Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

RAVES TO DEPUTY SHEPHERD for his bravery in facing an armed burglar alone. However, while on administrative leave, my brother, go to the range and practice your double tap in the 10 ring. It would've saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical, prosecution and incarceration costs.

I'VE BEEN TAKING my blood pressure medication for a long time. It's been $3 a month with my senior discount. I went to get the prescription refilled last week. It's $300. I almost fainted. So, I have to go to my doctor and see if I can get him to change me to another kind. I don't understand what happened. Apparently the insurance companies have changed. I could not believe something went from $3 to $300.

THE CONFEDERATE FLAG is just like Laney-Walker Boulevard. It's part of my heritage and I'm proud of it.

THIS IS A RAVE to Mr. Roberson, our school superintendent, for finding 124 students who could afford to pay for their own meals. I think if he continues his investigation he'll probably be able to find 1,024 students. Keep up the good work, Mr. Roberson.

THIS IS A RANT for all you sidewalk superintendents who think you can do the job better. Get off the back of Sheriff Strength. He does the best he can on a limited budget. You try doing a construction job with a wheelbarrow when you really need a dump truck.

THIS A RANT for the Richmond County government. I suggest getting rid of those who are past Social Security or retirement age. Have just one boss in charge of each department instead of so many straw bosses. ... Have the bosses doing their work instead of putting others in charge of it. Cut out so many cell phones. Use them only for the sheriff's office. I could go on, but this is just a few things that could help Richmond County to get going instead of going broke.

DESPITE ALL THE fancy lingo answers from D.C. politicians who claim we "must" raise the debt ceiling, just remember this: Anybody who owes and says the solution is to up the borrowing is either a crook or an idiot.

I WOULD LIKE to ask all those people who will not use turn signals: Are you too stupid to know what they are there for, or just too lazy to use them?

I AM HOPING Sarah Palin runs for president. ... She simply can't compete with President Obama after that eloquent speech he delivered in Arizona last week. The difference in poise, education and leadership -- well, this man is so far above her realm of intelligence that this election will be another landslide.

carcraft
carcraft 01/24/11 - 05:37 am
To the last poster-yes

To the last poster-yes Presbojangles reads a teleprompter well. He says he isn't worried about the legal action against his health care reform, not even half of the 57 states are against it yet!

shelby547
shelby547 01/24/11 - 07:38 am
Obama didn't have to talk

Obama didn't have to talk about politics and he spoke very well. The minute he has to speak about something that involves the entire nation politically or fiscally he sounds like a buffoon.

carcraft
carcraft 01/24/11 - 09:30 am
Shellby547-When Obama doesn't

Shellby547-When Obama doesn't have a teleprompter he sounds like a buffoon. Have you heard when talked about an asthma inhaler with out the teleprompter. Did you hear the clip from the prepared READ speach for memorial day 2008 in New Mexico. "We are here to honor a long line of fallen heroes, many I see in the audiance here today..."Obama reads well some times. Did you know when Palin was giving her speach at the Republican National convention the teleprompter shut down half way throught it and nobody even knew!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/11 - 09:44 am
You know what....I could care

You know what....I could care less about pretty speeches....give me a leader who can turn the economy in the right direction....put America first...kick butts when he has to....& has the guts to take millions off the freebies in the USA.
Good am USA.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/11 - 09:47 am
I agree the Sheriff needs a

I agree the Sheriff needs a dump truck to get rid of problems.... he probably is doing the best he can with his budget.

stairway2nowhere
stairway2nowhere 01/24/11 - 10:11 am
yep your scripts have gone

yep your scripts have gone through the roof thanks to that awesome new FREE healthcare plan...

strib1
strib1 01/24/11 - 10:20 am
if i rase my debt ceiling i

if i rase my debt ceiling i go further in debt, how is that?? maybe dem or bho can tell me..... the saying is , you aint seen nuthing yet!!!!!!!!! wait until health care kicks in for good and it will be too late...... bho can beat palin but doubt anyone else , i hope not.....

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/24/11 - 10:28 am
Yep, Obama reads a speech,

Yep, Obama reads a speech, that someone else wrote, from a teleprompter, very well. Would somebody please run the Constitution up on that teleprompter so he will take a look at it. I'm sure Sarah Palin would be glad to translate it for him since it is obviously written in a language that he does not understand.

overaugusta
overaugusta 01/24/11 - 10:46 am
your insurance co is no

your insurance co is no longer covering that medication. That's what happened. unfortuantely for many of you, it has nothing to do w "Obamacare". Insurance companies are cutting left and right INCLUDING your precious Medicaid and Medicare prescript coverage. you can either switch to the generic brand that may still be covered or simply change your insurance to one that does cover it. There are also prescription assistance programs through many MD offices and prescription companies. this may require you to do some research.

being angry at Obama for changes in your health plan is like being angry at him for your bank company charging additional fees. now they're being regulated and it's not as easy to make money when you're not trying to get over on the consumer therefore up the fees.

dani
dani 01/24/11 - 10:58 am
Dear Lord, I've been very

Dear Lord, I've been very good today, no grumpy thoughts, no swearing and I haven't been mean at all, but I'm about to get up now and I may need your help.

dani
dani 01/24/11 - 11:01 am
A large, high-pressure

A large, high-pressure insurance company is pushing a cut-rate plan that sounds dee-licious...until you read further and find that it covers none of the medications prescribed for you. Be careful..

dani
dani 01/24/11 - 11:07 am
overaugusta...You are in for

overaugusta...You are in for a huge disappointment if you think conservatives are considering Palin as a presidential candidate. There are far too many good viable candidates that we can campaign for.

Palin's value lies in other places. (but give her the resources of the White House, the speechwriters and the advisors that Obama has and watch her stuff.)

happychimer
happychimer 01/24/11 - 11:09 am
THIS A RANT for the Richmond

THIS A RANT for the Richmond County government. I suggest getting rid of those who are past Social Security or retirement age. Really? Older workers who are still able to work are some of the best workers. They are reliable, experienced, and are wanted and needed workers. I suggest getting rid of you instead of older workers.

carcraft
carcraft 01/24/11 - 11:32 am
Dani- I think Palin would be

Dani- I think Palin would be a very viable canidate in 6 or 10 years. It has taken the Press 24/7, Saturday Night live and Obama to make Palin seem dumb, Obama is so talented he has made himself look dumb all alone!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/11 - 11:35 am

Huge explosion at Russias airport.....possible suicide bomber.......this nonesense never ends.

dani
dani 01/24/11 - 12:25 pm
Could be carcraft, but we

Could be carcraft, but we have better candidates, and the unreasonable concern from the left is hard to fathom.

I like Palin, she is an intelligent, tough lady, but not we need in this political climate.

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/24/11 - 01:05 pm
Is obama and his brood really

Is obama and his brood really so stupid not to even know whan they are being insulted?? What is more telling is the comments made by the chinese people....calling Americans stupid..........

happychimer
happychimer 01/24/11 - 12:46 pm
seenit 35 now dead in that

seenit 35 now dead in that suicide bombing and about 130 wounded. They are calling it a terrorist attack.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/11 - 01:25 pm
HC...Sad about the

HC...Sad about the bombing....now I guess they will beef up security here even more.

betty.....in some ways we are stupid....when we give China our manufacturing plants & then buy everything MADE in China from WallyWorld........i wish we would get a grip on sanity again in this country....it will take more than 1 election to do it though.....congress will have to find out what it feels like to be w/o a job before their sanity kicks in.

dani
dani 01/24/11 - 02:23 pm
Walmart Shooting: 2 Dead, 2

Walmart Shooting: 2 Dead, 2 Deputies Injured After Gunman Opens Fire in Wash. Parking Lot.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/24/11 - 01:59 pm
Overaugusta is more than

Overaugusta is more than right about the health care. Over the last ten years, my monthly health premiums went from about $100 month to almost $400 a month. If you blame Obama for the recent increases, who is to blame previous ones? The services have gone down and list of covered services has diminished. The fear of a government run health care is system is similar to the swine flu epidemic, but I am scared to death I won't have to face my insurer's death panel if I have something they won't cover that is life-threating. Complacency with what we have is not comforting to me. There need to be a fundamental change, the Health Care Act, may or may not be it, but something has to change.....

dani
dani 01/24/11 - 02:26 pm
Regarding China. Talk now is

Regarding China. Talk now is that the Chinese are buying more of our treasury bonds and have bought tons of General Motors stock and to expect within the next 2 years to see us buying GM products that are made in and shipped from China.

Cadence
Cadence 01/24/11 - 04:52 pm
We need Herman Cain for

We need Herman Cain for President.

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/24/11 - 06:17 pm
Regarding the last poster on

Regarding the last poster on R & R, if Obama won by a landslide then thunder curdles milk.

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/24/11 - 06:29 pm
Look back in History...The

Look back in History...The japanese bought all of our scrap metal to build planes and warships...before the bombing of Pearl Harbor........

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/24/11 - 06:33 pm
We need mean ..tough hard men

We need mean ..tough hard men to lead this Country ..not some limp wristed hollywood wannabee (ie barry).....get rid of the "doveys":...and bring on the Hawks!

the kid
the kid 01/24/11 - 06:35 pm
b p med you can think bammy

b p med you can think bammy for his health care overhaul.

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/24/11 - 07:21 pm
bettyboop
bettyboop 01/24/11 - 07:51 pm
LOL...looks like ron

LOL...looks like ron emanuelneverwasteagoodemergency may have a bit of one of his own....( keep up the good work all of you malcontents...we love and need you!!!) The Taking Back Of America is just beginning!!!!

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/24/11 - 07:55 pm
"and yes, if you

"and yes, if you conservatives are banking on Palin for the next presidential election who is going to be her Dick Cheney? 'cus she knows squat. the desperation can't be that bad, can it?"....

Palin does her job.....(pssst lots of money).....................don't talk to a conservative about money cause you dumb libs will lose everytime....

23 charged in drug probes

Twenty-three people have been charged in drug investigations involving a Harrisburg heroin operation and a south Richmond County methamphetamine operation.