Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

"Breathalyzers at establishments so that we know how much we've drank." This was done many years ago at a favorite Augusta establishment as a novelty. I remember asking the bartender for a disposable mouth piece for the machine. He said, "We do not have any and the machine will be gone soon because our alcohol sales are suffering too much." How about requiring a blood-alcohol test for the drivers before they leave any establishment that serves alcohol. Take the hint, Augusta, and become notable nationwide for a great reason.

It is great that there were volunteers trying to clean up around Butler. Unfortunately it does not "clean up" the problems of the interior. I am a 1991 graduate of Butler and am embarrassed when asked by anyone where I graduated because of its reputation.

Why are so many Americans disturbed about the pastor burning the Quran ? Does it bother Americans when an American flag or a Bible is burned? I do not condone it, but people seem to forget freedom of speech when another religion is "insulted."

Deke's Facebook posting about his jogging schedule is distasteful because Augusta- Richmond County has dire issues. Not everyone can jog in a neighborhood because of crime and blight. Marie Antoinette lost her head because she neglected the common people. We want Deke's head in November!

Let me get this straight. The mayor wants to spend tens of millions of dollars on a new ball park. We spend hundreds of thousands to pay off fired incompetent employees. Yet the city of Augusta says we cannot afford to clean up the blight and nuisance properties that breed crime and drag down our property values. It sounds like Augusta has its priorities out of line.

Headline: "Humped dino is discovered." They "believe what they have discovered" is a dinosaur. It is a "nearly compete fossil..." It "might have" been something. One genius "thinks the only conceivable explanation is " is that it "could easily have been." It's from "125 million years ago," a time that never was. Its arms "seem like..." There's not one word of concrete fact in the whole story, just guessing.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 09/13/10 - 03:49 am
"Facts are stupid things."

"Facts are stupid things."

Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Well, here we are again...Moan-day...but my team won yesterday and I met my work objectives, got loaded, and just got up w a Moan-day hangover headache...so I'm gonna add my two cents worth...
1. Drinking and operating heavy equipment such as an auto could be hazardous to your health...idiots! How is this so hard to get? If you can't tell if you are drunk...then it's likely you are...DOH!
2. When I first moved away from here I always told folks I came from the city they held the Master's in...nobody ever knew where Augusta was...now that I'm back I miss Texas more than I ever missed this place...not proud of calling this place home, but it is what it is.
3. Concerned citizens are upset at this idiot pastor cuz he almost ignited a firestorm in every military hot spot around the world...got any loved ones currently at war? Then you ought to understand why his own personal hatred could easily have cost many American lives...
4. Don't read his Facebook blogs if you don't want to hear about what he does...it's a blog stupid...that's what people write about in their blogs....themselves.
5. Augusta's master plan doesn't include cleaning up areas they want to self-destruct..given enough time some of the neglected neighborhoods will kill off their own worst enemies and maybe then they'll get the attention they crave.
6. Wetlands are defined environmentally (by the name itself)..just how hard it is for you to grasp English doesn't have a word either, but it doesn't take away from your own lack of ability to think for yourself. Besides using a 17-yr-old dictionary hardly seems appropriate to define a term not in wide usage such as it is today. There are a lot more words in the dictionary since that year...why not go out and invest in a newer one and then try to re-post your nonsense?
7. "a time that never was"..seems to imply you adhere to the religious position that the planet and universe are only a few thousand years old...yeah, good luck w that theory...not one word of concrete criticism in your rant either bud...just you showing your true ignorance becuz you have your head stuck where the sun don't shine. Ostriches, what ya gonna do w dem?
Okay, a perfect seven to begin the work week...but it's still the day the Lord has made..be glad today...you woke up breathing, you still have your sight, so revel in the wonder that makes a day and rejoice, for the one who makes the sun to shine on both the good and evil has made another one for us all...thanks for the head's up 'bout RK...Ya'll play nice and look up, for your redemption draws closer day by day. God bless and G'day.

"Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act."

Truman Capote (1924 - 1984)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 04:10 am
Good Morning, yes this is

Good Morning, yes this is America also to My Friends and My Foes.

Well Zeno, you covered the R&R for the day. I guess I have nothing else to post.

The possible burning of the great King SMCICBHO bible might be a good subject to make a comment on.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 04:25 am
My copy and paste for the

My copy and paste for the day!

Sherry Hackett, wife of the late Buddy Hackett, is a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. I would think that many other Democrats share her position...

This was written by Sherry Hackett, Buddy Hackett's widow

"WE NOTICED"

President Obama:

Today I read of your administrations' plan to re-define September 11 as
a National Service Day. Sir, it's time we had a talk.

During your campaign, Americans watched as you made mockery of our tradition of standing and crossing your heart when the Pledge of Allegiance was spoken. You, out of four people on the stage, were the only one not honoring our tradition.
YES, "We noticed."

During one of your many speeches, Americans heard you say that you intended to visit all 57 states. We all know that Islam, not America has 57 states.
YES, "We noticed."

When President Bush leaned over at Ground Zero and gently placed a flower on the memorial, while you nonchalantly tossed your flower onto the pile without leaning over.
YES, "We noticed."

Every time you apologized to other countries for America 's position on an issue we have wondered why you don't share our pride in this great country.. When you have heard foreign leaders berate our country and our beliefs, you have not defended us. In fact, you insulted the British Crown beyond belief.
YES, "We noticed."

When your pastor of 20 years, "God-damned America " and said that 9/11 was " America 's chickens coming home to roost" and you denied having heard recriminations of that nature, we wondered how that could be. You later disassociated yourself from that church and Pastor Wright because it was politically expedient to do so.
YES, "We noticed."

When you announced that you would transform America , we wondered why. With all her faults, America is the greatest country on earth. Sir, KEEP THIS IN MIND, "if not for America and the people who built her, you wouldn't be sitting in the White House now." Prior to your election to the highest office in this Country, you were a senator from Illinois and from what we can glean from the records available, not a very remarkable one.
YES, "We noticed."

All through your campaign and even now, you have surrounded yourself with individuals who are basically unqualified for the positions for which you appointed them. Worse than that, the majority of them are people who, like you, bear no special allegiance, respect, or affection for this country and her traditions.
YES, "We noticed."

You are 20 months into your term and every morning millions of Americans wake up to a new horror heaped on us by you. You seek to saddle working Americans with a health care/insurance reform package that, along with cap and trade, will bankrupt this nation.
YES, "We noticed."

We seek, by protesting, to let our representatives know that we are not in favor of these crippling expenditures and we are labeled "un-American","racist", "mob". We wonder how we are supposed to let you know how frustrated we are. You have attempted to make our protests seem isolated and insignificant. Until your appointment, Americans had the right to speak out.
YES, "We noticed."

On September 11, 2001 there were no Republicans or Democrats, only Americans. And we all grieved together and helped each other in whatever way we could. The attack on 9/11 was carried out because we are Americans.
And YES, "We noticed."

There were many of us who prayed that as a black president you could help unite this nation. In twenty months you have done more to destroy this nation than the attack on 9/11. You have failed us.
YES, "We noticed."

September 11 is a day of remembrance for all Americans You propose to make 9/11 a "National Service Day". While we know that you don't share our reverence for 9/11, we pray that history will report your proposal as what it is, a disgrace.
YES, "We noticed."

You have made a mockery of our Constitution and the office that you hold. You have embarrassed and slighted us in foreign visits and policy.
YES, "We noticed."

We have noticed all these things. We will deal with you. When Americans come together again, it will be to remove you from office
Take notice.

Martinez
Martinez 09/13/10 - 05:37 am
Missing old forum - with

Missing old forum - with limited comment character space allowed :( When one R&R comment diatribes is longer then the entire AC posted R&R section, it's too much folks!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 05:51 am
A once a week poster should

A once a week poster should not have a complaint if he/she knows how to use the scroll bar.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 06:44 am
The River Watch is highly

The River Watch is highly recommended.

Trouble
Trouble 09/13/10 - 07:51 am
agreeing with martinez, 5:37

agreeing with martinez, 5:37

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 09/13/10 - 07:54 am
...and so many of you wonder

...and so many of you wonder why I post so infrequently now....G'day.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/10 - 07:58 am
"This was done many years ago

"This was done many years ago at a favorite Augusta establishment as a novelty."

There was one at the Recovery Room.

Memories.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/10 - 08:00 am
Who would CARE about Deke's

Who would CARE about Deke's jogging schedule? Who would waste 15 seconds of their life reading that?

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/10 - 08:04 am
"Headline: "Scientist to

"Headline: "Scientist to treat water pollution with artificial wetlands." 1. There's no true definition of "wetland." Oxford University dictionary for 1993 makes no mention of a word called "wetland," thus it is a newly minted scam word from progressive power grabbers. 2. There's no such thing, so the power grabbers plan to use an "artificial" no-such-thing, and that's supposed to save the planet? This stuff is really getting ridiculous. How can you make an artificial nothing?"

And these are the ones that are electing our Congress and Presidents- no wonder we are in such a mess.

Gee, maybe using a 1993 dictionary in 2010 might be the problem?

But just for that ranter- here you go-

wet·land (wtlnd)
n.
A lowland area, such as a marsh or swamp, that is saturated with moisture, especially when regarded as the natural habitat of wildlife: a program to preserve our state's wetlands.

(Hint: I used a dictionary that was newer than 1993.)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 08:13 am
corgimom, reading about

corgimom, reading about Deke"s jogging, would that be the same level about reading about somebody suing because they bite into a used tampon when eating their cereal 2 years ago.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 08:31 am
To those having a problem

To those having a problem with the long post...I could suggest you take a look at John Randolphs posts....because he's abeen doing it fer years..knowwhattamean.. & then if you want commercials take a look at countyman......& if you want funnie, well he's not back yet, but he had some of the BEST LONG posts on here! I guess he was needed in Haiti for awhile after all he does pratice medicine.
Good am Augusta....Zeno don't stay away/come & play.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 08:36 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 08:37 am
Good Morning B4, How is the

Good Morning B4, How is the hangover?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 08:49 am
Hangover come/gone CG.....I

Hangover come/gone CG.....I will have a short day here.....so I guess others can use the space for their "intelligent" Hi & how are you posts..aaahh can't please everybody can you Cobalt.

Trouble
Trouble 09/13/10 - 08:58 am
i dont have a problem with

i dont have a problem with john randolphs posts, he is on the ignore list

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 08:59 am
Just for the record......No,

Just for the record......No, the r&r is not JUST like it used to be but I will say we have some of the smartest gals on here now--I enjoy the intelligent well spoken posts & no I don't always agree with their politics, but so what, that's what it's all about....give & take conversation. I miss some of the departed too. The AC makes the choices to jerk someone off....let's not forget that. I'm not happy with my innocent posts getting jerked either..

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 09:01 am
Good am miss trouble.

Good am miss trouble.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 09:10 am
Good Morning T, Cain and

Good Morning T, Cain and Sarge have a daily battle on the AC Forum.

disssman
disssman 09/13/10 - 09:13 am
For the dino comment, just

For the dino comment, just how long does ir take bone to turn to stone? What is the matter? Dosen't your Bible have references to peoplewho lived millions of years ago?

About the pastro. Who wants to bet his flock will number in the hundreds after his bait-and-switch show?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 09:15 am
I might start my own blog AC

I might start my own blog AC ...ya hear me...I will say things I can't say on here...posts songs that will make your hair curl. Maybe 1 person will miss me. :)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 09:24 am
B4, I will have tears in my

B4, I will have tears in my eyes.

usafvet
usafvet 09/13/10 - 09:30 am
And a Happy Saturday morning

And a Happy Saturday morning to you all. Yesterday was Sunday and after today and 5 more Saturdays, it will be Sunday again. Speaking of Sundays, I hope you made it ok yesterday RK. I was inclined to pack you a cooler and meet you some where on I20. As a matter of fact, I did pack it, but disposed of it in a time honored tradition. Hope you are enjoying a few days off. CG, I enjoyed the paste from Ms. Hackett. I'm counting on a lot of democrats opening their eyes. The Republicans must never return to "the silent" majority. The lesson we have learned from this mistake should keep us on guard for many generations. To think of how close we are now to LOSING this great Country. GOD BLESS AMERICA, OUR TROOPS, AND OUR VETERANS.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 09:32 am
dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 09/13/10 - 09:38 am
o For all the outrage and

o For all the outrage and scorn heaped on the Florida pastor in the past week, two things remain unarguable: First, he has the right to do what he threatened. Second, for all those wailing and trembling in fear the islamofacists will attack American soldiers because of this clown's antics, they will attack American soldiers regardless of whether he did it or not. Their reason for attacking us to-day is that . . . it's Monday. That's enough for them.

o Although the ranter put it badly, 'wetlands' is a recent construct, and there IS a reason for concern. The legal definition is so very nebulous --and I suspect deliberately so-- as to make any piece of land where water accumlates, even briefly, under the jurisdiction of the EPA. The term 'artificial wetlands' encompasses land "...which may be temporarily under water at intermittent periods due to manmade construction." We all know the EPA to be an entity which is always sensitive to property rights; problem is, if it's wetland it becomes their property to tell you what you may (or most often) may not build or use as you see fit. The taxes stay your problem.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/13/10 - 09:38 am
martinez is right. R&R is

martinez is right. R&R is basically down to 4 posters. Nice folks, but......

Jake
Jake 09/13/10 - 09:39 am
Just enjoying my morning cup

Just enjoying my morning cup and listening to Dwight Yoakum, thanks seenit.

poolmom
poolmom 09/13/10 - 10:22 am
Oh my! Deke is a normal human

Oh my! Deke is a normal human being. Complain about his facebook posting! Wow. Find somethign else to complain about! Gee!

Abby-noll
Abby-noll 09/13/10 - 10:29 am
good a.m. y'all! Thanks for

good a.m. y'all! Thanks for the post CB, I very much enjoyed it.