Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I was warm in my bed last night and I could hear dogs barking in the neighborhood. Last night the wind chill was in the teens. The fact that they have hair on them does not mean they're warm. ... If you don't want a pet, then don't get one. They're not toys that you kick around and then throw away.

A big rant to the Bell Auditorium. Brian Regan is a very funny man. Thirty-four dollars and fifty cents. They have got to be kidding me. ... And then it's $6, $7, $8 for a beer. No wonder nobody goes downtown. You people are insane.

Your editorial asks, "And why the bizarre hatred of Palin?" Easy answer. The left FEARS Palin. She's from the common people, she worked her way up, she's Christian, she's conservative, and she doesn't run from a fight. While they all claim she's not quite up to snuff intellectually, they know she is; and they're scared to death for her to become president. It's just fear.

Every single U.S. state but Florida now has snow on the ground. (That means 49 states to most of us and 56 states to the geographer Obama.) Has that EVER happened in history? No matter how the socialists skew their fancy "stats" and "models," they can't make the slightest bit of sense out of their "global warming" lie.

Has anybody noticed how often lately politicians talk about their public service? When's the last time you saw an office-holder serving the public rather than serving himself?

I mean, really, if the Union had a snow machine, the Civil War would have been over in a week.

Hey Augusta, has anybody been on Laney Walker lately? What a mess. These businesses have no interest in spending their money to improve it. I say go fir it MCG.

I read that 42 percent of the police officers do not use their seat belts because it interferes with their getting in and out of their vehicle. We have to get in and out of our vehicles. Maybe if they'd lose some of those big stomachs they could get out and in easier.

A giant rave to the Cardiologists, ICU and staff on Ward 5D at the VA Medical Center for the extraordinary care you provided me after my heart attack the Monday before Christmas. I cannot began to call names for fear of missing someone. Your professionalism, care, and thoroughness were beyond the call of duty and rank with the BEST in the country. Thank you and my Heavenly Father for giving me a second chance. Oh yes, I cannot forget "Dr. Brut" for making my mornings so joyous.

Tell us what you think
AmericanRose
AmericanRose 01/17/11 - 04:07 am
49 states had snow, huh. I

49 states had snow, huh. I thought Hawaii was a state, too. So that should be 48 states had snow. Now I could be wrong, but I don't think
so. No comments needed, this was suppose to be funny.

kat30815
kat30815 01/17/11 - 04:18 am
"I read that 42 percent of

"I read that 42 percent of the police officers do not use their seat belts because it interferes with their getting in and out of their vehicle"
Its not an issue of having a big gut. Does this ranter wear a belt carrying 10 to 15 pounds of gear? The belt itself, holster, gun, mace, cuffs, baton, usually 2 ammo magazines, and radio.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 01/17/11 - 06:18 am
Hawaii has (or had) snow at

Hawaii has (or had) snow at the higher elevations

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 01/17/11 - 06:22 am
kf30815 you forgot cell

kf30815 you forgot cell phone. Didn't want to leave that out. Those are
usually glued to their ear. Oh, and maybe cigaretts or a can of soda or sometimes coffee, I have seen them drive with those, too. Don't think I have ever seen any of them with a doughnut though. This is suppose to be funny, too. I am in one of those moods today.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 01/17/11 - 06:24 am
TrukinRanger. During this

TrukinRanger. During this storm, when every other state had snow this
past week. Learn something every day. Thanks.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 01/17/11 - 06:34 am
It seems they always have

It seems they always have snow there in high altitudes. You can even snowboard at Mauna Loa. I googled and saw for myself. WOW

NewHere
NewHere 01/17/11 - 07:57 am
Thanks for that socialist

Thanks for that socialist medicine at the VA hospital.

JustMe
JustMe 01/17/11 - 08:38 am
HI does get snow on the Big

HI does get snow on the Big Island. Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa get snow every winter!! It is beautiful to see in the tropics.

aureliusdios
aureliusdios 01/17/11 - 09:40 am
Yes, I fear the Palin!

Yes, I fear the Palin!

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/17/11 - 10:08 am
I have never before seen the

I have never before seen the irrational fear and hate that the loony left has for Palin.....unless you count the true and real hate and fear most of the Country have for the loon in the White House..........

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/11 - 10:12 am
Why would Palin run for

Why would Palin run for President now... she is making too much money on books--tv shows--speeches...keep on keeping on & she will take it to the bank.....I hope the news media doesn't barbecue Gov. Christie before he has a chance to run...(but they probably will)

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/17/11 - 10:14 am
History will have to record

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Have a peaceful day everyone!

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/17/11 - 10:14 am
Hey countyman and Sheriff,

Hey countyman and Sheriff, can we get a redo on the armed robbery and aggravated assault numbers. I think somebody dropped a decimal point or something.

Burger King robbed at gunpoint

Gunman takes night deposit bag

Witnesses say men tried to rob customer
Deputy shoots break-in suspect

Perception is reality. And these stories are not media hype. Just the AC reporting a typical day in RC. And the deputy gets one atta-boy for shooting the punk thief turned assaulter with a deadly weapon, and two aw-craps that he didn't hit anything vital. More target practice for you young man.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 01/17/11 - 10:17 am
( I was warm )...AMEN!!!

( I was warm )...AMEN!!!

OldschoolGeezer
OldschoolGeezer 01/17/11 - 10:51 am
To those officers who don't

To those officers who don't use their seatbelts-- You have never been in the military. Even in combat locations you are REQUIRED to buckle in. That is why they give you a belt cutter when you deploy. They need to put on a full combat load and see what it is like to have real interferrance. And while we are on the subject of police officers breaking the laws they enforce: I have seen a few that need to go to driver training to learn how to use turnsignals. They are a standard safety item, not a luxury option, to be use when changing lanes as well as turning corners....really burns my butt!!!!

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 01/17/11 - 10:52 am
(Has anybody) Service...WHAT

(Has anybody) Service...WHAT A JOKE!!! The news' media and the public always speak of all the great things our senators have done for our country. They speak of it like they do it for free by using the word SERVICE. They also talk like NO ONE ELSE could have done this. What a crock it's their job, so why do they try to do things to make the public happy? Motive: To keep the cushy, powerful and loaded with perks job. Who would not try to keep such a job??? THEY DON'T DO IT FOR US..THEY DO IT TO KEEP THEIR CUSHY, POWERFUL, LOADED WITH PERKS JOB. SIMPLY PUT (GREED FOR ALL THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION'S) But mostly the greed for POWER AND MONEY. I'm not speaking of their salary, it's all the inside back scratch's that really get them rich!!!

rdbike
rdbike 01/17/11 - 11:04 am
The law enforcement officers

The law enforcement officers attitudes are all the same, the laws they are suppose to enforce are for everyone except themselves and their buddies. They speed when they don't have to, they refuse to use turn signals and they refuse to wear their seatbelts. I say if you catch them in the act photograph them or video them, put it on You Tube, send it to local media or send it to any place online that it can be seen. Force their superior officers to take action of either enforcing the law on the officers or fire them for putting the public at risk.

happychimer
22025
happychimer 01/17/11 - 12:09 pm
The left fears Palin? Now

The left fears Palin? Now that is funny. Is that why the right hates President Obama? Yep that must be it. The right fears him.

fftaz71
fftaz71 01/17/11 - 12:16 pm
While I dont believe anything

While I dont believe anything accumulated, it DID in fact snow in the Tampa Fla area this week...my aunt said it had snowed, but where she lives they didnt get anything.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 01/17/11 - 12:26 pm
dichotomy @9:14 I am 100%

dichotomy @9:14 I am 100% with you. MORE PRACTICE...MORE PRACTICE...MORE PRACTICE...MORE PRACTICE...MORE PRACTICE AND LAST...MORE PRACTICE!!!

OldschoolGeezer
OldschoolGeezer 01/17/11 - 12:48 pm
Re: the offier shooting the

Re: the offier shooting the burgler: On the news they interviews a couple of guys that didn't think he should have shot. I am sure that if they had been in the deputy's shoes they would have done the same thing. The burgler shouldn't have brought a crowbar to a gun fight.

Maybe the deputy is a better shot than we think. The shot to the arm may have been to dislodge the weapon and the one to the chest when he continued to advance. looks like a "justified" shooting to me.

User420
User420 01/17/11 - 01:25 pm
Global Warming causes weather

Global Warming causes weather in BOTH extremes. God do you people ever read or research ANYTHING before you speak???

happychimer
22025
happychimer 01/17/11 - 02:11 pm
User420 no they don't. They

User420 no they don't. They forget the extreme hot summers.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 01/17/11 - 04:34 pm
Hawaii had snow. Florida ( a

Hawaii had snow. Florida ( a state) had no snow.

old49er
old49er 01/17/11 - 06:17 pm
There are 48 contiguous

There are 48 contiguous states and two others, for a total of 50. Also, why do people let their dogs bark all night for no reason? Do they not hear them, or do they just not care if it disturbs their neighbors?

happychimer
22025
happychimer 01/17/11 - 06:41 pm
old49er we use to have that

old49er we use to have that problem with dogs barking at night. I bought some good earplugs, and complained to the dog owners. The earplugs worked, and for at least the past 10 yrs I can't go to sleep without earplugs.

Augusta EEO coordinator fired; HR director quits

The Augusta Commission voted Monday to fire Equal Employment Oppor­tu­nity Coordinator Jacqueline Humphrey and accept the resignation of Human Resources Director Tanika Bryant, adding to ...