Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

How many more accidents do we need to have on Highway 56 before they slow those big trucks down? I almost got run over yesterday by a log truck as I was trying to turn into a local business. He smoked his tires trying to stop. I had my turn signal on for a block or more. They just don't pay attention.

IT IS WEEK TWO of the school year, and to date I have questioned my children regarding homework assignments and I've been disappointed to find they have none. What they have presented in lieu of homework is loads of papers pertaining to silly contracts between students, teachers and parents about disciplinary problems. Why are my tax dollars being spent on this nonsense? Instead of printing hoards of useless disciplinary contracts, start using this paper to put assignments out to the students and engage their minds in academics.

I WOULD JUST like to thank the nice gentleman in the red Chevrolet pickup who helped me when my car battery died at the North Augusta Kroger gas station. Your kindness is greatly appreciated, and I will definitely pass it forward.

"FREE" CHECKING accounts that charge fees. Just more modern, manipulative lingo to scam productive people. It comes from government; it comes from banks.

COLUMBIA COUNTY commissioners, there are other residents in the county besides those in Evans and Martinez. When are you going to get with Georgia DOT and do something about traffic problems on Lewiston Road? Do not tell me it's a state road; we already know that. You need to intervene and get something done for this side of the county.

THE AVERAGE MONEY for back-to-school supplies is now $606 per kid. What's a student need but pencil and paper? That's all Einstein had.

THIS IS A RANT for the person who took my large sun medallion off the exterior of my house in the Hephzibah area. Would you please return it? This was a Mother's Day gift and had been hanging there for eight years.

THIS IS A RANT against the committee at Augusta State University that it would even consider turning that golf trophy over to the Augusta museum. What a shame. This trophy for that national championship golf team should be kept at the college in a case. Shame, shame, shame. Who even wants to go to that Augusta museum anymore? Thumbs down on it.

HOORAY FOR PUTTING the GPS in the waterworks vehicles. Wish every county official that had a car had GPS in it, too.

THIS IS A RAVE for the Walmart pharmacy employees for their good job in helping me get my medicine after my hysterectomy.

Tell us what you think
Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 08/23/10 - 01:37 am
Last Raver - Thanks for the

Last Raver - Thanks for the unnecessary detail.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 08/23/10 - 01:40 am
All county vehicles should

All county vehicles should have GPS so we can see where the various employees are going to sell drugs and break other laws until we finally start doing pre-employment background checks.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 08/23/10 - 04:42 am
To the second ranter..all

To the second ranter..all that paperwork is NOT the doing of the teacher, just remember that. The teachers are hindered in teaching because they have so many beaurocratic hoops to jump through, it makes teaching almost secondary. A teacher I know says she can't even post pictures in the hall of Thanksgiving turkeys or pumpkins that the children colored because they don't have anything to do with the "core curriculum" that the state mandates! The government has made a mess out of everything. But, you know what? My teacher friend posts the pictures up anyway! The children and the parents are proud of those pictures!

rdy2snapp
rdy2snapp 08/23/10 - 05:57 am
This is a rave for being able

This is a rave for being able to protect your children and family when somone decides they will breakk in your home and steal you blind for everything you worked for or are memorys!!!!!!!.Smile

MajorPaul
MajorPaul 08/23/10 - 06:22 am
All our 'officials' keep

All our 'officials' keep telling us how important education is. Then they go and cut the education budget again.
The classes are already too big, the students can not take their text books home, if a student does not do his homework a teacher "has" to give him at least a 60% anyway -- no wonder America is falling so far behind the rest the world in education!
Maybe take some of the money being used for worthless things (like padding politicians pockets) and but the kids some textbooks!

disssman
disssman 08/23/10 - 06:27 am
JMO. I know you want to

JMO. I know you want to blame the government for everything. But when you voted for a RCBOE member last time, just how did the government push the button? Our problem is the RCBOE who allows schools to be run without policys and with no office you can contact to get an answer. But, we do have a highly paid mouthpiece to pass out information that makes them look good. Maybe what we need is a Inspector General, seperate from the school burocracy and who the teachers could contact about useless paperwork. Just why don't they have a RCBOE cares office for finding out answers to problems? I dare say it would be cheaper than the spokesman and may actually get us some answers.

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 08/23/10 - 07:40 am
I dont know what school the

I dont know what school the second ranters kids go to, but mine have had homework every night the last two weeks. I guess the reform school takes more paperwork.

billoftt
billoftt 08/23/10 - 08:02 am
I like the idea of GPS in the

I like the idea of GPS in the city and county vehicles, both as a tool for the employee and as a "supervisory" tool, assuming the employee doesn't just turn it off. However, I am envisioning a time in the future in which using the GPS as a tool evolves into dependency, causing workers to use excuses such as "That address wasn't in the GPS," and "I wnet to where the GPS said to and the place was not there."

Remember, a GPS (and I do own one) is but a tool. It is only as useful as the tool that operates it.

Ladybug
Ladybug 08/23/10 - 08:05 am
Jay what's wrong about

Jay what's wrong about telling she had an hysterectomy? , absurd, when you get your vasectomy, don't post it, see how simple it is...

bettyboop
bettyboop 08/23/10 - 08:16 am
Looks like we are reading

Looks like we are reading yesterdays news..................again.
Oh and the homework is pouring in on this side of the river.(SC)

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:28 am
Happy Monday, y'all. If

Happy Monday, y'all. If that's even possible. 8-)
Not much to work with in the printed RNR so I must pass.
Have a nice day.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:30 am
Maybe the last ranter was

Maybe the last ranter was letting us know she was no longer using procreative income generation?

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 08/23/10 - 08:31 am
Ladybug - I didn't post it.

Ladybug - I didn't post it. It adds nothing to the rave about the helpful pharmacy staff to know what the condition was.

InChristLove
InChristLove 08/23/10 - 08:31 am
Unbelievable, don't know what

Unbelievable, don't know what school your child attends but my son who is a senior has been in school two weeks and has had no homework either. It took the school a full week before we could get his classes straightened out. Had him in classes he has already taken and failed to place him in classes he needed to graduate. I understand the school staff is overwhelmed...too many students, not enough teachers. I definitely would not want their job after witnessing the disrespect some students displayed in the guidance office the first week of school. Your comment insinuating the ranter's child was in reform school was both rude and uncalled for.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 08/23/10 - 08:32 am
To the ranter crying about no

To the ranter crying about no homework & all the contracts. Perhaps this is necessary because every time that school turns around they're in trouble for making your little "angel" cry. If parents would give their kids some home training & attention teachers wouldn't have to do it for you. Parents HAVE to take some responsibility there!!! The ranter crying about school supplies-- what do you expect from tax cuts?? When the school's student population rises and funding gets diminished from tax cuts parents are going to have to pick up the difference. And last- the person crying about fees from their bank. Shop around! I've been a member of the largest credit union in the area for many years and have NEVER been charged to have an account there! In fact I've gotten WONDERFUL service from them!!!

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:35 am
Why bother with contracts

Why bother with contracts between students and the school? The parent(s) will just claim they a: didn't read it b: didn't understand it or c: it's discriminatory. Welcome to Richmond County.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/23/10 - 08:42 am
Good Morning America, My

Good Morning America, My Friends and Foes:

Yep, Same old POOP. The great world of PC playground.

It you read between the lines of all the Rants you will see hidden the King SMCICBHO laughing at all of you.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:46 am
MHDTE

MHDTE

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 08/23/10 - 08:48 am
"The best minds are not in

"The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away."
-- Ronald Reagan

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/23/10 - 08:50 am
We will be laughing soon

We will be laughing soon Cobalt...soon
Good am CSRA.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/23/10 - 08:51 am
ok Doc, which one do I use

ok Doc, which one do I use for the difination of MHDTE?

On the structure of the chromosomes of www.springerlink.com/index/K237237540U1JG5P.pdf - Similar pages
Das Di-Isocyanat-Polyadditionsverfahren (Polyurethane)Diese mhDte es also gestatten, ausgehend von beliebigen nieder- und
hochmolekularen Verbindungen bzw. von Vorkondensaten oder von Polymerisaten mit
bi- und ...
www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/112241258/articletext?DOI=10.1002/ange.19470590901 - Similar pages
(゚д゚)<アメリカが見えるよ!! - スロットサロン - 2chの勢い ...... 13:( ´∀`)ノ7777さん[] 09/09/07(月) 15:03:23 ID:MWMkK2tLO(1): やべぇ;
14:( ´∀`)ノ7777さん[] 09/09/18(金) 11:57:12 ID:mHdte/BCO(1): こなしゃ ...
read2ch.com/r/slot/1250864012/ - 22k - Similar pages
(゚д゚)<アメリカが見えるよ!!... 14 :( ´∀`)ノ7777さん:2009/09/18(金) 11:57:12 ID:mHdte/BCO: こなしゃ;
15 :( ´∀`)ノ7777さん:2009/09/24(木) 21:25:55 ...
www.unkar.org/read/yuzuru.2ch.net/slot/1250864012 - 16k - Similar pages
オメゴンVSシワバーバ20 :( ´∀`)ノ7777さん:2009/09/18(金) 12:04:51 ID:mHdte/BCO: 柿ピーとのり
ピーの違い お菓子が柿ピー おかしいのがのりピー ...
www.unkar.org/read/namidame.2ch.net/slot/1251571207 - 70k - Similar pages
オメゴンVSシワバーバゴテンクス&ピッコロ吸収ブウが更に悟飯を吸収して強化しても全く歯が立たない
ベジット。 20 :( ´∀`)ノ7777さん:2009/09/18(金) 12:04:51 ID:mHdte/BCO ...
namidame.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/slot/1251571207/ - 68k - Similar pages
赤潮プランクトン防除剤およびそれを用いた赤潮プランクトンの駆除方法 ...次に、下記反応式に従い、HDTAメチルエステル(MHDTE)を合成した。
Lindlar試薬200mg、乾燥ベンゼン6mLを入れ、50mLの三角フラスコに
...
www.j-tokkyo.com/2007/A01N/JP2007-145737.shtml - 42k - Similar pages
Den evige fredempiristiske, som han mHdte gennem den irske filosof David Hume (171131776).
Empiristerne mener modsat rationalisterne, at den eneste sikre erkendelse, vi
...
rudar.ruc.dk/bitstream/1800/4853/1/Den evige fred.pdf - - Similar pages

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:52 am
If George W. Bush had been

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing audios of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in the United States , would you have said that he is clueless.

If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you have thought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about * that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 15 months -- so you'll have two years and nine months to come up with an answer.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:53 am
George: May He Drink To

George: May He Drink To Extinction

billoftt
billoftt 08/23/10 - 08:54 am
I agree, this morning's

I agree, this morning's Rant's and Raves seem to be not as 'colorful' as they usually are.

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 08/23/10 - 08:55 am
"A committee can make a

"A committee can make a decision that is dumber than any of its members."
-- David Coblitz

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:56 am
BTW: "*" is now my reference

BTW: "*" is now my reference to the current resident of PA Ave. He'll be an asterisk in every history book till the end of days... for many reasons.

Those that railed against my derogatory names for Obowelmovement, don't worry. I'll still use them occasionally.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 08:57 am
Mornin Broner

Mornin Broner

Jay Voorhees
Jay Voorhees 08/23/10 - 09:01 am
Back atcha, the weather gods

Back atcha, the weather gods must not realize that T and RK are both off work.....

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/23/10 - 09:08 am
Agreed. It is simply lovely

Agreed. It is simply lovely out there this am. Just went and had a nice talk with God.

Thank you Jesus for sacrificing so that I may live.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/23/10 - 09:09 am
Doc, Ya Da Man.

Doc, Ya Da Man.

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.