Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A BIG RAVE for the overwhelming support that our public service community showed during the funeral service for my good friend and Augusta firefighter, Antonio Jones. He was a best friend to me and to so many others. At the risk of forgetting someone I should not attempt to name everyone but I was especially touched by the turnout of the Columbia County fire and police who posted at so many intersections for the procession. Thank you all very much! God bless you and keep you safe!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE explain to me how a person who has an outstanding warrant, can attend the Richmond County Christmas party AND get his picture taken for the AC Spotted. Wow!! Talk about hiding in plain sight.

MURDER, SEX, child molestation -- Columbia County a great place to live!

WHY DOES NORTH AUGUSTA and Aiken County charge a convenience fee to pay bills online? I know of no other utility or business that does that. Another way to stick it to the people. How 2011 is it to have someone walk outside several times a day to collect payments dropped in a box?

RAVE TO THE Green Bay Packers for beating the Chicago Bears. This victory saved us tax payers several million dollars as Obama would have had to go to the game. Go Packers.

EVERY TIME PRESIDENT Barack Hussein Obama announces another of his frequent press conferences, or that he'll be making a statement to the Nation, I eagerly tune in -- for the first minute at least. When I realize he's not resigning from office, I turn the channel. Disappointed once again.

ANOTHER ASSOCIATED PRESS non-beliveable headline: "Spending, hiring on upswing to start year." A slight rise of questionably derived stats and for just one month hardly prove an "upswing." Trust government at your peril. That was how the Founding Fathers saw government, and if we don't, we, along with freedom, fall.

A REPORT MENTIONS "Islamist extremists." Is that redundant?

US HOUSE GOP leaders "promise" to cut spending by $100 billion. Since that, compared to how far we are in the hole, is miniscule, it just sounds like the GOP leadership is working WITH Obama and the Dems to strangle the country.

20 DEGREES IN TUCSON , 19 in Dallas, and more record busting cold temps in Obama's hometown of Chicago, yet no big media ever calls Obama/Gore the liars these stats prove they are. Why not?

REMEMBER, NEW ILLEGAL immigration laws won't help a bit unless Obama honors his oath of office and actually enforces those laws...Pretty much all government today is corrupt. Since the federal government is broke, let it shut down. At least, that'll keep them from hurting us worse.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/07/11 - 07:21 am
In response to the ranter

In response to the ranter about NA and Aiken charging fee to pay online....Augusta Utilities Dept also charges to pay your bill online, Jefferson Energy does not. Not sure about GA Power.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/11 - 09:40 am
I'm really tired of hearing

I'm really tired of hearing President O say that problems that get to his desk are the tough ones that no one else can handle......duh.....didn't he realize what the Presidents job entails??
BTW Mr. President........others COULD handle the job----plleeeeezeee the next time we vote for President let's put a person in there with EXPERIENCE of running "something!"

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/11 - 09:45 am
One more thing.... I'm all

One more thing....
I'm all for honoring Pres. Reagan-Pres. Kennedy & honoring Dr King......BUT when will the day come that we can MOVE on......I have heard the same speeches they made over-over &-over.....don't we have any new leaders on board.....surely some others can make a speech. This fascination with the Kennedys is crazy. jmo

Good am CSRA...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/07/11 - 10:08 am
B4, You have to remember,

B4, You have to remember, only bad news is good news. That is why you see and hear daily of our Great King SMCICBHO who now supports the Islamist extremists. Step 2 to the destruction of America from within.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/11 - 10:31 am
Hi CGEE....I get in this

Hi CGEE....I get in this "bad" mood sometimes while I read the paper ....headlines in AJC

Eduacators divided on integrated math---(kids can't get it)
Big drive to reduce federal spending.....(about time)
Dekalb county schools paid $341,000 several years back for a salary audit & now can't find the dang audit...
Grant park residents scared because ofthe many breakins
on & on & on

happychimer
happychimer 02/07/11 - 11:09 am
I will not pay to pay a bill.

I will not pay to pay a bill. I use my bank bill pay, which is free.I put in the amount to be paid, pick a date, and the bank does the rest.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/07/11 - 11:14 am
There are hidden costs in

There are hidden costs in electronic bill pay. No free lunches.

bettyboop
bettyboop 02/07/11 - 11:44 am

Washington (CNN) - The White House has released the following menu for the Super Bowl party that President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are hosting at the White House:

– Bratwurst
– Kielbasa
– Cheeseburgers
– Deep Dish Pizza
– Buffalo Wings
– German Potato Salad
– Twice Baked Potatoes
– Snyders Potato Chips and Pretzels
– Chips and Dips
– Salad
– Ice Cream
– Beverages including the following beers: Hinterland Pale Ale & Amber Ale (from Wisconsin), Yuengling Lager and Light (from Pennsylvania) and White House Honey Ale.

LOL..can we say....Hypocrites???....Yes We Can!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/11 - 11:51 am
What....NO salad with salmon

What....NO salad with salmon & my favorite Bud light??
My invite was lost in the mail anyway..lol

Sure was ugly about the Super Bowl ticket holders turned away because their seats were unsafe or etc.??
I bet some were "ticked off" over that.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/07/11 - 02:23 pm
Ha Ha, King SMCICBHO give

Ha Ha, King SMCICBHO give British nuclear secrets to Russia so why are we making an issue our of WikiLeaks.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/07/11 - 03:08 pm
Ranter number two, hope you

Ranter number two, hope you called the person's name and location in to the Sheriff's department, anonymously if you have to. Otherwise, you're just like everyone else. BTW, is it a pre-requisite for working for local government to have a criminal background or a warrant out for your arrest? Knowing the answer to this would save law-abiding job searchers time and trouble of applying if they knew they weren't "qualified" in that way.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/07/11 - 05:40 pm
If AOL can pay $315 million

If AOL can pay $315 million for the Huffington Post, I can pay $6.50 a month for the Chronicle.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/07/11 - 06:25 pm
I never dreamed the

I never dreamed the Huffington Post was worth $315 million...

happychimer
happychimer 02/07/11 - 06:57 pm
justhefacts I do not pay for

justhefacts I do not pay for bank billpay. No hidden charges.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 02/08/11 - 12:16 am
justthefacts, you're correct

justthefacts, you're correct about the "didden costs." Just wait until everyone who doesn't use Atlanta Gaslight Co., learns about how they are making millions of dollars on late charge fees!

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/08/11 - 11:00 am
I didn't figure you would

I didn't figure you would understand happy. I shouldn't have even made the comment.