Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

HOW DID SHAQUAN DULEY come to the conclusion that by getting rid of two of her children it would solve all of her problems? Murdering her two little boys is a shocking outcome of her morbid thinking. One thing is certain is that the boys are now in a better place.

WHY IS BRADLEY MANNING, the Army private, being hailed as a hero because he leaked classified information regarding Afghan reports? He has now put some of our troops and Afghan personnel in immediate danger because names have been published in the leaked material. Think of what he has done before calling him a hero.

THIS IS A RAVE for one of our Richmond County employees. Ms. Joan Shakleford in the Jury Clerk's Office is a most pleasant person to deal with. My daughter got a jury summons but she is off at school so Ms. Joan took her address and said that everything was handled. She also took the time to visit with my other daughter and me all the way to the elevator. Hats off to Ms. Shakelford!

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN to separate religion from terrorism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the U.S. Constitution doesn't allow discrimination based on religion.

IT'S ANOTHER SAD element to the crazy world today that a man is saluted as a hero who would curse away in a plane full of people, deploy an emergency chute that could have caused harm or death, steal a beer or more and then quit the job by riding the chute down. Anyone who quits in that irresponsible and dangerous way, along with stealing an item or more in the process, is someone I would never approve for employ anywhere except to scoop poop up or to handle trash.

HEADLINE: "MCG could get a name change." Hmmm. That's what progressive orgs do when they're in trouble, so they can resurface with no difference but their name. Something about this MCG stuff seems super political and has nothing to do with medicine, teaching or healing anybody.

ABOUT THE RECENT Cherry Tree death: Where's the outrage? Have we forgotten when the police shot a known felon who tried to run them over? Residents were very upset, and even set up a shrine. Oh, wait ... it's only a big deal when the police shoot/murder someone. Civilian killing civilian is just an unfortunate tragedy.

SMOKERS HAVE THE RIGHT to their health-degrading and horribly smelling habit. I understand that. What I don't understand is why smokers insist on standing just outside the door of fast food restaurants. Particularly the employees of the restaurants. When I'm on my lunch break that's the last thing I want to smell when I'm hungry.

THIS IS TO the people who are in charge of roads and bridges in Grovetown. If you're wondering why there are so many potholes on Chamblin Road, it's those huge double front cement trucks that use the road as a short cut. There is a sign on one end of that road that says no through trucks, but it's missing on the other side near the interstate bridge. I see it happening everyday.

Tell us what you think
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/10 - 04:29 pm
According to Snopes this is

According to Snopes this is all False! Sorry JR but my common sense tell me different.

General Eisenhower Warned Us.

It is a matter of history that when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect:

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

This week, the UK debated whether to remove The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offends' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. It is not removed as yet.. However, this is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the, six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians, and 1,900 Catholic priests Who were 'murdered, raped, burned, starved, beaten, experimented on and humiliated' while many in the world looked the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran , among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'a myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

How many years will it be before the attack on the World Trade Center
'NEVER HAPPENED',

Because it offends some Muslim???

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE...SOMEONE HAD TO PAY FOR IT!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 04:35 pm

THE FUTURE.

Cg ...It is amazing how the majority buckles under for the few LOUD voices.....some just don't want to rock the boat & take the easy way out BUT what they don't realize is "THE BOAT will sink.......sometimes you have to fight for what you think is right.
Thank God I'm a country girl!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/10 - 04:35 pm
Darn it, violated the "Please

Darn it, violated the "Please stay on topic" Law again!

Please JR don't report it, I don't want to be sent back to AC jail.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 04:40 pm
Don't worry Cg we will round

Don't worry Cg we will round em up-git the $$$ to pay em' off & git your hiney out again. Might have to kiss up BUt if that is what it takes to git ya out....:O)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 04:45 pm
We had the most powerful

We had the most powerful thunder storm last night....cable is still out...lightning strikes that made the dogs go crazy!! Thank goodness I don't have everything on cable.

Jake
Jake 08/21/10 - 05:06 pm
This is so off topic and I

This is so off topic and I know I could find this on Epicurious.com but does anyone out there have a good hush puppy recipe? I am doing a rare thing today, frying fish, and I would like to do the hush puppy thing. seenit, give me a good Buck Owens video to click on to, I am too lazy to do it myself.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:12 pm

whatever you wish my dear.....I hope that it is B Owens & not that racy-nekkid video I was watching ,:)

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:16 pm
@usafvet 1:46PM-Never did see

@usafvet 1:46PM-Never did see Trey.But thanks for the Hi!

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:19 pm
George@5:21-Good to hear

George@5:21-Good to hear that.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 05:20 pm
Everybody keeps insisting

Everybody keeps insisting this is Saturday. What the heck happened to Friday?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:21 pm
HUSH PUPPIES 1/2 cup flour,

HUSH PUPPIES

1/2 cup flour, sifted
1 1/2 cups white cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 egg, beaten

Combine all ingredients. Drop into hot oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, until golden brown. Serve while hot with fish.
Serving Size: 4
a simple recipe....I'm sure some will have others to give you....
Let us know if ya need anyting else Jake...:)

Jake
Jake 08/21/10 - 05:23 pm
Thanks seenit, what a great

Thanks seenit, what a great band he had to back him up. Send the link to the racy-nekkid video, the kids are playing elsewhere in the house.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:24 pm
Did have a nice surprise at

Did have a nice surprise at my front door,around 12:17.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:25 pm
Evidently RK ya got your

Evidently RK ya got your wires crossed or the days mixed up or ya drinking some powerful stuff!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:26 pm
What kind of surprise tots?

What kind of surprise tots?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 05:27 pm
Ya gonna tell us or just keep

Ya gonna tell us or just keep us in suspense.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:29 pm
Enquiring minds need to

Enquiring minds need to know..............

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:31 pm
tots is playing with

tots is playing with us......tater tots ......

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:35 pm
Nope not going to tell ya'll.

Nope not going to tell ya'll.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:36 pm
Well RK..we might have to

Well RK..we might have to make up what we think happened..

Scene at door
A police officer came to the door....he said "Young lady you will have to come with me." "Why", she said...He said "Cause you were seen riding your lawn mower butt-nekkid at 800am this morning"
The male neighbors sez "No problem" BUT the females sez "Arrest her."
Is that it???

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:38 pm
Nope,but good try.

Nope,but good try.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 05:39 pm
Spending a Saturday, or is it

Spending a Saturday, or is it really Friday, night with seenit and Tots. Life is good. Now if somebody would bring me a beer.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:40 pm
Will say it wasn't Larry the

Will say it wasn't Larry the cable guy.
But he is cute.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 05:41 pm
Uhhh, I wasn't

Uhhh, I wasn't there..................

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:43 pm
What you wont us to do "ESP"

What you wont us to do "ESP" it to you?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 05:44 pm
Tots, if it was a critter

Tots, if it was a critter don't feed it. They spread the word about suckers like me and they will all drop in.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 08/21/10 - 05:44 pm
Unless I am that critter

Unless I am that critter

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 05:48 pm
I chase critters off,less I'm

I chase critters off,less I'm real hungry.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 05:56 pm
two cans of tomato sauce

two cans of tomato sauce
three cans of cooked tomatoes
1/2 thickly sliced worthog meat (mainly for flavor)
a big bag of pasta noodles (any redneck kind will do)
1/2 possum (other 1/2 can be used for breakfast possum-omlettes)
salt and pepper

Directions:
Fry bacon in big gramma kettle, over mid. size fire, then fry possum in the grease till golden brown. Take the meat out, then add enough water to pot to fill 2/3 way and then boil noodles. Once cooked add both things of tomatoes to kettle and meat and add enough salt and pepper to old granny's taste. Cook all together for a bout 1 hour simmering over low fire to sautee.

Bone Appa Teet.
Possum recipe....that's it for me tonight.....gotta feed a possum sitting next to me! Have a great night. This is possum stew recipe.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/21/10 - 06:43 pm
Hello Everyone, With credit

Hello Everyone,

With credit to Almighty God, our daughter improved enough to be released from the Rutherfordton, N.C. Hospital this morning. She is still recovering. Lori has improved dramatically, although extremely weak, and exhausted from the trip home. She is scheduled for follow up care by MCG early next week, and hopefully, she is out of danger from a relapse. As some of you may already know. Lori had come down with pneumonia, then experienced an aspirated seizure. While she was unconscious, she threw up and some of it leaked back into her lung, causing the terrible, full blown infection. We nearly lost her on Wednesday night, but God was merciful to us!

Right now, she is resting and sleeping, and we will be watching her very closely for the next 76 hours.

Precious and I send out our sincere heartfelt thanks for your prayers and concerns.

Sincerely,