- Republican Sen. Johnny Isakson will sit with Democrat Sen. Jean Shaheen of New Hampshire.
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., will be next to Virginia Democrat Mark Warner.
- Rep. John Barrow, a Democrat whose district runs from Augusta to part of Savannah, will sit with Rep. Jack Kingston, a Republican from Savannah, and Democratic Rep. Sanford Bishop of Albany.
- Rep. Paul Broun, an Athens Republican, called the seating arrangements a gimmick to fool the television audience into thinking most members of Congress agree with President Obama.
- Republican Rep. Joe Wilson, 2nd District, will sit with Democrats Susan Davis (Calif.) and Madeleine Bordallo (Guam).
- Republican Rep. Jeff Duncan, 3rd District, who is not sitting with a Democrat, said: “When the federal government is 14 trillion dollars in debt, there are more important things to worry about than who you’re sitting with at the State of the Union.”
- Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn, 6th District, will sit with Texas Congressman and Republican Conference Chairman Jeb Hensarling on the center aisle.