Rants & Raves

I think the payment of surgeries for overweight people is terrible! I am overweight myself and as hard as I try, I can't seem to keep the extra weight off but I sure don't feel like someone should pay for surgery as there is always a risk with such surgeries which do not always work. Or are these surgeries supposed to be a way to study the harmful effects by people foolish enough to risk their lives getting cut into?

The city accepted federal monies for new streetlights adding to our national debt. The cities and states should refuse federal dollars. if they want new street lights the city should pay for them. My federal tax dollars should not be used for dumb street lights.

ASU is the tax supported college that denies rights to Christian students. But what does ASU favor? The first week of school includes: rides, games, food, bingo, fireworks, golf, "to gear up students." ASU uses absurdity to "welcome" students, but does not welcome Christians. Christians, beware! Don't get near ASU. They might give you some golf or bingo.

Thank you Lewiston Elemetary for locking the doors and making the parents stand in the rain, thunder and lightning before parent orientation. We really got a good idea of how much value you place on our lives and the lives of our children!

If local school officials had brains they'd know that accepting even one federal grant means they are ceding legitimate local authority to the federal government. This is both unconstitutional and supremely dumb.

Sylvia Cooper is a great communicator and gives me a good laugh every time I read her comments.

If you have a potbelly and don't use deodorant, then please don't wear a tank top out to a restaurant. You are just telling everyone that you are a slob. If you can't dress properly then eat at home or go to the drive thru.

Another rave for Dr. Frank Moreland and all those in his practice and office. They treated our fragile rescued cat with sensitivity and excellent care, upholding humane ethics to the highest degree. Our simple, but very lovable, gray tabby cat was given the best of veterinary service, even to the very end.

The government (all levels) made a big secrecy deal out of what was being dug up at Ft. Lawton/Magnolia Springs State Park at Millen. Now the GA Southern website reveals the big secrets. That's it?! A pipe? A cut bullet?! Why such secrecy? What idiots govt produces!

I like most Americans agree with the president concerning religious freedom. But, common sense should question promoting a mosque to be built near Ground Zero. Not only is this a slap in the face and insult to all impacted by the terrorist attack of 911, but also is another example of Muslims attempting to subjugate all non-believers (infidels).

People that want to move to North Augusta, come on over. The mosquitoes are very hungry. Almost no money is being spent on mosquito spray. Come on over.

Tell us what you think
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 07:49 am
Wow....names are flying

Wow....names are flying bye-bye this am......I think I might just tip toe out of here...B4 I get caught in this tangled web...it's a little too early to live on the edge...I might need some more coffee with some Baileys in it. I wouldn't mind seeing that video again though Doc. :)

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 07:49 am
Would you also hire

Would you also hire naturalized US citizens with those ethnic backgrounds?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/10 - 07:56 am
Send anybody with good work

Send anybody with good work ethics, lawnmower, and weedeater to my house. I feel like entitling somebody to eat dinner tonight.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 08:00 am
B4, not Thomson but close,

B4, not Thomson but close, Cobalt Park in Appling. Never smile too long at my avatar!

This is a Rave for Zeno and his helper, 2 days cleaning the park up. Two patriot "Working Americans" that could outwork any illegal undocumented visitor. Very few like them left.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 08:05 am

Thank you CG for giving a USA citizen some work..
When you say close... do ya mean close to you at Cobalts in Appling?
& do you know if Sarge's daughter is ok now?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 08:09 am
Nothing from Sarge, will call

Nothing from Sarge, will call this AM.

Appling is my historical place after 20+ years around the world.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/10 - 08:09 am
CG, I lost Zeno's number. So

CG, I lost Zeno's number. So now I need a favor. Just tell him my yard is ready again. Whenever he can get to it. Thanks

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 08:11 am
Imagine that ...You covered

Imagine that ...You covered the world & you found good ole Georgia for your resting place.....ya can't beat the South CG. :o)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 08:13 am
I miss Zenos long winded

I miss Zenos long winded quirky posts in the am..

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/20/10 - 08:13 am
RK, I have some early errands

RK, I have some early errands but likely could get to it this afternoon if rain does not persist today...sorry I did not get to it while you were away...it was my intent, but George and so many others have kept me busy this past month...(thanks to all) ...now if you'd like to guarantee a regular cutting we can talk about a gentleman's agreement as I don't do contracts...call me or email me if you'd like to confirm...morning all...will be gone in just a few minutes to get it all started...have an estimate to do just after noon, machines n metal to deal w this a.m. let me know RK...ya'll have a great day.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/20/10 - 08:15 am
Thanks for the sweet

Thanks for the sweet sentiments Seenit..RK, traverse to my avatar page on AC, link to my Facebook page and find the contact info...phones are there.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 08:16 am
Info for local Veterans and

Info for local Veterans and Retires:

Good afternoon Retirees,

EAMC provides the following on upcoming Pharmacy Closures:

The Eisenhower Army Medical Center's Outpatient and PX-Refill Pharmacy will
be closed on Saturday, August 21st due to computer upgrade. They will
re-open on Monday August 23rd with normal business hours. If you need
prescriptions filled on this day, we ask that you visit a local off-post
network pharmacy. Please call (706) 787-8033 if you have any questions or

Commercial: 706-791-2654 DSN 780-2654
FAX: Commercial 706-791-5246 DSN 780-5246
angela.gaston@us.army.mil

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/10 - 08:17 am
Z, thanks. Yard is ready

Z, thanks. Yard is ready whenever you are. Just come on over. I will be in and out all weekend.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 08:21 am
Would you also hire

Would you also hire naturalized US citizens with those ethnic backgrounds?
____________________________
I will hire those. I will hire those rare native born Americans with that immigrant work ethic too. You know, folks like me.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 08:21 am
RK, you and you know who have

RK, you and you know who have a fishing pass if you are interested in fishing. Just let me know.

My fish hate the sun between 10 am to 4 PM. Typical non-working people in Augusta.

IT D0C
IT D0C 08/20/10 - 08:21 am
WB Freeman.

WB Freeman.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 08/20/10 - 08:22 am
RK, will do. Have truck--will

RK, will do. Have truck--will travel...see ya later then...off to get things moving now...TTYL...G'day.

billoftt
billoftt 08/20/10 - 08:46 am
Seenitb4, it’s funny you ask

Seenitb4, it’s funny you ask that; I am not from Thomson, but I once sold cars there at a now defunct GM dealership a few years back. Side note: The only hurt feelings about that closure I have is that a few good, hard working, honest men that worked in service and in the detailing shop lost their jobs.

Anyway, the name comes from my younger days from the mid 1990’s and early 2000’s when I was a Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune NC. I was into motorcycles and motorcycle racing and I actually did some amateur motorcycle racing back then. Club racing, WERA, I raced at open track days at Roebling Road near Savannah and at Virginia International Raceway near Alton, VA. I did a few at Road Atlanta Raceway near Gainesville too. (Fun track, it had a nice “Gravity Cavity” that would suck my bike down going up the hill in the S’s.) Anyhoo, my favorite class of motorcycle racing was Tourist Trophy, which isn’t very popular in the United States, big over in Europe. Essentially, they form the track by barricading public roads for use. The Holy Grail, if you will, is the Isle of Man race. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 08:51 am
Does any of that explain your

Does any of that explain your screen name? Maybe I need more coffee.....

I've called Jarheads lots of things, but that's not one of them.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/20/10 - 08:56 am
bill, I grew up in Maysville

bill, I grew up in Maysville right up the road from LeJune. And thanks for serving jarhead. (jarhead is said with all respect from a soldier)

stickmen
stickmen 08/20/10 - 08:57 am
CG. what is a "netswork"

CG. what is a "netswork" pharamacy and how do they compare with Esienhower?

sliique
sliique 08/20/10 - 08:58 am
Now....I'm SURE the Mod's

Now....I'm SURE the Mod's KNOW who "JohnnyRotten," is!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/20/10 - 09:00 am
sliique - If you feel there

sliique - If you feel there is a problem with anything I have posted, please feel free to exercise your right to report it/them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 09:03 am
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard billoftt......I saw that you said you had been reading for years but just jumped into posting..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 09:05 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 09:08 am
tt stands for Tourist

tt stands for Tourist Trophy...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 09:08 am
Gotta go, short thought for

Gotta go, short thought for the day:

When driving to, from, and through Frankenmuth, Michigan. I'm always intrigued with the many small simple crosses in the front yards of the homes we pass by. Those crosses are a statement of support for Frankenmuth's Christian foundation. Two years ago an atheist living there complained about two crosses on a bridge in town. He requested that they be removed and the town removed them. He then decided that, since he was so successful with that, the city shield should also be changed since it had on it, along with other symbols, a heart with a cross inside signifying the city's Lutheran beginnings. At that point, the residents decided they had had enough. Hundreds of residents made their opinions known by placing small crosses in their front yards. Seeing this quiet but powerful statement from the community, the man removed his complaint. Those simple crosses remain in those front yards today.>

After passing those crosses for two years, it finally hit me that a small cross in millions of front yards across our country could provide a powerful and inspiring message for all Americans passing them every day. I think it might be time to take this idea across America. We have an administration that says "we are not a Christian nation" and everywhere you look the ACLU and others are trying to remove from our history and current lives any reference to God, prayer, or the fact that our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Our administration can't bring themselves to talk about "radical Muslims or Islamic terrorists" for fear of offending them, but they can talk about Americans "clinging to their guns and their religion", or insinuate that our own military troops coming home from service overseas might turn into terrorists.

The majority of Americans are Christians, why are we letting this happen to us?

IT'S TIME TO STAND UP AND MAKE A STATEMENT.

A SMALL, QUIET, BUT POWERFUL STATEMENT.

IF YOU AGREE, PLACE A SMALL WHITE CROSS IN YOUR FRONT YARD OR GARDEN

FOR ALL TO SEE THAT THEY ARE NOT ALONE.

It would be a beautiful thing to see crosses all across America. Let's tell everyone who we are. Please pass this along. Encourage all you know to stand for America's Judeo-Christian heritage and our religious freedom.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/20/10 - 09:09 am
B4, Roger.

B4, Roger.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/20/10 - 09:17 am
CG....Not only the cross sign

CG....Not only the cross sign BUT many other ways we could stand together to regain our freedoms..The bulk of the common sense working Americans have been silent for tooo long just trying to be pc...
The border problem
The school problem
The welfare problem
The freedom of speech problem
The crime problem
Many have had enough......I can see a change is a-coming/VOTE!!
see ya later folks.

overaugusta
overaugusta 08/20/10 - 09:18 am
looks like the city enjoys

looks like the city enjoys handouts just as much as so-called "lazy" folks. haha get a clue. no one has time for political maneuvering and BS. as dumb as the kids are here, y'all need every dollar you can get. hell, RC needs to take a dollar even if it were from the hand of Satan. lol

"dumb street lights"
......my point exactly.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.