Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

This Georgia goober-natorial race is like a beauty pageant with two homely contestants whose mamas organized the show. Does anybody else even care?

The media have turned politics into a spectator sport. A competition. And politicians have bought into it. Instead of looking out for the people, they see themselves as celebrities, and they're letting the people's business go to the wayside.

I just want to complain because I have a husband who's a cancer patient and our air went out this afternoon and I called five different people and nobody came out to my house. The last guy I called said it'd be $150 for a service call. But no one came. It's 8 at night and no one's here.

Mr. Nathan Deal, you still have my vote. I'm sorry for your dilemma. I, too, had to file bankruptcy and all, trying to help out family. Unfortunately, I got bit as you are. I know you will survive. And I know that you will make a fine governor for our state. You're going through what a lot of us people which had no money, basically low-income people, your true American.

Is there such a word as stupider?

This is a big rant. If Richmond County wants to save money why do the patrol cars have all those expensive flashing lights when one light on top center would do just as good ? This is just a waste of our tax money. Those lights must cost a fortune. Even Barney Fife only had one light on his car.

Alden Drive has got to be fixed. The road is worse and worse every time it storms. The dip gets deeper and deeper every time. Two of the drains are blocked on the road. The county is just not keeping up out here like they used to.

This is a rant for the nurses at the VA. I was on your side at the informational picket line there until I had to go to the VA today. In every hallway I walked down, there were three or four nurses standing around talking about football or their grandkids or their kids. And then when I was sitting waiting on my doctor, the lady at the desk was on the phone for at least 30 minutes, talking about what happened at her church yesterday. And then after my doctor's appointment I went to the store there in the VA. Ninety percent of the people in there were employees. Maybe if you spent a little less time socializing and a little more time taking care of the veterans you wouldn't be working so many hours. I'm sorry. I changed my opinion after today.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 09/16/10 - 01:45 am
Really? Complaining about

Really? Complaining about too many lights on a patrol car? Well, lets begin with more lights are in order to follow compliance not to mention the safety of the public and the officer. One wreck that could have been avoided due to additional lights for the officer will more than pay for every single light ever bought.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 09/16/10 - 02:34 am
1. Nobody's home. 2. Image is

1. Nobody's home.
2. Image is all that counts in a campaign. Carlin got it right; "..it's all BS and it's bad for ya...".
3. That's nothing. It took two weeks to get my service call answered. They're busy after a very hot and humid month and now with pre-winter inspection. Perhaps the reason they don't call is they are swamped...(no pun intended). Go in person to the business and you'll get better service.
4. Huh? LMAO...at least use complete sentences.
5. You just used it and that's how language adds more words regularly...so yeah, it is now!
6. Barney Fife is a fictional character, so are the cars. Today requires the reflective flashing combination that is enclosed in the bar of lights you are whining about. It covers greater distance, doesn't blind you, and still warns you. Get over yourself.
7. Call them if you want to whine..don't think your post will help your cause unless countyman can help w that.
8. Like I said the other day about the picketers..if you're all doing nothing, who's tending the vets/patients? Union is as union does.
9. Most folks are working by 10:30 and if you want breakfast then because you aren't a morning person or you get off work at the wrong time, get up earlier or just go home and cook....you do know how to cook, don't you?

I think that puts all my ducks in a row for now...It's hammer time, or as I like to call it, Thor's Day...enjoy the thunder god's lack of interest in our week ahead and don't let his hammer hit ya...enjoy today cuz the universe will be acting up again next week..get ready for the unexpected, starting tomorrow. This is the day the Lord has made...be glad, rejoice in it....for our Redeemer is on His way. Be blessed and bless others along your way. G'day.

Zoe
Zoe 09/16/10 - 05:02 am
I don't think the heat is

I don't think the heat is going to make the cancer any worse. Sorry. But come on now..this is not even the hottest part of the season.

Good morning all.

chasboy
chasboy 09/16/10 - 06:13 am
The only problem with

The only problem with politics is that there's never anyone worth voting for.

billoftt
billoftt 09/16/10 - 06:17 am
1. You think GA’s

1. You think GA’s gubernatorial race is ugly, look as SC’s.

2. Every political race since the beginning of time was a contest.

3. You would think with the economy the way it is, more service providers would be kissing enough customer butt in order to keep them.

4. Many people have been through bankruptcy. I would rather vote for someone that admittedly went through bankruptcy than tried to hide the fact he is 10 years behind on his taxes.

5. I said that yesterday.

6. Visibility: It might be cheaper in the long run to make the car as visible as possible than to knowingly not do so and have to pay the settlement in court later after being liable for an accident. Besides, all that equipment can come off the old car and be installed on the new car. Barney Fife also only had one bullet, would you send off a Richmond County cop with only one bullet?

7. All of the roads here suck. It would help if the workers would use more than just a shovel to temper the asphalt into the hole.

8. Every time I use that facility that is what I see. That is why I have little sympathy. One time I was standing next in line while two employees were discussing their football pool and dismissing me, until I asked them if the Federal Government they work for allows gambling on the job, because the Federal Government that I work for does not.

9. At the same time that I wish I could eat a McGriddle™ at 2:00 PM, I am also under the suspicion that doing so is the Seventh Sign of the Apocalypse, thus it shall never be done. This is why McD’s stops serving them at 10:30, just to be safe.

Zoe

Zoe 09/16/10 - 06:45 am
!!

!!

corgimom
corgimom 09/16/10 - 07:26 am
You know Terry Jones, the

You know Terry Jones, the Florida nutcase that wanted to burn the Koran? Take a look at his "seminary" rule book.

corgimom
corgimom 09/16/10 - 07:29 am
"I would like to know why

"I would like to know why fast-food restaurants, with the exception of Sonic, stop serving breakfast at 10:30 in the morning. I don't eat lunch at 10:30 in the morning, and those that do only do it because they have nothing else to eat."

May I recommend Waffle House and IHOP?

Gee, maybe the fast-food restaurants do that for the convenience of the majority of their customers, because that's what they want?

billoftt
billoftt 09/16/10 - 07:42 am
To clarify a little more

To clarify a little more about the chatty VA employees and I am neither defending nor criticizing them, I am going to explain some general labor policies within the United States Government. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) creates the guidelines for leave administration, which includes tours of duty, break times, etc. Each agency can modify this policy as they see fit, with the exception of regulatory driven policies. For example, during a standard 8 hour shift, an employee is allowed one unpaid meal break (Lunch) either 30 minutes long or 60 minutes long. Also, employees are entitled to two 15 minute long paid breaks during a standard 8 hour shift. The above that I described are regulatory, in that the Department of Labor requires ALL qualifying employers to provide a 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minute paid breaks each standard 8 hour shift. Also, it is not a requirement that the employee TAKES that time, only that he/she is PROVIDED that time. So, in all fairness, the employees that were seen shopping in the store could have been on a break, which is very conceivable being that the store is right next to the lunchroom/cafeteria. That being said, almost every establishment has a “break area” for employees to go on break; and the hallway is not that place.

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 09/16/10 - 07:43 am
#4- everyone has money

#4- everyone has money problems in life. If thats a reason not to vote for someone, we are in a world of hurt. You go Mr. Deal! At least you're honest. Please fight on against the union loving Barnes. He's a has been.
#6- I want to be able to see a patrol car from far off so I can get over as soon as possible. Don't want to hurt anyone.
#7 Again, the unions want to hold people hostage. I feel sorry for the VA patients.
And to the person having trouble getting someone to repair her ac. Try calling a company in one of the smaller areas close by. Maybe they need the business. Try USA Air in Swainsboro. They have always been helpful on day I have called.

smalltowngal
smalltowngal 09/16/10 - 07:50 am
billofft- I wish. I go from

billofft- I wish. I go from 8 till 3:30 with no break provided. I teach. We are in our classrooms the entire day. Wish i could take a break. Don't even have a lunch break. I don't think nurses should be on the company's phone for personal use. IMO.

Zoe
Zoe 09/16/10 - 07:52 am
I must confess corgi makes a

I must confess corgi makes a valid point regarding the fast food hours.
Perhaps getting to the restaurant a few minutes earlier while they are still serving breakfast is an option.

IMO the food that late is not too fresh anyhow...the best time to get breakfast food at a fast food est is to get there early.

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/16/10 - 07:53 am
corgi I don't care enough

corgi I don't care enough about Jones to use my energy. He is long gone, let him be forgotten.

Ladybug
Ladybug 09/16/10 - 07:57 am
Zoe , have you ever had

Zoe , have you ever had cancer and suffer the side effects of chemo, do you have air in your house right now and feel comfortable?
A little compassion goes a long way, something you are lacking for sure.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:21 am
Compassion1. a feeling of

Compassion1. a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering

Thank you ladybug....I agree
Good am Augusta.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/10 - 08:33 am
Good Morning My America, My

Good Morning My America, My Friends and My Foes.

As happy always says, "It's a beautiful day today" as we enter into another episode of "As the AC Turns"

Lets see who get Pregnant or Divorce today.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:36 am
Good am Gripper....(new

Good am Gripper....(new nickname for you)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:37 am
I hope Roadkill doesn't get

I hope Roadkill doesn't get pregnant....we won't know for sure who it belongs to....lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/10 - 08:39 am
B4, G M you bright eyes and

B4, G M you bright eyes and bushy tail beauty. You will never know how hard my grip is right now, but my safety is still on.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:41 am
Headlines in AJC...Voters

Headlines in AJC...Voters Ready To Clean House....mood holds for both parties.........do ya think!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/10 - 08:41 am
I have come to one

I have come to one conclusion, Some People Never Slept.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:42 am
ooooh cg ...you are talking

ooooh cg ...you are talking my language now,,,,EASY LOVING is playing on my puter right now....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/10 - 08:43 am
I will not talk about

I will not talk about politics TODAY!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:47 am
I won't be on much longer to

I won't be on much longer to talk about anything....things to do, so I had to get mine in early...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/16/10 - 08:48 am
My dice is going to roll at

My dice is going to roll at 9:30, so B4 kiss them for me for a 10000 share sell at 3.52. As a loving jester, why don't you roll them for me.

Gotta go, More Mexicans have arrived to up my house. CU all Later.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/16/10 - 08:49 am
Kiss-kiss....see ya'll later

Kiss-kiss....see ya'll later too.

billoftt
billoftt 09/16/10 - 09:26 am
Corgi, I read the entire

Corgi, I read the entire document described in your 7:26, this guy is bonkers. So, I guess according to the rule book, sugar is the devil!!! He also really likes to mention no "backtalking." After readin this rule book, I am trying to figure out if they are trying to be pastors or joining the Marines!

usafvet
usafvet 09/16/10 - 09:36 am
No problem too big to be

No problem too big to be solved here. Mable8 can analyze it, Corgimom can come up with at least 100 reasons to do it differently, Zoe will already have the answer, all the while we will be entertained by music from Seenit, and if all else fails, Cobalt can put you out of your misery. And Bill, well that's just another name. All enjoy while you can, some one will come on here with praise for the undeserving, hate for those that don't agree, and wonder why they are so unpopular. GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, AND OUR VETERANS.