Rants & Raves

Comments from our readers:

HOW DID SHAQUAN DULEY come to the conclusion that by getting rid of two of her children it would solve all of her problems? Murdering her two little boys is a shocking outcome of her morbid thinking. One thing is certain is that the boys are now in a better place.

WHY IS BRADLEY MANNING, the Army private, being hailed as a hero because he leaked classified information regarding Afghan reports? He has now put some of our troops and Afghan personnel in immediate danger because names have been published in the leaked material. Think of what he has done before calling him a hero.

THIS IS A RAVE for one of our Richmond County employees. Ms. Joan Shakleford in the Jury Clerk's Office is a most pleasant person to deal with. My daughter got a jury summons but she is off at school so Ms. Joan took her address and said that everything was handled. She also took the time to visit with my other daughter and me all the way to the elevator. Hats off to Ms. Shakelford!

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN to separate religion from terrorism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the U.S. Constitution doesn't allow discrimination based on religion.

IT'S ANOTHER SAD element to the crazy world today that a man is saluted as a hero who would curse away in a plane full of people, deploy an emergency chute that could have caused harm or death, steal a beer or more and then quit the job by riding the chute down. Anyone who quits in that irresponsible and dangerous way, along with stealing an item or more in the process, is someone I would never approve for employ anywhere except to scoop poop up or to handle trash.

HEADLINE: "MCG could get a name change." Hmmm. That's what progressive orgs do when they're in trouble, so they can resurface with no difference but their name. Something about this MCG stuff seems super political and has nothing to do with medicine, teaching or healing anybody.

ABOUT THE RECENT Cherry Tree death: Where's the outrage? Have we forgotten when the police shot a known felon who tried to run them over? Residents were very upset, and even set up a shrine. Oh, wait ... it's only a big deal when the police shoot/murder someone. Civilian killing civilian is just an unfortunate tragedy.

SMOKERS HAVE THE RIGHT to their health-degrading and horribly smelling habit. I understand that. What I don't understand is why smokers insist on standing just outside the door of fast food restaurants. Particularly the employees of the restaurants. When I'm on my lunch break that's the last thing I want to smell when I'm hungry.

THIS IS TO the people who are in charge of roads and bridges in Grovetown. If you're wondering why there are so many potholes on Chamblin Road, it's those huge double front cement trucks that use the road as a short cut. There is a sign on one end of that road that says no through trucks, but it's missing on the other side near the interstate bridge. I see it happening everyday.

Tell us what you think
Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 09:25 am
crackerjack - ;-) LOL (RK -

crackerjack - ;-) LOL

(RK - I changed my avatar to answer your earlier question)

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 10:07 am
Wuf@8:31-The public schools

Wuf@8:31-The public schools are doing such an ity job teaching our kids anything.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 10:13 am
AsitisinAugusta-Really

AsitisinAugusta-Really enjoyed reading your post this morning,especially on the Judge and crime.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 10:23 am
Johnny@7:22am-Thanks for the

Johnny@7:22am-Thanks for the Honeybee link.
@8:43-Jonny your still a sweet bee to me,"Honey".

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 10:39 am
PPPLLLLEEEEZEE Tots....ya

PPPLLLLEEEEZEE Tots....ya will blow his head soo big he won't be able to fly!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 10:45 am
Speaking of flies, the trap

Speaking of flies, the trap is still working very well. It has now gone from "ant farm" status to "biology project" status. We've even got some live newborn maggots in there that I can watch live and not on my computer monitor.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 10:45 am
Roadkill@9:48-roll over,wake

Roadkill@9:48-roll over,wake up !
"It's Saturday".

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 10:50 am
Good luck with that, Tots. I

Good luck with that, Tots. I tried 2 hours ago. Thanks for pretending to appreciate some of my comments. ;-)

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 10:54 am
RCSO just captured the other

RCSO just captured the other guy involved in the break in at Judge J. Carlisle's yesterday. Let's see how long it takes AC to notice.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 11:02 am
Johnny,I wouldn't do that to

Johnny,I wouldn't do that to you.But I'm just an Idiot on here.XOXO"S.
DID you call him?

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 11:06 am
I used teenager mode via

I used teenager mode via cellphone text msg. He answered me, made one post, then apparently rolled back over. LOL!

JR - Are you going to get your "self" out of bed today?
RK - Maybe

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 11:09 am

Neal Boortz must have written this for you Cobalt..
PC phrases that burn his bacon.

Tots
Tots 08/21/10 - 11:17 am
"MEN"...........

"MEN"...........
Guess I'll sit back ,watch and see who's got the ball.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 11:22 am
I'm still trying to figure

I'm still trying to figure out who the extra 13% are:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 11:24 am

Cherokee county Ga. students tests above NATIONAL average.
On a scale of 1 to 36, Cherokee students' average ACT score was 22.2. The national average was 21 & the state average was 20.7.
Now who sez Ga. kids aren't smart!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 11:32 am
Compare them to Lakeside HS

Compare them to Lakeside HS if you are looking for things to keep you occupied.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 11:46 am

Sweet Home Alabama was made in the Crawfordville area....the bar scene was at Heavy's Barbecue & many locals were the extras in the movie.
gotta go again ( I know don't let the door & etc)
jr ... sometimes I just see if I can stay here ALL day like you do, BUT I have to say ,,,ya got me beat,, can't. But I see corgi is back on here...

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 11:54 am
Well making $30-75/hr is some

Well making $30-75/hr is some incentive to stay on a computer "all day". I hope you spend your new found $5 wisely.

corgimom
corgimom 08/21/10 - 11:57 am
The woman who killed her two

The woman who killed her two small children did it because she was mad at her mother. It has nothing to do with wanting them, abortion, birth control, or anything like that. It was shocking, horrible, and a sobering reminder that evil truly exists in this world.

corgimom
corgimom 08/21/10 - 12:01 pm
"We've even got some live

"We've even got some live newborn maggots in there that I can watch live and not on my computer monitor."

Thank you, sweet Jesus, that my life has never even remotely approached the point where I would spend one minute of it watching maggots on a computer monitor.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 12:22 pm
Then you must be looking at

Then you must be looking at different internet sites than I am. Have a blissful day!

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 12:38 pm
This URL should help cut down

This URL should help cut down CG's email output by at least 2/3's:

usafvet
usafvet 08/21/10 - 12:44 pm
If she was only mad at her

If she was only mad at her momma, why didn't she kill momma? Momma may have turned the tables. Be careful how you raise children or animals and be very careful that you can tell which is the animal. "As you sow, so shall you reap".

usafvet
usafvet 08/21/10 - 12:46 pm
Some times you raise a child

Some times you raise a child right and then they turn "rotten". Morning Trey. Tell Tots we said Hi.

momster59
momster59 08/21/10 - 01:02 pm
usafvet - she most likely

usafvet - she most likely didn't kill Momma, because the most excruciating thing she could do to Momma was to kill the grandbabies that she was accused of not properly taking care of. It is likely that she knew that Momma would rather die herself than have her grandbabies hurt or killed.

Johnny Rotten
Johnny Rotten 08/21/10 - 12:59 pm
hey Echo - Excellent point!

hey Echo - Excellent point!

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/21/10 - 03:56 pm
Afternoon all! Slow news day

Afternoon all! Slow news day again, but maybe we will get some rain. Until then the boys are frolicking in the back yard, the wife is mowing the the front yard, the nephew is working on the new walkway out front, and I am settled back in my big recliner, watching the Braves game. All is right with the world! Bbl...gotta fetch my own beer...dang!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 04:05 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/21/10 - 04:14 pm

computers in the future,,,,,there goes that $35-$75 each hour.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/10 - 04:21 pm
JR, Report me, off topic,

JR, Report me, off topic, Sarge made it back ok!

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs