Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

"Breathalyzers at establishments so that we know how much we've drank." This was done many years ago at a favorite Augusta establishment as a novelty. I remember asking the bartender for a disposable mouth piece for the machine. He said, "We do not have any and the machine will be gone soon because our alcohol sales are suffering too much." How about requiring a blood-alcohol test for the drivers before they leave any establishment that serves alcohol. Take the hint, Augusta, and become notable nationwide for a great reason.

It is great that there were volunteers trying to clean up around Butler. Unfortunately it does not "clean up" the problems of the interior. I am a 1991 graduate of Butler and am embarrassed when asked by anyone where I graduated because of its reputation.

Why are so many Americans disturbed about the pastor burning the Quran ? Does it bother Americans when an American flag or a Bible is burned? I do not condone it, but people seem to forget freedom of speech when another religion is "insulted."

Deke's Facebook posting about his jogging schedule is distasteful because Augusta- Richmond County has dire issues. Not everyone can jog in a neighborhood because of crime and blight. Marie Antoinette lost her head because she neglected the common people. We want Deke's head in November!

Let me get this straight. The mayor wants to spend tens of millions of dollars on a new ball park. We spend hundreds of thousands to pay off fired incompetent employees. Yet the city of Augusta says we cannot afford to clean up the blight and nuisance properties that breed crime and drag down our property values. It sounds like Augusta has its priorities out of line.

Headline: "Scientist to treat water pollution with artificial wetlands." 1. There's no true definition of "wetland." Oxford University dictionary for 1993 makes no mention of a word called "wetland," thus it is a newly minted scam word from progressive power grabbers. 2. There's no such thing, so the power grabbers plan to use an "artificial" no-such-thing, and that's supposed to save the planet? This stuff is really getting ridiculous. How can you make an artificial nothing?

Headline: "Humped dino is discovered." They "believe what they have discovered" is a dinosaur. It is a "nearly compete fossil..." It "might have" been something. One genius "thinks the only conceivable explanation is " is that it "could easily have been." It's from "125 million years ago," a time that never was. Its arms "seem like..." There's not one word of concrete fact in the whole story, just guessing.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 04:45 pm
RCR, mark your calendar.

RCR, mark your calendar. Today we agree on something. Parents do need to be more involved in the schools. I was involved with mine. She is now a fine young student at ASU.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 04:55 pm
Involved doesn't mean. "Get

Involved doesn't mean. "Get your clothes on so you don't miss the bus and your free breakfast."

happychimer
20279
happychimer 09/13/10 - 04:53 pm
RCR good evening. My facebook

RCR good evening. My facebook posts is set for friends only also.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 04:54 pm
RK, I'm involved in my kids

RK, I'm involved in my kids school. Believe me, if you have middle or high school students you are going to have to go back school with them, if you care about their education.Not only that, just this weekend I melted in the hot sun at a middle school football game, because my kids wanted me to be there.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 04:57 pm
RCR, this is scary!!!

RCR, this is scary!!!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 04:59 pm
Hi Happychimer, Facebook is

Hi Happychimer, Facebook is welcome break from confrontation.LOL Roadkill, but for me it means I don't want to fight that morning traffic at the school.A meal, no problem, but don't make get out in that traffic.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:01 pm
Awguster traffic isn't that

Awguster traffic isn't that bad, compared to LA, Chicago, Atlanta.............

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/10 - 05:02 pm
While Countyman is telling us

While Countyman is telling us that downtown is safe (it's not, he doesn't see the incident reports and ignores the stories that the AC writes) and that A-RC is growing from 2000-2009 (it didn't, the population dropped) to read the raves for Deke and the rants for Lori Davis.

I've seen many of both.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/10 - 05:03 pm
"I'd like to see a good old

"I'd like to see a good old fashion tag team rasslin' match at Bell Auditorium with posters only."

RK would volunteer to wrassle with us wimmin.

I would agree.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/10 - 05:05 pm
I must make a confession to

I must make a confession to the rest of my girlfriends. Eyes was the first and still the bestest.

OK, then I won't rassle with RK.

I'm crushed.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:06 pm
Not really Roadkill, most

Not really Roadkill, most people in this country have more in common than they do differences.They just have a different means of going about things.Everybody wants good health, a loving relationship, healthy well educated kids. Nobody ever said," I want my kid to grow up to be dumb, sell drugs and have five babies by five different mothers."Also, we want a safe place to rear our kids.Sometimes reality, kills the human spirit and people start settling. Me, I'm a frontiersman, not a settler.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:08 pm
Don't I get a few points for

Don't I get a few points for being honest???

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:11 pm
Corgimom, you can't live in

Corgimom, you can't live in fear.Downtown has many wonderful attractions, just be careful and go on with your life. We can't let the thugs and hoodlum have downtown.Augusta is still a jewel waiting to be found.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:13 pm
Yeah , you can have some

Yeah , you can have some points, but remember if we all agreed things would be B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:13 pm
OK, now we differ. You can

OK, now we differ. You can take back the streets. Form a community watch. Get to know your neighbors. Drive the SO dispatchers crazy, call in everything. Never ever give up the dream. Can I use Montel Williams as an example. He grew up in the hood, got an appointment to the Naval Academy, became a SEAL. It can be done as long as you don't give up the dream.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:20 pm
That's true, but if we could

That's true, but if we could motivate some of those stuck we would be billionaires.I've seen some in these conditions and I am at a loss as to why they won't take advantage of the opportunities available.

willienelson
willienelson 09/13/10 - 05:20 pm
I agree with RCR

I agree with RCR

30cal
30cal 09/13/10 - 05:21 pm
SEENIT I'am packing NOW

SEENIT I'am packing NOW plane leaves at9 photos to b posted at 10
AM also duckin and weaving

willienelson
willienelson 09/13/10 - 05:22 pm
Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Tots
Tots 09/13/10 - 05:22 pm
Seenit@5:46pm-Now you've done

Seenit@5:46pm-Now you've done it.What pictures?
I've just got to see them.Email me ,Phone me ,send me a letter.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:26 pm
Some have been told so often

Some have been told so often they can't that they start believing it. Part comes from the welfare mentality. It seems to get worse with every generation. When it was started people wanted to get off of welfare, food stamps, etc and worked for it. Now it has become a way of life for some. Combine the "you are stuck" with the "government will provide" and they are lost.

30cal
30cal 09/13/10 - 05:28 pm
TOTS get your copies befor

TOTS get your copies befor they are posted all 36 photos delivered in a plain brown wrapper only 19.95 +S&H autographed sets available by special order *
*please allow 2weeks for shipping

Tots
Tots 09/13/10 - 05:37 pm
Seenit,you better come back

Seenit,you better come back on.May have to take .30cal up on that offer.

seenitB4

Longitude: -81.939661 Black Population: 91
Elevation: 158 Hispanic Population: 2
City Alias(es): PERKINS Number of Businesses: 2
MSA:
MSA Name:
PMSA:

I know how to find Perkins Ga..30cal...you have to come home sometime....with a population of 572 I won't have much trouble locating you! :o)

30cal
30cal 09/13/10 - 05:48 pm
YOUR info is really bad

YOUR info is really bad there are at least 50 hispanic,people who live in the county cant find my address AND am leaving town .YOU dont pay attention to posts or info said many times I;am OLD ,FAT ,HAPPY MONEY MAKING ,COWARD . BYE BYE
16 orders so far

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 05:53 pm
30cal...Do you know photos

30cal...Do you know photos were taken at our get-together & a head can be imposed on top of another photo. SOOO I will have some "hot" photos to sell too. So watch your mail for future packages. btw do you want the frontal or back view of yourself?

KSL
KSL 09/13/10 - 05:53 pm
What pictures are we talking

What pictures are we talking about here?

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 05:56 pm
Don't even ask,,,

Don't even ask,,, ksl.....nwttoe...never thought I could use that b4. ha

usafvet
usafvet 09/13/10 - 06:01 pm
Must be some mighty good one

Must be some mighty good one for a person to leave a place like Perkins, Ga. Seenit, If one enters from 24 and the other from 25, you can hem him in.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 06:08 pm
vet...You know how that guy

vet...You know how that guy rented land next to Palin in Alaska....I might have to check ole Perkins to see if I want to "buy" something there...sounds like my kind of place....little quiet country town..except for the gun :) shots in the wooded area.

Funding for homeless down slightly

Federal funding for local homeless programs decreased by $552 this year compared to 2014, which community leaders hope to offset in the future by expanding the city's homeless count into south ...