Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Rant, request, whatever you want to call it. Please stop allowing people to comment on the articles published on The Chronicle's Web site. Most don't have a clue as to the hurt they might cause someone. People are quick to judge and are just downright insensitive. Some things are better left unsaid, readers.

This is a rant for the folks who live in Summerville. You are all a bunch of snobs! What is the problem with a day care at a church, for heaven's sake? Some of us folks have to work for a living and need to be able to leave our precious children in good hands.

If you think the school buses being late in Richmond County are bad, try living in Edgefield County, where sometimes they don't even come at all.

There was a piece in the paper on Monday about the price of gas and why it was so high. It was all a bunch of lies. The price is so high because of nothing but greed. That coupled with the fact that this Earth is being readied by God to send the Antichrist. Listen real close; you'll hear the sixth trumpet sounding.

I identify with the shopper who took time to correct the purchase at the register. Very often, items are priced different in the system from the shelf price or even sale prices. Even though most items are scanned, a human has to program the information into the system. We are all subject to error. Therefore, all errors are subject to correction. Take time to watch the monitor as items are scanned, for everyone's benefit. Don't hesitate to make sure that your dollars are not being wasted.

Georgia State University students are shown shouting and disrupting the Georgia Senate because the students truly believe they are entitled to free college money. The state should immediately cut those students' money off and kick them out of Georgia State. Anything less is abject failure of the politicians. Alas, abject failure of politicians is today's norm.

Cut taxes for the rich and cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid for the poor. And call it shared sacrifice.

There are a lot of people who still want to secede from nation around this town.

A rant to the Wisconsin teachers who forced the schools to close. Do they not care that the free breakfast and lunch are all that some children get every day, and that they rely on the security and stability of the school day to survive? So much for "we don't teach for the money, it's all about the children."

If the president and the other Democrats really wanted America to be energy independent they would drill here and drill now.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 03/10/11 - 07:42 am
Stop commenting on

Stop commenting on here...surely you jest!!!
This is a hobby--job-fun time---get together w/friends--why you are asking for alot....but I agree some articles need the tact postings instead of gotcha...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/10/11 - 07:45 am
Yeh...if we had a line to

Yeh...if we had a line to secede from the union we would use up Broad St--Greene St & probably Washington Rd too!!
Dixieland will live again...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/10/11 - 07:47 am
dani
dani 03/10/11 - 09:04 am
All alone? Hard to find this

All alone? Hard to find this morning.
But..good morning to you!

misskitty
misskitty 03/10/11 - 09:13 am
if your too sensitive then

if your too sensitive then dont read it..we are all adults here and if we arent then why arent the parents doin their job and and keepin the kiddies off of the site...dont like it go buy the paper edition and kill some more trees. either way yes..this is entertaining and takes some of craziness of the news and helps others to put it into perspective. so deal with it or go somewhere else.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 03/10/11 - 09:21 am
Georgia State University

Wow, I hope this ranter knows that there is this thing call the Constitution that allows you to speak out against the government (Freedom of Speech), without punity. It would be shameful to protest against something you disagree with in the government and be punished for it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/10/11 - 09:22 am
Good am dani.... It is hard

Good am dani....
It is hard to wake up the csra some mornings...maybe I need to play James Brown instead of Alabama.. lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/10/11 - 09:26 am
yeh onlysane...they have a

yeh onlysane...they have a right to speak out BUT some were shouting out & trying to stop the vote....SHOUT & SPEAK...2 different things.

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 03/10/11 - 09:27 am
I figured the rant about

I figured the rant about comments was in reference to the comments that follow a news story about a tragic death. It probably would be best for the families to simply avoid the comments section.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/10/11 - 09:44 am
Thanks thomson..... I'm

Thanks thomson.....
I'm leaving ya'll with this little goody..
Have a great day folks!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/10/11 - 10:16 am
I am against most of the

I am against most of the entitlement programs. But since the lottery was passed on the premise that HOPE scholarships would be provided to any student maintaining a 3.0 GPA, well they are entitled to it if they meet the requirements. It was originally designed for college students, not to pay child care (Pre-K). Get it back to what Georgia voters voted on then leave it alone.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/10/11 - 12:03 pm
If we poured the billions it

If we poured the billions it will cost to drill the harder to get oil, and all the other cost it takes to refine it into a SINGLE FACTORY that produces the leading edge batteries we could kiss OPEC goodby and drive all over for about $3. per Charge up. It would also allow almost every home to run all its electric needs off the USED batteries. 2 Birds 1 Stone. Lets set the American Eagles Free, not keep remodeling our cage.

tgentry
tgentry 03/10/11 - 12:05 pm
what?

what?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/10/11 - 12:52 pm
Most used batteries are

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/10/11 - 01:22 pm
"A senior Saudi prince

"A senior Saudi prince questioned the need for a ban on women driving on Wednesday and said lifting it would be a quick first step to reduce the Islamic kingdom's dependence on millions of foreign workers." We probably ought to warn the Prince.

corgimom
corgimom 03/10/11 - 02:54 pm
"ATLANTA — The Georgia state

"ATLANTA — The Georgia state Senate has voted to pass a bill that would make driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs an automatic felony for illegal immigrants.

The bill sponsored by state Sen. William Ligon, a Republican from Brunswick, passed by a vote of 35-18.

In Georgia DUI is a misdemeanor until a person's fourth conviction, when it becomes a felony. Ligon's bill would make it felony on the first conviction for illegal immigrants.

Ligon says the bill is necessary because this is an issue of public safety.

Some senators raised concerns that the bill could be unconstitutional and could put an extra burden on the prison system.

The National Conference of State Legislatures says Georgia would likely be the first state to enact such a law if it passes."

YES! YES! YES!

This should've been done a long time ago!

Now we just need to extend it to Americans, and that'll make it even better.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 03/10/11 - 03:29 pm
Anyone convicted of DUI

Anyone convicted of DUI should lose their drivers license forever, and have a felony conviction.No 2nd chances

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 03/10/11 - 04:07 pm
tell em Miss kitty!

tell em Miss kitty!

astanleymom
astanleymom 03/10/11 - 04:46 pm
I agree, happychimer! My

I agree, happychimer! My sister & brother-in-law were hit by a drunk driver going over 120 mph last June. My brother-in-law is now disabled for life. It was only by the grace of God that they and their unborn child lived. This was the 2nd DUI for the driver and he basically just got a slap on the wrist! I personally think he should be behind bars!

KSL
KSL 03/11/11 - 07:17 am
Wow. Now 21 posts. Something

Wow. Now 21 posts. Something is amiss.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/11 - 07:38 am
Yeh...something is amiss

Yeh...something is amiss ksl..you-Cgee-Sarge-RK-Vet-tots-abby-moms-& others....
Why doncha come home Bill Bailey!!

KSL
KSL 03/11/11 - 07:41 am
You know where we are.

You know where we are.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/11 - 07:44 am
And you know how much trouble

And you know how much trouble I get into w/o trying!!

:O)

Won't you come home, Bill Bailey, won't you come home
I moan the whole night long
I'll do the cookin', honey, I'll pay the rent
I know I done you wrong

Remember that rainy eve' that
I drove you out with nothin' but a fine tooth comb
Yes, I know that I'm to blame, and ain't that a shame
Bill Bailey, won't you please come home

Won't you come home, Bill Bailey, won't you come home
I moan the whole night long
I'm-a gonna do your cookin', honey, I'm-a gonna pay your rent
I know that I've done you wrong

Remember that rainy eve' that
I drove you out with nothin' but a fine tooth comb
Well, I know that I'm to blame, and ain't that a dirty, low-down shame
Bill Bailey, won't you please come home
Come home, come home, Bill Bailey
Bill Bailey, won't you please come on home
Come home, Bill Bailey
Bill Bailey, won't you please come on home
Come on home

KSL
KSL 03/11/11 - 07:45 am
It is my understanding that

It is my understanding that all are welcomed.

KSL
KSL 03/11/11 - 07:47 am
You won't. I could send you

You won't. I could send you an 83 paged Word document from one day of posts that will show you that.

WW1949
WW1949 03/11/11 - 08:57 am
so where are you?

so where are you?

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/11/11 - 09:24 am
"Most used batteries are

"Most used batteries are destroyed because they won't take/hold a charge. How will you run house hold appliances on used batteries??? It they are still good why wouldn't they still be in an electric car."

Electric cars require very high levels of torque that are delivered very well when the batteries are new. Just like your rechargeable batteries may not have a much life once they have been used several times so do electric car batteries. Even though they cannot produce the tire burning torque they put out new does not mean they don't last for years as light or small power sources that can be recharged with simple solar panels. The electric company even has to pay you for any overage you produce. The best thing is this would take U.S. off the grid so instead of city wide blackouts just one house at a time would have problems instead of whole towns going black. If you do go black, you can just run a cord to a neighbor until you get your problem fixed. The National security advantages of no one being able to knock out or take over ONE centralized sitting duck power station are endless.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/11/11 - 09:52 am
ww1949....They are in

ww1949....They are in never-never land...sparkles-jokes-pics-funny posts-just floating above the horizon.....songs...but not much country though & I am a country girl!

Jackson
Jackson 03/11/11 - 01:55 pm
I'll quit commenting on this

I'll quit commenting on this site when they pry my cold dead fingers from the keyboard. Dig?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 03/11/11 - 06:39 pm
seenitB4 says;

seenitB4 says; Yeh...something is amiss ksl..you-Cgee-Sarge-RK-Vet-tots-abby-moms-& others....Why doncha come home Bill Bailey!!
____________________

Too much PC here, SB4! Plus that, the "playing field" isn't level. Some get away with comments that should be "flushed," and some seem to strain through the thin wires. In short, the AC is borderline infringing on Freedom of Expression, period! I pop in once in awhile, but some of the most idiotic comments by some posters keep me from joining in with you, and those who post decently.