Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT TO COLUMBIA COUNTY. I understand the need for speed bumps in neighborhoods. However, I think you seriously overdid it with my neighborhood. I have to go over 10 speed bumps to get out of one entrance. I've lived in this house for 27 years, I walk daily and I've never seen any speeders. We did just fine without them. Not arguing against them. I just think there are WAY too many WAY too close together.

THE RANTS by Lori Davis on Harrisburg have caused an increase in drug traffic in the area.

IF YOU ARE TOO afraid to go to the Augusta Mall then I suggest you move to Disney World.

WHAT'S WITH THE "news" media? A month ago they were all over a mine catastrophe in Chile. Now a similarly dangerous mine problem in New Zealand and hardly a word. Does the media like Chile but not New Zealand? What's the difference?

NORTH KOREA ATTACKS and what does Obama do? He "sought to build diplomatic pressure on the North..." The North is a country of dying/starving people who are under the heel of a self-deluded maniac. How does one put pressure on a people who cannot be pressured any more than their own leader does?

BIG, FRONT-PAGE HEADLINE: "It's already looking like Christmas," but not once is the name Jesus used in the story. Without Jesus, there IS NO CHRISTMAS!

ALL LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT are now controlled by incompetent boobs, e.g., whoever runs the Coliseum Authority hired a private company to sell tickets, etc., then promised that company "incentive pay." That is totally absurd. A private company is supposed to do such a good job that it earns whatever piece of the action it originally agreed to. The headline should read: "Richmond taxpayers got snookered again."

WACHOVIA IN North Augusta has got to be the slowest branch in the CSRA. It's ridiculous.

GRIFFIN, GA., HAS A clock just like the clock down on Broad Street. Maybe the gentlemen there that can keep it running could fix the one in Augusta.

I LOVE AND HONOR the Brown family for what they have done for decades. But they should have more respect for themselves and more respect and honorability for their father than to air their dirty laundry about feuding between theirselves about the estate, especially in a time like this.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT right. Lord's Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance need to be back in all school. Plus, the heck with Korea. It's something that goes on all the time.

Tell us what you think
paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 11/27/10 - 03:31 am
Actually, Christmas was

Actually, Christmas was originally a pagan holidaycelebrating the start of winter. When Christianity spread, many pagan holidays, including Christmas and Easter, were incorporated to facilitate a transition from the pagan religions to christianity. I understand what you are getting at though, and I kind of agree. Just please understand that Christianity was not the beginning of all holidays.
James Brown was not an honorable man until llater on in his life. When he was younger, he made MANY mistakes that cannot possibly be deemed honorable. But, we are all young and foolish at some point in our lives and most of us, including Mr. Brown, move past those mistakes to make a good impact upon society.

the kid
the kid 11/27/10 - 05:51 am
everyone should start saying

everyone should start saying MERRY CHRISTMAS again.

tabbit
tabbit 11/27/10 - 06:22 am
ranter 1 must live on broad

ranter 1 must live on broad oak rd its less than a mile long and has 10 speed bumps i know i live in the middle if someone wants to fly up that road as curvy as it is they deserve to end up in the woods!!!!!!!!

TeamLoser
TeamLoser 11/27/10 - 07:08 am
Well during the last holiday

Well during the last holiday season I walked down to the mall before, I was forced to empty my pockets, be searched, accused of a number of things, and held for 30 minutes, but that was by RCSO.

fftaz71
fftaz71 11/27/10 - 08:30 am
The Chilean miners all lived,

The Chilean miners all lived, sadly that is not true of the New Zealand miners where 29 are dead. The difference between the two is that one is a recovery operation and the other was a rescue which had pretty much never been attempted before.
Regarding N. Korea, its political posturing by Kim Jung Il's son, Kim Jung Un who will be the new leader of N. Korea. Its been going on for years over there. The use of ordinance was a bit out of the ordinary though. We are wise to not retaliate with S. Korea at this point- Obama got this one right.

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/27/10 - 08:43 am
Nice comment, fftaz71.

Nice comment, fftaz71.

Techfan
Techfan 11/27/10 - 09:04 am
"College football scoreboard

"College football scoreboard for front and sports (do not delete)" Great headline AC.

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 11/27/10 - 09:27 am
I do say"MERRY

I do say"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
it's my right if you don't like it too bad....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/27/10 - 10:26 am
Too many speed bumps give me

Too many speed bumps give me a headache too.....but you do need some.......Augusta Mall needs to nip it in the bud---more security--more guards.....make it safe for women to shop....Regency didn't learn the lesson soon enough..nip it-nip it-----
Good am Augusta-----Merry Christmas

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/27/10 - 10:46 am
TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 11/27/10 - 10:56 am
49% right. The Lord's Prayer

49% right. The Lord's Prayer should stay in church & homes. The Pledge of Allegiance should be said in school- in it's original form.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/27/10 - 11:17 am
B4, GM and thanks, I'm here

B4, GM and thanks, I'm here but someplace else.

daphne3520
daphne3520 11/27/10 - 11:41 am
Rant 8: I agree 1001%!!!! I

Rant 8: I agree 1001%!!!! I have accouns there and when I need money, I goto wally world, buy a candy bar and get 60.00 change. Wachovia, nee Wells-Fargo execs are too busy chasing secretaries and smoking Chobia cigars on the gold course to worry about accomodating the customer. On another note, Tony, Diane, Stacy and all the staff there are first class! Thats my ho. (as in humble opinion, NOT female!)

happychimer
happychimer 11/27/10 - 12:13 pm
The Wells Fargo in Daniel

The Wells Fargo in Daniel Village Shopping Center has good service. I like their walk up atm machine. I feel safe there.

dani
dani 11/27/10 - 12:25 pm
Me too, Happy..

Me too, Happy..

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/27/10 - 12:36 pm
happychimer
happychimer 11/27/10 - 01:09 pm
dani the area there at the

dani the area there at the bank is busy most of the time, with people walking in and out of businesses.It is not isolated.

Farnsworth
Farnsworth 11/27/10 - 01:14 pm
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT right.

--------

Um No. Pledge of Allegiance is fine but you cannot force The Lords prayer on all students. Do you Christians realize there are people out there...WHO LIVE HERE...who aren't of your faith? If we include the Lord's prayer then we'll have to include prayers for all religions...even Satanists. If your child wants to pray let them do it during the morning moments of silence because that's what those are intended for. You cannot force your religious will on everyone. Stop trying.

What4
What4 11/27/10 - 02:47 pm
Recipe for disaster: Take

Recipe for disaster: Take one pitiful bank, Wacovia; blend with a mortgage company, Wells Fargo; had a heaping helping of poor training on the Wells Fargo software (for banking??) and voila` you get the new: WELLS ESCARGOT BANK.

happychimer
happychimer 11/27/10 - 03:03 pm
We had no problems with

We had no problems with Wachovia, and have had no problem with Wells Fargo.

booble
booble 11/27/10 - 04:57 pm
WOW!!!! What has happened to

WOW!!!! What has happened to the AC? R & R ? This CAN'T be the same forum!!!!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/27/10 - 05:05 pm
My Wachovia/Fargo branch in

My Wachovia/Fargo branch in Martinez lately has had such poor customer service that I believe I will move to Queensborough. I am not the only regular customer who is dissatisfied. I have spoken with others that I recognize from the branch and they like me say that the service is pathetic.

KNECKBONE
KNECKBONE 11/27/10 - 05:14 pm
HAVE JULY 25 AS ANOTHER

HAVE JULY 25 AS ANOTHER CHRISTMAS IN MIDDLE OF THE YEAR ,HELP ECONOMY

TeamLoser
TeamLoser 11/27/10 - 05:35 pm
Wachovia always seemed to

Wachovia always seemed to have long lines when I went there. I use Georgia Bank & Trust, never have long lines there.

truth_be_told
truth_be_told 11/27/10 - 07:32 pm
Why go to a bank at all???

Why go to a bank at all??? If you are there regularly then you are the problem, not the bank.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/27/10 - 09:16 pm
SB4 said;

SB4 said; "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdariVycKEQ

For my gun guys---Vet-Cobalt-Sarge"
_________________________

Sarge says; Thanks darlin! Nothing like a good ole pickin and grinnin!

KSL
KSL 11/27/10 - 11:55 pm
I have accounts at 4

I have accounts at 4 different banks, both large banks and local. I have never had a problem with any of them.

KSL
KSL 11/27/10 - 11:55 pm
I have accounts at 4

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/28/10 - 01:22 am
About 11:30pm a lady was held

About 11:30pm a lady was held up at gunpoint at the Wells Fargo/Wachovia ATM on Center West Parkway. Normal suspects' descriptions. No shots were fired.

crackerjack
crackerjack 11/28/10 - 05:16 am
To all the posters on the

To all the posters on the Rants and Raves A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Here is a Christmas poem for you.

Twas the month before Christmas

When all through our land,

Not a Christian was praying

Nor taking a stand.

See the PC Police had taken away

The reason for Christmas - no one could say.

The children were told by their schools not to sing

About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.

It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say

December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit

Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!

CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-Pod

Something was changing, something quite odd!

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa

In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

As Targets were hanging their trees upside down

At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.

At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears

You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty

Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen

On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!

At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter

To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.

And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith

Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded

The reason for the season, stopped before it started.

So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'

Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say

Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,

not Happy Holiday!

Please, all Christians join together and

wish everyone you meet a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christ is The Reason' for the Christ-mas Season!