Rants & Raves

I think the payment of surgeries for overweight people is terrible! I am overweight myself and as hard as I try, I can't seem to keep the extra weight off but I sure don't feel like someone should pay for surgery as there is always a risk with such surgeries which do not always work. Or are these surgeries supposed to be a way to study the harmful effects by people foolish enough to risk their lives getting cut into?

The city accepted federal monies for new streetlights adding to our national debt. The cities and states should refuse federal dollars. if they want new street lights the city should pay for them. My federal tax dollars should not be used for dumb street lights.

ASU is the tax supported college that denies rights to Christian students. But what does ASU favor? The first week of school includes: rides, games, food, bingo, fireworks, golf, "to gear up students." ASU uses absurdity to "welcome" students, but does not welcome Christians. Christians, beware! Don't get near ASU. They might give you some golf or bingo.

Thank you Lewiston Elemetary for locking the doors and making the parents stand in the rain, thunder and lightning before parent orientation. We really got a good idea of how much value you place on our lives and the lives of our children!

If local school officials had brains they'd know that accepting even one federal grant means they are ceding legitimate local authority to the federal government. This is both unconstitutional and supremely dumb.

Sylvia Cooper is a great communicator and gives me a good laugh every time I read her comments.

If you have a potbelly and don't use deodorant, then please don't wear a tank top out to a restaurant. You are just telling everyone that you are a slob. If you can't dress properly then eat at home or go to the drive thru.

Another rave for Dr. Frank Moreland and all those in his practice and office. They treated our fragile rescued cat with sensitivity and excellent care, upholding humane ethics to the highest degree. Our simple, but very lovable, gray tabby cat was given the best of veterinary service, even to the very end.

The government (all levels) made a big secrecy deal out of what was being dug up at Ft. Lawton/Magnolia Springs State Park at Millen. Now the GA Southern website reveals the big secrets. That's it?! A pipe? A cut bullet?! Why such secrecy? What idiots govt produces!

I like most Americans agree with the president concerning religious freedom. But, common sense should question promoting a mosque to be built near Ground Zero. Not only is this a slap in the face and insult to all impacted by the terrorist attack of 911, but also is another example of Muslims attempting to subjugate all non-believers (infidels).

People that want to move to North Augusta, come on over. The mosquitoes are very hungry. Almost no money is being spent on mosquito spray. Come on over.

Tell us what you think

Comments (120)

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 06:28 pm

Sliique: back in the day, a

Sliique: back in the day, a site like this would be a "bulletin board". Guess why?

usafvet
usafvet 08/20/10 - 06:42 pm

sliique, I would hazard a

sliique, I would hazard a guess that Barney Fife is your hero. This pertains because it is in reference to your post about another post that didn't pertain to anything that you thought was in step with rants and raves or comments concerning those rants and raves. The Augusta Chronicle is so fortunate to have people playing "post cop". You are a democrat, aren't you? We in the Republican appreciate your choice. I do hope you have an enjoyable day with everyone conducting themselves in a manner conducive to making you a happy camper.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 06:54 pm

sliique, Friday, Aug. 20 5:38

sliique, Friday, Aug. 20 5:38 PM

My 4:40 was way off topic, why don't you try and tear me a new (_*_) for mine!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 07:03 pm

Heck sliique, I'll even put

Heck sliique, I'll even put my gun down and show you my face!

Jake
Jake 08/20/10 - 07:13 pm

I like sliique, he or she

I like sliique, he or she (has it been determined?) tries to keep everyone focused on the sleek (or slick) notion that what is posted as a Rant or Rave is actually topical to all the comments that should follow. If we followed sliique's direction there would probably be 25 comments max on the R&R. Personally I like the intrigue that comes with each day as to who has a good video to share or who has a really stupid comment, like the one I am making now. I also like Trey's (can I say his name?) comment one time as he was addressing the almighty (corgimom) who seems to always have the "truth" in her pocketbook, that this forum is about OPINION not necessarily the "truth".

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 07:19 pm

sliique, are you brave or

sliique, are you brave or proud enough to show your face?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 07:56 pm

This place has been dead today....here's my contribution Jake!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 08:09 pm

Jake, you are right. See what

Jake, you are right. See what sliique did!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 08:21 pm

Cobalt I think they are

Cobalt I think they are getting those guns ready in case they need them...The Judge knew how to use his! Sad that jerks think it is worth taking a chance by breaking in a home. I would do the same thing the Good Judge did.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 08:24 pm

There is a huge difference in

There is a huge difference in my book between starting the day off with nonsensical comments and links to songs anybody could find themselves etc and going ahead and letting those who wish to read and comment on the actual Rants and Raves have a chance before the clowning starts. I like the clowning too, but I personally try and leave most of it until folks have had a chance to read any legitimate posts/opinions (if there happen to be any).

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 08:32 pm

My personal pet peeve is

My personal pet peeve is IDIOTS using this forum to RESPOND to emails that they received. Try hitting "Reply" on the message you just got, you'll be amazed with the results.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 08:32 pm

Cobalt...The good thing about

Cobalt...The good thing about posting on R&R is we all have our OWN personal opinion about we like to see & read on here....also to the posters who want to skip over posts they are always welcome to do so.
And just like everything else in life TO EACH HIS OWN...
pass the grits. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 08:38 pm

one of my favs...
good nighty nite...sweet dreams

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 08:54 pm

Lets see, My first post at

Lets see, My first post at 7:28 was off topic, the next 11 were also off topic, so in conclusion, I am the Idiot that JR Is referring to.

I will not be able to sleep tonight.

usafvet
usafvet 08/20/10 - 09:06 pm

Live and let live. Don't get

Live and let live. Don't get so up tight. Cool it, dude. Ease up, man. No sweat GI. Many other expressions to get a point across. These post are a bunch of words that will all be deleted after a pre-determined period so no problem to AC. The number of words that someone posts takes nothing away from the number that you or I may post. Enjoy them, skip over them or ignore them. Tolerance is a wonderful attribute.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 09:07 pm

CG - Since you are going to

CG - Since you are going to be awake all night, here is a link you might enjoy. Nice toys....

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 09:08 pm

Hey, I merely shared my

Hey, I merely shared my personal opinions and identified them as such. You may agree or disagree, that is everybody's choice and right.

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 09:10 pm

May I assume correctly,

May I assume correctly, Cobalt? Lil Johnny is not on the guest fish list?

usafvet
usafvet 08/20/10 - 09:11 pm

Good evening CG, Seenit, and

Good evening CG, Seenit, and all. Was out most of the day. I enjoy all. Even the posts that I don't like make me appreciate the ones that I do enjoy. Like having a pain. It feels so much better when it quits hurting.

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 09:13 pm

Hey usa---did you and sweets

Hey usa---did you and sweets wear matching outfits tonight?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 09:19 pm

Good night usavet. I feel so

Good night usavet. I feel so bad about posting info on sarge. All including JR, please accept my apology.

With that said and done....POO!

usafvet
usafvet 08/20/10 - 09:28 pm

Yes, on the matching outfits.

Yes, on the matching outfits. Cobalt, I appreciate the up dates and I also know there are several others on here that appreciate it as well. And before someone tries to give me a free tutorial on e-mail and multiple copying, I know how.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 09:33 pm

My Good Night opinion, I

My Good Night opinion, I think Jake @ 7:13 came the closest to defining today's R&R.

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 09:33 pm

USAF--someone told me to give

USAF--someone told me to give you that dig!!!

usafvet
usafvet 08/20/10 - 09:37 pm

OK on the dig, tell her we

OK on the dig, tell her we said hi.

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 09:41 pm

k

k

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 10:23 pm

A pedestrian just got

A pedestrian just got squashed by a hit and run driver in a white SUV at 15th and MLK. Y'all stay safe out there!

psychologyseniorusc
psychologyseniorusc 08/21/10 - 12:08 am

ASU, as accepting state and

ASU, as accepting state and federal money, does not have the right to discriminate. Neutrality, honesty, honor, lovingness, and acceptance is the standard. Not the hatred [presented be the bleached blonde bimbo preaching to other people. GET it.

handoff57
handoff57 08/21/10 - 07:25 am

Morning, and if you don't

Morning, and if you don't mind, that's about the dumbest thing I ever heard. My wife is over half Arapaho Indian, and at last report, people like her are the only true Amerians by your defintion!

minnesota
minnesota 08/21/10 - 12:09 pm

Yes there might be mexicans

Yes there might be mexicans working,how do you know there illegal? Would you or any other American be out there in over 100 degrees working, Americans draw unemployment to the end, dont even trying to look for a job.