Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THE VANDALS HAVE been hitting us in Brookshire off Meadowbrook Drive too. I have had to scrub my mailbox twice to remove the spray paint, and it does not come off easily. I hope they catch these punks and make them clean all of the mailboxes they vandalized.

THIS IS A RANT FOR all those political commercials between Deal and Barnes. These guys are getting nastier and nastier. I cannot wait until the election is over!

PLANTATION BLOOD NEEDS PETA to shut them down. They're running chain saws within 10 feet of the pigs at the end of the haunted house and they are obviously miserable and trying to get away from the loud noise. It might not seem like much, but it's still mistreatment and cruel. Local animal services won't look into it at all and police were there, so they won't do anything about it.

I JUST HAD TO CALL and comment on the editorial page and endorsements. I've been voting for 38 years, and in those 38 years I've seen politicians come and go. And my life hasn't changed not one bit. I know I'm just a small fish in a very large pond. Them endorsements might help The Chronicle and it might help some people that got some kind of pull somewhere, but the only thing that I've seen in the 38 years that I've been voting is that I'm 38 years older. That's the only changes that I've seen.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the worldwide news media for showing up in Chile for those trapped miners. If it wasn't for the worldwide media, the Chilean government would've just covered up the hole and buried them alive. Hats off to the media for making Chile do the right thing.

INCREASING THE AMOUNT of ethanol might reduce our dependency on foreign oil. As more corn is required it will increase grocery prices. In addition, cash-strapped Americans who own automobiles 2007 and older will be plunged further in debt as they are forced to replace their obsolete vehicle.

A BIG RAVE FOR Mayor Bloomberg of New York for his proposal to ban the buying of sodas with food stamps. The positive result of his proposal is that it can help reduce obesity and diabetes over time by the reduction in sugar intake. Let's hope that his proposal will become a permanent part of the food stamp program nationwide.

THIS IS A MILD RANT about the American flags flown at the federal courthouse. Why there are two flagpoles with flags I know not; most military installations have one flagpole for the whole base. The courthouse flags are flown 24 hours a day and are improperly lit at night. There are lights near the base of the poles, but the illumination only extends about one-third of the way up. Old Glory sits unlit at the top. Any Boy Scout will tell you that the American flag is flown at night only with proper illumination.

Tell us what you think
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/19/10 - 03:58 pm
I ain't leaving my

I ain't leaving my girlfriends for nuttin'

Lisa the alaskan
Lisa the alaskan 10/19/10 - 04:03 pm
Give me a break on the

Give me a break on the Plantation Blood Rant, I'm sure it is loud, but probably not much louder than a farm or slaughter house, and when I went through those pigs were sleaping like babies, thier ears didn't even twitch when any loud noises went off. I'm all for animal rights but those guys seemed just fine!

Trouble
Trouble 10/19/10 - 04:06 pm
hey seenit, not sure how much

hey seenit, not sure how much longer i will be here before my account goes bye bye right now, but we shall see

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/19/10 - 04:10 pm
Cobalt...You do realize you

Cobalt...You do realize you can enjoy more than 1 thing at a time......sometimes you can have your cake & EAT it too!!!

Think about it!
:) Roadkill knows what I'm talking about.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/19/10 - 04:11 pm
Sometimes cake goes good with

Sometimes cake goes good with that ole Reserve.

Trouble
Trouble 10/19/10 - 04:38 pm
hmmmm, can i still

hmmmm, can i still post.......that would be a yes....lol

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 10/19/10 - 04:37 pm
autumn, it's because back

autumn, it's because back then students were a lot more respectful most if not all were at school to get an education, now the teachers need a smaller class in order to keep an eye on the kids who now are there only to get fed, watched and raised while the sorry and trifling parents relax, sleep and watch soaps and oprah

Boogaloo
Boogaloo 10/19/10 - 04:49 pm
My wife has been hogging the

My wife has been hogging the computer lately so I went down to the library to use theirs. There were some hot pictures of Anna Chapman I wanted to check out, me being interested in espionage and all. I was able to pull them up and I started squealing like a baby, couldn't help it. As I was leaving I got this real nasty glare from this person who was doing research on another computer. Judging from the screen, as I was passing by, they were doing research on hoochie-coo dancing as practiced by local high school cheerleaders. Why would anyone be interested in that?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/19/10 - 05:16 pm
Don't know how many have

Don't know how many have noticed but a poster from yesterday is missing today....I mean gone bye-bye. just saying...check for yourself.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 05:30 pm
ruudvonbaron says; "userSarge

ruudvonbaron says; "userSarge - your 1st Ammendment rights in no way, shape, or form apply to a privately run website."
________________________

Ruud, I believe I mentioned that in the text of my comment (in so many words). Comprehensive reading is something you should look in to!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 05:45 pm
Sean says; "Hey Sarge, If a

Sean says; "Hey Sarge, If a thread is deteriorating into petty bickering, which yesterday's R&R definitely was, we will turn comments off. We don't want fights; we want discussion and conversation."
______________________

Hi Sean, why not turn off the individual who turned the discussion into his personal launch for attacking us? The most questionable thing I commented, was for him to look in the mirror and take a lengthy self assessment! I did not see it as an argument, I thought it was more like a suggestion.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 05:41 pm
hopefulinaugusta, thank you

hopefulinaugusta, thank you for your comment. While I do have a couple of other forums to participate in, I have no intentions of leaving the AC Discussions forum. Sean has been too good to us, and his explanations are comprehensive. I accept his action of yesterday, and consider it just another hiccup because of my defensive nature! I don't think I offended anyone, but the person who threw out the first ball!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 05:52 pm
Noticed that, SeenitB4! Also

Noticed that, SeenitB4! Also noticed my Friend and Brother said he was departing the AC as well. I hope he changes his mind. He inspires me, and I need that!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 05:55 pm
Sean, it took me a little

Sean, it took me a little while to find out that you, or someone, in fact removed the culprit. To me, that is more logical than closing a discussion. In any case, thank you for your guidance, and information! We iz, and always iz gonna be frenz! :-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/19/10 - 06:04 pm
Sarge...You know building a

Sarge...You know building a house is VERY stressful......right up there with getting married or divorced..he probably doesn't need any more stress right now....:)

corgimom
corgimom 10/19/10 - 06:32 pm
I've posted on here about the

I've posted on here about the terrible illnesses in my family right now.

This morning, 3 am, my nephew woke up and needed to use the toilet. He tried to wake up his father to help him-(the one who is sick too) because my nephew is so sick he can't walk anymore-and couldn't wake him. He called 911 and his father- who is diabetic, along with every thing else- had a blood sugar reading of 39. He made it this time, but it's just a matter of time for him, too. If my nephew hadn't woken up, my broinlaw would've died.

The denial is so strong that each insists that they are fine, it's the OTHER ONE who is sick. Neither can admit how sick they both really are- because that would mean both of them going into a skilled care facility. Both of them really need 24 hour care. And they can't get a night nurse in there because THEY ARE FINE. FINE.

Our stomachs knot every time the phone rings.

You don't know stress until you watch two critically ill people, both who are terminally ill, try to take care of each other- and both failing.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 06:42 pm
Corgi, on July 27, 2007, my

Corgi, on July 27, 2007, my heart stopped three times! They attributed it to diabetes. They put in a pacemaker/defibrillator, and now if I die again, it will at least jump-start me. Maybe you should suggest that same procedure to your loved one's! And yes, I do know what it is to watch terminally ill family try to care for themselves. It's difficult to observe, at best!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 06:44 pm
Yes, SB4, and it is taking a

Yes, SB4, and it is taking a toll on our Friend. He is strong, though, and is a great manager. He will beat this stress! I, have spoken! :o)

pommom38
pommom38 10/19/10 - 07:39 pm
I don't blame him for wanting

I don't blame him for wanting to stay away.
The comment sections have turned into just utter spitefulness, smart mouths, and everything inbetween.
I tried and stayed clear of posting the past few days, then started posting again. Yet nothing has changed sadly, still a few (with new names) keeping stuff stirred up in a roundabout way as to not get *deleted*.
Corgi, am sorry you and your family are having to deal with such sad times right now.

sassylassie
sassylassie 10/19/10 - 07:40 pm
Ranter number 3: Call PETA

Ranter number 3: Call PETA or send them an e-mail. My daughter saw the same thing while she was there. The owners obviously have NO sense. Poor animals!

sassylassie
sassylassie 10/19/10 - 07:41 pm
Corgimom: My prayers are

Corgimom: My prayers are with you and your family!

corgimom
corgimom 10/19/10 - 07:47 pm
Sarge, both of them have

Sarge, both of them have pacemakers now.

corgimom
corgimom 10/19/10 - 07:54 pm
This is an obit that ran in

This is an obit that ran in Rome, GA in the Rome News-Tribune. I am not making this up- it's the obit of Mr. Donald Charles Unsworth. This was sent to me from a friend who lives in Rome.

It's your typical Southern obit- then it gets down to "In lieu of flowers, the family respectfully requests donations be sent to the American Cancer Society or to the campaign of who ever is running against President Barack Obama in 2012"

BWAAA-HAAAAA-HAAAA!

And it's true!

momster59
momster59 10/19/10 - 08:10 pm
Evening to anyone who's still

Evening to anyone who's still hanging on. Very little posted today. Sean, I hope my video was helpful in keeping the peace, but I'm sure your intervention was even better.

momster59
momster59 10/19/10 - 08:12 pm
A big rave to how beautiful

A big rave to how beautiful the Greenway was today. Makes me wonder with all the beautiful trails we have in this area why people use treadmills at the gym if it's light outside. Jogged from the gym to Pisgah Road and back. You could smell fall in the air.

usafvet
usafvet 10/19/10 - 08:30 pm
I hope they don't waste it on

I hope they don't waste it on his opponent in the primary.

corgimom
corgimom 10/19/10 - 08:35 pm
Sargebaby, how ya doing? Been

Sargebaby, how ya doing? Been wondering.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 10:15 pm
Hi Y'all! Corgi, I'm doing OK

Hi Y'all! Corgi, I'm doing OK for the shape I'm in. I guess I will have that "old person's" syndrome from now on, you know, good days and bad days, which will now come more frequent!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 10:16 pm
Moms, you still here? If ya

Moms, you still here? If ya are, Hi, hey, and hello there!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 10/19/10 - 10:20 pm
Well, gotta go! See you

Well, gotta go! See you later!

URA votes to issue bonds for Municipal Building renovation

Augusta's Urban Redevelopment Agency agreed Thursday to issue nearly $27 million in revenue bonds to raise up to $28.5 million in cash for ongoing renovations and a new information technology ...