Rants & Raves

When the 112th Congress meets in January to discuss tax cuts, health care, treaties, etc., important issues may be put on hold until members can resolve an 1837 House Rule barring members from wearing hats inside the chamber when doing the people's business. Apparently incoming new Congresswoman Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) has said barring her from wearing her signature hats on the floor is "sexist" and discriminates against her. Let the 112th Congressional battles begin.

Parking downtown is a hassle! A beautiful 90,000-square-foot library was built with less parking than what was available at the old library building. What will library patrons do when the old library is used for something else? Why not demolish the old Talking Book Center building since it is sitting there rotting? Is it too much to ask the city leaders to use a little common sense? How can you attract more people to the downtown Augusta area with NO places to park?

I grew up in southern Louisiana, and down there we had a pretty bad reputation for stinky local politics. But since moving here to Augusta, I have to say y'all take the cake.

Iran blames Israel for "a pair of daring bomb attacks that killed one nuclear scientist and wounded another in...Tehran..." It couldn't have been Israel, or both would have been killed.

What comes after millions, billions and trillions in government debt? COLLAPSE!

A rant to Richmond County Sheriff's Department: If you're going to pay the deputies to direct traffic at Fort Gordon Gates 1 & 2, it would be helpful for them to GET OUT OF THEIR CAR and do just that! Sitting there watching people run red lights isn't doing anything! They might as well just be sleeping in their patrol cars ... and maybe they are!

This is a rant for all you men out there that have those loud mufflers on your trucks or cars. Guess what? Nobody wants to hear that except you, especially at 6 in the morning when you drive through the neighborhoods. So, to keep from disturbing other people, get a CD of that noise and play it to yourself - over and over!

My condolences go out to the families of the two young girls who were brutally murdered on Thanksgiving. It takes real men to kill two defenseless teenage girls. And it will take a real man to man up and lead the police to them so they can be gotten off the streets and put behind bars - hopefully to never breathe another breath of freedom.

justfred
justfred 12/01/10 - 08:43 am
Man, the comments have

Man, the comments have finally dwindled to nothing. Perhaps mean spirited attacks were allowed to go unabated far too long. Good job AC

usafvet
usafvet 12/01/10 - 08:44 am
The "D" by the name implies

The "D" by the name implies more than simply democrat.

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 12/01/10 - 08:57 am
Those comments were the main

Those comments were the main attraction for many. It was the willie nelson flirting crowd that ended a good thing. Be proud!

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 12/01/10 - 08:57 am
1. Who cares about her

1. Who cares about her hats?
2. Who cares about the new library?
3. Who cares where you grew up?
4. Iran blames Israel for everything, whats new?
5. As long as there is government there will be debt.
6. Maybe the deputies are just there to be witnesses in case there is an accident.
7. Loud mufflers make vehicles more efficient be lowering the exhaust restrictions created by government mandated emmisions standards. Think of it as being green, hillbilly style.
8. I agree.

Wow, these were some weak R&Rs this morning.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/10 - 09:22 am
The willienelson "flirting

The willienelson "flirting club" !!! surely you jest----if any one THINKS people tune in for back handed evil attacks they might need a wakeup call..........hello-hello......AC will keep on trucking with or w/o the flirts & "bad" boys!!!
As the saying goes "ONE MONKEY DOESN'T RUN THIS SHOW"
Good am Augusta & especially wn club!

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/01/10 - 09:33 am
I think people's preference

I think people's preference of the "bad boys" over the "flirting club" is evidenced by the number of the posts or lack there of.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/10 - 09:42 am
Not really JTF......other

Not really JTF......other forums with more freedom have taken some comments.........this is still a lively joint with many subjects to comment on. The r&r is only a small part of MANY threads.
Just like I said B4----1 monkey won't make or break this place----:O)

dani
dani 12/01/10 - 09:42 am
As to the congresswoman - how

As to the congresswoman - how far do we go. Is the woman saying she can't do the peoples work without a hat..
The "D" after her name is deserved I think..

usafvet
usafvet 12/01/10 - 09:46 am
Who said Seenit was bashful?

Who said Seenit was bashful? Good morning Seenit. Know its a bad day for you.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/01/10 - 09:54 am
seenit, we'll just have to

seenit, we'll just have to disagree. This site used to produce four to five hundred post a day. Now, if you get 40 it is huge. It is boring..sorry, just the truth.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/10 - 09:55 am
Thanks vet.... To all animal

Thanks vet....
To all animal lovers----we lost a beloved pet yesterday....old age finally took him to doggie heaven......I have the sweet memories & the love he gave to always cherish..
If only people could learn a few tricks from animals ....what a great world this could be. :)

momster59
momster59 12/01/10 - 10:16 am
seenit - I lost my beloved

seenit - I lost my beloved pet last week. This is for both our babies.

momster59
momster59 12/01/10 - 10:20 am
justthefacts - yes there were

justthefacts - yes there were a lot more posts. The loss of posters is due to certain people being banned for mean spirited attacks, people being chastised for being "off topic", posts being pulled without explanation and others going to alternative sites. Good or bad? I do not miss the mean spirited attacks, but found the "off topic" bantering entertaining.

Trouble
Trouble 12/01/10 - 10:51 am
i gotta agree with

i gotta agree with justthefacts, and im thinking the dead board proves the point rather well..............

Trouble
Trouble 12/01/10 - 10:54 am
hmmmmm, "one monkey wont make

hmmmmm, "one monkey wont make or break this place"......maybe not, but you get a lot of bunnies together and i bet they can bore everyone away till it looks broken.........

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/10 - 11:03 am
One thing for sure

One thing for sure trouble....if you hang around we won't be bored!
:o)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/10 - 11:11 am

I'll make this prediction for the r&r----I could play together again....
it will probably take a real "doctor" to HEAL--achy breaky hearts!
seeya later follks.

Trouble
Trouble 12/01/10 - 11:13 am
seenit, the only reason i

seenit, the only reason i read these things anymore is because i am having problems falling asleep, it solves that problem rather nicely...........

Trouble
Trouble 12/01/10 - 11:19 am
it is not my goal to single

it is not my goal to single handedly revive this board, i find the fools much more entertaining anyways...........

Jane18
Jane18 12/01/10 - 11:39 am
Re:rant #2. I have said this

Re:rant #2. I have said this time and time again- there IS NOT any common sense in government thinking and doing. They do not care one iota what you and I think, that's why they need to be replaced --often!

urright
urright 12/01/10 - 12:24 pm
I got a stern e-mail

I got a stern e-mail yesterday for asking if someone was related to a criminal I called a moron. It's becoming no fun to write or even read these things if your posts can be removed for something that trivial. (It was a sincere question considering the guy has relatives in Augusta.)
Some people can call me a racist, but if I ask if they are related to a person I believe is a moron, it gets removed. WTH? (Heck! It stands for heck!)

MysteryWriter
MysteryWriter 12/01/10 - 12:56 pm
Just my humble opinion...wait

Just my humble opinion...wait until the months before the next major election and you'll have the hundreds of posts from people bashing one candidate or another as well as anyone who happens to disagree with them. Or the next round of city employee furloughs when RCSO and AFD whine about how unfair it is they be included and the lowly 'paper-pushers' at the Marble Palace should be forced to take up the slack.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/01/10 - 01:26 pm
Rant # 7: Take off those

Rant # 7: Take off those rose tinted glasses and smell the roses!

StartingOver
StartingOver 12/01/10 - 01:41 pm
So according to the AC, we

So according to the AC, we have to stay on topic of the few R&R comments they chose to print today? And when the comments are lame to begin with and we follow a much more interesting trail, the comments could be removed? I'm sensing a loss of entertainment value here.

StartingOver
StartingOver 12/01/10 - 01:43 pm
My rant is to those posters

My rant is to those posters who feel the need to reply to every single R&R with numbered lists. No one has a comment worth reading on every topic! Maybe people stopped reading and contributing because of this type of behavior?

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 12/01/10 - 02:22 pm
#1-Your off topic,

#1-Your off topic, StartingOver!

PWRSPD
PWRSPD 12/01/10 - 02:24 pm
#2-Used to be funny as hell,

#2-Used to be funny as hell, a few unhappy folks ruined it.

dani
dani 12/01/10 - 02:32 pm
You will have to admit that a

You will have to admit that a great number of folks felt left out when the personal stuff was going on - and they whined . The whiners could easily have just skipped over it but maybe that was too much trouble for them. Life goes in cycles and so will this.

momster59
momster59 12/01/10 - 02:34 pm
Starting over - if you don't

Starting over - if you don't like to read the numbered posts commenting on every R&R then just don't read them.

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/01/10 - 04:16 pm
I got flagged by another

I got flagged by another poster for making an "insulting" remark about Lowell Greenbaum, D. His letters to the editor always need adjustment.

Nuke supplier agrees to changes after cheating

ATLANTA - A manufacturer making parts for two nuclear plants in the Southeast has promised to better train its employees after investigators accused three workers of cheating on a qualification ...