Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

Hey, raise the golf fees to cover the expenses, why is it so hard for commissioners to understand this??

Deke is at it again, he won't stop until he and Cal get what Cal wants for Cal. How obvious is this?

Rant to Columbia County BOE for allowing high schools to charge $350 for a senior page in the yearbooks. Isn't enough that I have forked out 10 times that amount over the four years my child has attended PUBLIC high school? I don't think it should be free, but recognizing high school graduates, with the dropout rate as high as it is, should not cost so much. Where does this money go, anyway?

A sincere rave for Dr. Charles Yomans and Ms Jones at Community Care Clinic, DDEAMC. Good people providing quality care.

How much will it cost to change the governor's name on signs at all of the Georgia borders?

This is a wonderful, wonderful rave for the two men who helped me on Gordon Highway when my Taurus broke down. Thank you to Andre and to the other man in the truck who helped me. I never got his name. They helped me pull my car over to the side and made sure me and my children were ok. God bless you. It goes to show there still are gentlemen out there and everyone isn't out for what they can get. Some people genuinely want to help. Pass it on. I will.

This is a message for The Chronicle and the American people. Quit putting your confidence or your loyalties into a particular party because when you do that you lose. These party politicians don't care about the American people. Go out there and do it for yourself and hold these here people who represent us accountable. Not because of the party they're in but because of who they are. Because if they are going to follow a party platform, we all lose.

A rave to the special angels who stopped to help the woman who fell out of the red truck at Wheeless and Deans Bridge on 9/9. She fractured her back . The two ladies, one called her husband, the second called the ambulance. Both stayed with her until help arrived. An off-duty EMT stabilized her and stayed with her also. A young man stopped her truck from going into the intersection. EMTs, thank you all. Your kindness will be repaid with kindnesses to others.

Cell phones in prison. They are in prison for violating the law and doing wrong. It's supposed to be a deterrent. What's going to be next? You going to put a convenience store in there for them? Do away with the air conditioning, too.

Have the Giants. What a joke to begin with. Ripken baseball. Mr. Evans. If they want to move, I'll help pay to get them loaded up.

Tell us what you think
usafvet
usafvet 09/17/10 - 08:41 am
Trouble, 9:20. You are

Trouble, 9:20. You are absolutely right, and the personnel change is exactly what I'm anxiously awaiting. I didn't think dumbobama could change his name as that may require producing a document showing more than he would like to reveal.

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 08:45 am
"Now if you could learn to

"Now if you could learn to say no to the women...lol...good am RK"

The problem is, Seenit, is that the women won't ever say no to RK. Like you and me.

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 08:51 am
"Cell phones in prison. They

"Cell phones in prison. They are in prison for violating the law and doing wrong. "

When I first read this, I thought, "What wrong things do cell phones do, and what is their sentence?" Dropped phone calls- 1 to 3 years? overpriced junk- 5-10 years?

Tots
Tots 09/17/10 - 09:22 am
Hello everybody, Is it Five

Hello everybody,
Is it Five o'clock yet??????????

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 09:22 am
corgi....I have been going to

corgi....I have been going to rehab about RK...I now can say no....maybe one day you can say the same. :O)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 09:23 am
Hi tots....wish I could stay

Hi tots....wish I could stay & play but gob has other ideas for my day....

Tots
Tots 09/17/10 - 09:27 am
Check your email.Play nice

Check your email.Play nice with" GOB",Xmart was on the radio talking about some new toys he might like.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 09:41 am
tots you might find me in

tots you might find me in that shop but never GOB....he is a much better person than I.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 09:43 am
email server is over loaded

email server is over loaded can't check, ssooooo will see ya later in day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/17/10 - 10:04 am
Good Day America, My Friends

Good Day America, My Friends and My Foes.

Don't have time to spew, gotta go. but I just want you to see, being a yankee, what I have to deal with daily.

Dudeness
Dudeness 09/17/10 - 10:26 am
I figured the woman fell out

I figured the woman fell out the back of the truck. I can't imagine falling out of the front. That takes talent.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/17/10 - 10:55 am
At the top of some of the

At the top of some of the Chronicle web pages is an ad for Windsor Jewelers. The copy says:

We pay top dollar for your unused jewelry.

Wouldn't “unused” jewelry be “new”?

I don't have any unused jewelry for sale, but I have plenty of used jewelry.

sliique
sliique 09/17/10 - 10:56 am
To Rants 1 & 3: You BOTH are

To Rants 1 & 3: You BOTH are sooooo right!!!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 11:29 am
I have it figured out. Obama

I have it figured out. Obama has finally found a solution to the illegal immigrant problem. First he stops drilling in the gulf (loss of jobs) then he loans Mexico money to drill in the gulf (loss of money) now we import oil from Mexico (more money gone). Mexico's economy begins to thrive on the oil money we are giving them while our economy continues to falter. But hey, the illegals will go back home to seek a better life for their families.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/17/10 - 11:43 am
RK, Why are you so logical

RK, Why are you so logical all the time?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 11:46 am
On the year book. Nobody is

On the year book. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay for a senior page. If you want your child to have their own page, that is the price. If you don't want it, what's the complaint. Oh, I forget, if I can't afford it and my kids friend can, that will remind them of what a loser I am and it will hurt my kids feelings. UHHHH, welcome to the real world senior.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/17/10 - 11:52 am
Let hope they don't leave

Let hope they don't leave until my mexican house is built.

I was talking to my contrator a couple of days ago about how much it would have cost if it was being built with American labors. He said more than $100,000 more.

But I am strongly in favor of getting them back to where they belong.

Right now there are 11 out there, working non-stop. If it had been American labors he said we would be just about laying the forms to pour the basment walls. It is such a shame to see our great country like this.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 11:52 am
I'm a 2 percenter, remember?

I'm a 2 percenter, remember?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 11:59 am
The current White House

The current White House Resident keeps speaking of increasing exports. If he is serious he can do that by exporting ONE product............. labor union organizers!!!!!!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 09/17/10 - 12:26 pm
Good afternoon, everyone!

Good afternoon, everyone! Just stopped in to say hello, and I'll try to come back later. Today's treatment is "working" on me! BBL!

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 12:35 pm
I WILL bet we all know who

I WILL bet we all know who wrote todays rants & RAVES . Another day like this and we will never live it down . HE will copy and paste this for a month.

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 12:46 pm
#3 my kids know when they

#3 my kids know when they say,dad can I they hear No,Dad I need-NO
dad Iam going -NO ,.they have never reported me for child abuse,both grew up to be fine ADULT,s and parents and my grand kids now come saying grand pa --never mind. THE youngest one has reported me to GRANDMA .so now I must let them finish the question before I say NO.
Hope they grow up like their parents.

30cal
30cal 09/17/10 - 01:08 pm
CG I believe AMERICANS

CG I believe AMERICANS can & will work just as hard as any one else.
IT is easy to SAY because they are better workers then ,I can pay them less and make a bigger profit.
Many employers don't take out tax or S.S.I. just give the mex a form 1099 and let the IRS track em down

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 01:17 pm
seenit, I thought about RK

seenit, I thought about RK rehab.

But then I heard, "Let go and let RK."

Well, how can you argue with that?

"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, no, no, no"

I want a bumper sticker for my car that says "I'm a (girl)friend of RK's"

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 01:29 pm
I might just see about

I might just see about getting some printed. Then you have to have dinner with me to get it. You can bring the hubby if you must!!!

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 09/17/10 - 01:31 pm
Rant or Rave 5--It would cost

Rant or Rave 5--It would cost about six times what a reasonable person would pay just to make a plate large enough to cover the gone governor's name, paint it green, stencil the new governor's name on the plate, and mount it to the existing sign using screws. Since it will be done with taxpayer money there's no need to be thrifty.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/17/10 - 01:32 pm
One day Roadkill will get

One day Roadkill will get with a woman that will whupp your hiney & you will need a different kind of re-hab....if you get my drift....& I'm thinking that could be happening as we speak (why do you think I went to rehab)
Gosh then you could have a bumper sticker that said "My Hiney Was Whupped By RK's Gal" now, that would be special. :)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 01:47 pm
awwwww, seenit is jealous!!!!

awwwww, seenit is jealous!!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/17/10 - 01:47 pm
If you ladies must fight over

If you ladies must fight over me, I prefer mud wrestling!!!

corgimom
corgimom 09/17/10 - 01:48 pm
Naw, there's too much there

Naw, there's too much there to whip. She'd be exhausted before she was done.

My theme song- "You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man". Ahh, Loretta, SING IT, SISTER!!!