Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Thieves ram car into pawnshop, take guns

Thirteen guns, including semi automatic assault rifles, semi automatic handguns and revolvers, were stolen from a Hephzibah pawn shop early Sunday morning.

The burglars drove a tan 1996 Oldsmobile Cier a through the front doors of AAA Gun and Pawn Brokers at 5:05 a.m., a police report said.

Security video showed five men with faces covered and dressed in camouflage breaking through the store's doors. One man broke a display case glass top with both fists and took the guns.

The guns were valued at more than $5,000. Damage to the building is estimated at $15,000.

paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 10/11/10 - 12:05 pm
Citizens of Augusta, we are

Citizens of Augusta, we are about to see something serious go down in our fair city.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 10/11/10 - 12:09 pm
DPMS LR-308 will keep them at

DPMS LR-308 will keep them at a distance....at least from my house! haha

Taylor B
Taylor B 10/11/10 - 12:22 pm
What?!? Aren't our gun laws

What?!? Aren't our gun laws taking care of such issues?!? (Eyeroll)

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 10/11/10 - 12:34 pm
Yeah more guns on the street

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 10/11/10 - 12:35 pm
Oh yeah let me point out RCSO

Oh yeah let me point out RCSO D-shift was working again this weekend. Most of the murders have happened on that shift as well.

countyman
20120
countyman 10/11/10 - 01:06 pm
I don't remember seeing a

I don't remember seeing a pawn shop at the corner of Morgan and Tobacco roads. I'm surprise nobody saw anything, considering Tobacco rd is a heavily traveled area in South Augusta. The gate at Fort Gordon is minutes away from the intersection.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/11/10 - 01:08 pm
Taylor B I'll second your

Taylor B I'll second your 12:22!

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 10/11/10 - 01:14 pm
Countyman, it is in the

Countyman, it is in the corner of the building between Baldino's and Super C's.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 10/11/10 - 01:28 pm
Now the stolen guns will

Now the stolen guns will forcibly put themselves in the possession of some street thug where it will then force said thug to shoot some innocent person.

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 10/11/10 - 01:37 pm
"Yeah more guns on the street

"Yeah more guns on the street for more murders. This is an awesome job you are doing there, Ronnie!"

Are you implying that someone robbing a store is somehow anyone else's fault but the guys who robbed? You could at least try and be a little reasonable...

blaqbird07
blaqbird07 10/11/10 - 01:54 pm
ArmedandLegal, Please ignore

ArmedandLegal, Please ignore AugustaVoter. I seriously believe he either cant get a job at or was fired from the Sheriffs Office. He/she always has something to say about the job being done but cant offer any solution. How do you blame the Sheriff or D-Shift for random ignorance? I agree something more needs to be done but, pointing fingers and bashing dont help at all! Maybe someone should ask the "Great Augusta Goverment" why the POLICE will be forced to cut back. They will have less deputies on the street and more deputies will be forced to leave to support thier families. Somebody has to get it right!

Chillen
Chillen 10/11/10 - 01:59 pm
"The stolen guns were valued

"The stolen guns were valued at more than $5,000, and damage to the building is estimated at $15,000."

The value of the lives these guns will end or the innocence and trust in human kind that will disappear.....priceless.

Excercise your own 2nd Amendment rights - legally - so you can defend youself against scum like this.

paulbaughman28
paulbaughman28 10/11/10 - 02:04 pm
where is gaspring too explain

where is gaspring too explain how gun laws work on this one? I am looking soooooooooo forward to hearing their point of view. In an unrelated topic... I am also looking forward to polio.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 10/11/10 - 02:05 pm
haha RoadKill, Love it. You

haha RoadKill, Love it. You beat me to it!!!!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 10/11/10 - 02:07 pm
I hope everyone of these

I hope everyone of these losers gets what they deserve eventually, maybe even ironically with their own stolen property!!!!

ImPOed
ImPOed 10/11/10 - 02:13 pm
My good citizens, I said

My good citizens, I said several months ago that it appears that most of the crimes that were being committed were not illegal guns. The criminals seemed to have found a different means to get guns to commit their crimes. Sans, breaking into pawn and gun shops around the country. Those guns are legal but not registered to the user. Gun laws won't ever prevent anything like this. So it doesn't make any sense to creat more laws that don't work. I think all guns should be locked in a safe afterhours. Let's see them break into them. . . . Is anyone listening out there? Lock them down and they can't get too them.

Rob Pavey
Rob Pavey 10/11/10 - 02:20 pm
An Olds Cierra? I would think

An Olds Cierra? I would think they'd use a Land Cruiser or F-250 but I'd sure like to see the video. By the way, these guys sound like crooks - don't they know it's illegal for them to have guns?

airbud7
airbud7 10/11/10 - 02:42 pm
I think it's Ransom E. Olds

I think it's Ransom E. Olds fault!

oneofthefrontrowgang
oneofthefrontrowgang 10/11/10 - 03:12 pm
CALL YOUR COMMISSIONER AND

CALL YOUR COMMISSIONER AND TELL HIM YOU NEED MORE DEPUTIES HIRED. IT'S NOT RONNIE'S FAULT. HE DOES NOT GET ENOUGH HELP FROM DOWNTOWN. RAISE THE TAXES ANOTHER 1% AND PUT THE MONEY TOWARDS ADDING MORE DEPUTIES.

AugustaVoter
AugustaVoter 10/11/10 - 03:27 pm
It is called patrolling the

It is called patrolling the neighborhood. It seems as though other shifts do not have as much violent crime and burglaries on their shifts as this one does. At that time of the morning are the officers patrolling or are they eating breakfast at Waffle House?

airbud7
airbud7 10/11/10 - 03:34 pm
In a perfect world, a police

In a perfect world, a police officer would always beat a crook to the crime scene. ( I think I said that right?)

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 10/11/10 - 03:36 pm
AugustaVoter, is there

AugustaVoter, is there possibly no relation in the fact that there is a certain time of day/night more criminals choose to conduct their activities as opposed to officers not doing their job on that shift?? Check any city, do you not think about the same time/shift there is increased crime? That seems prime time for crime anywhere. What are the hours of D shift?

ArmedandLegal
ArmedandLegal 10/11/10 - 04:31 pm
More crime in the middle of

More crime in the middle of the night than during the day? YOU DON'T SAY!

RAWR
RAWR 10/11/10 - 04:37 pm
Paul what do gun laws have

Paul what do gun laws have anything todo with them being stolen from a pawn shop? You do know there are already laws against burglary, robbery, rape, murder. Those seem to stop the criminals so well.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 10/11/10 - 07:04 pm
RawR you would have to know

RawR you would have to know about gasprings history of nonsense gun posts to get either pauls sarcastic comment or roadkills knee slapper at 1:28. She thinks banning guns are the answer to everything and criminals wont have them if we just ban them.

RAWR
RAWR 10/11/10 - 07:22 pm
Banning criminals would be

Banning criminals would be better.

cadam12
cadam12 10/11/10 - 07:25 pm
I thought all pawn shops

I thought all pawn shops removed their fire arms and put them in a safe. how about putting some stone or steel barriers in front of the doors to prevent another drive thru.

RAINBOW
RAINBOW 10/11/10 - 07:57 pm
I dont think those steel bars

I dont think those steel bars likes on doors would stop a car,maybe the thieves will take them outta state and pawn them.

TK3
TK3 10/11/10 - 08:01 pm
Where was YOUR

Where was YOUR son/husband/boyfriend at that time of morning folks? Lets see the video.

TeamLoser
TeamLoser 10/11/10 - 08:12 pm
Its an Oldsmobile Cierra

Its an Oldsmobile Cierra everyone I know who has owned one had it stolen at least once.