Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A big rave for Doneane Williams and her quest for life. She is an inspiration to all of us. She certainly has shown that determination and a "can do" attitude can achieve amazing results

Headline: "Bobby Jindal: Make Congress part time." Great idea! The Founding Fathers set up the original Congress to operate for only a few weeks every other year. It stayed that way a good while. Then somebody invented air conditioning and by then congressmen/senators had grown their egos enough to move to D.C. and actually live there more than in their home districts/states. Thus, what we have now is a Congress that represents the District of Columbia. They stopped representing us years ago.

The media is so quick to talk about jobs created in the Augusta area. A year or two ago there was a big buzz about the new Verizon call service center and how it will employ hundreds. Why doesn't the media talk about it now? Hours cut down to sometimes 30 minutes a day, workers quitting because they can't afford to drive to Augusta for a one-hour paycheck, only a skeleton salary crew running the show.

What this country really needs is a president who doesn't pardon the turkey.

Never thought that I would shout out a rave to Sarah Palin but when she put the blame for the economy on the past administration, I wanted to shout hooray even though I still won't vote for "nutsy ."

There is a "shortage of school bus drivers" in Richmond County. With such high unemployment, how can it be that people aren't flocking to those jobs? Can it be that Americans have already become so worthless, they'd rather take a government handout than take a government job?

Carjackings at Augusta Mall, stabbings in front of Best Buy, two girls shot dead and dumped, a man shot in the face. This whole town will look as prosperous as Detroit in no time at all.

Tell us what you think
omnomnom
omnomnom 12/03/10 - 03:27 am
ranter 2, yes yes. and i

ranter 2, yes yes. and i believe it would help reduce the numer of 'career politicians' if they received a salary equal to the average of their respective state. (phat chance of either of those being passed by said legislative body)

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/03/10 - 06:18 am
ranter 3, seriously! i wonder

ranter 3, seriously! i wonder if theres some kinda sado-masochist shut-up-don't-say-it shenanegans between the two of them. camp swampy oughta get BRAC'd

carcraft
carcraft 12/03/10 - 06:35 am
#6- No you want vote for

#6- No you want vote for "nutsy" but you will vote for wealth redistributing, inexperianced community organizer, who you don't really know about his college record or his record as a state Senator from Illinios?

Jackson
Jackson 12/03/10 - 08:13 am
Maybe the Turkey should

Maybe the Turkey should pardon the President.

usafvet
usafvet 12/03/10 - 08:44 am
Ease up on #6 a little

Ease up on #6 a little Carcraft. A lot of idiots assisted in electing the narcissistic, socialist, community organizer to his position of dictatorship.

justfred
justfred 12/03/10 - 08:51 am
Just keep moving....nothing

Just keep moving....nothing to see here

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:31 am
Yeh Fred...ya better keep

Yeh Fred...ya better keep moving with all the arrows headed your way...I'll try to take some but ya gotta step up to the plate man....you can do it! ,......Good am Augusta.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:32 am

I knew it....GOB read this pleeeze.....make that brain work like it did when you were 35....:)

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 12/03/10 - 09:33 am
I used to read comics as a

I used to read comics as a child and remember the Beetle Baily cartoon. Because the strip has been running 60 years I think its safe to say that the writer knows what he's doing, but to make you happy here is a sample of them as buddies...

Baily: Nice day Sgt.
Sgt. Snorkle: Why yes it is Baily.
Baily: How's the family?
Sgt. Snorkle: Good, good........ Yours?
Baily: Fine, fine.....
Sgt. Snorkle: Would you look at the time? I gotta run.
Baily: See you later.
Sgt. Snorkle: Take care.

My.... That WAS fun wasn't it?!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:35 am
Sarah Palin "nutsy" ???? HEY

Sarah Palin "nutsy" ???? HEY man....wish I could mak the millions she's making now...she is milking this attention as far as she can....making $$$
Don't want her as President but I give the woman credit though for turning around the haters & making dough off of the tv media......they USED her & MADE a fool of her....now it's her turn.....I would say she is dimmmmm smart!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:43 am

This is for all of my "youtube" fans (in the thousands) since some want MORE!!

here it is ...just for ya---Bring it on baby!! :o)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/03/10 - 09:50 am
My take on r/r today. 1.

My take on r/r today.

1. Who?

2. Yep

3. It’s a friggin comic strip.

4. countyman said they couldn’t publish anything negative about the local economy.

5. Yep, bake the bird

6. I agree with her but won’t vote for her. Ya gotta wonder what color that dog is.

7. Yes they have.

8. But Detroit is a major city, isn’t that what we want to be?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:50 am
Heat & ac in congress?? Hey

Heat & ac in congress?? Hey , that gives me an idea----why not turn OFF the heat & ac untill they can work together & bring some FACTORIES BACK---get taxes right----STOP giving away $$$ to loafers..& give congress the SAME health care they're giving us!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:52 am
But RK....South Augusta in

But RK....South Augusta in certain areas is another Detroit.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:57 am
Why don't folks flock to the

Why don't folks flock to the school bus jobs??
Well maybe because they treat the drivers LIKE DIRT
The pay stinks!
The kids misbehave
Get the pay right & give these drivers some RESPECT......they after all hauling YOUR spoiled kiddies around----ya better hope they are in a good mood....I for one would toss some baddies off the bus.
Be thankful I don't go for the job.....or you could be picking up junior at the police station where I dropped him off!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 09:59 am
Yeh...youtube BACK!!!

Yeh...youtube BACK!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/03/10 - 10:05 am
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/03/10 - 10:26 am
Kudos the the current White

Kudos the the current White House resident. Under his leadership unemployment only rose .2% last month. How is that stimulus working?

mable8
mable8 12/03/10 - 11:10 am
Ranter: "I have read the

Ranter: "I have read the comics almost all my life and one of the things that gets me is what goes on with Beetle Bailey and the abuse he takes from Sgt. Snorkel. It is time to put that to rest and let there be peace between them and stop the fighting. Set an example of peace between them and let them work together. If not, send them to Korea and let them fight against the communists." If you don't like Beetle and the Sarge, don't read it. Beetle and the Sarge present a satire on life in general....and there's nothing wrong with that. People need to laugh at their foolish mistakes and the underdog has the right to get the upper hand once in a while (which Beetle does very well thank you). You take yourself too seriously; relax.

etlinks
etlinks 12/03/10 - 11:39 am
If the GA. bus cdl is like SC

If the GA. bus cdl is like SC then you must be finger printed and a security investigation performed. This may scare some folks if you know what I mean.

Boogaloo
Boogaloo 12/03/10 - 12:20 pm
I always preferred Sad Sack

I always preferred Sad Sack to Beetle Bailey.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/03/10 - 09:17 pm
So, the AC is going to charge

So, the AC is going to charge to use this site, but they delete posts giving infor on free sites. What happened to the 1st amendment? If I pay to use this place, can I say what I want to?

happychimer
happychimer 12/03/10 - 10:41 pm
Football FINALLY makes

Football FINALLY makes sense...........
A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience.

'Oh, I really liked it,' she replied, 'especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents.'

Dumbfounded, her date asked, 'What do you mean?'

'Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!

KSL
KSL 12/03/10 - 10:46 pm
Funny, HC. That's a good one.

Funny, HC. That's a good one.

happychimer
happychimer 12/03/10 - 10:50 pm
My husband's cousin sent that

My husband's cousin sent that one.We laughed and laughed.

KSL
KSL 12/03/10 - 11:40 pm
She sent great emails, as I

She sent great emails, as I remember.

happychimer
happychimer 12/04/10 - 12:03 am
You must be thinking of my

You must be thinking of my husband's sister. Their cousin also sends great email.He especially likes to send blonde jokes.

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...