Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Hey, raise the golf fees to cover the expenses, why is it so hard for commissioners to understand this??

Deke is at it again, he won't stop until he and Cal get what Cal wants for Cal. How obvious is this?

Rant to Columbia County BOE for allowing high schools to charge $350 for a senior page in the yearbooks. Isn't enough that I have forked out 10 times that amount over the four years my child has attended PUBLIC high school? I don't think it should be free, but recognizing high school graduates, with the dropout rate as high as it is, should not cost so much. Where does this money go, anyway?

A sincere rave for Dr. Charles Yomans and Ms Jones at Community Care Clinic, DDEAMC. Good people providing quality care.

How much will it cost to change the governor's name on signs at all of the Georgia borders?

This is a wonderful, wonderful rave for the two men who helped me on Gordon Highway when my Taurus broke down. Thank you to Andre and to the other man in the truck who helped me. I never got his name. They helped me pull my car over to the side and made sure me and my children were ok. God bless you. It goes to show there still are gentlemen out there and everyone isn't out for what they can get. Some people genuinely want to help. Pass it on. I will.

This is a message for The Chronicle and the American people. Quit putting your confidence or your loyalties into a particular party because when you do that you lose. These party politicians don't care about the American people. Go out there and do it for yourself and hold these here people who represent us accountable. Not because of the party they're in but because of who they are. Because if they are going to follow a party platform, we all lose.

A rave to the special angels who stopped to help the woman who fell out of the red truck at Wheeless and Deans Bridge on 9/9. She fractured her back . The two ladies, one called her husband, the second called the ambulance. Both stayed with her until help arrived. An off-duty EMT stabilized her and stayed with her also. A young man stopped her truck from going into the intersection. EMTs, thank you all. Your kindness will be repaid with kindnesses to others.

Cell phones in prison. They are in prison for violating the law and doing wrong. It's supposed to be a deterrent. What's going to be next? You going to put a convenience store in there for them? Do away with the air conditioning, too.

Have the Giants. What a joke to begin with. Ripken baseball. Mr. Evans. If they want to move, I'll help pay to get them loaded up.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 02:48 pm
After getting into big fat

After getting into big fat fuss RIGHTNHERE..I feel like I could whupppp somenodys hiney myself!!!!!

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 02:50 pm
Do I need to wear my tiara so

Do I need to wear my tiara so that you KNOW I won the beauty pageant as RK's Only Girlfriend?

yawningloudly
yawningloudly 09/17/10 - 02:50 pm
yeah cobalt have fun when

yeah cobalt have fun when your roof starts bowing in after a year and begins to leak remember you get what you pay for......and a hundred grand really you pay american contractors and they charge per square so the contractors labor rate is not affected if an illegal does it or an american the thing you will notice is the quality thats why none of the houses built these days will be around 100 years later

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 02:51 pm
Something about to much TIME

Something about to much TIME w/posting on here....tried to explain how "smart" ya'll are & fun but he's just not buying it. :o)

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 02:51 pm
I've got your back.

I've got your back.

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 02:52 pm
My Lord and Master is

My Lord and Master is thrilled to be a cabana boy. He's up for it too.

October, November? My social calendar is full in Sept.

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 02:55 pm
KSL, if you see this-

KSL, if you see this- tentative dates?

Cabana Boy says he's busy until mid-Oct.

That minor inconvenience called WORK, you know.

yawningloudly
yawningloudly 09/17/10 - 02:54 pm
and as for cal ripken

and as for cal ripken baseball good bye get gone see ya later if we dont build we will leave good take a hike i hate to tell ya this not.... many people go to those games its never filled to capacity ever...but now lets think build a stadium...we can have concerts there larger acts will come but then what do we do with james brown arena.....

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 02:55 pm
In Cobalt's defense...have

In Cobalt's defense...have you tried to get American workers lately??? The last 2 contractors at this house (American contractors) didn't have USA workers...said they tried but folks wouldn't show up to work...Would you if the nice ole GOV. paid for groceries/housing/kids lunches/etc.. WE are making cripples of AMericans..section 8 housing & they can't make but so much to get these freebies.......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 03:02 pm
I beg to differ with yawning

I beg to differ with yawning loudly. Since contractors have started guaranteeing their work, they make sure the work is properly done. It is a lot cheaper to do it right the first time. My source...... me....... a former general contractor.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 03:30 pm
OK folks, my CPR skills are a

OK folks, my CPR skills are a little rusty, don't let this place die. I may not be able to revive it.

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 03:36 pm

For corgi....so she practice singing the song.. :)

Evidently RK you are forgetting "married" folks have to share their attention with others... such as live-ins in the house known as MATES that DEMAND more & more as they get older.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 03:49 pm
That sounds like you are

That sounds like you are describing my dog!!!!

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 03:58 pm
Newsflash....sorta....Kid

Newsflash....sorta....Kid Rocks Group will pay $40,000 to the plaintiff....this was because of a fight at the waffle House in the Atlanta area. Peanuts to him.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 04:06 pm
Bush, additional highway

Bush, additional highway funds to rebuild the infrastructure and put Americans to work. Obama, these are shovel ready projects to put Americans to work. Bush, we need to decrease imports and increase exports but didn't fight NAFTA. Obama, we need to decrease imports and increase exports and sends jobs (wind turbines to China). Where is the CHANGE????

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/17/10 - 04:33 pm
RK, CHANGE is what you

RK, CHANGE is what you actually get from every dollar you EARN. For some on this board, unfamiliar with the term, I'll explain: EARN: That's when you perform a service for money -- and filling out applications for other folk's money does not count.

When people ask me how it's going, my usual reply is, "Nuther day, 'nuther dime . . . before taxes, licenses, fees, surcharges, batteries, co-pays, deductions, replacement charges, penalties, interest, user tolls, energy offsets, permits and just taking my money for 'good causes." The worst is, that dime is worth only about 2 and half cents to begin with.

Techfan
Techfan 09/17/10 - 04:37 pm
seenit: Take anything you

seenit: Take anything you read on cnsnews with a few pounds of salt. All it takes is a quick google search to see the number of times they have deliberately left out details and distorted the truth. It's one of the propaganda arms of the Media Research Center and Brent Bozell, not a legitimate news source.

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 04:41 pm

court case in news

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 04:47 pm
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 04:51 pm
Census report......One in

Census report......One in seven living in poverty....Asians were the only group whose poverty rates did not change substantially.
Keep sending our jobs away & it will be 1 in 3 in poverty.

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 05:08 pm
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 05:45 pm

Now can Thefeds-corgis dogs-& ole Tank say I love you like this dog??

Zoe
Zoe 09/17/10 - 05:51 pm
Man, this place is so bad off

Man, this place is so bad off now. It has lost all it's depth..Where are all the oldies?? Where are ya'll?

Zoe is signing off and OUT. When and IF things get back to where they were, I'll be back.

Peace.

Boogaloo
Boogaloo 09/17/10 - 06:22 pm
Depth? This place is what it

Depth? This place is what it always has been, a joke! Nothing has changed. Some jokesters have left and new ones will show up. That is the way it has always been.

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/17/10 - 06:22 pm
I have never met the

I have never met the "out-of-towner" who appears to be hung up (ahem) on RK, but he can't be serious.

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 06:26 pm
You are seeing clearly

You are seeing clearly maggie...a joke.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 06:31 pm
He isn't. He just likes to

He isn't. He just likes to have fun.

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 06:39 pm
If all were true.....you

If all were true.....you would have some hubbies looking for you.....lol

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 06:40 pm
SEENIT hate to bust your

SEENIT hate to bust your bubble but the CENSUS is a real joke .THEY REPORT 2 Hispanic's in PERKINS WE have 1 small house w/at least 8 living in it. YOU can't trust anything the gov.say's.

seenitB4 09/17/10 - 06:44 pm
Just reporting the news

Just reporting the news article cal.....I don't think I can believe anything anymore.