Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

Thank you for the article on Down syndrome. My son is 28 with Downs and one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. They're so vulnerable. I hope Ms. Burley's killer is brought to justice as soon as possible.

Dog walkers who let their dogs poop everywhere and anywhere. My new plan is to shovel the poop out in the street. Maybe when you're walking the dogs, if you get some poo on you, you might get a clue.

This is a rant against Obama and his administration against the pastor who's thinking about burning the Quran . He didn't seem to be upset when the people in Arizona were burning the American flag and all the people overseas burning American soldiers and the Bible and decapitating American civilians. Why is he upset about the Quran ? Is it hitting close to home, Mr. President?

Idiot move of the week goes to North Augusta streets and whatever you call them. They wait until school starts at Hammond Hill Elementary School and they go out with jackhammers the first two days of school. How dumb can somebody be?

America the beautiful. I don't see no beauty looking at me. All I see in Augusta is a whole lot of trash and garbage. Clean up, people, and make America beautiful. It takes some elbow grease.

To the person about the Richmond County Board of Education police officer pumping gas into his car while it's running. If you see that going on and you know it's illegal, write the man's car number down. Call the police officer's boss and report it.

Rant for Columbia County school system. You cancel middle school art, middle school Spanish and furlough teachers. Yet you install brand new HUGE flat screen TVs in the high schools to scroll announcements to the students (that no one reads). Why don't you collect their e-mail addresses and e-mail them the announcements for free?

Huge raves to Sally Rich and the caring, professional teachers at the University Hospital Child Development Center. Rants to University Hospital adminstrators for closing the childcare center to put up another parking lot.

Rant to Southeast Regional Battle of the Bands set to take place Sunday, Sept. 5 at Lucy C. Laney Stadium. My sixth-grader is in band for the first time and I thought it would be cool for him to see college bands perform. I've never attended a "band battle" in the nine years I've lived here so I was looking forward to it as well. I arrived at 4 p.m. to an empty parking lot. A Chronicle reporter pulls in a few minutes after me, double-checking the location and wondering why no one was there. A fellow patron pulls in the lot two minutes after her, saying he heard it promoted on the radio the day before. They didn't bother contacting the newspaper or radio to update.

Tell us what you think
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/10/10 - 09:26 am
Good Morning Historic

Good Morning Historic America, My Friend and Foes.

"Tell us what you think"

To Rant #3, You mean to tell us that you have not realized that in the past 20 months since King SMCICBHO was crowned that if you are not a muslin, your are nothing.

This individual cheers when an American Flag is burned and will be totally in his highest form when all Christian religion is destroyed and no longer exist!

usafvet
usafvet 09/10/10 - 07:39 am
Good morning CG. Hope you are

Good morning CG. Hope you are feeling well today. Thanks for the updates. I'll e-mail you later. Have 4 guys coming over to work today.

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 09/10/10 - 07:57 am
To the rant about Columbia

Money is being saved at some schools because of not hiring subs. All this extra work is put on the para on top of her other job,they do all this with NO extra pay...So where is ALL that money going????
Don't know but the principal of that school sure looks good at the end of the year at his/her evaluation time!

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 07:58 am
Good am Guns...& CSRA Now

Good am Guns...& CSRA
Now that someone has told us about the big flat screens at Columbia county schools, I just wonder how long they will be there.

usafvet
usafvet 09/10/10 - 08:10 am
We do have some residents in

We do have some residents in RC that love to know where the fast moving items are. With the sale of a few flat screens they could put new 22's on their caprice classic and maybe even boost their sound systems so more people could be exposed to their trash. Good morning Seenit and all good conservatives.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 08:15 am
Hi vet.....nice

Hi vet.....nice fresh-cool-brisk good morning to ya...love this weather.

Stewart...ya better watch that sexy talk last night on r&r....ya might have more falling for you...
Jake you are too funny....bring the "scoundrels" back but watch for retard words....lol
They have the posting addiction just like most of us BUT no one has it like corgi does.....she has played both sides of an argument b4 & won both sides....not many can do that! :o)

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/10/10 - 08:22 am
One of my next door neighbors

One of my next door neighbors parks just a few feet from my window. He drives in with the boom box going and sits there listening for a minute or three. While he does that My house vibrates. I am a good neighbor, so rather than complain to him - I accidently set off my car alarm.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 08:24 am

To all the fine folks in retirement homes...I think you will remember this guy..........how many...how many I wonder but I really don't want to know........(true)

corgimom
corgimom 09/10/10 - 08:34 am
The Corgimom smiles

The Corgimom smiles modestly.

While some see the burning of the Koran and the building of the mosque as the same issue, I do not.

One is motivated by hatred, the other is not.

Apples and oranges.

corgimom
corgimom 09/10/10 - 08:36 am
"To the rant about Columbia

"To the rant about Columbia County Schools...Because they spend money on "wants" not "needs". I wish the parents of some of these elementary schools would start questioning why when a teacher is out sick a para has to sub in the classroom,nothing against para's but they are not certified teachers..."

1. Very few people want to work as a substitute teacher, even fewer of those people are certified teachers.

2. Budget cuts.

3. Paras know the school, know the kids, know the culture, know the procedures. It's safer for the kids.

usafvet
usafvet 09/10/10 - 08:49 am
Corgimom, clinton had a

Corgimom, clinton had a problem with "is". Maybe you have a problem with "hate". If a religion teaches eradication of the infidel, and then those practicing that religion label me as the infidel and want to kill me, that is more than enough HATE for this old country boy. Now you go on twisting and distorting everything to suit your own ego and satisfaction but I will not cuddle or pacify a known enemy.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 09:02 am
What amazes me vet is some

What amazes me vet is some muslims bring their family to this nation...THEN they have killed their daughters because the girls tried to adopt the American way of life.. Soo maybe I'm missing something here....why oh why would they come here knowing our way of life, if they want their daughters to live the muslim way. I wouldn't go to live in Iran knowing their "backward" ways toward women. Could it be there is another agenda going on....maybe the agenda is to change OUR way of life to suit them.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 09:52 am
usafvet
usafvet 09/10/10 - 09:52 am
Seenit, I think that is the

Seenit, I think that is the goal of the muslim religion to convert the entire world to their religion.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 09:54 am
Capitol Hill workers owe $9.3

Capitol Hill workers owe $9.3 million in overdue taxes. and $1 billion owed by federal workers across the nation. Now what would happen to us if we owed the $$$.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 09:55 am
Vet I also think that...one

Vet I also think that...one country & one nation slowly but surely.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:03 am

We don't have a strategy to combat home-grown terrorists & other radicalized recruits in this country according to this article....we are too busy checking to see what ballplayers put in their BUTT. Go figure!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/10/10 - 10:09 am
Hang in there fellow

Hang in there fellow r-n-rers, it's almost Friday.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/10/10 - 10:10 am
Friday is considered part of

Friday is considered part of the weekend. Since few people work on the weekends, Friday doesn't start till the end of the work day.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:11 am
I wondered where you were

I wondered where you were RK....I can't do all the news on here by myself you know!

countyman
20120
countyman 09/10/10 - 10:15 am
Make sure to come downtown

Make sure to come downtown and visit Border Bash today... Thousands of people in attendance, food, fun, and a family event...

On another topic: Augusta was ranked one of the top ten cities to raise a family by GeoParent..

Parenting.Com ranked Augusta #20 on the top 100 best cities for families in 2010..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/10/10 - 10:14 am
I am in Dallas till noon

I am in Dallas till noon central time tomorrow. We worked our selves out of a job!!!

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:16 am
Wow countyman...I just tried

Wow countyman...I just tried to pull up your link & my warning about POOR sites popped up....My wot warning is pretty good too. Bad sites will cause damage to my puter'..so I can't see what your link sez abiut Augusta.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/10/10 - 10:19 am
Thousands of people in

Thousands of people in attendance, food, fun, and a family event...including free boxing matching matches, free wrestling matches, puking contests, watching drunks attempt to cross the street, free rides in RCSO patrol cars, free nights stay at 401 Walton Way.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:19 am
But look at all the great

But look at all the great things you can do in Dallas......you are sitting on a gold mine & you just don't know it. Get to travel-eat all kinds of good food...see all kinds of wimmen all over the USA...weather is mild right now....great Texas steaks & barbecue...what else do you want.. money or something?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/10/10 - 10:22 am
A car would be nice. They

A car would be nice. They don't like us leaving the facility if we don't have a wagon attached............... You asked

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:23 am
You can't get a rental car

You can't get a rental car for a day? Too bad you don't have friends there to pick you up & enjoy the sites.

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:28 am
Set me straight RK....2

Set me straight RK....2 drivers to the rig...do both drivers have to stay with it at all times?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 09/10/10 - 10:37 am
We don't have to stay. We are

We don't have to stay. We are going to the hotel, get a shower, good meal and a real bed. Car rental isn't really worth it for 1 afternoon. Now, if I was in ATL you could come get me!!!

seenitB4 09/10/10 - 10:54 am
And I certainly would come

And I certainly would come get you.......& let the games begin!