Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Woman backs over repo man with car

A man repossessing a car early Friday morning was struck by the car's owner when she backed over him, according to a report.

The victim, Mickey Koelling with Professional Auto Recovery, told a deputy that he explained to the suspect, Raven Williams, who he was and why he was outside her apartment on the 2100 block of Vandivere Road.

When Williams got into the car, Koelling assumed she was removing some of her personal items, but Williams turned the car on instead and put the car in reverse, a report said.

Koelling was hit in the leg, but not badly injured.

Williams fled the scene but Koelling plans to press charges of reckless conduct, according to a report.

janet58
janet58 08/28/10 - 04:43 am
I wish Obama would run that

I wish Obama would run that cash for clunkers thing again.... I didn't qualify then, but I d@mn sure do now!!!

mjct1
mjct1 08/28/10 - 05:59 am
well we can consider the

well we can consider the bills left by bush, cheney's halliburton, looking for bin laden, war in iraq and afghanistan, the stealing on the last eight years, and do not forget the country we are building houses in and we do not live there. my how we forget when we first ran out of gas!

mjct1
mjct1 08/28/10 - 06:01 am
the damage that was done in

the damage that was done in the last eight years is less than the last six months. that is backwards!

disssman
disssman 08/28/10 - 06:54 am
MJCT1. Perhaps the last

MJCT1. Perhaps the last resident destroyed the house so bad it wasn't salvageable and had to be rebuilt from scratch. Now, exactly what was the shape of the country in when Mr business left office? If I remember correctly it resembled the last few minutes of the Titanic as it slowly started to slip under water.

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/28/10 - 07:19 am
Raven = Classic Obama voter.

Raven = Classic Obama voter. Does not pay bills. Sense of entitlement for things not paid for. Willing to use violence to achieve her ends. Irresponsible.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/28/10 - 07:27 am
That's so RAVEN!

That's so RAVEN!

ispy4u
ispy4u 08/28/10 - 07:35 am
That's so IGNORANT.

That's so IGNORANT.

apex24
apex24 08/28/10 - 08:12 am
"Obama said I didn't have to

"Obama said I didn't have to pay for this car"

Fawkes
Fawkes 08/28/10 - 08:19 am
She aint no rookie. She

She aint no rookie.

She should have paid that title pawn and probably would have but she didnt win the cash 3

ispy4u
ispy4u 08/28/10 - 08:34 am
Just like a conservative. Not

Just like a conservative. Not enough sense to get out the way of a moving car.

countyman
20222
countyman 08/28/10 - 08:36 am
I thought the democrats were

I thought the democrats were obsessed with Bush, but white southerners are taking the Obama thing to a whole new level...

cparker
cparker 08/28/10 - 08:36 am
How did Obama become

How did Obama become responsible for a failed repo? If Obama is giving away money I need anyone of you wise Conservatives to tell me where to send my truck notes because I need a personal stimulus plan you guys keep crying about. If there are free houses, cars, or even a piggy bank being stored up from robbing white people to give to the poor, I want my share. Where do I apply? Or is this some more crap from the Prophet Rush, Beck, Or Fixed News Channel. I feel cheated because white people keep saying there is money I'm suppose to get from Obama, but won't tell me how to get it....

airbud7
airbud7 08/28/10 - 08:53 am
Look at it like this: Bush

Look at it like this: Bush doubled the national debt in 8 years of being president. That was about $5,000,000,000. By the end of Obama's 1st hundred days, he will have "almost" done the same, spending somewhere around $4,000,000,000.and we have nothing to show for IT!!!

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/28/10 - 08:58 am
What ever happened to Hit and

What ever happened to Hit and Run?

loony2u
loony2u 08/28/10 - 09:24 am
Obama's change DID NOT

Obama's change DID NOT trickle down to the blue collar worker or the people on Social Security and Disability; it is still hard to make ends meet. And since when is it alright to keep blaming other people for the things that have happened, when he chose to run for that office? He's not makeing things easier for the people on the lower rings of the ladder, if you know what I mean. Once again, the government just helped out the big corporations and the rich people.

Msmamm
Msmamm 08/28/10 - 09:44 am
WOW ... you all can find a

WOW ... you all can find a way to blame Obama for everything!! LOL! Just keep watching FOX News and see what he does next .... I can see your eyes glued to the TV waiting for his next failed magic trick! He is just waving his magic wand trying to rescue this nation from the mess it was left in by his predecessor, and in the meantime he is telling everyone who may or may not have voted for him that they are no longer responsible for any of their financial obligations, right?!! WOW ... what other rabbit can he pull out of his hat? LOL! Keep watching folks ... this is getting good!

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/28/10 - 09:49 am
This is not about Obama. This

This is not about Obama. This is about someone who thinks they are entitled to finance something, not pay for it, and attack a person who wants their rightful proplerty back. Oh wait.......the Obama analogy does apply. See Obamacare and Stimulus vs. the taxpayer.

Chillen
Chillen 08/28/10 - 10:08 am
The entitlement crowd strikes

The entitlement crowd strikes again. Their morals and demands will be the destruction of our nation.

JackBootedThug
JackBootedThug 08/28/10 - 10:17 am
I couldn't pay my car note

I couldn't pay my car note cause I hat to get my hair dit...

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 08/28/10 - 10:41 am
Raven didn't pay her car

Raven didn't pay her car payments and was about to lose her car. When the repo man came to get it she assaults him with it and races away (car theft?). Now she faces not only the loss of the car but her freedom as well.
I'd like to think that she's learned something of value from all of this, but I'd be willing to bet that she'll blame everyone but herself for her irresponsible choices.

jamie8706
jamie8706 08/28/10 - 10:54 am
What Raven did has nothing to

What Raven did has nothing to do with Obama....Obama don't pay her bills, she does.....So get off Obama please!!!!!!!

missaugusta07
missaugusta07 08/28/10 - 11:04 am
why are people blaming

why are people blaming President Obama because some people are'nt paying they're bills,you guys have really proved to me what this is all about.People were'nt paying they're bills before he got in office and they won't after he is out,I guess it's his fault for BP oil spill,he blew that up too.And to use Uncle Ruckus as an avatar is truly amazing to me!It seems as though everybody here in this part of the world still blame someone of another race for everything!We all have to be accountable for everything we do,and to blame the President because of individuals not paying bills or all crimes,How do you know she was an Obama voter,from what I read the majority that put him is office was the caucasian voters,so from what I see you need to stop pointing fingers at him and be accountable for yourself,all this hate in the world and you all that so negative should learn to do do something for someone no matter what color,race,creed,or religion...The bible speaks of love but on here all I hear is hate,hate and more hate!I would advise you that the same person that you keep putting down and bad mouthing might have to help you one day,you hide behind this because you either work or know someone of a different race and you do not want them to know you are really this way,Love thy neighbor as thyself!But it seems as though you hate your neighbor and maybe even yourself!I love you though,and stop blaming everything on one person,I bet some of you are reaping the harvest from President Obama but like they say throw a rock and hide your hand!You guys have a bless day and great weekend!

crackerjack
crackerjack 08/28/10 - 11:03 am
Barack is George Soros and

Barack is George Soros and the Union Bosses mouthpiece, and just does what he is told by his handlers. It is Congress that writes bills and laws and passes them who is the real culprit, and the Democratic Controlled Congress has been in power for nearly four years. So how many years must pass until the Democrats start to take ownershhip for what they did?

dcrgwc3
dcrgwc3 08/28/10 - 11:57 am
omg.. I cannot believe this.

omg.. I cannot believe this. We are talking about a woman that did not pay her bill and her car was repossed to now talking about Obama. What does he have to do with this subject, or being black , or politics, or what Bush did? Give me a break. Someone is always trying to take a light hearted subject and turn it into their own debate. Thanks a lot Uncle Ruckus! Hope you are proud of yourself for starting this. Why would you even bring up Obama? If you don't like him wait til they post a political subject and talk about then. Why is everyone so racist , and I mean on both sides. People just make me sick. Have a nice day for those of you who are not.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/28/10 - 12:00 pm
Too bad we can't have cheap,

Too bad we can't have cheap, plastic, no contract cars, like those cell phones that you just use and throw away when the time runs out for those who can't pay monthly.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 08/28/10 - 12:31 pm
ITDOC......Your

ITDOC......Your 7:27......Priceless ! p.s. we finally got that Vizio taken car of last week!!

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 08/28/10 - 12:37 pm
Crackerjack, your 8:58....

Crackerjack, your 8:58.... The Sheriff's Dept will take care of the vehicle violations, the victum can press only the reckless conduct charges. My guess is she will get chaged with felony hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident with injuries, reckless driving, assault with a motor vehicle, abd being a moron..... I'm sure there will be a few other charges thrown in for good measure AS THEY SHOULD !

Chillen, your 10:08.... Nothing could be closer to the truth in this country. That should be on billboards everywhere!

OIC
OIC 08/28/10 - 01:22 pm
repo men have no right to

repo men have no right to take a car that will not be given by the owner operator. This is a civil matter between the loan company and the person that is responsible for the payment to the bank. They can obtain the proper paper work from a judge to take possession of the car. They usually just take the car without permission and then return it to the loan company. The repo man that got hit by the car more than likely placed himself in harms way during his attempted repossession. State law should limit repossessions to licensed collectors who have court orders to take the vehicle.

corgimom
corgimom 08/28/10 - 01:40 pm
I wonder how OIC knows that

I wonder how OIC knows that there wasn't proper paperwork? Just curious.

follower 08/28/10 - 01:45 pm
OIC, you're partly right. The

OIC, you're partly right. The repo man has the right to take the car without permission and without notification. If present, the owner can verbally refuse to release the car, and the repo man must cease the repossession.

They don't need permission to take it, but must relent if confronted. They also can't damage property in the removal.

They do not need a court order to begin a repossession. Failure to make payments on time constitutes a breach of contract.

To avoid all of this, pay your bills, or at least notify the lending institution if there is a problem. This persons actions will result in arrest from what is now a criminal act, although it started as a civil act.