Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IT'S SUCH A SHAME to lose a man like Matthew Burke, and I think we should remind the cyclists that they could be a little more careful out there. The drivers of the automobiles could be a little more careful out there. And it's really bad in the area because of the crowdedness and the road conditions and stuff. Again, that's a terrible shame. But remember, think of yourself and be careful.

A BIG RAVE and thank you to the person or people who bought my family and me breakfast at the Waffle House in Evans on Tuesday morning. It is such a great thing to know that there are wonderful people like you. We hope to "pay it forward" soon.

IT IS INSULTING to think that some residents of Richmond County do not think that employees of Augusta deserve decent working conditions. Would you sit in a chair all day long that is held together by duct tape? Probably not. Purchasing someone a new chair is not going to cause your taxes to be raised.

A RANT TO JOE Jackson, $50,000 of taxpayer money is not a drop in the bucket! The Augusta Commission is charged with being good stewards of tax dollars. I think its time for all of Augusta's so-called leaders to resign, or it is time for a recall election. Maybe we can hire a contractor to run the city.

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY we are spending millions of dollars putting the new governor's name on state entry signs, changing street and building names for the huge egos of our distinguished leaders while the fine state of Georgia may cut the meal delivery and respite care for our senior citizens. Unbelievable! Take all of this money and you look after children, old folks and animals! Wasteful spending needs to end . Now!

IF PEOPLE WOULD do their research, they would realize that global warming does not just mean it's getting warmer . It causes all of the erratic weather that we are seeing around the world, snow in strange places, earthquakes, typhoons, etc.

THIS IS A RANT about the railroad tracks and trains. Instead them wasting money to change the Medical College of Georgia's name, they ought to waste money and fix these railroad crossings where people don't have to sit and wait for the train every 30 minutes for work.

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG
IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG 02/10/11 - 01:23 am
To Ranter #5, daily

To Ranter #5, daily temperatures have reached the mid 40s or higher (70 in some cases) for weeks now. How is that too cold? Wear a jacket and deal with it.
To Ranter #8, most individuals are too simple to research anything. FACT: Despite recently cooler temperatures and the unusual snowfall for the region (and record snowfall in some locations), this planet’s climatic average has risen every year for the last four decades. So temperatures are warming, whether it is man-made or naturally-occurring is still up for debate. Hence, GLOBAL WARMING.

Martinez
Martinez 02/10/11 - 06:01 am
The Palestinian-American

The Palestinian-American comment was true ignorance at best. I have seen the A/C delete online comments that were far less offensive. It would seem that comments on race, religion and politics are heavily monitored but ethnic or nationality comments are fair game? Distasteful A/C..... really distasteful!

corgimom
corgimom 02/10/11 - 06:44 am
"THIS IS A RANT to all the

"THIS IS A RANT to all the ball coaches. The weather is too cold for these kids to start playing ball now. Think about them and the parents who have to sit out there and watch the games. It is too cold."

Too cold? I have watched my son play soccer in a snowstorm.

If it's too cold for you, stay home. Me, I'd bring some blankets and wear heavy clothing if I wanted to watch my child play a sport.

People are just too spoiled and demanding today.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 02/10/11 - 07:18 am
Martinez, You're right. If I

Martinez, You're right. If I saw a comment like that, I would remove it. I'm not responsible for the R&Rs, but I think I'll remove that one.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/11 - 08:18 am
I would say more bike lanes

I would say more bike lanes are needed...
there should be an easy way to change signage on the "New Governor" signs..
Too cold for ball....what did the frontier folks do in their day....we have gotten soft & wimpy..
I doubt we have any Davy Crocketts in our midst today!
Good am CSRA.

lboogie618
lboogie618 02/10/11 - 08:46 am
Thanks IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG, I

Thanks IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG, I wrote that because I am tired of the rants from people who are clueless as to what's really going on because of Global Warming, maybe if some folks would read something beside the latest Facebook status update we could all learn something. Just my opinion.

dani
dani 02/10/11 - 09:00 am
To the poster that continues

To the poster that continues on his global warming crusade.
No need to fret it.

God created the world and he is at the controls.

Help to keep our environment clean, now that would be a good thing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/10/11 - 10:23 am
TNTHOMSON, Thanks for posting

TNTHOMSON, Thanks for posting my exact feelings, Very good.

Cadence
Cadence 02/10/11 - 10:35 am
Brilliant author Michael

Brilliant author Michael Crichton did his own global warming research because he wanted to run the data himself and come to his own conclusions (always a good idea). His conclusion? Man caused global warming is simply not a reality.

Elanor
Elanor 02/10/11 - 10:44 am
Even if it was, would the

Even if it was, would the uni- or bi-lateral actions of one or two nations do anything to mitigate the process?

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 02/10/11 - 11:35 am
300 hundred yr old NEWS

300 hundred yr old NEWS FLASH. hahaha The SUN has been growing hotter for the last 300 yrs. Politicians bet the public was so dumb they would never check this fact and they almost raped you because the public does not do their own homework. They figured since the public bought the billions of years fairytale for the age of the earth which Science has always proven to be too young for evolution to work that you guys would swallow global warming hook line and sinker too. If some emails of fact doctoring had not emerged you would have just like they already swallowed the ape like ancestor to man fairlytale hook line and sinker…

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/10/11 - 02:19 pm
Oh nooo...gag...please

Oh nooo...gag...please people, don't bathe in 100% perfume when you are going to be sitting in a confined area for an hour. I'm stuck here for the next hour and the person that just sat down next to me smells like she's been smoking a cigar bathed in perfume. In other words, it's a nauseating scent. I hope there is not something in it I'm allergic to, but my eyes are already starting to water. I hope she isn't going to be here the full hour. At least she didn't sit next to the the lady with the baby, the baby might have an asthma attack, he was already wheezing and hacking enough to upset his momma before the lady with the perfumed personal cloud arrived.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/10/11 - 02:55 pm
Hasn't the Earth been warming

Hasn't the Earth been warming since the last ice age??? I can accept the fact the humans my accelerate this natural cycle, but did not cause it.

happychimer
19565
happychimer 02/10/11 - 04:03 pm
A few minutes ago I passed a

A few minutes ago I passed a bad wreck at Jimmie Dyess Parkway and Powell Rd. Ambulances, fire trucks, county cars, and helicopter there. WRDW reports injuries.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/10/11 - 04:10 pm
Why hasn't there been a For

Why hasn't there been a For the Record report online since December 8th? Or is there another way to access it I don't know about?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/11 - 04:55 pm
corgi....I think your blog

corgi....I think your blog idea ias a great one....only you can teach "sassy"----keep up the good work.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 02/10/11 - 05:01 pm
AutumnLeaves, go to Richmond

AutumnLeaves, go to Richmond Neighbors and scroll through the list of stories. You will see the "For the Records."

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/10/11 - 08:58 pm
Okay, thanks Sean, I hadn't

Okay, thanks Sean, I hadn't tried to access it that way. The headline in another section I've been using to look for it on one of the online pages for the last few weeks, keeps sending me back to an old one from December.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 02/10/11 - 10:24 pm

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.