Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

This is not the time to try a $75,000-per-year experiment that would have an insignificant effect on dropout rates! Laney High School's dropout rate can only be decreased if the parents take on the responsibility that they are now passing on to the teachers and others. It's up to the parents to demand high standards from their children (and teachers) and they should expect nothing less.

The Georgia Supreme Court postponed the execution of a triple murderer because the man attempted suicide. His lawyer claims he is too nuts to be executed. If a court is stupid enough to fall for that, everybody on death row will immediately pretend to try to commit suicide; then all will NOT be executed by a court that claims you can't execute a nut case, while the phony nut cases will laugh all the way out of death row.

Speaking of Obama's golf swing, if his swing is as awkward as is shown on TV, he is an awful golfer. If he's claiming decent scores, with THAT swing, he's lying about golf, too.

Our many thanks to a wonderful lady who stopped on Evans to Locks Road last Friday to rescue our new little puppy who had sneaked out of the fenced yard. You were so thoughtful to take the time to be sure she was safe. Spicy Girl says "many thanks!"

Property owners cannot prevent tenants from not paying their water bills. Lori Davis, who is running for mayor, should know that property owners cannot be responsible for tenants not paying their bills.

This is a rant for the person that has their own street that I happen to drive on my way to Augusta State University. How did you get your own street?

There is always one thing that makes a Republican look real good. A Democrat.

Somebody told me that to be in "The Tea Party," you must be at least 50 years old and have Rush Limbaugh programmed on your radio ...

When them psychiatrists get through with you, you not only look like a gooney , you act like a gooney , too.

This is a rant for the procurement office. It needs a new director. They should have investigated the license problem with the people that wanted to operate The Patch. It's time to get a new officer.

I visit your fair city quite often. ... It appears as though you don't have a speed limit. Every time I come over there's people passing me like I'm sitting still. I can be going 80 mph, it doesn't matter. Whether I'm on 520 or whether I'm on one of the regular roads it's just like there's no speed limit over there.

Tell us what you think
ZenoElia
ZenoElia 09/24/10 - 02:20 am
"We know what we are, but

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616); {Hamlet, 1600}

1. Throwing money at anything is not a solution. Teach the children to learn and think for themselves w/o peer influence or other media telling them what is acceptable or not..parent your children and there will be no need for worry about drop out rates.

2. Life should not be so easily taken by the authority if doubt can be raised as to the legal state of the doomed prisoner...I know we all want swift justice, but laws can't be hand picked as to which is obeyed if they are to have any merit at all.

3. Obama and golf..two of my most uninteresting points of interest for discussion.

4. Go get'em girl!

5. A lot of rent houses include water in Harrisburg. Keep the plumbing fixed and it won't be a costly expense to concern yourself with.

6. Funny. A rant about another rant again....so lame.

7. And something they all run from..an honest politician.

"Eternity is a mere moment, just long enough for a joke."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

8. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...Rush, when ya gonna retire so we can hear some new jokes?

9. You said it bud.

10. Old crook out and new one in heh?

11. Welcome to the wild west show...ride 'em cowboys. Washington Rd is our version of the Indy 500...or for that matter just about any street is open for redneck racing or retiree reclining....it Awguster for Pete's sake!

"Yesterday I was a dog.
Today I'm a dog.
Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog.
Sigh!
There's so little hope for advancement."

Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000); (aka Snoopy)

It's Fried Pie Day. Go eat a peach for me. And never listen to rumors my friends...all men are liars, only let God be true. Ya'll have a wonder-filled day. Can I get an 'amen' from the congregation?

momster59
momster59 09/24/10 - 06:06 am
Rant #1 - AMEN! At our last

Rant #1 - AMEN! At our last open house I knew which parents would show up ahead of time by how hard their children worked. I was 100% right. The children I have the most discipline problems with are the parents I can't reach or who attack me for trying to help their child succeed.
Rant #2 - It costs more to take an inmate through the death penalty phase than to give them life in prison. Let's err on the side of humanity and do away with the death penalty, which has shown not to be a deterrent anyway.
Rant #3 - Some of the world's greatest athletes have some of the most unusual forms. If it works for him, why complain.
Rave #4 - Remember to PAY IT FORWARD!
Rant #5 - WOW! I must have missed something. Don't recall Lori Davis complaining about water bills. However, if the tenant doesn't pay the utility bills, a provision can be written into the initial rental agreement that all utilities must be paid and kept on in order for the lease to be valid. Turning off of utilities can result in eviction.
Rant #6 - Ha! The same way my cat got his own house. They claimed it as theirs.
Rant/Rave #7 - Neither party is attractive, need something better for the gene pool.
Rant #8 - I'm over 50 and DEFINITELY not a tea party or Rush Windbag sort of person. There are people under 50 with a lack of decorum and civility also.
Rant #9 - you've got it backwards. Psychiatrists are medical professionals who give medical treatment to people suffering with depression, schizophrenia, bipolar, PTSD and a host of other ailments just as a regular doctor helps with diabetes and high blood pressure. If more people had affordable access to psychiatrists our society would see a lot less domestic violence, suicides, homeless people and crime.
Rant #10 - Wow, lots of people seem to be worried about the Patch all of a sudden. Well, this director has learned a valuable lesson, let's say we put a reprimand in his file and give him one more chance ;-)
Rant/Rave#11 - That's because many of us are ex military and prefer the autobahn.

Finally a HUGE RAVE for the Iron Man Triathlon and all the athletes, trainers and their families that are in town for the largest Triathlon event in the world. Hope you all set personal records, I'll be out their volunteering for you all weekend!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/24/10 - 06:50 am
“The longer I live, the more

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
Charles R. Swindoll quotes

Since momster & zeno covered the r&r.....this is my rave this am

Good am CSRA......btw Warren Buffett says we are still in a recession..hey but what does he know, he is just #2 in wealth in the USA.......maybe some of the talking heads on tv making $350,000 a year know more than he knows....yeah-right!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 07:14 am
Good Morning America, My

Good Morning America, My Friends and Foes.

Right B4, R&R has been covered.

Me thinks our great King SMCICBHO should take some training lessons from this man:

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 07:21 am
Before I go for the day, this

Before I go for the day, this is for my hater of my long copy and post:

NEVER FORGIVE A TRAITOR. SHE REALLY WAS A TRAITOR!!

and now OBAMA wants to honor her......!!!!

In Memory of LT. C.Thomsen Wieland who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton

She really is a traitor.

A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA

This is for all the kids born in the 70's and after who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear..

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the '100 Women of the Century.'

BY BARBRA WALTERS WRITES:

Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.

In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison the ' Hanoi Hilton.'

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American 'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and humane treatment' he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward
on to the camp Commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the 'Hanoi Hilton',,, the first three of which his family only knew he was 'missing in action'. His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a 'peace delegation' visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it , in the palm of his hand.

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: 'Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?' and 'Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?' Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat.. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper..

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam , and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years.

I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia ; and one year in a 'black box' in Hanoi My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot , South Vietnam , whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs)

We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals....'

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi , I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with her..

I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received... and how different it was from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as 'humane and lenient.'

Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched with a large steel weights placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of '100 Years of Great Women.' Lest we forget....' 100 Years of Great Women' should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/24/10 - 07:39 am
Yep...we are really going to

Yep...we are really going to the dogs on here...lol CG

Gotta love that dog in prayer.

btw....Cgeee....I want a house toooooo.....let me know when you want to go through the building part again.. :o)

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 09/24/10 - 08:16 am
ranter#1, you hit it on the

ranter#1, you hit it on the head, unless parental involement is mandated laney, josey, and all other TRADITIONAL high schools in richmond county will continue to flounder and fail until the state moves in and take over and effect the necessary changes needed to properly educate the children. you can forget about seeing any positive action from the schol board..they just got 3 million in "knucklehead" grant money...ooops i mean "race for the top" federal grant money for laney, josey and butler and have applied for more. this will require more failing schools in order for the school district to justify the need for more grant money. soon that money will be gone and if there is a change in the administration then there will be no more "knucklehead"..oops i mean "race to the top money". so making the sorry, trifling parents get involved in their childrens' education is a pipe dream and it will take drastic steps such as replacing the entire school board and state takeover of the school system in order to effect the necessary and much needed change

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 09/24/10 - 08:16 am
ranter#1, you hit it on the

usafvet
usafvet 09/24/10 - 09:09 am
The only recognition jane

The only recognition jane fonda should receive is that shown by many veterans organizations when placing the jane fonda strainer in the urinals.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/24/10 - 09:25 am

This is for a special person...he was talking about chicks this am..
he will know....gotta go...seeya!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 09:38 am
dichotomy
dichotomy 09/24/10 - 09:57 am
Ranter # 1. If a government

Ranter # 1. If a government administrator has a problem that they have no idea of how to fix, they create another position and make the problem the new person's responsibility. When they fail it is the new person's fault, not the administrator's. As for getting the "trifling" parents involved, forget that. They don't care. Most of these "kids" were not conceived out of a loving, committed relationship and raised in a two parent home. Most were spawned in an attempt to get or hold on to a man, or to get a bump up in the welfare check, better subsidized housing, and an increase in the EBT card allowance. That was the full extent of the "parenting". If they hire someone to try and convince these heathen teen agers to stay in school and graduate, they are intervening about 14 years too late. They might as well take that $75K down to the roof of the BOE building and throw it off during a stiff wind.

happychimer
happychimer 09/24/10 - 10:55 am
Cobalt Jane Fonda did not get

Cobalt Jane Fonda did not get those any pieces of paper from the prisoners. I do believe she should have receive some kind of punishment for the other things she did.

happychimer
happychimer 09/24/10 - 11:00 am
Jane Fonda was honored in

Jane Fonda was honored in 1999 and Obama had nothing to do with that.What Cobalt posted is mostly false.

RAWR
RAWR 09/24/10 - 11:40 am
momster59Friday, Sep. 24 6:06

momster59Friday, Sep. 24 6:06 AM

Rope and cartridges are pretty cheap. Because of liberals they had to get fancy and start doing lethal injection at a hefty cost. These animals, yes thats what they are, do not deserve humane treatment.

corgimom
corgimom 09/24/10 - 11:13 am
Not bad, CG, that was only 10

Not bad, CG, that was only 10 years old.

But it's not as bad as Sherry Hackett writing letters about Obama years after she died. That was the FUNNIEST one you ever posted.

Chillen
Chillen 09/24/10 - 11:21 am
rawr. Lets err on the side

rawr. Lets err on the side of fiscal discipline and conduct the executions faster so we can stop wasting our money on the scumbags.

Once you have lost your second appeal, go from the courtroom to the chair. The whole process should be done and over with within 1 year tops.

If your child or mother was raped, tortured, beaten and then killed I doubt you'd be so compassionate for the murderer.

corgimom
corgimom 09/24/10 - 11:40 am
"It's up to the parents to

"It's up to the parents to demand high standards from their children (and teachers) and they should expect nothing less."

Those so-called parents- many of them just teenagers when their children are born- don't have high standards for themselves, let alone their children.

It starts in the early years, when the child is given homework and it is never- and I do mean never- done. What outcome would you expect from that?

RAWR
RAWR 09/24/10 - 11:40 am
Sorry about that Chillen I

Sorry about that Chillen I forgot to add the posters name before commenting on their comment. I am all for giving them the hard goodbye.

RAWR
RAWR 09/24/10 - 11:50 am
I have gone through a loss

I have gone through a loss with rape, torture and murder. She was not my child, mother, or sister. She was a friend of mine. I hold no compassion for the animal who did it.

chadwick323i
chadwick323i 09/24/10 - 11:50 am
Obama can't bowl; what makes

Obama can't bowl; what makes you tink he can golf!

Chillen
Chillen 09/24/10 - 11:53 am
Oh I see rawr, your post

Oh I see rawr, your post makes sense now haha I thought it seemed a bit schizophrenic.

Chillen
Chillen 09/24/10 - 11:56 am
And yes, the

And yes, the animals/scumbags, etc deserve no sympathy & no mercy, not even a humane execution. An eye for an eye.

The bleeding hearts have ruined our criminal justice system too.

Fawkes
Fawkes 09/24/10 - 12:16 pm
About Obamas golf scores.

About Obamas golf scores. North Korean said that Kim Jong-Il shot 38 under par on his first ever trip golfing, and that he normally gets multiple hole in ones every trip to the course.

Maybe Obama is just trying to compete.

Fawkes
Fawkes 09/24/10 - 12:21 pm

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/24/10 - 12:22 pm

Maybe the Jane Fonda letter is not 100% accurate....BUT I know what is accurate ..THE DAMAGE THAT WAS DONE TO THE VIETNAM VETS..

These men thought they were fighting for their country.....they didn't make the rules....they did what most soldiers do....FOLLOW ORDERS..
if you happen to have a Vietnam vet in your family ( I do) you know what damage was done to their mind-body& soul......everyone who spat at a vet coming home fron Vietnam needs their BUTT kicked...my brother will NEVER be the same in body or mind.......some have paid dearly for the freedoms we enjoy everyday.
I would say more but I want to keep this account!

Tots
Tots 09/24/10 - 12:31 pm
.......

.......

corgimom
corgimom 09/24/10 - 12:36 pm
Seenit, I'm in California,

Seenit, I'm in California, spoiling two grandbabies R-O-T-T-E-N...

You know you are doing a good job when one has a temper tantrum when the morning with Grandma is finished and it's time to go home...

Ah...heaven...spoiling grandbabies...

Tomorrow, second verse, same as the first!

corgimom
corgimom 09/24/10 - 12:38 pm
"I can be going 80 mph, it

"I can be going 80 mph, it doesn't matter. Whether I'm on 520 or whether I'm on one of the regular roads it's just like there's no speed limit over there."

If you are going to drive 80 mph in Augusta, STAY HOME before you get somebody killed!

You obviously don't understand speed limits yourself!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/24/10 - 12:38 pm
When are some people going to

When are some people going to realize that believing Snopes is just like believing MSNBC.