Dearing man killed in single-car accident

A 24-year-old McDuffie County man died from injuries he received in a single-car crash Tuesday on U.S. Highway 221 near Harlem.

Trooper 1st Class Matthew MacDonald, of the Georgia State Patrol post in Grovetown, identified the victim as Jacob Carlyle Davis, of Dearing.

Davis lost control of his 1997 Ford Mustang while traveling south and rounding a curve shortly before 3:30 p.m. He overcorrected the steering and went across the other lane of traffic, hit a road sign, overturned and traveled down an embankment, MacDonald said.

The driver, who was wearing a seat belt, received CPR at the scene and while en route to the emergency room of McDuffie Regional Medical Center. Davis was pronounced dead at 4:17 p.m.

It was the second fatal wreck in McDuffie County in just over a week.

bclicious
bclicious 12/28/10 - 11:55 pm
Jacob Carlyle Davis was born,

Jacob Carlyle Davis was born, raised, and lived in Harlem, GA, not Dearing, GA.

With that, Jacob was a great man, and a dear friend and he will be missed. He had his whole life ahead of him. While he was alive he touched so many peoples lives.

He was the full-time Chaplain for the Harlem Department of Public Safety for 2 years.

He was an ordained minister and active in the church.

He was an activist, patriot, and an active volunteer in many organizations throughout the city of Harlem.

He was a 3rd Degree Master Mason in Harlem Lodge #276 with a bright future ahead of him in the blue lodge.

He was a full-time medical student at Augusta Technical College, and was set to graduate.

This is so sad, and I am praying for his soul and his dear mother.

It should be noted that Jacob did not use drugs or alcohol, and that it is believed that he may have swerved to miss a deer.

curly123053
curly123053 12/28/10 - 11:59 pm
Prayers for his family and

Prayers for his family and friends.

bclicious
bclicious 12/29/10 - 12:17 am
Also, Since Jacob was member

Also,

Since Jacob was member of the Harlem Department of Public Safety, I encourage all CSRA police officers to black line their badges as a sign of morning.

usapatriot
usapatriot 12/29/10 - 01:20 am
sounds like a truly fine

sounds like a truly fine young man. it's a shame his community has lost him while slime balls that rob and assault the elderly continue on.

on another note, from a 10 year trucker, hit the deer, dog,cat, coyote. fight your instinct. make a slight manuever or slow, but do not take sharp, sudden action. killing that animal is much better than losing your life or injuring yourself or other motorists.

do try to avoid in the case of cow or horse. they are like impacting another vehicle.

angel4u63
angel4u63 12/29/10 - 07:03 am

Thank you bclicious for your comments..I have known Jacobs family for over 40 years and Jacob was one of the finest young men that I have ever met. This is a terrible tragedy but we never know what tomorrow will hold. God surely took an Angel home when he took Jacob. My prayers go out to Jacobs family especially his mom and sister. God Bless you Davis family..we love you!

stillamazed
stillamazed 12/29/10 - 07:16 am
Bclicious, thank you for your

Bclicious, thank you for your comments about this young man, obits do not usually offer you much information on a person. You must have thought alot of this fine young man and I am sure by your words that he will be truly missed. Prayers go out to all of his family, friends and co-workers.

getalife
getalife 12/29/10 - 02:19 pm
My thoughts and prayers go

My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's family. If you have a deer, dog or any other animals in the highway in front of you and you cannot stop, do not sway either way to miss the animal. An animal will give, whereas a tree does not. Stay in you lane and you stand a better chance of surviving.

mannalee0731
mannalee0731 12/29/10 - 05:08 pm
@bclicious I am a family

@bclicious I am a family friend who has known Jacob all his life. The reason it has him listed as a Mcduffie County resident is that his mother Mrs. Poly has a post office box in Dearng. My prayers go out to his mother who just lost her husband not even a year ago. I was in shock to hear the news of this death. Jacob was a powerful man of God who was awarded by entering the gates of Heaven to be with his Heavenly father!
I will miss seeing Jacob and his wonderful smile. The world lost a great man but Heaven gain a wonderful soul!

galekey
galekey 12/29/10 - 06:00 pm
The loss of Jacob is a very

The loss of Jacob is a very sad. Jacob was such a young man. My heart goes out to Polly, Jacob's sister and his girlfriend. I am so sorry for your loss. I have known the family most of my life. I went to Dearing Full Gospel where Jacob's grandfather was the pastor for a very long time- which is how I met them. We all have a destiny in life and God has plans for each and everyone of us. Apparently Jacob's work here on earth was complete. He touched many people's lives. I read his wall on facebook- and wow what wonderful comments. Prayers going out to everyone impacted by Jacob's homecoming with the lord.
Gale Key