Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

This is not the time to try a $75,000-per-year experiment that would have an insignificant effect on dropout rates! Laney High School's dropout rate can only be decreased if the parents take on the responsibility that they are now passing on to the teachers and others. It's up to the parents to demand high standards from their children (and teachers) and they should expect nothing less.

The Georgia Supreme Court postponed the execution of a triple murderer because the man attempted suicide. His lawyer claims he is too nuts to be executed. If a court is stupid enough to fall for that, everybody on death row will immediately pretend to try to commit suicide; then all will NOT be executed by a court that claims you can't execute a nut case, while the phony nut cases will laugh all the way out of death row.

Speaking of Obama's golf swing, if his swing is as awkward as is shown on TV, he is an awful golfer. If he's claiming decent scores, with THAT swing, he's lying about golf, too.

Our many thanks to a wonderful lady who stopped on Evans to Locks Road last Friday to rescue our new little puppy who had sneaked out of the fenced yard. You were so thoughtful to take the time to be sure she was safe. Spicy Girl says "many thanks!"

Property owners cannot prevent tenants from not paying their water bills. Lori Davis, who is running for mayor, should know that property owners cannot be responsible for tenants not paying their bills.

This is a rant for the person that has their own street that I happen to drive on my way to Augusta State University. How did you get your own street?

There is always one thing that makes a Republican look real good. A Democrat.

Somebody told me that to be in "The Tea Party," you must be at least 50 years old and have Rush Limbaugh programmed on your radio ...

When them psychiatrists get through with you, you not only look like a gooney , you act like a gooney , too.

This is a rant for the procurement office. It needs a new director. They should have investigated the license problem with the people that wanted to operate The Patch. It's time to get a new officer.

I visit your fair city quite often. ... It appears as though you don't have a speed limit. Every time I come over there's people passing me like I'm sitting still. I can be going 80 mph, it doesn't matter. Whether I'm on 520 or whether I'm on one of the regular roads it's just like there's no speed limit over there.

Tell us what you think
Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 09:50 pm
I suppose we could give Jane

I suppose we could give Jane the benefit of the doubt, and just wait her out. Her true personna will purge itself for the whole world to see. For now, she is not on my A-list!

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 09:51 pm
Howdy Sarge and all!

Howdy Sarge and all!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 09:53 pm
I was there, and we saw the

I was there, and we saw the news reels in our clubs. The manager had to close our main club because of all the guys throwing beer at the screen. (It was still in the bottles and cans). We were begging for the special services to bring her to our camp! Funny, she never showed up!

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 09:53 pm
Never gave a hoot for Jane,

Never gave a hoot for Jane, don't think she's all that as an actress. If her daddy wasn't who he was, we never would have heard of her.

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 09:55 pm
I know corgi, I'm just a tad

I know corgi, I'm just a tad bit younger. As a matter of fact, my father isn't even old enough to have been in Vietnam. My father-in-law, on the other hand, was over there and he has a lot of issues because of it. I've seen that picture also and it's just plain awful. I was referring to the slips of paper. I've heard conflicting stories over the years, but all the ones that say it really did happen are so consistent that it's hard not to believe. I don't have even a twinge of doubt that she's a traitor.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 09:55 pm
Hi ya, Moms! What are you

Hi ya, Moms! What are you doing up so late? It's good to see ya, Cutie!

Is my love bug still here?

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 09:55 pm
Why Abby! You're just a

Why Abby! You're just a baby!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 09:56 pm
"I will never allow anyone to

"I will never allow anyone to do my thinking for me, and some people can't handle that fact."

Isn't that the life style of our great King SMCICBHO.

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 09:57 pm
Not quite a baby, as I hit

Not quite a baby, as I hit the big 35 a few weeks back.

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 09:57 pm
Sarge - just got in from a

Sarge - just got in from a delightful evening at the Polka Dot Pig with a large group of friends. I'm not staying up long, I've got a big hike in the a.m. followed by a full day of volunteering at the Iron Man event.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 09:58 pm
Hi Abby, she was definitely a

Hi Abby, she was definitely a traitor, then! She will always be a traitor because of her actions, but it's possible she could have changed! Like I stated earlier, time will tell, and only God knows her heart for certain!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 09:59 pm
Lets see...35 plus 35 equals

Lets see...35 plus 35 equals 70....wow, that me.....................

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 09:59 pm
Abby - You're just a tad bit

Abby - You're just a tad bit older than my oldest son. Like I said, just a baby. Next time I see 35 it will be 135! LOL!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 09:59 pm
Well, it's good to see you,

Well, it's good to see you, Moms! You're one busy Cutie!

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 10:00 pm
Hey Sarge. How goes it? My

Hey Sarge. How goes it? My momma always said, "A leopard doesn't change it's spots." Just sayin...

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 10:00 pm
Busy is how I stay so young!

Busy is how I stay so young! Did you know that it is "Hug a vegetarian day"?

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 10:01 pm
lol momster! Does it make you

lol momster! Does it make you feel better to know I feel more like 45 than 35?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 10:01 pm
George, that means you're

George, that means you're entitled to two 35 year olds to sit on your lap, and whisper sweet nothings in your ears! :o)

happychimer
happychimer 09/24/10 - 10:01 pm
If God has forgiven her, then

If God has forgiven her, then we should too.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 10:02 pm
Hi Abby, I've got the spots

Hi Abby, I've got the spots to prove that theory!

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 10:02 pm
Abby - I feel 25 and am more

Abby - I feel 25 and am more than twice that. ;-)

Happychimer - Right On!

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 10:04 pm
That's between her and God.

That's between her and God. Unfortunately, I'm human and have some issues forgiving such crimes when she has never been punished for them. That's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. :-)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 10:05 pm
Happy, I peeked! If God has

Happy, I peeked! If God has forgiven her, she is forgiven! Period! But how do we know for sure she was pure in her heart when she asked for forgiveness? We don't! That's why no one knows anyone's status until the day we stand before the King! Then, we won't care, will we?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 10:05 pm
I'll forgive her, for making

I'll forgive her, for making me spent $1.09 the cost of a .44 mag round.

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 10:05 pm
lol momster- I'll have what

lol momster- I'll have what you're having, then :-)

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/24/10 - 10:07 pm
I'm putting CG on the "always

I'm putting CG on the "always keep as a friend and never make him angry" list. lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 10:09 pm
Abby, have no fear, you will

Abby, have no fear, you will always be a friend.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/24/10 - 10:13 pm
I can forgive her, but the

I can forgive her, but the results of what she did are not just going away just because she is forgiven any more than forgiving someone for jumping off a roof means their legs and back aren't broken anymore.

Being a traitor is a stain on a character and a soul that doesn't go away in someone's lifetime, just like many other horrible choices and actions people commit. Forgiveness doesn't remove that even if people actually could forget all about it, which they can't.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 10:13 pm
I was in the sun all day with

I was in the sun all day with the builders today, feel a little drained so I will wish you all, Sarge, Abby-noll, corgimom, mom, 30cal and even happy a "Good Night"

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/24/10 - 10:14 pm
Here's the thing about Jane;

Here's the thing about Jane; she could be telling the truth about her conversion. If she is, then it's possible she is truthfully repentant. If she is repentant, then God has forgiven her. We as Christians, are bound by our own faith to forgive her as well, but nothing says we have to forget, even if we forgive!