Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for teachers who don't do their jobs and let their parapros do everything. They should be ashamed of themselves. I guess they have realized their parapros are doing a much better job than they could ever do. Those teachers should be ashamed of themselves.

TEACHERS RAVE about "interactive whiteboards," yet since they've been around, more students flunk. Is there a connection?

PLEASE YOUNG MEN and women of Augusta. Stop hanging out in our streets. We have houses and backyards. Meeting in them will save your lives and stop lowering our property values.

THREE RICHMOND drug agents killed Michael Nestor in self-defense last fall. Somebody got it right to NOT charge the cops with a crime. The question is: Why did it take a full year to decide what was obvious?

JOHN BARROW SAYS, "I don't think raising taxes on anyone is the thing to do right now." Notice Barrow hedges by adding "right now." That means he can't wait to raise taxes but he's scared to death to do it right now because he sees defeat coming at him full barrel.

THIS IS A RANT to the group that was holding a car wash at the AutoZone on Columbia Road on Saturday. They were representing a local church. The girls were disrespectful and made very inappropriate remarks to the people who were also holding a car wash across the street at Advance Auto. To be part of a church group they were certainly not acting like Christians should.

THE COSTS (AND LOSSES) quoted in The Chronicle to operate "The Patch" could have easily been paid for at least 10 years with the money we taxpayers paid to attempt to keep a legal business, the X-Mart, out of Augusta.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME how much this new "Parent Portal" cost the taxpayer? Iparent worked just fine except when the teachers were slow to update it. Second, if the school board is accusing children of pocketing lunch money why isn't there a link on Parent Portal telling parents how much money is in the child's lunch account? A little investigating on the schools' part may fix the problem altogether.

CASHIERS REALLY NEED to stop being so Southern slow. What's the matter? You don't like us Southern people? That's called common courtesy and communication when you talk.

Tell us what you think
Tots
Tots 09/21/10 - 06:20 am
Everybody play nice today...

Everybody play nice today...

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 06:37 am
Play nice on r&r......ya

Play nice on r&r......ya joking , right? haha

Teachers need help in the classroom.....no problem
Hang out helping cleaning the neighborhood instead of being in the HOOD.
NO NEW TAXES...no way no how.
Some love the Patch.....gotta keep it.
Cashiers slow?? Didn't we cover that yesterday......many times.
Good am Augusta......where are you corgi.....everyone jump you last night?? Girl I know you can handle it though!..lol

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 06:44 am
corgimom
corgimom 09/21/10 - 07:18 am
It's deeply touching to me

It's deeply touching to me that Lady Gaga is expressing her political views about gays in the military.

Because I hang on to her every word, and just admire her so much, especially when she wore the meat dress.

Because she doesn't like being treated like a piece of meat, you know.

corgimom
corgimom 09/21/10 - 07:20 am
Nah, seenit, it was no big

Nah, seenit, it was no big deal. Some people take this blog way too seriously.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 07:30 am

ok corgi....fess up..does your dog look like you...mine looks like me. lol

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 07:38 am
seenitB4 09/21/10 - 07:51 am
Some say r&r has been going

Some say r&r has been going to the dogs....just wanted to prove it!!!
GET A GRIP GIRL...one day you will GROW UP! Now you just have a nice day , ya hear.

Zoe
Zoe 09/21/10 - 08:00 am
Zoe
Zoe 09/21/10 - 08:12 am
omg....I can harldy

omg....I can harldy type...that song is funny as crap..the miserable one...

Seenit? Do you really look like your dog in the avatar? (You told corgi in one of your posts you did).

Ok......I GOT to go. Really.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 08:13 am
DEFINE BITTER 1. having a

DEFINE BITTER
1. having a harsh, disagreeably acrid taste, like that of aspirin, quinine, wormwood, or aloes.
2. producing one of the four basic taste sensations; not sour, sweet, or salt.
3. hard to bear; grievous; distressful: a bitter sorrow.
4. causing pain; piercing; stinging: a bitter chill.
5. characterized by intense antagonism or hostility: bitter hatred.
6. hard to admit or accept: a bitter lesson.
7. resentful or cynical: bitter words.
Again...this is for only for the lonely.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 08:19 am
My sharpei is MUCH

My sharpei is MUCH cute--tar.. Go make some $$$$. We need the checks to keep flowing in with the tax dollars....we did our part & now it's your turn.
Gosh I just hate it when I have to stay home & enjoy my day---gotta love this place.....soooo many "different" personalities to play with on here. :o)

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 08:24 am

St John Towers.....Love this guy...Only the Lonely

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/21/10 - 08:35 am
"YOU'VE GOT TO HAND it to

He'll never be as slick as the charlatan currently residing in the White House! Beck could never sink to a level THAT low!

mable8
mable8 09/21/10 - 08:42 am
Ranter "YOU'VE GOT TO HAND it

Ranter "YOU'VE GOT TO HAND it to Glenn Beck -- he is slick. Most charlatans are slick, sure, but Glenn has found ways to take slick to a whole new level." Since when is it 'slick' to present accuracy in history? Since when is it 'slick' to present the truth? Since when is it 'slick' to discuss Faith, Hope, and Charity as qualities of GOOD CHARACTER? The only charlatan, and one who is lacking in good character, I see here is YOU!!

bettyboop
bettyboop 09/21/10 - 09:33 am
LOL...seenit I too Love my

LOL...seenit I too Love my life...I have everything I need money-wise plus a little more...I can travel whenever and where ever I want to....(heading to Florida at the end of Oct....Wine festival at Epcot...staying at the Swan.....I guess that beats "assisting" someone who scrapes the gunk off peoples teeth................................I'm just saying.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 09:19 am
betty...How did you get soooo

betty...How did you get soooo smart!! Love this place, I wonder why some continue on here when "they" say this place sucks...must be something they like here or they would look for better hunting grounds.

I just look at it as "unhappy" people wanting to make others miserable. Ain't a-gonna work. lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/10 - 09:21 am
Good Morning Great America,

Good Morning Great America, My Friends and My Foes.

My real short step in to give our Very Good King SMCICBHO some support for the day.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 09:23 am
OOps....some were jerked away

OOps....some were jerked away on here....easy there pardner.

dani
dani 09/21/10 - 09:25 am
To the person who said Glenn

To the person who said Glenn Beck is "slick", maybe you should hang with him awhile, some might just wear off.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 09:29 am
CG...That's a good

CG...That's a good one...haven't seen that B4....That is right though....our new reality is pay more for less.. We have to vote some common sense people into congress.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/10 - 09:29 am
A Post from "You Know

A Post from "You Know Who"

Why should teacher's possess shame? No one else does. Talk about "higher standards".

Yes, the connection is "Dust In The Wind". Talk about an asinine rant.

I was confronted by a gang at Circle K in Martinez last Friday pm. They are everywhere. We must ALL be vigilant, call the law when you see these hoods and watch them pick a different place. I sure called the law @ Circle K. Called the Dist mgr too. The gang banger who used to work there is no more. That's my weapon of peace.

It takes a full year to let the potential violence from the acquittal fade. Better to take longer and be sure than to rush to judgement, eh?

The politician who does not lie does not get elected. Period.

I am sick and tired of people telling Christians how to act. "Let those who live not in glass houses throw the first stone. And please wear a robe."

Glenn Beck is nothing more than Keith Olberman in right wing persona. I espouse turning them ALL off and do some independent thinking. It may hurt until you get used to doing it.

The patch is a waste. Sell it or destroy it. If you want affordable golf, buy a Wii.

The only solution to the educational crisis in America is the elimination of the Dept of Education.

I moved here from Indiana because I LOVE the slow southern style. Even if I am in a hurry, I enjoy the chat with strangers, anywhere. The time you spend with them just may be the conversation which gets you into the Book of Life. We never know.

These are my opinions, I could be wrong.
Much love,

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/10 - 09:35 am
bettyboop, You must be

bettyboop, You must be between a Friend and a Foe. You don't follow me.

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 09:36 am
You just can't get enough

You just can't get enough women following you can you gripper.....how MANY gals do you need?? hahah
You know who ....love you! :o)

Tots
Tots 09/21/10 - 09:38 am
George,bet they weren't

George,bet they weren't expecting that lady to say what she did..........

Just look at their faces..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/10 - 09:40 am
Think about this for a

Think about this for a minute....

If you happened to show up on my door step crying, (or not)
I would care!

If you called me and asked me to pick you up because something happened,
I would come!

If you had one day left to live your life,
I would want to be part of that last day!

If you needed a shoulder to cry on,
I would give you mine!

This is a test to see who your real friends are or if you are just someone to talk to you when they are bored.

Do you know what the relationship is between your two eyes?

They blink together,

they move together,

they cry together,

they see things together,

and they sleep together,

but they never see each other;

....that's what friendship is.

Your aspiration is your motivation,

your motivation is your belief,

your belief is your peace,

your peace is your target,

your target is heaven,

and life is like hard core torture without it!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/10 - 09:53 am
There are 12 Mexicans just

There are 12 Mexicans just crossed the Cobalt border, Gotta Go, will patrol the area with my Kawasaki Mule checking Green Cards!

bettyboop
bettyboop 09/21/10 - 09:58 am
CG,,,what do you mean?...I

CG,,,what do you mean?...I read your posts and enjoy them...oh duh!!! you mean "follow" you!.....I can do that !!

seenitB4 09/21/10 - 09:59 am

Here's COBALT on his mule!!! Gotta love the man.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/21/10 - 10:01 am
betty, I ment under your

betty, I ment under your profile.