illegals jumping our fence you go into attack mode, and then in most cases always ends up one of our American citizens are dead because our Government don't do their job to prevent it, Doesn't seem to bother you at all, but in turn you always protect them from the truth buy putting the problem some where else. You know yourself Mexico is the main reason we are in the shape we are in today.I ask you, are you illegal? or do you live with someone illegal? I think there is something there!If your not then your not for the laws of our land. SHAME ON YOU.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs