Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

It is very clear that the Antichrist has gotten its feet into Westboro Baptist Church and also the Supreme Court. There is no sense in our soldiers, dead or alive, being treated that way.

This is with regard to bicycles on the highway. I actually know some elderly people who drive slower than bicycles and probably just as dangerously. I don’t have a problem with bicycles on the highway, but I do think they should have license plates just like I have to buy, insurance like I have to buy, obey all the rules like I have to do and I’ll treat them just like another automobile. I hate to see anybody get hurt, but I just think that they should obey the same laws. They should obey traffic lights and stop signs and so forth.

To the person who didn’t expect their rant to be printed, it should not have been. You speak so disrespectful about the president when the only person or American that is stupid is you. Americans are not stupid. They are smart enough to see beyond color. You should try it.

They’re not having a reduction of force at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions. They’re having a replacement of force. Why don’t they tell it like it really is?

I reside in Washington Commons retirement center. I pay close to $2,000 a month. Last night for supper, all we had was a small bowl of soup and an egg salad sandwich. That’s all we had. Evidently, Washington Commons is running out of food. $2,000 a month should get better than a bowl of soup and an egg salad sandwich.

Never before have so many been so wrong about so much as Democrats are now.

The top 20 percent of American households own 85 percent of the nation’s total wealth; the other 80 percent (salary and wage earners) own 15 percent. Guess which group houses the instigators of our current financial crisis? Yet, we plan to solve the problem by charging it to the nation’s public employees. Good plan.

This is in regard to the editorial article from Frank Williams regarding riding bicycles, and I’m sure it was well-intended, but I’m not
interested in the accident I can survive. I’m interested in the accident I can avoid. If there’s anything that 32 years in the military serving in special ops has taught me it is that you do not let a potentially dangerous situation approach you from the rear. That’s exactly what happens when you ride with the flow of traffic.

This is a plea to all law enforcement, especially North Augusta, to enforce the boom box law. These people are about to shake my house down, especially in North Augusta by the elementary school. Please, enforce the law.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 03/04/11 - 05:07 am
I'd like to make a couple of

I'd like to make a couple of comments on the posts about bikes. First off, I thought that people riding bikes were supposed to follow the same laws as cars while on the road, but you're right...I've seen plenty of bike riders who coast past the stop signs and the red lights, passing the rest of us by. And they certainly zoom by, even when the traffic is backed up for other reasons. If more of them followed the rules, more drivers might have more respect for them. To the next to last poster, you're right also, and I never thought of them riding with versus against the flow of traffic. Walkers are supposed to walk on the side of the road going against traffic, so why not bikes? Hmmm, good question.

exmox
exmox 03/04/11 - 06:22 am
The MOX project at SRS is not

The MOX project at SRS is not replacing workers, it's removing experience and adding cheap labor. Since our president wouldn't quarentee Yucca mountian to be safe for a million years, most nuclear waste (ours and other countries) will be stored here at SRS. I like knowing cheap inexperience is running SRS.

crackerjack
crackerjack 03/04/11 - 07:44 am
I would like to see the

I would like to see the Westboro Baptist Church donor list. It has to cost plenty to travel all over the U.S. to spew hatred on our fallen heroes and their families.

etlinks
etlinks 03/04/11 - 07:59 am
I have to agree with rant #4,

I have to agree with rant #4, layoffs,rifs and they are hiring summer interns but they continue to keep the over paid managers.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/04/11 - 10:01 am
Something tells me that

Something tells me that Westboro Church won a battle but will lose the war.....many have turned against them now....kinda sick of them.
We will all ride bikes in the near future...gas will be $10 dollars a gallon...so I will try to be nice to them.
Washington Commons Retirement Home...YEA for you, I guess you told them off today didn't you.. haha...if they only knew who sent that in...that soup & sandwich doesn't sound toooo bad though......especially if you like egg salad..
Small % has all the wealth.....yes & we are partly to blame for that aren't we!! We could stop watching trash tv--idiots on the media living strange lifes with drugs-alcohol-trash tv ....you know J Springer show...
why oh why do we find that trash interesting?? Talking heads making millions & they don't know crap.....just stop giving them your time & money..
Boon box too loud...I have always thought the best punishment would be to make these idiots listen to hours of country music REALLY loud music-----yeh, except I would like country so that wouldn't work for all...haha..
good am CSRA... & Washington Commons I'm going to find a good song for yee this am :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/04/11 - 10:12 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 03/04/11 - 10:15 am
happychimer
19624
happychimer 03/04/11 - 10:19 am
Thanks seenit. Eddy Arnold

Thanks seenit. Eddy Arnold was one of my dad's favorites.

happychimer
19624
happychimer 03/04/11 - 10:22 am
I grew up listening to Hank

I grew up listening to Hank Snow, Eddy Arnold, Hank Williams and many others. Daddy taught guitar for years.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/04/11 - 10:41 am
Happy....I'm glad I could

Happy....I'm glad I could make someone happy today.. :)

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 03/04/11 - 10:42 am
David Lynch was mrudered in

David Lynch was mrudered in his own home in Calfornia. For those who do not know who he was, he was a white supremicist leader. While I do not agree with what he stood for, and in point of fact find most of it abhorrent, I also see if you were to replace the word 'white' with 'black' his views would be considered acceptable, and supported by our "racially blind" government all the way to Messrs Holder and Obama.

But not a peep. No coverage in the media; no calls for civility; no finger pointing at racial animus. I would like to know how quiet it would be today had Mr. Lynch been a Black Panther or ACORN organizer.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/04/11 - 10:56 am
I agree dsstewart....& where

I agree dsstewart....& where have you been hiding?? Welcome back for however long. :)
Our news media only has time for Charlie Sheen & Linsay Lohan....they both make me sick......ole Hillary was right when she said Al Jazerra has more real news than our media has with fewer commercials...HA
We are doused with trash news everyday....to feed the masses???
Are we programmed or drugged for this trash....

happychimer
19624
happychimer 03/04/11 - 11:00 am
People always have to stick

People always have to stick President Obama's name into everything that happens in the news. Give it up. You don't like the way we are governed? You don't want the people to choose our leaders? What kind of way do you want our leaders chosen? Dictators? You want to take away my right to vote my choice? Guess what. It ain't gonna happen! I sit back and usually just ignore the slime spewed about Obama and democrats. You don't have to go on and on everyday of the year. I know what repubs think about Obama and democrats. I could do the same about repubs, but I won't waste my time. I am not obsessed with repubs enough to talk about them every waking hour. The sun is out. The birds are singing. It is a beautiful day. I am not going to let anyone spoil it for me. Have a nice day.

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/04/11 - 11:35 am
Rant # 2: You are soooooo

Rant # 2: You are soooooo right!

Last Rant: Go to www.speedtrap.org and see what is said about the "authority drunk," North Augusta Cops. They ain't EVER and ain't NEVER gonna enforce the boom box laws by you. But....I BET no one dare speed 1 mile per hour over the posted speed limit in the SAME neighborhood.

swinter05
swinter05 03/04/11 - 11:41 am
I think only educated people

I think only educated people should be able to vote and should have to answer key questions about their person of choice to make sure they have an understanding and a little knowledge about their candidate...and I'm not talking about those that will graduate due to No Child Left Behind...

happychimer
19624
happychimer 03/04/11 - 11:54 am
swinter their person of

swinter their person of choice is private. Nobody has to reveal their vote. It is secret unless that voter reveals it. That is the law.

Boogaloo
Boogaloo 03/04/11 - 12:40 pm
I bet the dining room at

I bet the dining room at Washington Commons was smelling pretty good the night of the egg salad injustice.

swinter05
swinter05 03/04/11 - 12:41 pm
I know what the law

I know what the law is....thanks. I said that's how it SHOULD be

swinter05
swinter05 03/04/11 - 12:49 pm
and why be so private??

and why be so private?? maybe it's private b/c back in the day those that supported a conservative/republican were hunted down by the democratic militant force they used, better known as the KKK

happychimer
19624
happychimer 03/04/11 - 01:21 pm
What and who I vote for is my

What and who I vote for is my business, not yours or anyone else.

burninater
burninater 03/04/11 - 02:05 pm
Ranter #8, your best bet for

Ranter #8, your best bet for survival is to ride with traffic with a rearview mirror. The mirror helps with avoidance, and you really don't want to get into a head-on when a tail-on is an available option. The energy transferred from car to body is a function of the velocity squared -- if you are going 20 and a car hits you going 30, that's a function of 10 squared (100) in a rear collision, or of 50 squared (2500) in a head-on. That's 25 times more energy available to kill you in the head-on. Riding against traffic is a really bad idea.

maxmark
maxmark 03/04/11 - 02:27 pm
Rant to COMCAST -- forget

Rant to COMCAST -- forget about XFINITY or whatever, COMCAST can't even provide consistent, reliable basic digital TV and internet service. We need a meter on the COMCAST system that reduces out monthly bill when they are unable, unwilling to maintain reliable service.

maxmark
maxmark 03/04/11 - 02:31 pm
Rant to COMCAST -- they are

Rant to COMCAST -- they are providing lousy cable service to the Wrightsboro Rd neighborhoods, near Grovetown. All week their excuse is that there are "System" problems in our areas, but today, Friday, nothing has improved. TV pictures and sound drop out, lock up, data modems unable to make connection to internet. Please, we desperately need Knology to provide an alternative to the crummy COMCAST.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 03/04/11 - 03:35 pm
Lousy service and higher

Lousy service and higher rates - minus programs that have to be paid for that used to be included in the monthly charges.

hereinaugusta
hereinaugusta 03/04/11 - 06:46 pm
maxmart: The best internet is

maxmart: The best internet is openrange.com wireless, can't beat it

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/05/11 - 12:28 am
Sure are a lot of sirens in

Sure are a lot of sirens in 30906 tonight.