Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

RAVE FOR THE USA. This Thanksgiving I am thankful to live in a country where I am free and opportunity abounds. Let's just do our best to keep it.

I WOULD LIKE to thank my father, 88 years old, who passed away Nov. 3. Dad, thank you for a fine life and being a fine father. From a fellow veteran, your son Jim. I love you. Take care.

THIS IS A RAVE for the two gentlemen on Peach Orchard Road who stopped and helped my husband and daughter put the wood into our truck. It's good to know that there are still kind people in the world. God bless you both.

A HUGE RAVE to the Augusta Richmond County Historical Society for commissioning filmmaker Mark Albertin to produce War Stories -- Augusta Area Veterans Remember World War II . It is a treasured tribute.

A RAVE FOR Richmond County Deputy Ronnie Phillips for saving a man's life at Kmart North Augusta while doing some off-duty shopping. That CPR class really paid off for someone. Great job!

I'M GLAD TO be an American. I'm glad to live in Aiken.

A WONDERFUL RAVE for the young lady, Betsy, who calls bingo at the Evans McDonald's on Thursday mornings. She is just wonderful, and all of us love her.

SUPER RAVE FOR a nice woman at Fort Gordon (didn't get your name) who found my wallet in the parking lot at the PX. Now I know that there are still some wonderful honest people out here. Thanks again. You will get it back tenfold.

THIS IS A RAVE for two Fort Gordon soldiers, Spcs. Ivey and Story. They came to my aid when I was trying to fix a flat and could not get the lugs off. During their lunch hour they stopped by my truck, they came over, were able to get the lugs off and crawled under my truck and put the jack on. They went so far as to change my tire. What a nice pair of people they were. Their parents should be proud of them for the way they have been raised. They speak highly for the service people out at Fort Gordon, also. I asked them if I might treat them to a lunch, and they declined. What a nice couple of young soldiers they are. Again, a public rave to these two young people.

Tell us what you think
gijoe7898
gijoe7898 11/25/10 - 12:50 am
What a wonderful change of

What a wonderful change of pace.

the kid
the kid 11/25/10 - 05:32 am
happy thanksgiving too all.

happy thanksgiving too all.

bclicious
bclicious 11/25/10 - 07:18 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all and

Happy Thanksgiving to all and let to today be declared a rant free day for one and all!!!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/25/10 - 07:53 am
I hope everyone has a happy

I hope everyone has a happy and joyous Thanksgiving with family and friends.

etlinks
20257
etlinks 11/25/10 - 08:30 am
Positive comments,wonderfull,

Positive comments,wonderfull, a happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

1313 11/25/10 - 08:33 am
What this country really

What this country really needs is a President who doesn't pardon the turkey.

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/25/10 - 08:43 am
I'd settle for one that isn't

I'd settle for one that isn't one.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/25/10 - 08:49 am
The other news outlets are

The other news outlets are reporting a double homicide in Augusta. Two women's bodies were found in an alley off Laney-Walker. It's a shame Augusta can't even get through a holiday without some kind of violence.

nadps53jrt
nadps53jrt 11/25/10 - 09:17 am
great to see no rants this

great to see no rants this morning Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!!!

raul
raul 11/25/10 - 09:17 am
@Overburdened. RC homicide

@Overburdened. RC homicide detectives can't even catch a break on Thanksgiving. Sad.

snoopdawg99
snoopdawg99 11/25/10 - 09:36 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there, Enjoy the day with Family & friends. Be thankful for what we have.......

justfred
justfred 11/25/10 - 09:53 am
I talked with my 6 year old

I talked with my 6 year old grandson last nite who will be here with me & Kathy for Thanksgiving. I asked what he was most thankful for. Without a pause he said he was most thankful for God. Happy holidays everyone...............

southern2
southern2 11/25/10 - 10:02 am
I share the rave for the

I share the rave for the newly released documentary "War Stories -- Augusta Area Veterans Remember World War II." I value my copy and have watched it three times already. It is a moving first hand account of a different time in American/Augusta history by real American hero's. I think it should be viewed in every classroom. Thanks to the participants ( I saw one in the obits earlier this week) and those who made this DVD available.

KSL
KSL 11/25/10 - 10:34 am
Happy Thanksgiving to all of

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 11/25/10 - 10:50 am
Nice to see no one has a rant

Nice to see no one has a rant today..let's keep it that way. God bless you all..Sean, have a great T-day. Nate...I'll see ya in a while at your dad's.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 11/25/10 - 04:01 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and God bless our Military who are serving, everywhere away from home!

Sean, Happy Thanksgiving, my Friend, even if I get banned for my comment to gaspringwater! :O)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/10 - 06:26 pm
Evening Thanksgiving

Evening Thanksgiving America.

I hope all my Friends & Foes have had a good Thanksgiving also like Sarge said a Happy Thanksgiving to our Military and Veterans.

tcowan13
tcowan13 11/25/10 - 06:36 pm
This is a Big Thanksgiving

This is a Big Thanksgiving wish for everyone.I am so proud to live in a wonderful country like America. I hear so many people complaining about President Obama.I love he United State and I believe that we have the greatest leader that could ever be.His name is G-O-D,not O-B-A-M-A.God has and God will bless the United States of America,Always.

pommom38
pommom38 11/25/10 - 06:42 pm
Been a wonderful Thanksgiving

Been a wonderful Thanksgiving CG, hope it was for you and your's as well :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/10 - 07:41 pm
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/10 - 07:44 pm
tcowan13, I want to Second

tcowan13, I want to Second that!

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/25/10 - 07:52 pm
I am glad that that AC saw

I am glad that that AC saw fit to publish raves on a day that we all should be giving thanks. I am also glad that they allow me to comment and even sometimes scold me when I post the wrong thing. Thanks to God, thanks for my family, and thanks to all of you regular commentors that let me jump in and don't destroy me when I have said the wrong thing.

MarkShells
MarkShells 11/25/10 - 08:26 pm
Just imagine if everyday

Just imagine if everyday could be this nice..why can't it?
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! and an extra Hoooraa for the nice people that did the good deeds mentioned today!

thetroll
thetroll 11/25/10 - 08:29 pm
where can the copies of war

where can the copies of war stories be purchased

paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 11/26/10 - 01:38 am
the fact that there are

the fact that there are nothing but positive comments about things that truly matter (people's actions) has restored a little hope to my faith in humanity. May God (or your creator) bless you all this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving.

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...