SUV crashes into Evans business

A pregnant Evans woman was not seriously injured Tuesday when she passed out and crashed her sport utility vehicle into a warehouse. Vanessa Terrazas Arada Luz, 23, was traveling north on North Belair Road near Evans to Locks Road about 12:30 p.m. when she passed out, Columbia County sheriff's Deputy Keith Warner said.

Back | Next
A pregnant Evans woman was not seriously injured when she passed out and crashed her sport utility vehicle into a building this afternoon. Vanessa Terrazas Arada Luz, 23, was traveling north on North Belair Road near Evans to Locks Road at about 12:30 p.m., when she passed out, Columbia County sheriff's Deputy Keith Warner said. Motorists traveling behind Luz said her Chevrolet Suburban veered to the right off the road, down an embankment and into a concrete wall of Advanced Filtration Technologies at 715 N. Belair Road, Warner said. Luz's 3-year-old son, who was restrained in a car seat, was not injured. Luz and her son were transported to an area hospital as a precaution. No one was injured inside the building as the area Luz's vehicle hit was a warehouse.  Jim Blaylock/Staff
Jim Blaylock/Staff

Motorists traveling behind Luz said her Chevrolet Suburban veered to the right off the road, down an embankment and into a concrete wall of Advanced Filtration Technologies at 715 N. Belair Road, Warner said. Luz's 3-year-old son, who was restrained in a car seat, was not injured. No one was hurt inside the building. Luz and her son were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 09/21/10 - 01:02 pm

Thank God for child restraints. Glad they are okay. Good thing she was driving a Suburban.

3g
3g 09/21/10 - 01:06 pm
No injuries is good news ,

No injuries is good news , what I'd like to know is how she lost control of her vehicle in a 35 MPH zone .

Chillen
Chillen 09/21/10 - 01:06 pm
Actually thank God she didn't

Actually thank God she didn't kill or hurt anyone in the building. They & her child were the innocent ones.

3g
3g 09/21/10 - 01:13 pm
Curious Chillen , how is it

Curious Chillen , how is it that you are able to determine their innocence ?

Chillen
Chillen 09/21/10 - 01:19 pm
3g Elementary my dear

3g Elementary my dear Watson!

The business is innocent because it is just sitting there, static and not moving - how could they be responsible for the accident? The child is innocent because he/she wasn't driving. The driver is responsible.

I was just responding to the first comment who didn't even acknowledge the innocent folks in the building who could have been killed or really hurt by this woman's lack of attention to details.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 09/21/10 - 01:42 pm
Acknowledgement-Thank God

Acknowledgement-Thank God that there were no innocent people in the building that were hurt.

Chillen
Chillen 09/21/10 - 01:47 pm
no worries puppymomma, I was

no worries puppymomma, I was just trying to ackowledge the others too....not make a big deal about it.....

pommom38
pommom38 09/21/10 - 01:51 pm
What pettiness. Thank

What pettiness. Thank goodness no one was hurt, that is all that matters here. Stop baiting people.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/21/10 - 01:54 pm
Another reason to buy a Smart

Another reason to buy a Smart Car, no worries about the people inside and better for the environment.

Chillen
Chillen 09/21/10 - 02:04 pm
Who the heck is baiting

Who the heck is baiting pommom38? only bait post I see is yours.

pommom38
pommom38 09/21/10 - 02:33 pm
Haha.. If you say so.. Well

Haha.. If you say so..
Well dear watson, if no one was baiting, then why did you feel it necessary to keep explaining your comments? You said what you said, and people can't help but twist words or start nonsense over it. *sigh*

ripjones
ripjones 09/21/10 - 03:09 pm
Bet some people in the

Bet some people in the building had to empty their shorts, however. Some even might've found religion.

gibzgirl
gibzgirl 09/21/10 - 03:21 pm
hmm "pommom" and

hmm "pommom" and "PUPPYMOMMA"....? Split personalities?

Either way, I agree, Chillen wasn't the one baiting, I had the same thought after that first comment. What about the people in the building who had no idea she was going to crash thru a wall..? It's a wonderful thing NOBODY was hurt. Now they need to find out why she lost control...

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 10/19/12 - 05:36 pm

trimmy
trimmy 09/21/10 - 04:32 pm
I'm glad no one was hurt.

I'm glad no one was hurt. Please check her cell phone and see if she was making a call. If she wasn't, good. If she was, don't throw the book at her, throw the library. Oh, what I see during the day!

smec29
smec29 09/21/10 - 04:51 pm
pom, I agree, what pettiness

pom, I agree, what pettiness indeed. Get a life people.

dashiel
dashiel 09/21/10 - 05:25 pm
You kids cut that out.

You kids cut that out.

sueboo418
sueboo418 09/21/10 - 06:11 pm
Hey Roadkill, I hope you are

Hey Roadkill, I hope you are joking. You ever seen a smart car after it's been wrecked? Looks like a sardine can all smashed up. I would be willing to bet their would have been injuries if they were in one of those death traps!!

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 09/21/10 - 07:15 pm
Look, you can't win for

Look, you can't win for losing. If I had said something about her driving skills , without knowing all the facts, someone would have something to say. My second comment was not meant sarcastically. I probably should have put it in with my first comment without prompting from someone who didn't mean any harm. The article doesn't say what caused this. What if the update is that she had a medical emergency ? It could be any number of reasons but until we know, it is speculation. Maybe she swerved to avoid a turtle in the road, maybe she was on her cell phone. But since we're baiting- why do people, not just the above poster, always say "Get a life"? If their lives are so wonderful and they have better things to do, why are they posting, too?

airbud7
airbud7 09/21/10 - 07:18 pm
Large suv's save lives

Large suv's save lives

OhWell
OhWell 09/21/10 - 08:07 pm
Maybe if we are lucky we will

Maybe if we are lucky we will get the rest of the story. AC doesn't tell it all the first clip so we will keep coming back.

Dixieman
Dixieman 09/21/10 - 08:33 pm
No reason to identify this

No reason to identify this vehicle as an SUV. That has nothing to do with story, just pc rubbish from Prius-driving vegetarian Birkenstock-wearing conspicuous non-consumers.

pommom38
pommom38 09/21/10 - 09:07 pm
They may amend it once full

They may amend it once full details are released. Why Dixie? You don't feel it was pertinent to the story as to what kind of vehicle was involved? They usually do list vehicles involved in accidents.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/21/10 - 11:46 pm
I hope 3g was being sarcastic

I hope 3g was being sarcastic with his 11:13. I mean really.... did you have to ask? This was the baiting if there was any, either that or a complete lack of common sense. Chillen, I agree with everything you have written even if some others can't comprehend and claim its petty. And if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black!! lol You aren't the one making the big deal about it. lol

maryliamhunter
maryliamhunter 09/22/10 - 11:01 am
If ya'll read the entire

If ya'll read the entire article it says she passed out. Thank goodness no one was hurt but she could not help this accident happened.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/22/10 - 11:09 am
3g asked on Tuesday @ 1:06

3g asked on Tuesday @ 1:06 p.m.:

what I'd like to know is how she lost control of her vehicle in a 35 MPH zone.

Mary Liam Hunter wrote on Wednesday @ 11:01 a.m.:

If ya'll read the entire article it says she passed out.

If I remember correctly, that detail was omitted in yesterday's initial posting. It is good that Valerie Rowell edited the story to provide more clarity, but did she have to tell us that Ms. Luz passed out four times???

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/22/10 - 11:11 am
Actually, my writing is not

Actually, my writing is not as clear as it should have been. I should have written:

Did she have to tell us four times that Ms. Luz passed out???