Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WISCONSIN NOT ONLY needs a man with guts. They need a man with brains, also.

I'M CALLING IN concerning the former federal judge in Atlanta, Jack T. Kemp, who pleaded guilty to drug charges. Only got 30 days in prison. To me, that's a slap on the wrist because he was involved also with a stripper. Married man with two elder children. I would sentence him to five years at least. It's a waste of time for all that.

HEADLINE FROM an online column: "Records request issues persist ... City lawyers still provide hefty bill." We've reached the point where government works to hide as much of its actions as it can get away with. Thus, excluding info about innocents, is it not sensible to assume any info a government refuses to publish, or stalls on, contains something that will tend to show that government is involved in some kind of corruption? Otherwise, why do they hide stuff from those they "serve"?

PLEASE PUT SPEED bumps on McDowell Street between Milledge and Monte Sano. We need them so much.

THIS IS A RANT for Richmond County. Instead of building a pond out there at the old Regency Mall, with all these shootings on Tubman Road and all these robberies on Gordon Highway, why don't you just build a prison out there and then you wouldn't have to transport them as far? That makes more sense than a pond. All they're going to do with that is throw garbage in it or dead bodies or used needles.

THIS IS ABOUT the bicycles. Think about this. The highways were not built for bicycles. They were not built for airplanes. They were not built for boats. If so, why not let the airplanes on the highway, and let the boats on the highway and everything else that comes along? I am definitely tired of this bicycle situation. I'm not completely against it, but the bicyclists should have more common sense.

slickrayder
slickrayder 03/17/11 - 06:30 am
I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION!!!!

I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION!!!! HOW MANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT WERE ARRESTED IN THE TATTOO RAID ,WERE NOW ARRESTED IN THIS LAST ROUNDUP? IF ANY ,PUT THEM AWAY, THEY WILL NEVER LEARN

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 06:30 am
"THE U.S. NAVY , under

"THE U.S. NAVY , under commander-in-chief Obama, sent some ships to help Japan and sent them downwind of the problem nuclear reactor. Finally, somebody woke up and moved the ships out of the path of any radiation that might leak from those reactors. Why did Obama send them downwind to start with?"

This one will keep me laughing all day!

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 06:32 am
"I'M 53 YEARS OLD, and

"I'M 53 YEARS OLD, and there's always been wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, storms, drought, pestilence, plagues, ever since I've been alive. So much for that theory."

I didn't write this- but I could've.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 03/17/11 - 06:52 am
"RANT TO OBAMA and the

"RANT TO OBAMA and the Democrats for putting the brakes on nuclear development. They want to end our use of fossil fuels, coal and now nuclear. What are we to do? If we could harness all the hot air in Washington, we would be set for years of living green."

Why limit it to Washington? Atlanta has a LOT of hot air, along with Columbia, SC, and even Augusta and Aiken. We would have a ton of energy by just letting the politicians blow windmills all day with the useless junk that comes out of their mouths!

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 03/17/11 - 08:05 am
I am very sorry that you

I am very sorry that you think you can not be put in harms ways. Just keepi living beyond those 53 years and you might get surprised one day! I got one question, why do some of the posters of the r/r forums have to rewrite the entire rant before they respond?

copperhead
copperhead 03/17/11 - 08:28 am
ANOTHER previously deported

aureliusdios
aureliusdios 03/17/11 - 08:53 am
Stubbed my big toe this

Stubbed my big toe this morning and just had to blame it on Obama. that micro-managing son of a Kenyan.

justthefacts
22002
justthefacts 03/17/11 - 08:59 am
aurey, I feel your pain (not

aurey, I feel your pain (not the toe). Republicans had to put up with it for 8 yrs. You've only had a couple. Best get used to it.

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 09:22 am
Totellthetruth- everyone

Totellthetruth- everyone knows that bad things happen. If you want to spend your life worrying about something that you can't predict and can't control, that's great, but I've managed so far, and I guess I can manage some more. There's always bad things going on- that's life.

dani
dani 03/17/11 - 09:29 am
Rather than rant about the

Rather than rant about the little things, how about this headline in the news:

Food Prices Expected to Go UP Even MORE. Wholesale food prices jumped 3.9 percent from Jan to Feb - the largest increase in 36 (Thirty-Six) years.

This will cause a lot of us to go hungry.

kmb413
kmb413 03/17/11 - 09:33 am
The rant about the airplanes

The rant about the airplanes not being on road is not completly correct. Airplanes make emergency landings on major interstates.

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 09:59 am
We do need more prisons, and

We do need more prisons, and the old Regency Mall would be a good location.

Jane18
Jane18 03/17/11 - 10:33 am
Hey corgimom and #3 ranter,

Hey corgimom and #3 ranter, too bad you don't know how to read everything when only posting part of JESUS' word. People like you are called the "biblically illiterate". Please read Matt.24. Mark13, and Luke21 with deeeeeeeep understanding. I don't worry either, I know WHO is in charge!!

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/17/11 - 11:01 am
#2 Soooo, correct!

#2 Soooo, correct!

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 03/17/11 - 11:40 am
"ANOTHER previously deported

"ANOTHER previously deported illegal immigrant has re-enterd the U.S. and killed a CITIZEN in a drunk driving accident. Our southern border is totally secure-according to the democrats!"
So, are there no crimes at our northern border? Don't be bias just to the southern border, the northern border has crime too, don't think they are all clean just because they speak English and French up there......

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/17/11 - 12:22 pm
"Records request issues

If they are hiding it from U.S it MUST be bad! Look how they crow about other things they DO want to distract U.S. with?
They still won't produce the record proving the Brinks truck came to get the "Missing" $25,000. that got "stolen" from an open safe at the Courthouse MLK Jr weekend.

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 12:58 pm
To Jane- thanks, I read the

To Jane- thanks, I read the Bible just fine. And because I read the Bible, I can tell you with complete assurance that wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, storms, drought, pestilence, and plagues existed in Biblical times, too, and has since God created the Earth and man.

But I enjoyed being called "Biblically illiterate" and being told that I posted "part of JESUS' word". I'm still trying to figure out just what part of JESUS' word I posted, but ok.

I love this place! You can't make this stuff up!

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 03/17/11 - 01:23 pm
In reply to the last rant

In reply to the last rant about bikes:

Like any other group of people with a common interest, most are respectful, and law abiding. But on many occasions, I and others like me, have been stuck behind bicyclists who are riding 4 an 5 abreast and will not move to single file so th...at auto traffic can SAFELY pass them. How would you like to be going to work and stuck behind someone traveling less than 10 mph that will not let you pass safely?!

If you were in a car, that would be "impeding traffic flow" and you could be ticketed for it by the local police. If you really want your equal rights on the road with a bicycle, let's start legislation for it and REQUIRE full coverage insurance, license plates, and all required safety equipment; and let's not forget a state endorsed bicycle operator's safety course. I know this all sounds moronic, and it is; but so is riding a vehicle that will only go (on average) 10 mph and putting yourself in 35-45 mph traffic. It is not that I don't like bicycles, I do. I ride around my neighborhood all the time.

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 03/17/11 - 01:40 pm
#2- Assuming this was a first

#2- Assuming this was a first offense for the fine judge, 30 days seems harsh considering almost everyone else just gets a fine. Why should he get more time because he's married and was with a stripper? That's not illegal. I hope!

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 01:51 pm
Prayers for all of our

Prayers for all of our American armed forces and their families that are stuck in Japan.

What a terrible situation.

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 03:34 pm
President O is about to speak

President O is about to speak about Japan.

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 06:13 pm
The Japan disaster is nothing

The Japan disaster is nothing to laugh about, but Rush sure thinks it is humorous.He joked about it. I can't post what I think of him.

bettyboop
bettyboop 03/17/11 - 06:45 pm
And happy...barry doesn't

And happy...barry doesn't think about it at all......God save us from this idiot!

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 06:56 pm
betty sorry, but President

betty sorry, but President Obama is thinking about Japan, and he is not an idiot.

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 06:59 pm
U.S. President Barack Obama

U.S. President Barack Obama said Thursday that he was "heartbroken" over events in Japan but was offering resources to help the Japanese recover as well as to keep U.S. citizens out of harm's way.

You can read from that link, or go to your favorite news and see the report. He spoke at the Japanese Embassy

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 07:01 pm
Meanwhile, the United States

Meanwhile, the United States is "working aggressively" to offer support, with search-and-rescue teams and disaster-response teams and members of the U.S. military working in Japan. "To date, we have flown hundreds of missions to support the recovery efforts and distributed thousands of pounds of food and water."

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 07:03 pm
He added, "We're sharing with

He added, "We're sharing with them expertise, equipment and technology so that the courageous responders on the team have the benefit of American teamwork and support."
"I'm going to be making a statement, communicate how heartbroken we are of this tragedy," he said at the Embassy, where he met with Ambassador Ichiro Fujisaki and signed a book of condolences."Please know that America will stand by one of its greatest allies during this time of need," he wrote. "Because of the strength and wisdom of its peoples, we know that Japan will recover, and indeed will emerge stronger than ever."

happychimer
happychimer 03/17/11 - 07:07 pm
There is more, if you want to

There is more, if you want to read it. now is no time to joke about people who have lost everything. they are waiting in long lines for food and water and shelter, and Rush thought it was funny. He is the idiot, not our President.

corgimom
corgimom 03/17/11 - 07:09 pm
I think that at least one of

I think that at least one of the reactors will blow up.