Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Hey, raise the golf fees to cover the expenses, why is it so hard for commissioners to understand this??

Deke is at it again, he won't stop until he and Cal get what Cal wants for Cal. How obvious is this?

Rant to Columbia County BOE for allowing high schools to charge $350 for a senior page in the yearbooks. Isn't enough that I have forked out 10 times that amount over the four years my child has attended PUBLIC high school? I don't think it should be free, but recognizing high school graduates, with the dropout rate as high as it is, should not cost so much. Where does this money go, anyway?

A sincere rave for Dr. Charles Yomans and Ms Jones at Community Care Clinic, DDEAMC. Good people providing quality care.

How much will it cost to change the governor's name on signs at all of the Georgia borders?

This is a wonderful, wonderful rave for the two men who helped me on Gordon Highway when my Taurus broke down. Thank you to Andre and to the other man in the truck who helped me. I never got his name. They helped me pull my car over to the side and made sure me and my children were ok. God bless you. It goes to show there still are gentlemen out there and everyone isn't out for what they can get. Some people genuinely want to help. Pass it on. I will.

This is a message for The Chronicle and the American people. Quit putting your confidence or your loyalties into a particular party because when you do that you lose. These party politicians don't care about the American people. Go out there and do it for yourself and hold these here people who represent us accountable. Not because of the party they're in but because of who they are. Because if they are going to follow a party platform, we all lose.

A rave to the special angels who stopped to help the woman who fell out of the red truck at Wheeless and Deans Bridge on 9/9. She fractured her back . The two ladies, one called her husband, the second called the ambulance. Both stayed with her until help arrived. An off-duty EMT stabilized her and stayed with her also. A young man stopped her truck from going into the intersection. EMTs, thank you all. Your kindness will be repaid with kindnesses to others.

Cell phones in prison. They are in prison for violating the law and doing wrong. It's supposed to be a deterrent. What's going to be next? You going to put a convenience store in there for them? Do away with the air conditioning, too.

Have the Giants. What a joke to begin with. Ripken baseball. Mr. Evans. If they want to move, I'll help pay to get them loaded up.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 05:45 pm
In fact they report 12million

In fact they report 12million or so in the US...it could be 20 million for all we know.

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 05:54 pm
THEY will soon be heading

THEY will soon be heading home .OBOmama stopped the U.S. from drilling in the GULF ,but has approved a billion dollar loan to MEXICO so that they could drill for oil in THE GULF . AMERICAN $ going to take AMERICAN job's, he keeps this up we will all be living on CHANGE.

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 06:13 pm
THEY will soon be heading

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 06:19 pm
People need to read the

People need to read the E-MAIL going around titled 1938,AMERICA is a lot like EUROPE was in those years .ALIENS had about taken over GERMANY in those years,much like mexican's and idian's have here .HOPE we can find a smarter and more peaceful solution. IF not many here are ready to take over and many more are just looking for leadership.
however it is going to happen soon ,it must if we are to remember what this country was and could be.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 06:34 pm
Zoe, as much as we enjoyed

Zoe, as much as we enjoyed those who are no longer here, they were not the entire depth of the AC Discussions. I wish they were allowed to return as well, (I doubt that Jay believes that) but it's true. Thing is, rules for this forum are rules, and according to admin, they were broken.
I hope one day, to see them return. Especially, Doc.

In some cases, "depth" is a matter of the measurer. We don't all measure things the same. Maybe one day.........

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/17/10 - 06:54 pm
I haven't broken any rules,

I haven't broken any rules, I'm still here. Been here for years.

animate
animate 09/17/10 - 06:57 pm
That's the price you pay to

That's the price you pay to live out there in CC, land of the rich, you build new schools every year, have the biggest bank accounts, live in million dollar houses, why all the complaining about $ 350? Need some cheese to go with that whine???

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 06:58 pm
Yawningloudly, the work being

Yawningloudly, the work being done on Cobalt's new home, is above standard for this area. You have not been privy to a step by step photo-journal like some of have been, so you can't begin to assume to know anything abobut the construction of his new home. I can tell you this, I would let these guys build the twin towers in NY, if I could. They are dedicated and tenacious workers. The hours they put in cannot be compared to most construction workers. They break for 45 minutes at lunch, then finish up what turns out to be a 16 to 18 hour day, and they show up the following morning to start all over, again! Guess what? They're all legal green card holders.

I do not believe there is an American white, or black construction worker that could do the job these fellows are doing! Unless you can prove me wrong ( which you can't) I wouldn't make comments about someone's property you know nothing about!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 07:09 pm
Animate, do I detect a wee

Animate, do I detect a wee bit of jealousy there? We're not all millionaires in CC, you know. There are some, but the most of us are average Americans, who pay bills that stretch not quite far enough, from month to month.

I started living in Columbia County, in a rented trailer in Grovetown, in 1959. We rented until 1971, when we were able to buy our first home. No one gave it to us, and we weren't rich. We worked hard to make a life here, and as time went by, our work paid off.

I live in a very comfortable home these days, that I worked hard for. We're still not rich (as in money), but we're rich in many other ways. You people who think everyone in in Columbia County can afford a $350 page in a yearbook, are as full of prunes as the next jealous person. Get a life by working for it. I did!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 07:10 pm
Hi FallingLeaves! I've been

Hi FallingLeaves! I've been warned a couple of times, and I took the warning seriously. I'm still here as well.

usafvet
usafvet 09/17/10 - 07:18 pm
Good evening all. Darkness

Good evening all. Darkness has forced me inside again. I'm a slow starter, but catch myself wishing for a few more hours of sunshine. It's great to be retired and setting your own pace. Sarge, you are right about CG's house. If anyone thinks there will be sub standard work on anything that CG is having done.....You don't know CG. He may not look like a heavy weight, but don't cause him to "HULK" up.

usafvet
usafvet 09/17/10 - 07:25 pm
I haven't been here that

I haven't been here that long, have broken rules, get a lovely greeting with message attached from Sean, adjust accordingly and continue enjoying the R & R. Life is great, this country is great but we now have someone in the drivers seat that should yet be pedalling a tricycle. I think a bicycle would be too much for him. GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, AND OUR VETERANS.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 07:26 pm
Hi Vet, Yep, CG can "bulk up"

Hi Vet, Yep, CG can "bulk up" in a split second! Those guys are doing a great job, and as I stated, I would be proud to allow them to do work for me and Precious!

Still looking forward to the next "shoot-out!"

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 07:28 pm
He could barely manage a two

He could barely manage a two wheel scooter, let alone a tricycle!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 07:33 pm
Jake says: "Sarge, AFTER

Jake says: "Sarge, AFTER further investigation on my part I see where you were coming from last night. JFK in Feb of 61 rescinded the order that limited dependents from going with their spouses to Germany."
______________________

It was too late for me, Jake. I had already begun to out process, and Precious had returned the unfinished passport papers. As I recall, during that tour, we were on alert more than any other time, other than in Vietnam. We were constantly packing and unpacking our gear, convoying to the staging area, then told to return, as the alert had been called off.

It all worked out well for my family and me, as we only had to be apart during my two tours to Korea and the two to Vietnam. As "they" say, those were the days, my Friend!

RAINBOW
RAINBOW 09/17/10 - 07:45 pm
Sarge--that was a good song

Sarge--that was a good song too.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 07:48 pm
Hi Rainbow, yes it is! The

Hi Rainbow, yes it is! The good ones never lose their status.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 08:04 pm
Guess I'll be back later,

Guess I'll be back later, gotta catch up on some TV. Y'all hold er down!

Jake
Jake 09/17/10 - 08:57 pm
Hey Sarge, hope all is well

Hey Sarge, hope all is well with you. All I can say is if you want "depth" then provide "depth" in your posts. If you want humor, provide humor. If you want friendship, be friendly. If you want sarcasm, be sarcastic. If you want to violate the terms of service, be prepared to be silenced.

Jake
Jake 09/17/10 - 09:05 pm
usafvet, I honestly didn't

usafvet, I honestly didn't know what ISS meant. I have had the pleasure of watching satellites and awesome displays of stars, shooting stars and planets while camping in north eastern California at a remote spot called Medicine Lake (elevation 5,000 ft). Far away from city lights and high altitudes produce many spectacular visions. Of course some external stimuli helped as well.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 09:29 pm
Jake, it appears as though

Jake, it appears as though you're fussing at me! I don't need it! I provide what you see, so you can take it for what it's worth, or, ignore it! I have yet to be silenced! I'm a friend to anyone who wants, or needs one! I also give what I get! Respect is high on my list! You're not old enough, or experienced enough to critique me with what you think I want, or have. Maybe if we ever met, you would understand!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 09:30 pm
Jake, almost forgot, all is

Jake, almost forgot, all is not well!

usafvet
usafvet 09/17/10 - 09:59 pm
You are right Jake, the

You are right Jake, the external stimuli can turn ugly into beauty, beauty into more beautiful, and maybe even turn your car into the wrong drive. Been there, done that.

Jake
Jake 09/17/10 - 10:07 pm
Uh Sarge, I don't have any

Uh Sarge, I don't have any issues with you so I am not sure what you are talking about. After my initial "hope all is well" which I meant because I am well aware of what you are going through, the rest of the post was directed at the poster that talked about "depth", etc. Calm down, I don't know what you are getting excited about. usafvet, ha!ha!ha!

everyman
everyman 09/17/10 - 10:26 pm

corgimom
corgimom 09/18/10 - 07:09 am
In fact they report 12million

Seenit, it's not too far off.

They look at public assistance data, migrant children programs in schools, hospital data, INS records, deportations, etc.

It's an estimate, but it's a pretty good one.

corgimom
corgimom 09/18/10 - 07:11 am
I saw that one came back,

I saw that one came back, either yesterday or the day before, I forgot which. He used an old posting name.

Once you get addicted to this place, you can't stay away.

corgimom
corgimom 09/18/10 - 07:50 am
Ok, I'm wondering...is there

Ok, I'm wondering...is there anybody on here that hasn't been smackdowned by Sean?

He is my unsung hero- he puts up with ALL OF US and our off-the-wall behavior and lets us play on here in the cyber sandbox.

Not an easy task, I know. :)

corgimom
corgimom 09/18/10 - 07:54 am
Maggiemae, if you fill out

Maggiemae, if you fill out the application, we will consider you for membership as one of RK's girlfriends.

We have very high standards. Female. Over 18. Walking, talking, breathing, and a love for RK.

That's it, that's the list.

Tots
Tots 09/18/10 - 08:17 am
I had to play catch up on the

I had to play catch up on the R&R-So Seenit and Corgi.Does RK have a girlfriend who whups butt?

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...