Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Politicians who have spent all of their time on giving us health care we didn't want and sending money overseas to wars, y'all are clueless. All anybody cares about is jobs, jobs, jobs. And if y'all are not smart enough to know that by now after two years, y'all are all going to get coughed out in less than eight weeks and we'll see if somebody else can figure out that all anybody cares about is jobs, jobs, jobs.

A big rave and thanks for helping senior citizens, the handicapped and the disabled. We so appreciate you and you have a good heart. Tell it to everyone. Thank you, again.

Duh! Do not take cell phones to school. How hard is that? You want to see how tough it is, mess up and take one in a courtroom. Ha ha.

A rave for Lori Davis for bringing attention to problems in Augusta that have gone ignored for too long. Now there seems to be a serious dialogue forming on how best to deal with Section 8, nuisance properties, blight and curtailing crime. If she can have this much influence as a candidate, I can only imagine what she could accomplish as mayor.

This is a rant regarding Pastor Terry Jones. His plans make me sick to my stomach. He can be in the United States where he and his family are safe and put our soldiers in more danger just so he can sell his book. Heaven does not hold places for reverends who will do anything to make a buck.

I haven't been able to stop laughing since the recent rant and then rave about DUI/breathalyzers. Do you guys really want someone else to GIVE a breathalyzer so YOU can know how much you've drunk? News flash: You are responsible for your actions, not someone else, not the bar owner and not the police. As for the police - catch every one of the drunks and maybe my tax can be reduced.

Tell us what you think

Submit a rant or rave.

corgimom
corgimom 09/11/10 - 06:40 pm
"RANT! I don't understand why

"RANT! I don't understand why peoples' laundry detergent has to smell worse than the paper mill. I sit on my porch and enjoy the finally cool air and get hit in the face with cheap detergent. Spend a little extra $ and we won't have this problem."

Wow. If that's the worst they have to complain about, they lead a pretty good life.

Beats having dirty neighbors.

corgimom
corgimom 09/11/10 - 06:42 pm
"To the person who says that

"To the person who says that taxpayers should not have to pay for someone else's lack of discipline (referring to weight loss surgery) - with that logic then state employees who have emphysema or lung cancer caused by smoking should be denied treatment! Their lack of discipline to quit smoking is costing the taxpayers. What about heart disease in non-obese patients? Is their lack of discipline causing them to continue to eat fatty foods and forsake exercising? Who are you to judge what medical condition is caused simply by a lack of discipline?"

And let's not forget about the people that have accidents doing things that they know they shouldn't do. Deny coverage for them, too.

Taylor B
Taylor B 09/11/10 - 08:54 pm
Dude, Proctor and Gamble is

Dude, Proctor and Gamble is the best smelling industry in Augusta...

dejones
dejones 09/11/10 - 09:10 pm
where are the obits ?

where are the obits ?

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 09/12/10 - 12:32 am
OK, paper plant odor or

OK, paper plant odor or detergent?

catfish20
catfish20 09/12/10 - 04:52 am
I love the smell of Proctor

I love the smell of Proctor and Gamble and the detergent isn't cheap.

momster59
momster59 09/12/10 - 06:51 am
Ranter # 1 - I also care

Ranter # 1 - I also care about the fact that after my son was almost killed, even after my insurance and victims assistance paid, I had a bill of over $13,000 on a teacher's salary. Had he been attacked in Canada we would not have been further victimized.
Raver #2 - you are very welcome, pay forward any kindness shown to you.
Ranter # 3 - take the cell phone, but don't be stupid, turn the darn thing off before going to school, the court room, the movie theater etc.
Raver #4 - Hoorah for Lori, before she started running for mayor nothing at all was getting done. I've seen my neighborhood get a lot more police presence and seen several bad sec. 8 renters moved out. People who really need sec. 8 like the two houses on either side of me can stay.
Ranter #5 - this man, along with Phelps from Westboro do not care about true Christianity. They would find some way to vent their hatred no matter what. They crave the negative attention and sadly use their supposed religious beliefs as a crutch for their hatred. I'm sorry to my true Christian friends.
Ranter #6 - everyone should be accountable for their own actions.
Ranter #7 - your rant does not make sense unless you are trying to talk about Proctor and Gamble. The emissions coming from P&G are almost 100% water, they reclaim everything else. You are probably smelling the paper plant, which I can smell from miles away some days.
Ranter #8 - Right on. Don't drink and drive. If you plan to drink, go with a designated driver. If you don't have a driver, call a cab or a sober friend. The sober friend will be grouchy, but will be glad you didn't kill someone.

momster59
momster59 09/12/10 - 06:49 am
Good Morning to all my

Good Morning to all my Christian friends! Have a peaceful holy day. I'm going out into the wilderness on a Vision Quest this morning and may be communing with the Great Spirit all day. May Wankantanka shine his light on your path and bring you peace.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:19 am
Corgi has a point in her

Corgi has a point in her 742pm post.....right on girl....we will just stop paying for those oxygen tanks won't we!!!
Good am CSRA........bring em on today....CG I don't think that name suits you either.....stick with Cobalt.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:20 am
CG...we could tell them my

CG...we could tell them my nickname for you....snookiepoo.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:23 am

For my shut in friends...shall we gather... :)

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:28 am
seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:36 am

You know I love you baby......now don't this make ya miss somebody.
:)...:)...:)...:)...:)....:)...:)

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:41 am
ok is there a DOCtor in the

ok is there a DOCtor in the house.........some need one.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 07:48 am
R&R Yes we need JOBS-JOBS_

R&R
Yes we need JOBS-JOBS_ that's where it's at.....help seniors always..
Pastor Jones got waaaaay too much attention...news media you know it too....
I love the smell of Gain myself...costs a little more but hey I like to spend GOB's money,
Try going in the courthouse with an implant of any kind...whoaaaa they
want to frisk you ALL over about that.
See...i can cover the r&r. but not like some1 else does......wink/wink

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 08:00 am

I feel this way today....only Sean can mess it up.....;()

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 08:43 am
Sho...I'm sho. Me kno

Sho...I'm sho. Me kno Flo..tks dr. I be feelin' poorly.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 08:47 am

Up & away...gonna look for some music today.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/12/10 - 08:54 am
Good Morning My America, My

Good Morning My America, My Friends and My Foes.

I am still taking bets that within 2 years America will experience something that will make 9/11 look like child play.

As for the muslim issue, IMO it is nothing more than a world cult. Review past world cults and see what the end results were. There were many peace loving humans involved.

My avatar says it all.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 09:00 am

Good ole Marvin Gaye......ya making me lonely baby...heard it thru the vine.
On with the news....connie where are you.

TheArmyWife
TheArmyWife 09/12/10 - 09:00 am
I have four children who were

I have four children who were in three different schools when the terrorist attacks happened on September 11, 2001. Their cell phones allowed me to stay in touch while getting them home from school and back in the gate where we lived during the ensuing evacuations off office buildings on post. It is the student's responsibility to turn them off during school hours and remember they have it as a safety device, not a toy.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 09:03 am

US poverty levels reaching 1960s level..yeh..keep sending our jobs away big boys..you ain't seen nuthin yet!
connie chunk reporting.

Zoe
Zoe 09/12/10 - 09:05 am
WOW. Someone needs some

WOW. Someone needs some attention today. Just wow.

Good Morning CB! Have a good day :)

Zoe
Zoe 09/12/10 - 09:06 am
Oh, and good morning to you

Oh, and good morning to you too momster.

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 09:11 am
Unlike you...when I need

Unlike you...when I need attention I can get it!! :O) loveya!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/12/10 - 09:12 am
And a great day to you too

And a great day to you too Zoe.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/12/10 - 09:17 am
Don't include me in that

Don't include me in that "Healthcare we did not want" statement. I'm for it... except I'd prefer a full National Healthcare system. (Before you comment- I HAVE been on one before and it worked better than they nay sayers claim)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/12/10 - 09:19 am
Has anybody seen 80proof

Has anybody seen 80proof lately?

seenitB4 09/12/10 - 09:20 am
80proof is in my glass this

80proof is in my glass this am..can't you tell?

Richmnd Cty Votr
Richmnd Cty Votr 09/12/10 - 09:28 am
Everyone needs to watch the

Everyone needs to watch the sky! Let me tell you how they keep it sunny! I watch it daily for years! With my own eyes! They keep the clouds from reaching the sun, they will use whatever they need, the trails of chemicals or the CloudBusters. The jets will see which way the wind blows, and the clouds that are racing towards the sun, those are the ones they will dry up. Sounds like science fiction, and I would not have believed it either, until I seen it for myself. Global Warming is the biggest lie of the century. The government is in control of the weather, take that to the bank. Do a search on "Cloud Busters", Chem Trails, and Seeding clouds.