Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

This is for the people who stole my stuff from the back of the moving van. I just want you to know that my entire life is now with you. Things that cannot be replaced. My grandfather built that coffee table with his bare hands. All the pictures of my children from birth to present, my high school years, my family gathering and everything that meant anything to me. My father was my best friend and he is gone. You have all my memories of him. It's Christmas, and you have ruined that for me, my children and my grandchildren. I have no job, no money to buy Christmas, no home to call my own, but I would never think to steal from others.

Why, oh why, do the commercials on TV have to be so loud?

One big thing I would worry about with Neighborhood Watch is ... some of the neighbors! I can tell that there are several sex offenders within a few yards of me. I don't want them watching or knowing anything or anyone of mine.

My rant is for women who should know better. Like a 30-year-old woman I know who has three kids with a guy she has married, divorced, married again, divorced again and is now dating him. She complains constantly about him, is flirting with other women's men and will probably get pregnant again. This guy is her second and fourth marriage, by the way. Please stop being a loser and smarten up and leave other women's men alone! You are shameful. How many marriages does it take you to learn?

I'm one of the people who live in Harrisburg, and I agree about the mail. The mailmen need to stay off the phone and do their jobs. I've never in my life seen a mailman talking on a cell phone and delivering mail to the right mailbox. Every week, I'm getting the wrong mail. This is tiring. It's even interfered with unemployment. I've had an unemployment check get sent to the wrong mailbox.

Hats off to the two Richmond County deputies who pushed a disabled car out of traffic in front of the main post office downtown Monday. They could have sat in their warm cruisers with the blue lights on but they got out in the cold and pushed that heavy vehicle about 50 yards, out of the flow of traffic. Gentlemen, thanks to both of you.

MCG can expand in Augusta only by closing Laney-Walker Boulevard, a major thoroughfare. They have already torn down some neighborhood housing. Perhaps it is better if they expand in Athens rather than in Augusta.

Tell us what you think
TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 12/17/10 - 09:02 am
shelby - a good morning - but

shelby - a good morning - but not to you - I believe you need to go back to bed and get up on the other side of the bed - might enlighten your spirit and cut down on your negative remarks? Merry Christmas to all.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 12/17/10 - 09:11 am
You can receive notifications

You can receive notifications about registered sex offenders in your area by signing up @ http://www.sheriffalerts.com/cap_main.php?office=54747

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 12/17/10 - 09:16 am
LOL @ shelby's Ghetto Blvd!

LOL @ shelby's Ghetto Blvd!

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 12/17/10 - 09:17 am
Come on AC.

Come on AC.

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 12/17/10 - 09:18 am
No wonder this place is so

No wonder this place is so dull, ya'll pull all the good ones.

bettyboop
bettyboop 12/17/10 - 09:21 am
Ok so shelby's comment was

Ok so shelby's comment was removed...I didn't see it but I bet it was concerning the "unemployment check and the chatty mailman?"

bettyboop
bettyboop 12/17/10 - 09:26 am
For rant #1...so sorry that

For rant #1...so sorry that some low-life scum has stolen your memories and ruined Christmas for you..I hope and pray that you get you property back and that the scum is buried under the jail.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 09:25 am
Go to your local post office

Go to your local post office & talk with the supervisor......mail going to the wrong box can be a BEEEG problem.
I'm sorry for the moving van loss....sad that someone could be so desperate. Some things can't be replaced. :(
Good am to all----hope we warm up some today!

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 12/17/10 - 09:25 am
dear ranter #7, lets see you

dear ranter #7, lets see you are complaining that mcg want to close off laney walker to expand and they have already acquired gilbert manor...hmmm so it seems you would rather have gov't housing projects with its crime, drugs, non-producers who are continious drain of society which doen't offer or contribute much if anything to the local economy as opposed to a major medical univerisity by expanding will be able to attract more student who will in turn spend money in the local economy thru renting, food purchases, purchases at the local mall and stores, gas or othe consumer items which in it's small way will help maintain or increase jobs in the area...it is my guess you are one of those who lived in "project housing" and would rather continue to do so than work and contribute to society

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 09:26 am
betty....as usual we think

betty....as usual we think alike. :O)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 09:33 am

I want to dedicate this song to the "bossman" at the "other" site.
Big Boss Man!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 09:37 am
No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 12/17/10 - 09:40 am
"Why, oh why, do the

"Why, oh why, do the commercials on TV have to be so loud?" - they won't be much longer. Take a look @ http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/2010/12/15/eshoos-tv-ad-volume-bill-is-s...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 09:45 am
momster59
momster59 12/17/10 - 09:49 am
#1 - I'm very sorry you're

#1 - I'm very sorry you're going through this. They may have stolen your physical belongings, but they can't rob you of your valuable memories. Cherish them.
#2 - so you can hear their pitch when you leave the room to go to the bathroom
#3 - wow, the AC is grasping for comments. Your neighbors are thinking the same thing about you.
#4 - hahaha New reality show, Hootchie Wives of AUG. Boy AC, when you actually print this in the R&Rs you're showing just how low you've really sunk.
#5 - Maybe the carrier is just trying to get you to know your neighbors better. Seriously I feel your pain. I dread my regular carrier being out for any reason because when he is I get to meet new neighbors as I give them their mail.
#6 - It's good to see people who have a good work ethic. You do the same.
#7 - I think I'll sit back and let lifelongresident handle this one.

AC, seriously, not only has the quality of the writing and the news gone down, but the R&Rs posted here today show just how low you've gone. I remember when your paper was worth reading.

momster59
momster59 12/17/10 - 09:52 am
Big shout out to Sean, I'm

Big shout out to Sean, I'm sure you don't miss my mess, Boo.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 09:53 am
moms.....It is still worth

moms.....It is still worth reading to me. :O)

momster59
momster59 12/17/10 - 10:05 am
Seenit, other sources provide

Seenit, other sources provide more timely, more accurate information that is better written. If AC gets their game on, people will seek them out again. Extremely biased and slanted editorials, using divisive tactics, poorly written news stories, lack of proper information in those stories have all been part of the current AC. I will return to being a regular reader when I see these problems have been addressed. Until then, I get my actual news from other sources and come here occasionally out of nostalgia to play.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 10:14 am
Yes the AC does have a

Yes the AC does have a "slant" I will agree----but hey....show me perfection & I'll eat it...just funning moms.....I know you have other things on your mind.....wish you luck. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/17/10 - 10:34 am

To all my gun guys....:)
Life can be strange.

strib1
strib1 12/17/10 - 10:36 am
better be glad we have mcg

better be glad we have mcg and the rest of the health care people its nice to have them so close , i think. they cant please everybody tho.

dani
dani 12/17/10 - 11:00 am
I love to hear the sound of

I love to hear the sound of the AC hitting my driveway every morning. The paper and a cup of coffee and I am ready for whatever the day brings. I take the good with the bad..sometimes people can be boring, too.

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 12/17/10 - 11:04 am
Last ranter: You are out of

Last ranter: You are out of your mind if you think it would be better for MCG to expand in Athens than in Augusta. I know that no one wants their house to be knocked down, or to be inconvenienced by a permanent road closing, but try to imagine the jobs the new construction would bring, the jobs the expanded campus would bring, and the positive impact of more doctors in America (we're going to be facing a major shortage soon).

Here's a map of Laney Walker near MCG:

As best as I can tell, closing Laney Walker between 15th and R.A. Dent Blvd would only re-route traffic, it would not directly affect any residential area. Am I the only one who can understand why MCG might not want to have a major thoroughfare running right through it's campus?

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/17/10 - 11:08 am
Please get used to using

Please get used to using email and direct deposit, the USPS is sinking and the employees talking on their cell phones do NOT care! They'll be the FIRST to complain when they get laid-off, too!

mommie2
mommie2 12/17/10 - 11:20 am
While the first rant is

While the first rant is heartbreaking, I have to wonder: if he has no job, no home, no money....how did he send the rant in?

dani
dani 12/17/10 - 11:22 am
Hey, we had a great postman.

Hey, we had a great postman. He knew all of us. Always exchanged a few words when he saw you outside. Never, ever got the wrong mail. (well, maybe). Residents complained because they were getting their mail (perhaps they were expecting a check, I just get bills) at 3:30 and 4:00 and he was replaced. We have had a mess since.
Sometimes we ought to leave well enough alone.

happychimer
happychimer 12/17/10 - 11:56 am
Yesterday I was in line at

Yesterday I was in line at the post office at Wrightsboro Rd./Jackson Rd. The line was long, and curled around inside. There were 3 workers waiting on people, and not one of them was on a cellphone. They talked with each customer, smiled, and asked if there was anything else they could do for them.

happychimer
happychimer 12/17/10 - 12:00 pm
I do have one complaint about

I do have one complaint about the mail. The postman puts the mail all the way in the back of the mailbox where I can't reach it when I drive up to the box. I now keep something in the car to drag the mail to the front of the box.

happychimer
happychimer 12/17/10 - 12:05 pm
I remember when I could leave

I remember when I could leave money for stamps in my mail box. The postman told me to leave the change and letter, and he would put the stamp on it. I did that for yrs. That was before computers and free long distance phone bills. I wrote letters every week, especially to my parents.

ya-ya
ya-ya 12/17/10 - 12:42 pm
happychimer, remember when

happychimer, remember when you could leave your front door unlocked without having to worry about being the next victim of a home invasion? Yeah those were the days......