Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS TO THE man in the new-looking red convertible. If I were you, I would return it. Evidently, it doesn't have turn signals since you didn't bother to use them twice while turning in front of me.

A RANT TO EVERYONE trying to blame children's obesity on the fast-food chains. Do we not hold parents accountable for these decisions? Parents need to take responsibility and say no. Our kids shouldn't run our households!

I WANT TO KNOW how a public school in Columbia County (Harlem High School to be more specific) can win eight Regions in a row in One Act Play Competition and win five Georgia State One Act Championships, YET there is never anything written about their accomplishments. But every time you open your newspaper, you see something about Davidson Fine Arts whom HARLEM has BEATEN for the last eight years in a row (maybe more) and Harlem gets NO recognition. How much money are they paying you? BE FAIR FOR A CHANGE and quit with the school politics.

DEAR PARENTS: We are tired of disciplining your children, showing them right from wrong and teaching them home training. Please start doing your job because we are burned out. Sincerely, your child's teacher.

THE TWO PURSUITS of crime/reduction and redevelopment shouldn't be competitors but they are in Augusta. They are putting the cart before the horse. Augustans are suffering because of this.

THE FEDERAL reserve is making a bad mistake. Our money should be backed with gold. I just can't understand this whole thing. It's ridiculous. And by the way, I can't wait until 2012 so we can get Mr. Obama out of office.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

corgimom
corgimom 11/14/10 - 09:42 pm
"NOW OBAMA IS BOWING in the

"NOW OBAMA IS BOWING in the Indian Parliament. Why does Obama insist on bowing to Arab princes, Indian Parliaments, etc.? Who does Obama worship? If he wants to bow to Jesus, he can do that anywhere, but is there even one instance when Obama has bowed to Jesus as he does to foreigners?"

Well, I'm a cradle Christian, and I've never bowed to Jesus. I've seen altar boys and pastors do it on the altar, but I've never seen anyone else do it.

Who knows if Obama has bowed to Jesus? Who cares? What does that have to do with anything?

Is that a new Presidential requirement?

Where do people come up with this crazy stuff?

And where was the outrage when George H. W. Bush bowed at Hirohito's casket? Or Eisenhower bowed? Or George W. Bush?

Some people sure do have selective memories.

corgimom
corgimom 11/14/10 - 09:56 pm
"SCHWARZENEGGER SAYS to Leno,

"SCHWARZENEGGER SAYS to Leno, "No one cares if you smoke a joint or not." I absolutely agree with him. Think about it. Won't we stop some of the violence due to the drug wars? Won't we be able to tax it? Won't we be able to save millions of dollars now being used to prosecute people with small amounts?"

Oh, I don't know, if you were a small child, and needed care and attention, maybe you would care a lot if your parent was stoned and couldn't take very good care of you. Maybe if you helped teach that child, and saw how they came dressed to school and how poorly they did in school, you'd care. Maybe you'd also care when that same child told you "We smoke marijuana at my house".

Maybe if you had just buried someone you loved who died of a rare form of cancer, who had been a pothead for 35+ years, you'd care. A lot. And you'd wonder if they'd still be alive if they hadn't. And you'd wonder what they could've done with their life if they hadn't been stoned for most of it. And you watched them get fired from jobs because of pot, and be broke because of pot, and get divorced because of pot, and not be able to properly take care of their kids because of pot, and have to live with their 80 year old parent because they had nothing- yeah, you might care.

You might care when that person died flat broke, because he never could get a decent job- because he smoked pot. You might care about his two kids and wonder how they are going to get by in life.

You might care then.

But then again, you might not.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 11/14/10 - 10:22 pm
"RANT ABOUT two loose dogs at

"RANT ABOUT two loose dogs at Lock and Dam behind Bush Field -- one about to have puppies, the other, black lab is the father is running loose."

The black lab is the father? How do you know he's not just a friend? ;-)

pommom38
pommom38 11/14/10 - 10:42 pm
Stop whining bout the dogs

Stop whining bout the dogs and call animal control. Nuff said..
Rant about fast food, you would be correct! But to those who complain, it's easier to lay blame on anyone other than themselves!
Childs teacher, WELL SAID!!

cristinadh
cristinadh 11/14/10 - 11:13 pm
I agree with the teacher!!

I agree with the teacher!!

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/14/10 - 11:47 pm
Corgi, thanks for the parade

Corgi, thanks for the parade of horribles.

Maybe you'd care if your house was fingered as a drug house by accident and were killed by a SWAT team over a big msunderstanding, like last year in Atlanta.

Maybe you'd care if I told you the founding fathers were hemp farmers, high all the time, and that the Declaration of Independence was written on paper made of hemp.

Or maybe not.

Swapping "pot" for "alcohol" in any of your examples would make sense. Parents not being responsible will happen. Your precious drug laws did not stop any of your examples, but do manage to get people killed on a daily basis.

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 11/15/10 - 12:22 am
Taylor... well said!

Taylor... well said!

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/15/10 - 04:15 am
Were you Spotted? "Browse

Were you Spotted?
"Browse hundreds of photos to see if our photographers captured over the weekend."

Captured what?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/15/10 - 05:14 am
bowing is a greeting among

bowing is a greeting among muslims-hussein is just following his beliefs.Tried to tell y'all 2(two) years ago.hussein's "shovel ready" projects were just shoveling manure on his worshippers and he convinced them the fertilizer is good for them-kinda like "that water running down your back is rain water"

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 11/15/10 - 05:34 am
Bowing shows respect to a

Bowing shows respect to a government leader.....pot, the world's most misunderstood plant...Corgi, I never realized you were so straight you leaned backwards....Taylor--right on w every word. Dogs left to themselves will create offspring..just like any other wild animal given the opportunity. Despite any lack of controlled diet, the urge to eat is often satisfied by eating sweets...don't buy them and watch the kids slim down. Learning takes preparation...kids who don't care to learn should be sent back home until the parents understand their part and then do what they should to teach proper behavior before returning them to school..when they can't work and don't get benefits from the gov't because they don't meet eligibility requirements, maybe they'll get the kids in line..cuz you know they ain't gonna live w/o them handouts....If the world outlasts the Mayan calendar predictions, then I'll worry about 2012 elections...and Corgi, what the heck is a "cradle Christian"?
It's Moan-day, so get up and get to work you lazy bums...yeah, my team lost as well but sleeping in won't change anything, so work all week and do it all over again next weekend. G'day.

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/15/10 - 06:29 am
Have a happy "America

Have a happy "America Recycles Day" - Take the pledge!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/15/10 - 06:52 am
"Maybe you'd care if I told

"Maybe you'd care if I told you hemp would bring 4 billion dollars into Georgias tax base if legalized."

4 billion dollars? Really? Where do you people get figures like this? Was it in a study? Did you make up the amount cuz it sounded good for your cause?

Also parents wouldn't be in jail for possessing a plant if they DIDN'T possess it.

Drug cartels wouldn't be fighting and killing over it if people DIDN'T possess it or want to possess it.

Just like any other law, people wouldn't be put in jail if they DIDN'T break it. With your mindset let's see, we have so many people put in jail for DUI. Let's just quit wasting the taxpayers money and make driving drunk legal.

Heck why stop there, we arrest a lot of people for Murder throughout the country. Let's make it legal too.

PoliticallNcorrect
PoliticallNcorrect 11/15/10 - 07:15 am
SCHWARZENEGGER SAYS ....I t

SCHWARZENEGGER SAYS ....I t does no effect us in any way if they legalize pot. The extra fund's from this will still be spent wastefully. NOTHING will lower our tax's enough to effect a positive move in our live's. If the fact be known our Gov. could matain our country without PAYROLL TAX'S but they will never do that. If a Senator has let's say $10,000,000 yearly budget & when it come's close to year's end if it has not been spent he can't ask for an increase next year. So they will throw the fund's away on some needless project in order to ask for more $$$ next year.

PoliticallNcorrect
PoliticallNcorrect 11/15/10 - 07:39 am
A RANT TO EVERYONE (UQ)

A RANT TO EVERYONE (UQ) Losing weight is so simple (EAT NO CARB'S) You lose weight in fact 1 lb. a day just laying in bed watching TV. Here's an accurate description of how it work's: Carb's are the bodied's (GASOLINE) Once to cut off the gas (CARB'S) The body will turn cannibal & feed on it's self, which is the fat on your body.

Fat give's your body more than it need's to substain life without ANY ENERGY LOSE. Fat make's a great gasoline supply. Taking vitamin supplement's is a good idea. Model's have been doing this for 40 year's. Their problem they don't stop at a ideal weight because of our society's want's & need's to LOVE THIN (SKINNY) People. Another fact if you can make it thru the first 48-72 hrs of no food the brain turn's off the hungry pain's & turn's on itself (THE BODY) Any Dr. will confirm this but will not recommend it because of liabilities'.

If you wish to still eat? Eat tuna fish in water, egg's, pickle's just do a carb search. YOU WILL lose weight quickly it's impossible not to. Don't weigh yourself get out a pait of jean's out you want to wear but are to little & just try them on weekly. (PEOPLE WHO SAY THE WEIGHT COME'S BACK QUICKLY) Only if you go back to bad eating habit's. Moderate. LOSING WEIGHT THIS WAY IS SO EASY IT'S FUNNY WE HAVE OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE. One last point ( FAT FREE ON LABEL'S) Check it...it has more carb's than non fat free!!! IT WORK'S.

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/15/10 - 07:41 am
Overburdened, CATO institute

Overburdened, CATO institute provided that figure.

DUIs and murders are an apples to oranges comparison, because they infringe on someone else's rights.

This isn't my cause, as I do not care for pot. Again, your drug laws are like gun laws. They don't work.

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/15/10 - 07:46 am
Looked it up again, and

Looked it up again, and actually its 4.85 billion.

corgimom
corgimom 11/15/10 - 08:15 am
Taylor B "Maybe you'd care

Taylor B "Maybe you'd care about legalization if you lived on the border of mexico and lost family members to drug lords."

Is 40 miles away from the border close enough for you??? I DID live on the border!!!

Taylor B, while you sit in Augusta GA and fantasize about living in the middle of that crap, I DID.

Since meth and cocaine and heroin would still be illegal, you are dreaming if you think that the Mexican drug cartels would magically disappear if pot were legalized.

I've heard the same nonsense that you spout for over 40 years now.
Pot is just as destructive to people, and families, and lives, as alcohol.

But then there's this-
"Maybe you'd care if your tax dollars weren't used to lock up people at three times the rate of college tuition per day.

Maybe you'd care if kids are being raised without parents because they were in jail for posession of a plant."

The only people that get locked up for pot are the dealers. And they should be locked up.

As for the parents who are incarcerated- they chose that. They are irresponsible. Don't break the law, don't get locked up. Simple as that.

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/15/10 - 08:58 am
Corgi, dealers aren't the

Corgi, dealers aren't the only ones getting locked up. Ever thumbed through a Jail Report?

Fighting the drug war makes the product cost more. Higher the risk, higher the price. In essence, we are subsidizing the market. We cannot set the legal hurdle high enough if the price is right.

$36 billion dollars are confiscated from strictly marijuana buyers and dealers last year. That's just the ones that are caught.

I am not promoting or condoning marijuana or any other drug. Let that be known. However, we have not been able to stop it.

We will have to agree to disagree on this, corgi. However, my side is picking up steam.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/10 - 09:15 am
Good Morning America, My

Good Morning America, My Friends and Foes.

In 70 years I have been maybe called every name in the book, but Comcast has topped the list, I'm called a "Spammer" due to the fact I send out too many emails to too many people. My email send capability has been shut down.

The worst part is I had a good Happy Birthday to be sent to SeenitB4 and it is still in my Outbox. Sorry B4.

Just a few comments on today R&R.

1 - "Man in Red convertible" must have been one of O......"s Czar's

2 - Don't complain when you have your next accident.

3 - Right On.

4 - Why even pose that question when you know the answer!

5 - Very good Point.

6 - Isn't that way you are suppose to act when you live in that area?

7 - Hey, your living in the King SMNCICBHO world now, get over it.

8 - Yap, you have a problem.

9 - 2012 will be too late!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 11/15/10 - 09:22 am
So you are saying that

So you are saying that because a law isn't effective that it should be dropped.

I have had lots of people come into jails I have worked in through the years for DUI. A common statement by a lot of these people is "Why are you treating me like a criminal? Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?"

My question to them and now to you is: What ONE crime would you like us to concentrate on?

Again I'm going to say there is no law that can be completely enforced so with that being the case through the thoughts of a few on here we should do away with laws that can't be enforced. So with that in mind, we should do away with them all.

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/15/10 - 09:29 am
Driving under the influence

Driving under the influence of anything is, and should be, a crime. If it's okay to be drunk while stationary, why not stoned? Nobody else is in danger.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/10 - 09:43 am
True GoGators, but how many

True GoGators, but how many are drunk and "not" stationary?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/10 - 09:52 am
add on, If "stoned" is

add on, If "stoned" is anybody in danger if you pull a trigger?

GoGators2010
GoGators2010 11/15/10 - 10:01 am
I am not advocating one or

I am not advocating one or the other. Drunk, stoned, sober, sane and insane etc folks can pull a trigger any time they are holding a weapon. I am addressing the issue of the heavy handed SWAT team actions in North Augusta over a victimless "crime".

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/15/10 - 10:22 am
A DUI is a DUI. People on

A DUI is a DUI. People on weed get DUIs while high all the time.

I'm not saying if a law isn't effective it should be dropped. Violent crime laws should be enforced. When a person infringes on others, through force or fraud, they should be jailed or fined.

When a law punishes a nonviolent offense and in effect causes violence, it should be repealed. We found this out the hard way in the prohibition era. How can you not see the parallels of these two issues? Without control of your own consciousness, are we truly free?

This is no different from toys in happy meals, gun control, or any other nanny state government interventionist tactics.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/10 - 10:27 am
CG...A spammer huh...??

CG...A spammer huh...?? They finally caught up with you baby...I won't tell them about the "other" stuff.lOL
That was the nicest HB I could ever get CGEE.....saying that you couldn't send it & it was the worst part for you...aaahhhhh no wonder I love you so much!!!
Well I'm feeling it this am...the joints don't want to move when I say MOVE dim it!!
So much to do & so little time.......thanks to all for thinking of me 11-14
You all made my day GREAT...& abby even found sparkles for me pom found a cake w/sparkles*******youse guys didn't know where to
look!!
Have a great day Augusta GA.

usafvet
usafvet 11/15/10 - 10:32 am
With the "pro drug attitude"

With the "pro drug attitude" that Taylor B possesses, I'm glad he did not get elected to the commission. Of course, from present activity on that commission, you would think that drug use is already prevalent. I am not attempting to support alcohol abuse but it has been around a long time. And there were remote cases of a parent killing their child, a child killing their parent, so much theft to support a habit, but never like it has been since the horrible introduction of drugs into our society. As drug use has increased, so has all the dastardly crimes. Some try to defend the use of marijuana and it may not be so terrible, but it is accepted that usually it is the introductory drug. We can dig statistics, we can use only those facts that support our angle, we can even distort what is said to get our desired point. You tease yourself if you want to, I'm am dealing with the facts of life, facts that I have witnessed in my life. I don't necessarily believe what you say, nor what I read, but when I witness the results to our society, I believe.

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/15/10 - 10:38 am
Usafvet, I have never run for

Usafvet, I have never run for commission. Thanks for paying attention to society.

CATFISHSTEW
CATFISHSTEW 11/15/10 - 10:40 am
Why have we not destroyed the

Why have we not destroyed the poppy fields in Afganistan? I see photos of American soilders in the fields. America has a big herion problem. Would it be easier to arresst the farmer and destroy the field,than to spend a hugh amount of money on arresting Americans here. We have had soilders killed in those same fields. picture this...2 Marines come to
someones door to notify..."Sorry, but Pvt Johnny was killed in action."
A farmer killed him while he was looking after a field of poppies. Here is his Purple Heart and we are sorry for you loss. Not a very good picture is it? But it has happened. Sorry Sir but your child died of an overdose of herion.Need I say more, think not

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/15/10 - 10:43 am
Thanks to you too vet for

Thanks to you too vet for saying I'm cheerful... haha I wish I could convince GOB of that....he said I laughed a lot when we dated, but stopped after marriage LOL.....he said he was attracted to my laughing.....wishes I would bring it back like B4.....I told him it's still there he just doesn't like the things I'm laughing about......sho ain't much now days watching this country bow down to the world...
We have got to turn this mess around the last election was just the beginning........I'm proud of the USA & I want my leaders to be proud too..
Watch Gov. Christie next chance you get.....he doesn't use PC when he's talking.

Accord tops list of stolen vehicles

The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its annual report on the 10 most stolen vehicles in the country earlier this month, and some residents say they aren't surprised with what they saw.