Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

UH, LOWELL, we are talking about public unions, not private unions. There is a difference.

I KNOW YOU probably won't put this rant in there, but why should American people have to suffer for what's going on over in Egypt with rising gas prices and all? If we had a president that wasn't a Socialist Communist, one with some backbone, he'd see to it to cut off all foreign aide to them countries. But, no, he's a spineless, worthless, no good for nothing Socialist Communist president that the stupid American people elected.

WHAT BUSINESS is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I date or what I take into my body -- as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?

TO THE PERSON who said most states are running a deficit because of the Wall Street Ponzi scheme. Put down your Democratic union talking points for a moment and realize that Social Security and Medicare are near broke because the government promised more than it can deliver -- same for the states with their bloated worker benefit programs that outstrip the private sector!

I BELIEVE cell phones should not be allowed in vehicles. If someone is riding your bumper, look in your mirror and most the time they are on their phone. Another example, you're behind someone and they turn all of a sudden with no blinker -- look, they will be on their phone. Pass this law and I bet the number of accidents will go down.

IT SEEMS that the latest topic is bicycles on the highway. Bikes move too slow to be in highway lanes holding up traffic. There should be a minimum speed to keep everything moving in sync. Bicycle riders, who insist on equal space and rights, are not going to fare well in an accident with motorized vehicles. What's next? Skateboards, roller blades and wheelchairs on the highways?

THIS IS A RANT about tailgating. Whether you're driving in the left hand lane or the right hand lane, if you're doing the speed limit, that's all you can do. It seems like there are a lot of people, including the police, that have no idea what the word limit means. If you're doing 55 mph and you're in the left lane, that's as fast as you can go. If you wish to pass, you're breaking the law. So you shouldn't be complaining about the people who are upholding the law.

I WOULD SAY that I have found that 8 out of 10 drivers tailgate. Evidently, they have lots of insurance coverage, time or money to pay me. The majority of tailgating occurs on two-lane roads, and no, I do not tie up the lefthand lane by going too slow, unless you consider going the speed limit too slow.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 03/03/11 - 03:06 am
As long as you don't harm

As long as you don't harm another human being. You must have been doing something people were worried about.
I would support any law that bands cell phones being used in a car. I also
agree that tailgating is dangerous. I really hope you have the insurance.
I was told by some friends, that some people were asked to leave their
church. Church people are suppose to be loving, caring people who should
have tried to help these people, not turn them out. About another article
I read this morning. Anti-gay protesters (churches) at a funeral, and the supreme court said they have a right. These families are moarning someone they love. This is no time to cause more pain. So now the church is doing God's job. I say, let God judge, least you be judged. But, this is just my openion.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 03/03/11 - 04:59 am
AmericanRose, your comment

AmericanRose, your comment (and it's not just yours) about people in church makes me shake my head and realize that most people who think that way about church-goers, don't go to church themselves. If you did, you'd realize that a church is alot like a hospital. Sick people go to the hospital to hopefully get better. So, does that mean that there are only sick people in the hospital? No. Does that mean that there are only "better" people in the hospital? No. At any point in time, there are both types in the hospital, and so it is with a church. In church, you have "lost" people who are looking for answers, and you have people who believe they have found the answers but will occassionally forget those answers and have to start looking again. Is that a good analogy? The old saying goes "A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for Saints.".

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 03/03/11 - 09:21 am
I KNOW YOU probably won't put

"aide to them countries" and "stupid American people", 'nuff said. If you are going to complain about ignorance, please, try not to be ignorant doing it, just my public service message for the day......

crackerjack
crackerjack 03/03/11 - 09:37 am
onlysane1left.... In addition

onlysane1left.... In addition to the ones you found, I found no less than five additional grammatical errors in this rant. This person is qualified to write articles for the AC.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 03/03/11 - 09:47 am
Good one crackerjack. I saw

Good one crackerjack. I saw them, but I just had to make that point with the two most obvious ones.

aureliusdios
aureliusdios 03/03/11 - 09:58 am
It's obvious that the person

It's obvious that the person ranting about gas prices, Egypt and socialism has all the answers to the world problems. The internet has given rise to so much irrational pontificating. Airing your ignorance like dirty laundry in the wind is getting old real fast.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 03/03/11 - 10:33 am
Ranter #2 is too ignorant for

Ranter #2 is too ignorant for me to waste my time responding to him/her.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/03/11 - 10:34 am
Geez.....You guys fuss

Geez.....You guys fuss because the posters have left the building----but you bash the spelling & grammar every chance you get----give it a break......I've seen corrections posted on here with errors..
Sooo if you want more to post & have this place funny & interesting again....give em a break...how bout it... sho nuff

happychimer
19396
happychimer 03/03/11 - 10:35 am
Yes I use my cellphone in the

Yes I use my cellphone in the car, but it is on speaker so I have both hands free for driving. I never drive with my phone up to my ear.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/03/11 - 10:40 am
Today I will email or write

Today I will email or write to Judge Alito.....I want him to know how much I appreciate his vote......a funeral is not the place to play politics.....or scream & hollar your insane thoughts.......The father who lost the lawsuit said yesterday that some will probably take the law into their own hands now & he is probably right.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 03/03/11 - 10:47 am
My sister-in-law belonged to

My sister-in-law belonged to a union and made good money, She was a very good worker, and was over a dept. She worked in the medical field, and got extra pay as a translator. Spanish is her 2nd language. She retired, and now benefits from the retirement contract because of the union. She even gets over the counter medicines at no cost. Her union really helped her.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 03/03/11 - 10:49 am
seenit I agree with you.

seenit I agree with you.

happychimer
19396
happychimer 03/03/11 - 10:52 am
How in this world can those

How in this world can those people claim to be a church? I bet they do not pay taxes either. Now the door is open for people to protest the church protesters.

daphne3520
daphne3520 03/03/11 - 11:16 am
#5. 7, Absolutely! #8, get IN

#5. 7, Absolutely!

#8, get IN the slow lane if you're insistent on observing the speed limit! Laws are made to break! (Tongue in cheek)

crackerjack
crackerjack 03/03/11 - 11:47 am
Happy Chimer.. Unions in the

Happy Chimer.. Unions in the private sector are Ok for protecting their workers rights, because they negotiate with business owners and corporations. The unions in the Government sector take members dues, without their input,and give the dues to the democrats to get them elected, and those same democrats are the ones sitting at the other side of the table deciding how much of an increase in pay and/or benefits the union members will get... Can you say..'CONFLICT OF INTEREST'?

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 03/03/11 - 12:30 pm
Our plummeting dollar is

Our plummeting dollar is causing gas to go up along with everything else. Soon gas prices may be the least of our worries.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 03/03/11 - 01:37 pm
"Palin was a speaker. She had

"Palin was a speaker. She had the flag behind her and on her left..... Your ding bat Palin is a fake."
It's all a matter of perspective. Right now the President is at a news conference and when he is shown on camera the US Flag appears behind him and on his left.

Mk Ultra
Mk Ultra 03/03/11 - 02:26 pm
I agree with the bicycle

I agree with the bicycle rant. If you were in a car going 10 mph in traffic you'd be ticketed for "Impeding the traffic flow". So how is riding a bicycle that generally goes 10 mph(maybe 20-25 if you're an experienced cyclist) any different than holding up traffic in your car going 10 mph down Washington Rd?

kmb413
kmb413 03/03/11 - 02:39 pm
Day 6 of no smoking. Still

Day 6 of no smoking. Still not driving too much so I won't get road rage! Still making people angry by driving 35 mph on S. Old Belair Rd!

painfully honest
painfully honest 03/03/11 - 08:25 pm
Crackerjack, you obviously

Crackerjack, you obviously have no idea about the inner workings of the government. I am a government worker and I am a proud member of the union. The union is not affilliated with any paticular political party. We have democrats and republicans as members of our union. The union's job is to protect the rights of all government workers, even the non-paying, non-members. Believe it or not, for the last five years or so, many branches of the government have been required to "do more with less." Our management has been trying to place us into dangerous situations in their quest to save money. The union has always been instrumental in keeping our work conditions safe. Please don't let the media mislead you into thinking that the government is made up of a bunch of lazy, blood-sucking leeches. We do have some dead-weights but the majority of government workers are actually dedicated to serving and protecting the people of this country.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/04/11 - 09:45 am
paingully honest....The media

paingully honest....The media has misled us on many things......tv media is the worst.....too many talking heads & not enough real news.

Missouri wins SEC East, knocks Georgia out of running

COLUMBIA, Mo. - Marcus Murphy scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 12-yard run with 4:38 remaining and Markus Golden recovered a fumble to seal No. 17 Missouri's 21-14 victory Friday against ...