Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

"Breathalyzers at establishments so that we know how much we've drank." This was done many years ago at a favorite Augusta establishment as a novelty. I remember asking the bartender for a disposable mouth piece for the machine. He said, "We do not have any and the machine will be gone soon because our alcohol sales are suffering too much." How about requiring a blood-alcohol test for the drivers before they leave any establishment that serves alcohol. Take the hint, Augusta, and become notable nationwide for a great reason.

It is great that there were volunteers trying to clean up around Butler. Unfortunately it does not "clean up" the problems of the interior. I am a 1991 graduate of Butler and am embarrassed when asked by anyone where I graduated because of its reputation.

Why are so many Americans disturbed about the pastor burning the Quran ? Does it bother Americans when an American flag or a Bible is burned? I do not condone it, but people seem to forget freedom of speech when another religion is "insulted."

Deke's Facebook posting about his jogging schedule is distasteful because Augusta- Richmond County has dire issues. Not everyone can jog in a neighborhood because of crime and blight. Marie Antoinette lost her head because she neglected the common people. We want Deke's head in November!

Let me get this straight. The mayor wants to spend tens of millions of dollars on a new ball park. We spend hundreds of thousands to pay off fired incompetent employees. Yet the city of Augusta says we cannot afford to clean up the blight and nuisance properties that breed crime and drag down our property values. It sounds like Augusta has its priorities out of line.

Headline: "Scientist to treat water pollution with artificial wetlands." 1. There's no true definition of "wetland." Oxford University dictionary for 1993 makes no mention of a word called "wetland," thus it is a newly minted scam word from progressive power grabbers. 2. There's no such thing, so the power grabbers plan to use an "artificial" no-such-thing, and that's supposed to save the planet? This stuff is really getting ridiculous. How can you make an artificial nothing?

Headline: "Humped dino is discovered." They "believe what they have discovered" is a dinosaur. It is a "nearly compete fossil..." It "might have" been something. One genius "thinks the only conceivable explanation is " is that it "could easily have been." It's from "125 million years ago," a time that never was. Its arms "seem like..." There's not one word of concrete fact in the whole story, just guessing.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/10 - 03:51 pm
Boogaloo, ILMAO, you are

Boogaloo, ILMAO, you are something else.........................

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 03:52 pm
Seen it.... Blanks?? I've

Seen it.... Blanks?? I've got a couple years to give you.......

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 03:54 pm
Boog..... too cute!

Boog..... too cute!

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 03:55 pm
Eyes..Have you ever been bad

Eyes..Have you ever been bad enough to get jerked from here..I doubt it! ;)

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 04:08 pm
Seenit... I'm never bad, but

Seenit... I'm never bad, but yes, I've not only been jerked but I've been naughty enough to be banned..... More than once........ ;-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 04:08 pm
Well I don't have a chance

Well I don't have a chance then...I might as well go ahead & plan my funeral....Cg will you make sure that the music played at my funeral will be great music...I prefer ELVIS songs like Amazing Grace & etc...just cremate me.....some could say a few words over me.......check the words first Cg..I don't want any secrets told. :)( TELL DOC he is welcome at my funeral.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 04:16 pm
Seen, you're cracking me

Seen, you're cracking me up... Quit it!!! LOL!! Dang....
My first banning was due to a mass banning of one evening and all initiated by one poster who could give but not take.......
The next banning was due to pure mischief, lots of laughs (for those in on the prank) and short lived. Fact is, I was about to admit to the prank as it was my bedtime when I got caught.......

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 04:23 pm
Gotta leave ya....animals to

Gotta leave ya....animals to feed & husband to please......bbl

KSL
KSL 09/13/10 - 04:29 pm
Eyes, you brought laughter to

Eyes, you brought laughter to me, reminding us of that prank.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 04:40 pm
You were there that night

You were there that night weren't you KSL? As I recall, you were so sweet, we had to pull you into the prank. It was all good fun wasn't it??

Who knows? Perhaps this new board can come up with a prank of its very own that would put ours to shame?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 04:41 pm
Speaking of old timers, ya'll

Speaking of old timers, ya'll forgive me I am about to invoke the devils name, Happy, where/how is nicky?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 04:47 pm
Did SneakyPete recover?

Did SneakyPete recover?

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 04:48 pm
Spews tea at the monitor!!!!

Spews tea at the monitor!!!! Dang RK.... Have some manners and prep peeps!!!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 09/13/10 - 04:49 pm
Ummmm. I'll update you

Ummmm. I'll update you RK.....

KSL
KSL 09/13/10 - 04:50 pm
Me too, Eyes. I just found

Me too, Eyes. I just found his business card a couple of days ago.

KSL
KSL 09/13/10 - 04:52 pm
On Saturday I thought about

On Saturday I thought about popkorn, wondering about his thoughts.

happychimer
happychimer 09/13/10 - 04:52 pm
Roadkill nicky has a full

Roadkill nicky has a full time job and comes on here from time to time. He gets the biggest kick out of getting folks all riled up.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:03 pm
Happy, trust me, we know

Happy, trust me, we know that. He is the one that stuck Roadkill on me.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:09 pm
KSL, get the other Nikki's

KSL, get the other Nikki's butt back in here

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:10 pm
No matter how many pro Lori

No matter how many pro Lori or anti Deke rants they make, Deke is still the best person for the job.He may not be a forceful leader, but he is competent and positive.He has been a good ambassador for Augusta and almost certainly will be reelected.If he don't want critics picking on him on his Facebook page, I don't blame him.My Facebook page is only for my friends too.My vote will go for Deke!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:11 pm
We can rebuild this site,

We can rebuild this site, make it stronger, better, faster.......... sorry, got lost in the 70's for a minute

KSL
KSL 09/13/10 - 05:12 pm
I'll try, RK.

I'll try, RK.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/13/10 - 05:22 pm
Anybody else heard about

Anybody else heard about Planned Parenthood trying to get their curriculum approved by the RCBOE at tomorrow night's board meeting? It is to be placed in RC schools as "Health Science". The abstinence-based curriculum now in place would be booted to an after-school elective, which I'm sure will be in great demand with all the bussed students.

Sounds like people who care about what bunch teach their kids about sex might consider making an appearance and voicing their opinions about this extremely slick move.

30cal
30cal 09/13/10 - 05:27 pm
SEENIT Do you want those

SEENIT Do you want those photos back I could hold on to em and display them at your service. I think RK may have a set ,or is it CG

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:32 pm
Fiat, who are these bussed

Fiat, who are these bussed students?Abstinence should be taught, but we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and pretend these teens aren't engaging in sex.This is happening in all counties, not just Richmond. Some in Richmond County just aren't as able to take care of the problem as others,wink, wink.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:35 pm
If you aren't prepared for

If you aren't prepared for the possible consequences, don't do the deed. wink, wink.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/13/10 - 05:40 pm
Above should be taught at

Above should be taught at home and reinforced in school.

Boogaloo
Boogaloo 09/13/10 - 05:40 pm
It wasn't winking that got me

It wasn't winking that got me in trouble, it was "winkie".

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/13/10 - 05:42 pm
Tell that to them, I can take

Tell that to them, I can take care of mine. Maybe you ought to go into the school system and spread the word. I'm sure that will solve the problem.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/13/10 - 05:43 pm
30cal...If any of those

30cal...If any of those photos show up around here there will be more than 1 funeral going on...I know how to use a 38s&w & I'm packing!:)