Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

HOW DID SHAQUAN DULEY come to the conclusion that by getting rid of two of her children it would solve all of her problems? Murdering her two little boys is a shocking outcome of her morbid thinking. One thing is certain is that the boys are now in a better place.

WHY IS BRADLEY MANNING, the Army private, being hailed as a hero because he leaked classified information regarding Afghan reports? He has now put some of our troops and Afghan personnel in immediate danger because names have been published in the leaked material. Think of what he has done before calling him a hero.

THIS IS A RAVE for one of our Richmond County employees. Ms. Joan Shakleford in the Jury Clerk's Office is a most pleasant person to deal with. My daughter got a jury summons but she is off at school so Ms. Joan took her address and said that everything was handled. She also took the time to visit with my other daughter and me all the way to the elevator. Hats off to Ms. Shakelford!

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN to separate religion from terrorism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the U.S. Constitution doesn't allow discrimination based on religion.

IT'S ANOTHER SAD element to the crazy world today that a man is saluted as a hero who would curse away in a plane full of people, deploy an emergency chute that could have caused harm or death, steal a beer or more and then quit the job by riding the chute down. Anyone who quits in that irresponsible and dangerous way, along with stealing an item or more in the process, is someone I would never approve for employ anywhere except to scoop poop up or to handle trash.

HEADLINE: "MCG could get a name change." Hmmm. That's what progressive orgs do when they're in trouble, so they can resurface with no difference but their name. Something about this MCG stuff seems super political and has nothing to do with medicine, teaching or healing anybody.

ABOUT THE RECENT Cherry Tree death: Where's the outrage? Have we forgotten when the police shot a known felon who tried to run them over? Residents were very upset, and even set up a shrine. Oh, wait ... it's only a big deal when the police shoot/murder someone. Civilian killing civilian is just an unfortunate tragedy.

SMOKERS HAVE THE RIGHT to their health-degrading and horribly smelling habit. I understand that. What I don't understand is why smokers insist on standing just outside the door of fast food restaurants. Particularly the employees of the restaurants. When I'm on my lunch break that's the last thing I want to smell when I'm hungry.

THIS IS TO the people who are in charge of roads and bridges in Grovetown. If you're wondering why there are so many potholes on Chamblin Road, it's those huge double front cement trucks that use the road as a short cut. There is a sign on one end of that road that says no through trucks, but it's missing on the other side near the interstate bridge. I see it happening everyday.

Tell us what you think
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 07:55 pm
Sarge, we were kept informed,

Sarge, we were kept informed, great news.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/21/10 - 08:05 pm
Hi RK, Yes, and a huge

Hi RK, Yes, and a huge relief. Thank you all again and again!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/21/10 - 08:11 pm
CG, are you still here? That

CG, are you still here? That call that interrupted my conversation with you, was the doctor in N.C. checking on Lori! I'll tell ya, if you ever wanted to be taken care of in one of the nicest small hospitals I've ever seen, the one in Rutherfordton is tops. Every room is private, and the people there were beyond nice. We felt like we had known them all our lives. Other than our daughter's illness, what we experienced from the staff and hospital was nothing short of perfect!

happychimer
happychimer 08/21/10 - 08:18 pm
Sarge good to hear your

Sarge good to hear your daughter is getting better.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/21/10 - 08:27 pm
Thank you, Happy! She is

Thank you, Happy! She is still ill, but improving. Very weak right now, and we are trying to get her to follow her doctor's orders..I expect she will be sleeping most of the night tonight, as the trip back was pretty tiring for her! Thank you again!

happychimer
happychimer 08/21/10 - 08:34 pm
You are very welcome Sarge.

You are very welcome Sarge.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/21/10 - 08:40 pm
Well, I've got no energy to

Well, I've got no energy to charge tonight, just too tired from the trip. I must be getting old!. You nice folks have a wonderful night, and God bless you all!

happychimer
happychimer 08/21/10 - 08:42 pm
good night Sarge

good night Sarge

usafvet
usafvet 08/21/10 - 08:47 pm
Good news. Good night Sarge.

Good news. Good night Sarge. Will E-mail you later.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/10 - 11:24 pm
(I believe it all started

(I believe it all started with this one which is in no doubt directed at me because I am a violator of the on topic policy)

"There is a huge difference in my book between starting the day off with nonsensical comments and links to songs anybody could find themselves etc and going ahead and letting those who wish to read and comment on the actual Rants and Raves have a chance before the clowning starts. I like the clowning too, but I personally try and leave most of it until folks have had a chance to read any legitimate posts/opinions (if there happen to be any)."

Acceptable opinion which I had no comment to be made.....THEN......

"My personal pet peeve is IDIOTS using this forum to RESPOND to emails that they received. Try hitting "Reply" on the message you just got, you'll be amazed with the results."

........NOW.......

"Hey CG - You whine like a little girl. I've never reported "off-topic" and have no intention to. I offered my opinions, that is all. You don't have to agree, but whining like a sissy doesn't say much for you."

So now I am an IDIOTS and a SISSY.......Have I ever called you anything other than JR?

If it make you feel stronger and braver to call me those names, have at it!