Rants & Raves

I think the payment of surgeries for overweight people is terrible! I am overweight myself and as hard as I try, I can't seem to keep the extra weight off but I sure don't feel like someone should pay for surgery as there is always a risk with such surgeries which do not always work. Or are these surgeries supposed to be a way to study the harmful effects by people foolish enough to risk their lives getting cut into?

The city accepted federal monies for new streetlights adding to our national debt. The cities and states should refuse federal dollars. if they want new street lights the city should pay for them. My federal tax dollars should not be used for dumb street lights.

ASU is the tax supported college that denies rights to Christian students. But what does ASU favor? The first week of school includes: rides, games, food, bingo, fireworks, golf, "to gear up students." ASU uses absurdity to "welcome" students, but does not welcome Christians. Christians, beware! Don't get near ASU. They might give you some golf or bingo.

Thank you Lewiston Elemetary for locking the doors and making the parents stand in the rain, thunder and lightning before parent orientation. We really got a good idea of how much value you place on our lives and the lives of our children!

If local school officials had brains they'd know that accepting even one federal grant means they are ceding legitimate local authority to the federal government. This is both unconstitutional and supremely dumb.

Sylvia Cooper is a great communicator and gives me a good laugh every time I read her comments.

If you have a potbelly and don't use deodorant, then please don't wear a tank top out to a restaurant. You are just telling everyone that you are a slob. If you can't dress properly then eat at home or go to the drive thru.

Another rave for Dr. Frank Moreland and all those in his practice and office. They treated our fragile rescued cat with sensitivity and excellent care, upholding humane ethics to the highest degree. Our simple, but very lovable, gray tabby cat was given the best of veterinary service, even to the very end.

The government (all levels) made a big secrecy deal out of what was being dug up at Ft. Lawton/Magnolia Springs State Park at Millen. Now the GA Southern website reveals the big secrets. That's it?! A pipe? A cut bullet?! Why such secrecy? What idiots govt produces!

I like most Americans agree with the president concerning religious freedom. But, common sense should question promoting a mosque to be built near Ground Zero. Not only is this a slap in the face and insult to all impacted by the terrorist attack of 911, but also is another example of Muslims attempting to subjugate all non-believers (infidels).

People that want to move to North Augusta, come on over. The mosquitoes are very hungry. Almost no money is being spent on mosquito spray. Come on over.

Tell us what you think
sassylassie
sassylassie 08/20/10 - 09:29 am
CobaltGeorge you have

CobaltGeorge you have inspired me today! Thanks so much.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/10 - 11:04 am
Where did everybody go?

Where did everybody go?

disssman
disssman 08/20/10 - 11:07 am
IT doc. Out of work

IT doc. Out of work americans will drive by and say " wow it is unbelieveable what some people will do for a couple of pennys. I am just waiting for the day people like you are replaced by cheap labor from India or Pakistan. I assumed they were illegal, the same way I assume someone with a turban on the head is a muslim or a 2x4 to the head hurts even if you have never had it happen personally. It is called common sense.

disssman
disssman 08/20/10 - 11:16 am
ITdoc what is a "rare native

ITdoc what is a "rare native born american"? Is that another way of saying black race? Sure sounds like you are playing a race card or something. BTW Naturalized americans must be able to speak, read and write english.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 11:30 am
That was not at all what he

That was not at all what he was saying and you know it. I'm sorry to jump in for somebody else, but that was just a ridiculous comment. He is on a job site at the moment and can't respond himself. He is printing money.....

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 12:00 pm
Your tax dollars at work.

Your tax dollars at work. From the "Nanny State" product recall list this week:

SLEDGE HAMMERS

DETAILS: Hickory handle sledge hammers made in India and sold at White Cap Construction Supply distributors from April 2009 through May 2010 have been recalled. Eleven different models were included in the recall.

WHY: The head of the sledge hammer can loosen and detach, posing a risk of impact injury.

INCIDENTS: None reported

HOW MANY: About 15,000

FOR MORE: Call 877-281-4831 or visit http://www.cpsc.gov or http://www.whitecap.com

omnomnom
omnomnom 08/20/10 - 12:17 pm
I got a splinter from the

I got a splinter from the wooden broken shovel handle i used to mix the mortar thats giving me silicosis and cut up hands and i spread that between the bricks of that wall i'm building and one of them suckers just up and fell on my big toe and it smarts like heck. Where are all the lawyers? I want to tell someone I mean business and I don't know who.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 12:18 pm
LOL - omno - You got it,

LOL - omno - You got it, brother.

NotReallyGA
NotReallyGA 08/20/10 - 12:26 pm
Beck continues with absurd

Beck continues with absurd Holocaust references: "Charles Darwin is the father of the Holocaust" LOL NUTTERY always on parade with him day in and day out.

omnomnom
omnomnom 08/20/10 - 12:32 pm
I would loooove loooove love

I would loooove loooove love it if Johnny Edwards would come back (where are you??) Oh, and Damon Cline too (MCG doesn't need you like we do) By the way, has anyone noticed more road lights out across Augusta? Is this the city trying to save money, or just shoddy utilities dept. work?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/10 - 12:35 pm
They can't replace them. They

They can't replace them. They haven't found an eco-friendly way to dispose of the new eco-friendly bulbs. Only choice is to leave 'em there.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 12:50 pm
If the Loony Left are still

If the Loony Left are still this crabby and grumpy every day in all their posts, what are they going to do when they no longer have control of Capitol Hill?

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/20/10 - 01:24 pm
I think they will sorely miss

I think they will sorely miss it. Morning all! How y'all are? Wow..you all started without me...bummers...no matter, as I have the ring. The one ring. And you don't. Nah nah na naaah....ooops, sorry, lost it there for a sec. LoL

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/20/10 - 01:29 pm
My quote for the day: "Onward

My quote for the day: "Onward up many a frightening creek, though your arms may get sore and your sneakers may leak. Oh! The places you'll go!"
— Dr. Seuss

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 01:33 pm
Thanks for covering my six,

Thanks for covering my six, JR. The cabbage harvest was grand indeed. Nice lady gave me two HP wireless keyboard/mice combos as a tip.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 02:18 pm
I am so grateful to live in a

I am so grateful to live in a country with so few immediate concerns that our Government can prosecute Roger Clemens for lying to Congress.

There certainly cannot be a better use of our tax payer funded representatives time, fo shizzle.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/20/10 - 02:27 pm
Yes indeed Doc, but much more

Yes indeed Doc, but much more interesting is what exactly did Sasha and Malia buy on their shopping trip to the quaint little upscale shops in Martha's Vineyard?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/20/10 - 03:28 pm
RK, wherever you are...rain

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 03:29 pm
They will indict clemens for

They will indict clemens for lying to congress!! How about prezbojangles and his merry crooks: Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Geitner, et al!!!!!

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 03:49 pm
Now sledge, you can only

Now sledge, you can only indict right wing, conservative types. Didn't you get the memo?

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 03:50 pm
I have a more inclusive

I have a more inclusive avatar, but somehow, I don't think the AC particularly likes me to use it, so I'll just refer to "congressional chimps".

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 04:18 pm
Stickmen said he got banned

Stickmen said he got banned for misspelling Siilque's name. Appears he spelled it siliyque or some such way. Said it ws an honest mistake. Also appears the moderators need to ratchet the PC machine down a notch or two!

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 04:26 pm
For God's sake man, don't

For God's sake man, don't misspell a poster's name! Instant death.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 04:30 pm
It is easy to dodge our

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.”

Josiah Charles Stamp

w00t

let's just pretend I got this in by 420... k?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 04:40 pm
Just returned from a

Just returned from a semi-business lunch at 1102.

Called Sarge and this is what he said about Lori his daughter.

She had what is called an "Aspirated Seizure". Prior, she had develop phenomena and had a vomit episode where some of it had entered her lungs and caused an infection. Doctors stated that she almost received a ticket to see the good Lord. Because it was caught as fast as it was, she is now out of critical condition and is recovering nicely.

Sarge said he was unable to get on line up their where they are at and will maybe be home tomorrow.

Wants to thanks everybody for their concerns.

This was also sent by email.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/20/10 - 04:52 pm
Great news CG! I will keep

Great news CG! I will keep the prayers coming though!

sliique
sliique 08/20/10 - 05:38 pm
"RK, wherever you are...rain

"RK, wherever you are...rain has canceled mowing today...perhaps before it rains tomorrow morning will work...I'll be checking weather reports, humidity and will drive by this eve to check moisture content and holler back atcha before the a.m...."

Email, phone, etc? Naw, post something completely and utterly OFF topic!

Jake
Jake 08/20/10 - 05:44 pm
Can Clemens sue Congress for

Can Clemens sue Congress for lying to him?

sledgehammer
sledgehammer 08/20/10 - 05:45 pm
Is your post "on" topic?

Is your post "on" topic?

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/20/10 - 05:57 pm
What Clemens did gives a

What Clemens did gives a whole new meaning to the concept of shooting yourself in the foot. Why would anyone, not subpoenaed by the Feds, feel so compelled to rush on over to congress, so he can say tons of things that can, and are, being held against him? Seriously? Hey, you can lie to the media, you can lie in print, you can even lie to the cops, but what is now happening to him is exactly the reason why most people avoid congressional hearings, unless forced to testify. Because, as Blago has just learned, you just can't lie to the Feds. Really bad idea!